FE Warriors DLC

FoxyGrandpa

Sure the roster is pretty bad, but since everything other than that looks really good so I'm still getting the game. I'm still annoyed that Azura isn't in the base roster so I might get it for Christmas or something.

And through scientific research, I've come to the conclusion that bride Lucina is really pretty, like really pretty. It's even a reference to Awakening's concept art (in which Lucina was the "model" for the Bride class), and I like obscure references so yes more alternate costumes please.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

It went from 13 to 29. The DLC pack that costed the same amount as the FEW DLC pack contained 5 characters.

Wow I didn't know the HW DLC was that significant. I hope we do indeed get a good number of options added, then.

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

It's just the generic Awakening Bride class dress. That's why they look the same.

Oops, I never bought that Awakening DLC so I didn't recognize it before.

And I'm still planning on buying it. It looks like some simple fun, and I like both Awakening and Fates so the roster focus doesn't bother me at all, honestly. I'm only bothered mostly for the sake of others who wanted more of the other characters.

Edited by Alkaid

1 hour ago, Lau said:

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by 'increasingly nervous man'. Could you explain?

[...]

And I agree, this is a crossover I've wanted for a long time. But...our opinions don't mean anything. At all.

The nervous man thing is a meme where said man repeats to himself that something will surely happen despite amounting evidence to the contrary. 

Also, don't kid yourself, your opinion and anyone's is important to let the developers know what could've been done better. It may be too late this time but if they attempt another crossover after this they may take our opinions into account. And as down as I may be on this crossover I don't want them to stop trying, I just want them to consider that maybe going the safe route with character selection isn't the most exciting choice and that there's an audience waiting for other characters to be acknowledged too.

I started the franchise with Fuuin no Tsurugi (but I've never finished... a long story not relevant here), but my favourites are the Fates ones, and I do love the other two 3DS ones... Well, lets be clear, I played only 5 canonical games (counting Fates as only one, and by played I don't mean to say finished), but I loved all of them (even though I evidently have my own preferences).

I think I have the worst case (at least one of the worst): my favourite games are (apparently) the most hated on the Internet, and even though I love some things that makes this people hate these games I undestand that IS have paid less attention to their "original fanbase" (for example, even if I prefer weapons without limited uses I think they should made limited uses as an option for the "classic fanbase").

I love the new things of the franchise, but I also respect the opinions and interests of those who loves the previous games. However, many times is hard for me to be a part of a FE community, because normally the people prefer the "easy way of hatred" instead the "hard way of comprehension and toleration", and they fight to try to impose that they're favourite games or characters are the best, mostly only because they're simply their favourites, instead of trying to admit that every person is a world itself with his own prefereneces and tastes. So that, I'm not used to even publish my own oppinion due the potential retaliations.

For the FEW DLC thingy, I'll buy the three DLC packs (even though I only "know" the characters from SD that are already revealed with the only exception of Camus (because of Echoes)), because that I don't know (or even care (at least until I can play their games)) the characters (in this case) it doesn't mean (for me) that they're automatically bad characters. I also have characters outside these games that I would love to use in Warriors, but this doesn't mean I can't been able to enjoy with the actual content of the game.

In summary, seriously, guys, stop throwing bile to the game because it just don't have your favourite characters and learn to enjoy a little bit (obviously this last sentence is not refered to those who wants to enjoy the game no matter what).

Sorry, this is my (more or less) third excessively long post I wrote here... but in the webpages I am most of the time I'm quite popular because of my overwhelming long texts :p.

1 hour ago, ChickenBits said:

Soooooo, after all this who is still planning on buying the game? I still do but just in case I'll look if there's any secrets in the Japanese game once it's released. I need know what's the dealio with Navarre.

would if I had a Switch or N3/2DS

14 minutes ago, Timeman said:

In summary, seriously, guys, stop throwing bile to the game because it just don't have your favourite characters and learn to enjoy a little bit (obviously this last sentence is not refered to those who wants to enjoy the game no matter what).

Who died and made you overlord? If someone can't enjoy the game they can't enjoy it. what's next will you try to make me see lucina as a good character?

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

Who died and made you overlord? If someone can't enjoy the game they can't enjoy it. what's next will you try to make me see lucina as a good character?

I even didn't made a direct reference to the game in this sentence, so I don't get your point here. Also, I don't care about Lucina, and I already said that I respect all the preferences instead of trying to impose my own ones.

1 hour ago, ChickenBits said:

Soooooo, after all this who is still planning on buying the game? I still do but just in case I'll look if there's any secrets in the Japanese game once it's released. I need know what's the dealio with Navarre.

I'll be buying the game's special edition and DLC since I still think it will be a great time. Compared to Hyrule Warriors, which I also enjoyed playing, it looks like this game has a lot more effort put into it between an expanded roster, full voice acting, and a weapon triangle. 

Only thing that really bugs me is the game's graphics, more specifically the lighting, since it makes the game look so inconsistent. Sometimes, the models look like they were ripped straight out of the CG cutscenes Awakening and Fates used. Other times, it makes the models look like plastic. Really hoping that a patch is added that makes the lighting significantly better, but I'm doubting that.

I have high hopes for the DLC. At minimum, I expect it to expand the number of characters in the game by 15 like in hyrule warriors, giving us roughly 40 characters, with new modes, weapons, and other things being added. 

6 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Just calm down, they were only saying there's no need to spread negativity. There's a lot of positives in the game but if it truly doesn't appeal to you then that's fine. 

9 hours ago, W.F.Jiel said:

Awakening: Tharja, Gaius, Nowi, Tharja and Gaius were with Cordelia and Chrom the most popular character of Awakening and Nowi cause a second dragonstone user could be fun

I dunno, I wouldn't count those two out as already being in the game. During last night's stream I think they said they had a thief character, whom I suspect is Gaius, and between that and Navarre being seen but not revealed, I think characters who are traditionally recruited from the enemy team ARE in the game but were not revealed post release, which would very likely include both Tharja and Gaius to go with Cordelia.

2 hours ago, FireEmblemFan2017 said:

Fire Emblem fanbase love to hate anything not from the GBA era or Ike games. Ironic enough if it was just the GBA and Ike games no one on this forum would be pissed, yeah I know fire emblem are some the most hypocrite fanbase.

Ironically, I hear they hated on Ike before they moved on to Awakening.

2 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

Why would this stop me?

55 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Oops, I never bought that Awakening DLC so I didn't recognize it before.

Yeah, I have it, but how do you use that class seriously?

25 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Ironically, I hear they hated on Ike before they moved on to Awakening.

Where did you hear such a thing? Ike has never been hated to that degree as far as I know. The only "hate" I saw for him back then was butthurt Roy fans because Ike made Brawl and he didn't.

Edited by Anacybele

I had a hell of a morning figurin out how I feel about this. In the end, I'm just wondering who made all these decisions. I know ninty were the ones that wanted lucina in, but I'm still wondering about the rest of the obscure characters. As for if I'll get the game, I'll watch live streams and see from there.

The main issue I have with the DLC is that because of how soon it's been announced it sounds like content was purposefully withheld from the game. Which I don't like at all, some characters should be in the game already. Let's use Azura and Silas as an example, both of these characters have a bit of presence story wise they also are rather popular with some of the fans these characters should not have to be purchased to be enjoyed. Now on the flipside I wouldn't mind having to pay to play as say Shiro, Sophie or Siegbert as an example for while I like these characters they are not important to the story nor do they get a lot of presence outside of supports. And a similar thing can be said for the roster representation for Awakening and Shadow Dragon.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

If Lucina and Chrom share a moveset, does that mean we can mod the bridal dress onto him and it will look correct?

I'd guess so. There would likely be some graphical issues given he isn't supposed to wear it, but I don't think it'd be entirely dysfunctional if the two share a gameplay "skeleton". Now if could mod it onto M!Robin or Frederick, the wedding could be held at last.

It's a shame they aren't using the DLC for diversifying the games featured, but if the DLC chars have solid movesets and the rest of the included content was good, then that would suffice.

I severely doubt we'll get a second wave of DLC, Awakening was all too exceptional unfortunately. But if we did, that would be the chance to add Ike and Hector and expand the featured games. If there is no second wave, well here's to Fire Emblem Warriors 2 on Nintendo Super Switch! (Or whatever they'd call the successor.)

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd guess so. There would likely be some graphical issues given he isn't supposed to wear it, but I don't think it'd be entirely dysfunctional if the two share a gameplay "skeleton". Now if could mod it onto M!Robin or Frederick, the wedding could be held at last.

It's a shame they aren't using the DLC for diversifying the games featured, but if the DLC chars have solid movesets and the rest of the included content was good, then that would suffice.

I severely doubt we'll get a second wave of DLC, Awakening was all too exceptional unfortunately. But if we did, that would be the chance to add Ike and Hector and expand the featured games. If there is no second wave, well here's to Fire Emblem Warriors 2 on Nintendo Super Switch! (Or whatever they'd call the successor.)

Honestly it's probably for the better that the DLC focuses on the, uh, focus games rather than others.

Trying to cram a whole game's worth of characters and maps into a DLC pack just wouldn't work without being half-assed. It worked with Hyrule Warriors since the games only really had one or two characters worth adding anyway, but Fire Emblem needs a lot more from each game, and I'd rather see them saved for a sequel.

5 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Well, there go my hopes and dreams. 

I was really holding out for the DLC but, I really don't care anymore. I honesty don't even want to pick up the game now.

And if you really want KT to listen, complain abut it, we complained about FE heroes, and  look what they've done.

If your hopes and dreams are pinned on a game, you might want to re-evaluate your priorities.  I think you know me well enough to know that hyperbole doesn't sit well with me.

5 hours ago, FireEmblemFan2017 said:

Fire Emblem fanbase love to hate anything not from the GBA era or Ike games. Ironic enough if it was just the GBA and Ike games no one on this forum would be pissed, yeah I know fire emblem are some the most hypocrite fanbase.

Says the guy who's named "FireEmblemFan2017".

Guess what, YOU are part of the fanbase.  So if you don't like the fanbase, you can either try to make it better or find a group of fans that you do like.  But whining about it will accomplish nothing.

2 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

The main issue I have with the DLC is that because of how soon it's been announced it sounds like content was purposefully withheld from the game. Which I don't like at all, some characters should be in the game already.

A few days before release, how does that seem "soon"? It felt like an appropriate time to announce DLC to me. Was Mewtwo withheld by being announced a few weeks between the 3DS and Wii U releases of Smash 4? Nope. You have to remember that the game releases in Japan in just a few days. Which means the devs have long since been finished with the base game and roster, and well they'd have to be so that there's time to mass-produce the game cart and cases. Rinse and repeat for localizations and its mass-production period (or do it all at the same time for global releases). Not to mention models take months to create and animate.

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

If Lucina and Chrom share a moveset, does that mean we can mod the bridal dress onto him and it will look correct?

Once I know some Switch modders... we'll see.