Let's talk about everything wrong with Warriors' cast

Jonahtron

For starter:

• There's 3 lance users (All of which are fliers with the same moveset), 3 axe users and 11 sword users.
  • They claim to be focusing on 3 games to limit the amount of sword users, yet sword users make up nearly half the cast.
  • They claim to focus on Awakening, fates and shadow dragon, but they completely shaft shadow dragon in favor of having 2 Corrins. Because that's what the people want.
    • I actually don't mind them focusing on 3 games. It makes since, given that trying to represent the whole series would be impossible, It's just that almost the whole cast is from Awakening and fates..
  • Why do Rowan and Lianna use swords?
  • Why does Celica use a Sword?
  • Nobody cares even a little bit about Rowan and Lianna, so why not just cut them and put effort into characters people actually want?
  • And finally, why is the first dlc pack adding in more fates characters? There's already 10 of them, add something new!

Rally the main issue is fates. It has too many main characters, so it ends up taking to much room. If it didn't exist, we could of gotten more shadow dragon, and maybe fe7 characters. Also fates contributes four sword users. so that matters, I guess. I don't know. I just wanted to vent. I'm just mad about Jagen and Minerva not getting in the game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We've discussed everything wrong with the Warriors cast hundreds of times... must we do it again?

I understand your complaints but there's nothing that can be done. Unless you don't have a single character you want to play, the game itself looks good enough to warrant a purchase.

I'm with Jedi, but for the sake of humouring you, I'll actually take the time to discern every single point you've made:

• You forgot to mention how there are 3-4 mages (two of which are mounted) and 2-3 archers. added together with the others, that makes 11-13 non-swords, which brings us to the next point:
  • In this way, even though swords make about half the cast, its still much better than practically the entire cast [barring 3], if it went with every main character in the series, as the devs were worried over.
  • I don't think thats something you can blame on Corrin, since they're quite literally the same person, but undergone different paths. The two slots filled by Lyn and Celica could have went towards more SD characters, but because popularity and demand, here they are, yet no one wants to say it, due to the two of them being non Awakening-Fates. You also conveniently forgot to mention Robin who doesn't have Corrin's differed affiliations.
  • We know the answer to this already.There's nothing we can do about it at this stage of the game.
  • Because she primarily has one? Yes, she uses black magic, but not exclusively and given the very nature of her magic in comparison to mages, she can't really utilize an entire move set dedicated to it, as per the establishment of tomes.
  • Thats an assumption. Overshadowed would be the better term, but for the sake of the tale within the game, that's what it is. Otherwise, what else could serve as the backbone of the story?
  • New alternative: what if, they actually ARE adding something new, via Fates? Yet because its coming from Fates, its somehow not new???? Despite what opinions are, Fates has a lot of things that it can offer to the game, had they only been able to fit. 

It's clearly logic that some characters are there as a bonus ; Celica is a last minutes add because she's a clone ; I'm fine with some characters being cloned just for having their presences in game ; and as I already said for DW9, weapons can be fixed later. 

Every clones are last add for me, and male/female are alt, it doesn't take much time to do this. People are mad because they gives us bonus characters? 

As their focus games, I'm disappointed too but they can't put all games in it, it's too much work and would be bad as the story would be disastrous with too much games. Some would get too much represented and some won't and peoples will continue to complain about their favorites games having only one characters with no story.

At least with expansions, they can focus on a few others stories later. 

And don't forget Awakening and Fates are more popular than any other FE games, so that's why some didn't get in as easy as them. It's a bit annoying for FE fans from the beginning but well, we should be glad this series isn't over because it could have been if not for Awakening..

I'm sure they'll focus on the base games to finish them, then having Alm and co joining with another dlc, Hector and co with the last one ; and Radiant Dawn as the expansion. Or a thing like that. We'll see.

And don't forget the base game FE has everyone with the same class with some having different evolutions (branching promotion) and with this , being different from others. So I hope it'll be like that to have different moveset/weapons. 

Edited by Metakirby

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That just sound like an excersize in toxicity so I'll just state one completely uncontroversial complaint. 

The lack of villains. We need more of them.  

I don't think there is any way the fellow in your avatar won't make an appearance, and we'll need an SD baddie too.

28 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That just sound like an excersize in toxicity so I'll just state one completely uncontroversial complaint. 

True that.

There's no'Boro.

I'm gonna wait until I actually get the game in my hands before I complain.  Some of y'all are way too hopped up to bitch and moan about the game when it hasn't even hit the shelves.

Instead, I'll mention a few things I like about the cast.  I know there's a dedicated "FE Warriors appreciation thread", but I dunno if it'd do much good to just post in an isolated corner of the board like that, so I'll post such things here.

• I like that Chrom finally gets a slice of action in an action-oriented game after getting shafted in Smash
  • I like the inclusion of Leo and Takumi; both are favorites of mine, and I'm sure they'll be interesting and fun to use
  • Lyn and Celica were pleasant surprises, regardless of whether they were "last minute" additions
  • I'm glad for the inclusion of pegasus knights; I'll probably pick Caeda simply because SD representation
  • I really like the Awakening cast in general; so glad Fred's in, and I'm always down for Lucina, even if she might sometimes hog the spotlight these days or borrow moves from other characters
  • The fact that characters from different worlds interact is pretty cool; I'm not expecting anything serious or earth-shattering, but it's still nice to see
  • And one last thing: this isn't all we're getting.  I can guarantee you that there are more, either planned for DLC (confirmed) or included in the game but not advertised
  • Even if it was all we're getting, it's still more than any other Musou premiere collab title, even if we account for clones (or if not, then it's fairly close)

Of course I ain't telling anyone to suck it up and like it - people are free to feel however they please - but I just find it kinda stupid that people are complaining about a game that isn't even out yet, especially when we don't know everything about it.  I'll admit that the cast isn't ideal for me, or that PR has been kinda crap, and there are certainly others I wanted that I've yet to see (who probably aren't in the game), but I never fooled myself into believing that all of my faves would get in unless they half-assed the game.

I think given what they were trying to go for, they could've done worse.  I'm okay with what we're getting, so long as it's actually fun to play.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't care too much about most villains, but I'd really like to see Walhart and/or Hardin.  I guess Camus too, if you can even count him as a villain.  It'd be funny to see "Sirius" and not!Marth exchange words.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I don't care too much about most villains, but I'd really like to see Walhart and/or Hardin.  I guess Camus too, if you can even count him as a villain.  It'd be funny to see "Sirius" and not!Marth exchange words.

Well, its not just about the villains themselves but also that the heroes need people to fight against. 

The later part of the Dynasty Warriors story is set in a time when most playable characters are long dead for example and its really noticeable that practically all enemy officers are generics. None of the three core games can be said to have great villains but even so they would serve a useful purpose of giving you big shot opponents. 

Hyrule Warriors handled the villains pretty well by having three main Zelda villains, three originals and several bosses. 

Fire emblem Warriors may end up handling it well but that we only know of Validar mere days before the release is a bit worrying. 

4 hours ago, Motendra said:

The two slots filled by Lyn and Celica could have went towards more SD characters, but because popularity and demand, here they are, yet no one wants to say it, due to the two of them being non Awakening-Fates.  

To clarify this point, in no way am I necessarily against their inclusion and will still play them regardless; more so its the circumstances behind them that I don't like

6 minutes ago, Motendra said:

To clarify this point, in no way am I necessarily against their inclusion and will still play them regardless; more so its the circumstances behind them that I don't like

They're hardly slots; both are likely clones. Minimal development resources went into them.

i agree with the OP wholeheartedly honestly, the cast is poor, its hardly a celebration of FE as much as a milking of the new fanbase for as much as thats worth. But because my opinion is so hated ill just do the best i can to as a fan and avoid the game like a plague, maybe the sales figures will get the message across like it did with TMSxfe hopefully, at least heroes ain't doing too bad, 

37 minutes ago, Kagetura said:

i agree with the OP wholeheartedly honestly, the cast is poor, its hardly a celebration of FE as much as a milking of the new fanbase for as much as thats worth. But because my opinion is so hated ill just do the best i can to as a fan and avoid the game like a plague, maybe the sales figures will get the message across like it did with TMSxfe hopefully, at least heroes ain't doing too bad, 

and then we never get another FE spin off, this game failing will not help the series at all if that's what you are insinuating.

anyways, to contribute to the whole discussion, I have been quite calm after the lyn and celica announcements and finally seeing gameplay of tiki has made me pretty excited, but I think that the biggest problem with the game's cast is that fates was included to begin with, the game has too many characters that you can't ignore adding and that makes any additions that are not plot relevant very unlikely.

14 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

and then we never get another FE spin off, this game failing will not help the series at all if that's what you are insinuating.

anyways, to contribute to the whole discussion, I have been quite calm after the lyn and celica announcements and finally seeing gameplay of tiki has made me pretty excited, but I think that the biggest problem with the game's cast is that fates was included to begin with, the game has too many characters that you can't ignore adding and that makes any additions that are not plot relevant very unlikely.

ya thats a risk ill have to take tho, theres no point in getting a collab if ill never be happy about it, it might as well not exist for me at least, if enough people out there support it then sure it can continue to be made for them, but they dont care about what i want so i dont really care to support something out of baseless hope. chances are if something sells you just sell more of that thing.