• Lyn.
  3. 3. Who do you pair Lyn with?

• Florina.
    • Rath.
    • Kent.
    • Eliwood.
    • Hector.

On 1/16/2018 at 8:17 AM, Garlyle said:

Now I'm both really like Hector and Lilina, and I do find the Hector/Lyn ending great in Blazing Sword, I think Lilina would be a different personality with these parents.

How so? Lilina's never shown to be shy outside of FE7's epilogue. And even there, there's a reasonable explanation behind the shyness, as she's never really met anyone from outside of Castle Ostia until meeting Roy. She's not shy at all in FE6. In fact, I daresay that she's closest to Lyn, personality-wise, as far as FE6 is concerned. With even the most notable of differences being easily chalked up to upbringing.

This is why I feel like Florina is more like a possible parent for Lilina.

Again. How so? Because barring the lack of hints towards Hector/Florina in FE7, how you feel about Hector/Lyn is precisely one of the things I feel about Hector/Florina.

It's hard to find the right pair for Lyn. I don't think there was any hint for her in Binding Blade at all, but correct me if I'm wrong.

There's not. Save for the possibility that she's NOT Roy's mother.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

How so? Lilina's never shown to be shy outside of FE7's epilogue. And even there, there's a reasonable explanation behind the shyness, as she's never really met anyone from outside of Castle Ostia until meeting Roy. She's not shy at all in FE6. In fact, I daresay that she's closest to Lyn, personality-wise, as far as FE6 is concerned. With even the most notable of differences being easily chalked up to upbringing.

Again. How so? Because barring the lack of hints towards Hector/Florina in FE7, how you feel about Hector/Lyn is precisely one of the things I feel about Hector/Florina.

There's not. Save for the possibility that she's NOT Roy's mother.

Ok, I see that you don't support my ideas, but you didn't give a better explanation why Hector/Lyn is more likely to be the true pairing.

Still, I like the Hector/Florina pairing better.

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Ok, I see that you don't support my ideas, but you didn't give a better explanation why Hector/Lyn is more likely to be the true pairing.

I'm just gonna ditto this.

17 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hector and Lyn has own theme, no one else get that. They also get unlockable unique conversation after the A support(only one else with that is Louise and Pent irc).

And add that they get an additional conversation in Hector's Story under the same conditions. And even without supports, they interact with each other (read: when they're not sharing the screen with anyone else) as often as Eliwood does with Ninian.

Also, you didn't answer my questions.

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Still, I like the Hector/Florina pairing better.

Even though it comes from basically nowhere, and the two don't show that they're anything more than casual acquaintances in the main story?

I generally go with Eliwood x Ninian, it's really his best pairing and one of the only unofficially canon canon couples.

For Hector I go with Florina a lot since it's implied, but I've been growing very fond of Hector x Farina. Something about it just seems right, like the lady exclusive to Hector's route is SUPPOSED to be his wife.

For Lyn I generally go with Rath.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

On 1/21/2018 at 11:06 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For Hector I go with Florina a lot since it's implied.

Except where are these so-called "implications"?

But I've been growing very fond of Hector x Farina. Something about it just seems right, like the lady exclusive to Hector's route is SUPPOSED to be his wife.

Support growth and FE7's epilogue says otherwise, though.

4 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Except where are these so-called "implications"?

Support growth and FE7's epilogue says otherwise, though.

I'm not fighting with you about this again. You do this in every pairing thread. Just let people enjoy Hector x Florina and/or Hector x Farina.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm not fighting with you about this again. You do this in every pairing thread. Just let people enjoy Hector x Florina and/or Hector x Farina.

I don't have issues with people enjoying Hector/Florina or Hector/Farina. Only with false information being spread.

Yeah see that's the thing. There is no "false information" being spread, it's just as true as any other potential pairing because NONE are canon as of yet, so going into every single pairing thread and picking fights with that "you're wrong I'm right THIS one is what they meant for canon!" is very, very silly.

Just...stop. You don't have to shove it down everyone else's throats.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah see that's the thing. There is no "false information" being spread.

And stopped right there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it you that said this?

For Hector I go with Florina a lot since it's implied

Note what I bolded. As it suggests that there is an implication towards it happening. Which is in conflict with a statement such as this.

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I am fine with Hector x Florina (I did it once myself), but there are no implications of them being supposed end together, hell even their A support doesn't imply thing...

Which brings me to my question: What proof do you have that shows that Hector/Florina is supposed to happen? There's no reason to get mad and go on tangents when asked this.

26 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

And stopped right there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it you that said this?

Note what I bolded. As it suggests that there is an implication towards it happening. Which is in conflict with a statement such as this.

Maybe you shouldn't have stopped right there. Because what I said as part of the exact same sentence

"it's just as true as any other potential pairing because NONE are canon as of yet"

is fact. As I said, you do this in EVERY pairing thread. Multiple people, including myself, have told you multiple times in multiple threads exactly why they think it's implied. And those implications are just as likely and probable as any for Hector x Lyn. Until IS explicitly announces canon pairings, that's FACT.

32 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Which brings me to my question: What proof do you have that shows that Hector/Florina is supposed to happen? There's no reason to get mad and go on tangents when asked this.

What proof do you have that Hector/Lyn is supposed to happen? Oh, right. None. Because any implication for them is just as likely for any other of their pairings. Because none are canon, so it all has equal weight.

Ah, see, that's another thing. This isn't a mad or angry tangent. You see, as I said, you do this in EVERY pairing thread. If anyone's gone on a tangent, it's you. You're the one who quoted me, and tons of other people, in this thread and many others, ALWAYS with that "you're all wrong MY pairing has more proof!" attitude. ALWAYS trying to shove your own opinion and stomp everyone else down.

If Hector/Lyn is more implied to you, great! If not, great! But don't go on the whole "I'm right you're wrong" shpeel, and don't constantly quote everyone who doesn't agree in every thread and then act like they're the ones going on tangents.

16 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

For one, I'm going to tell you one thing, Eliwood and Ninian are implied canon because of Marcus and Lilina's B Support, Marcus said this "When the two were youths, they were such a happy pair that just looking at them would cheer one up. The people of Pherae were truly happy for them. Lord Eliwood loved his wife deeply. And one night...before the two became engaged, Lord Eliwood suddenly disappeared from the castle. When he returned to his love three days later, he presented her with a beautiful white flower which only grows in the snowy highlands. It was the flower which she loved the most." And if you look at Lyn and Eliwood's ending, the people in Pherae, were not very happy, and didn't want to be ruled by a Sacaen, and in Eliwood and Fiora's ending, the Lycians suspected Fiora was a Mercenary, and the Lycians never knew that Ninian was part Dragon, so they were happy for them, oh and also in Hector's supports however, was debatable, his supports with Lyn had them end up making fun of each other, and near the endgame, they end up getting along, in supports with Florina, in one support, he didn't know that Florina was trying to talk to him, and in another, Florina was giving herself confidence to confess her feelings to Hector, and then suddenly when Hector was having trouble with Florina's Pegasus, she then helped Hector get out of it, and then they get together, I won't use the Novel as Evidence because none of the novels in Gaming is canon, in Farina's supports however, in one, Farina says that she wants more money out of Hector, then in another, Farina refused to rest, when Hector requested that, and then in the last support, Farina pushed herself too hard, and then the 2 got close, and then in their ending, Farina quits her job as a Mercenary, and lives with Hector, none of the supports Lilina had, nor in the main story, had any mentions of Lilina's mother, I'm serious, I don't have any evidence who Lilina's real mother is.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Maybe you shouldn't have stopped right there. Because what I said as part of the exact same sentence

"it's just as true as any other potential pairing because NONE are canon as of yet"

is fact. As I said, you do this in EVERY pairing thread. Multiple people, including myself, have told you multiple times in multiple threads exactly why they think it's implied. And those implications are just as likely and probable as any for Hector x Lyn. Until IS explicitly announces canon pairings, that's FACT.

What proof do you have that Hector/Lyn is supposed to happen? Oh, right. None. Because any implication for them is just as likely for any other of their pairings. Because none are canon, so it all has equal weight.

Ah, see, that's another thing. This isn't a mad or angry tangent. You see, as I said, you do this in EVERY pairing thread. If anyone's gone on a tangent, it's you. You're the one who quoted me, and tons of other people, in this thread and many others, ALWAYS with that "you're all wrong MY pairing has more proof!" attitude. ALWAYS trying to shove your own opinion and stomp everyone else down.

If Hector/Lyn is more implied to you, great! If not, great! But don't go on the whole "I'm right you're wrong" shpeel, and don't constantly quote everyone who doesn't agree in every thread and then act like they're the ones going on tangents.

This is not really subjective. Hector x Lyn is only pairing that get rewarded with unlockable game content. That's no speculation buy fact.

Can you come with something equally tangible?

Edit: Oh I need correct myself there is another pair that got same treatment... Eliwood and Ninian lol (but Respite in Battle is better than Shattered Life anyway)

Edited by Tenzen12

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

This is not really subjective. Hector x Lyn is only pairing that get rewarded with unlockable game content. That's no speculation buy fact.

Can you come with something equally tangible?

Edit: Oh I need correct myself there is another pair that got same treatment... Eliwood and Ninian lol (but Respite in Battle is better than Shattered Life anyway)

...wow. Y'all really think this subjective topic of as of yet NON-CANON pairings is actually not subjective and your opinion is actually fact.

I have no words for this. I'm done.

Yes, no pairing bus canon.Yet some are implied and other not. Hector and Lyn unlocking their very own track in sound room is not subjective. Neither is unique conversation that can be unlocked only by pairing them.

Maybe no pairing is confirmed in the end but tangible indirect proof >> no proof.

And Farina being Hector-mode exclusive, and only being recruitable, and being able to marry Hector, are all tangible indirect proof as well. That is also unlockable game content, an entire character is literally as heavy as one can get with things like that.

"But they still don't get a song!" Yes but honestly, character>song, and the point still stands that without Hector Farina isn't there at all, which is just as much indirect proof of them as anything you get for Hector/Lyn. If an unlockable song is seriously some kind of indirect proof, then so is AN ENTIRE CHARACTER, and to say otherwise would be hypocritical and detrimental to your own argument.

"But Farina can marry other peoeple!" And so can Hector.

"But Serra ships Hector/Lyn!" Sain ships Kent/Lyn.

"But Hector and Lyn have story moments!" Duh, they're two of the three main protagonists. Take out protagonist effect and you know who has just as many story moments with Lyn as Hector? Kent.

Any argument made for Hector/Lyn can also be made for Hector/Farina, Lyn/Kent, or another of their pairings. Every single one has an implication somewhere, and none are more implied than the others. But if you REALLY want to say some are, then by your own arguments and logic, you HAVE to admit that the implications of Hector/Farina are equally as or more implied than Hector/Lyn.

Honestly, the only pairing that really comes out of nowhere is Eliwood/Fiora.

34 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

And Farina being Hector-mode exclusive, and only being recruitable, and being able to marry Hector, are all tangible indirect proof as well. That is also unlockable game content, an entire character is literally as heavy as one can get with things like that.

"But they still don't get a song!" Yes but honestly, character>song, and the point still stands that without Hector Farina isn't there at all, which is just as much indirect proof of them as anything you get for Hector/Lyn. If an unlockable song is seriously some kind of indirect proof, then so is AN ENTIRE CHARACTER, and to say otherwise would be hypocritical and detrimental to your own argument.

"But Hector and Lyn have story moments!" Duh, they're two of the three main protagonists. Take out protagonist effect and you know who has just as many story moments with Lyn as Hector? Kent.

Any argument made for Hector/Lyn can also be made for Hector/Farina, Lyn/Kent, or another of their pairings. Every single one has an implication somewhere, and none are more implied than the others. But if you REALLY want to say some are, then by your own arguments and logic, you HAVE to admit that the implications of Hector/Farina are equally as or more implied than Hector/Lyn.

Yeah yeah, I get it. Eliwood X Fiora wouldn't really make sense, I can state this, in Binding Blade in Marcus and Lilina's B support conversation, it said "When the two were youths, they were such a happy pair that just looking at them would cheer one up. The people of Pherae were truly happy for them. Lord Eliwood loved his wife deeply. And one night...before the two became engaged, Lord Eliwood suddenly disappeared from the castle. When he returned to his love three days later, he presented her with a beautiful white flower which only grows in the snowy highlands. It was the flower which she loved the most." well in Eliwood and Fiora's ending, the Lycians suspected that Fiora was a Mercenary, and in Eliwood and Lyn's ending, the Lycians protested that they don't want to be ruled by a Sacaen, so it is safe to assume that Eliwood X Ninian are canon, plus Lilina's mother was not mentioned in Binding Blade, so there is no proof that Lyn X Hector are canon, Farina and Florina can be possible to be Lilina's possible mothers as well, true Serra ships Lyn with Hector, but Sain ships Kent with Lyn, however the special conversations in the endgame, don't prove that Hector X Lyn are a thing in the Fire Emblem Canon, if any of Hector's possible wives are canon, things for the fans will get even worse.

Without going into much, I'll just mention that, as far as pairing the lords go, I go with EliwoodxNinian, HectorxFlorina, and LynxRath.

1 hour ago, TheXGamer said:

Yeah yeah, I get it. Eliwood X Fiora wouldn't really make sense, I can state this, in Binding Blade in Marcus and Lilina's B support conversation, it said "When the two were youths, they were such a happy pair that just looking at them would cheer one up. The people of Pherae were truly happy for them. Lord Eliwood loved his wife deeply. And one night...before the two became engaged, Lord Eliwood suddenly disappeared from the castle. When he returned to his love three days later, he presented her with a beautiful white flower which only grows in the snowy highlands. It was the flower which she loved the most." well in Eliwood and Fiora's ending, the Lycians suspected that Fiora was a Mercenary, and in Eliwood and Lyn's ending, the Lycians protested that they don't want to be ruled by a Sacaen, so it is safe to assume that Eliwood X Ninian are canon, plus Lilina's mother was not mentioned in Binding Blade, so there is no proof that Lyn X Hector are canon, Farina and Florina can be possible to be Lilina's possible mothers as well, true Serra ships Lyn with Hector, but Sain ships Kent with Lyn, however the special conversations in the endgame, don't prove that Hector X Lyn are a thing in the Fire Emblem Canon, if any of Hector's possible wives are canon, things for the fans will get even worse.

Actually, with Fiora, it's stated that only a few Lycian nobles protested. Since Marcus only speaks of the People of Pherae, then there is a difference. Although, same can't be said of Lyn, since it's mentioned that "All of Lycia was in an uproar", which could include Pherae itself. Not that it matters much, since the flower thing had already ruled Lyn out before she even existed, anyway...

Not that it helps Fiora much considering all the other things Ninian has, but she can at least claim 2nd place.

As a side-note, I'd like to point out it's a bit weird. You'd think that the fully foreign most likely commoner mercenary would have the country protesting, and the one who, while being only half-Lycian, is still of noble blood and heiress to one of the territories, would only have a small group protesting. And yet, it seems they have it backwards.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

She would still be here even if NG+ weren't called Hector mode though  as her archetype appear in every game. Well her being bonus character that doesn't  appear  other modes make Farina actually less likely and no matter who you support her you get same result. Game doesn't try motivate you to pair her with anyone particular either.

Well good job with countering arguments I didn't make though. I could probably elaborate on some of these "counter arguments" but I already said I would stick with factual parts only, something you apparently can't do

5 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

She would still be here even if NG+ weren't called Hector mode though  as her archetype appear in every game. Well her being bonus character that doesn't  appear  other modes make Farina actually less likely and no matter who you support her you get same result. Game doesn't try motivate you to pair her with anyone particular either.

Well good job with countering arguments I didn't make though. I could probably elaborate on some of these "counter arguments" but I already said I would stick with factual parts only, something you apparently can't do

And special songs would still be there too so there goes that point.

You get the same result in EVERY paired ending Hector gets. The characters get married and have Lilina and...that's basically it. The result of Hector/Farina is the same as Hector/Lyn and Hector/Florina. And the result of Farina/Kent or Dart is the same! There's no big difference between pairing her with Hector or Kent, and there's no big difference in pairing him with Farina or Lyn.

Oh boy, guess what?! The game doesn't try to motivate you to pair Hector with anyone particular, either! *GASP!* It's almost as if every pairing is equally implied, OHEMGOODNESS!

Oh please, cut the bull. I stuck to fact way more than you ever did. "Factual parts" that is ridiculously laughable, you strayed from that the MOMENT you insinuated Hector/Lyn is more correct/canon than any of the other pairings. The FACT is, you didn't ask for specific arguments, you asked for equally "tangible" evidence, which I gave. The FACT is, I countered your argument that was entirely dependant on unlocking in-game content with the exact same in-game content argument. Whether you like it or not, it is FACT that Farina is the biggest piece of in-game content only Hector himself can unlock, and that puts her on equal footing with your precious song in the soundroom.

But I guess I'm wasting my breath. Why argue with people who literally think their non-canon pairings are canon? "You don't stick to fact!" HA! Get outta here with that shit. 

Being denial doesn't make it true Respite in battle is unlocked only if pair Hector and Lyn. That it unlock unique conversation is also fact. Saying game doesn't reward that pairing is simply false. In other hand you get nothing from Hector x Farina or Hector x Florina.

You came with nothing so far.  Only speculations and fallacies.  What's more it's speculations and fallacies not even related to what I asked you to present.

Uh-huh, cool beans, enjoy your denial. You salty tears of defeat are fucking DELICIOUS. "Came with nothing" oh please, you get more ridiculous with every word you say. But I guess that should be expected, you do think your non-canon pairings are canon after all.

Sorry if any of this sounds rude, but when you're rude first ("you apparently can't stick to fact"), and when you wave off the very arguments you ask for with that same old "I'm better than you my pairing is more canon rah rah" attitude...that's what you're gonna get.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:50 PM, Just call me AL said:

Also, you didn't answer my questions.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:28 PM, Just call me AL said:

Lilina is a good-hearted, kind person in FE6, which would also fit for Florina. As a character, she is trying to be strong like his father as well, but she's still a child (like Hector said). In FE7 ending, Eliwood said that it's a good thing she took after her mother, which Hector thought as looks, but it feels more like Eliwood talks about her personality. She was shy at the time, fitting for Florina as mother, for me the other mother candidates are more confident characters; I just didn't met my Lyn or Farina in Lilina as much as Florina. I could keep making more connecting points, but I feel like they're easy deny them.