• Lyn.
  3. 3. Who do you pair Lyn with?

• Florina.
    • Rath.
    • Kent.
    • Eliwood.
    • Hector.

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Being denial doesn't make it true Respite in battle is unlocked only if pair Hector and Lyn. That it unlock unique conversation is also fact. Saying game doesn't reward that pairing is simply false. In other hand you get nothing from Hector x Farina or Hector x Florina.

You came with nothing so far.  Only speculations and fallacies.  What's more it's speculations and fallacies not even related to what I asked you to present.

That is not evidence that Lyn X Hector is canon, you know you are just assuming that Hector X Lyn is canon, and to be honest in order for a pairing in Blazing Sword to be canon, evidence needs to be in Binding Blade, not the novels, or Blazing Sword, unfortunately, Lilina's mother was never mentioned in Binding Blade.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

I know this will sound boring, but Eliwood x Ninian and Hector x Lyn. Ninian makes the most sense as Eliwood's wife, and I also really do like their interactions with each other through out the story. As for Hector x Lyn, I'm pretty much a fan boy for the ship. Probably my favorite pairing in FE honestly.

same here, Eliwood x Ninian and Hector x Lyn. usually i like to keep my pairings as close to canon as possible, unless i'm not really fond of certain characters.

the only alternative to Hector i can accept would be eventually Rath x Lyn, since both of them come from the plain tribes and they would still be related in some way story-wise.

Eliwood is the easiest to pair. The game makes it very clear that it wants Eliwood and Ninian to end up together. It seems fairly fitting for both characters too and would explain why Ninian is absent in FE6. The only downside is that you got to torture Nils a bit.

I don't really pair Hector with anyone. I think none of the ladies are a very good fit for him. Hector x Lyn is popular enough but I don't think the pairing makes a lot of sense as their wishes aren't compatible with each other. Lyn wants to return to Sacea but Hector wouldn't abandon Ostia, and we know for a fact he's still leading Ostia decades later. There's also nothing about Lilina that implies she has a strong mother figure in her life which counts as a strike against Lyn but also Farina. So I guess Florina if only because she doesn't make as little sense as the other two.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Hector x Lyn is popular enough but I don't think the pairing makes a lot of sense as their wishes aren't compatible with each other.

I see this argument a lot. But I don't understand where it comes from. Especially since there's zero indication that this is true.

Lyn wants to return to Sacea

Which never comes up when she has an A Support with a lord. In fact, with Eliwood, she's praising him. And with Hector, she's getting confessed to.

Not to mention, regardless of who Lyn has an A Support with, in Hector's Story, she always ends up worrying about Hector after hearing about what happened to Uther. That particular instance never goes anywhere unless she has an A Support with Hector.

but Hector wouldn't abandon Ostia, and we know for a fact he's still leading Ostia decades later.

Only because Uther died. Otherwise, he'd be free to go with whomever he married if that was his desire.

There's also nothing about Lilina that implies she has a strong mother figure in her life which counts as a strike against Lyn but also Farina. 

Five words: I am a warrior's daughter.

Plus, at least IMO, she sounds very much like Lyn in some of her Supports.

So I guess Florina if only because she doesn't make as little sense as the other two.

Except the opposite of what you said about Lilina applies here. There's nothing about Lilina that implies that she has a weak mother figure. And given how there's nothing about her "relationship" with Hector that implies romance, I would say that Hector ending up with Florina is just as nonsensical as him ending up with Farina.

I pair Eliwood with Ninian because having a dragon roy sounds cool and ironic.

I pair Lyn with Rath because she really doesn't belong as a ruler or in the Elibean nobility

I pair Hector with Florina because of the light affinity between her and Lilina.

13 minutes ago, Critical Sniper said:

I pair Lyn with Rath because she really doesn't belong as a ruler or in the Elibean nobility

How so? Especially when considering the parallels with her mother that come up from remaining within the Elibean nobility?

Edited by Just call me AL

45 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Am I the only one here who doesn't give a shit about Rath x Lyn or just Rath himself? Like, I understand why people like Rath and ship him with Lyn but...he just bores me honestly.

You're not alone in this. It's a very overrated ship. And I personally can't see how it can be viewed as canon, especially when it's nowhere near hinted at.

3 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

You're not alone in this. It's a very overrated ship. And I personally can't see how it can be viewed as canon, especially when it's nowhere near hinted at.

Yeah. I also just adore Hector x Lyn too much to really separate them from each other, so that may be another reason why

Hi. I am another boring person who ships Ninian with Eliwood and Hector with Lyn.

Ninian x Eliwood is just my favorite of the implied canon Lord ships throughout the series. The way it integrates the story into the support, and the tragedy of the scene after Eliwood gets Durandal puts it over the top. It feels genuine and impactful, and the brief happiness of the ending makes me so happy despite the fact that we know it doesn't last considering Binding Blade.

Lyn x Hector is a bit harder to explain, just due to the fact that I usually don't like ships with where they argue a lot before they hook up. Part of it is that of all of Hector's ships, it had the most romantic feeling support conversation. It also helps that they have the scene on the boat together. I also kind of like that in this ending Lyn actually doesn't go back to Sacae. I get that her going back to the plains after Hausen's death makes a lot of sense, but personally I dislike the idea of her just passing it off to Hector. To me I think it joining Ostian protection as part of their marriage paints it in a better light. That and having two unconventional nobles learning together is kind of cute. Overall, Hector x Lyn just became my Fire Emblem OTP out of nowhere and I've actually paired all my Hectors in Heroes with different versions of Lyn. Oops.

Personally I don't care which pairings are canon. It helps Ninian x Eliwood a lot, but that's because it is woven into the story well. There are plenty of pairings that are canon in FE that I don't like just out of personal preference. So while canon couples sometimes feel better just because they seem so natural, I don't think for me that the canon pairings are automatically the best. So I'll probably prefer Hector x Lyn to their other options even if it never gets canonized or other pairings like Florina x Hector and Rath x Lyn would.

4 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

How so? Especially when considering the parallels with her mother that come up from remaining within the Elibean nobility?

Lyn herself says she isn't suited for Elibean courts and nobility, if she stays it's because of who she is staying with not because she would like to stay in Elibe.

47 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

"nowhere near hinted at" is incorrect, in Eliwood's supports with Lyn, Lyn states how she isn't fit for the courts of Elibe and all that and even her ending where despite having a position of power she leaves it behind to go to the plains where she feels she belongs to, on top of that, Rath is a nomad living on the plains and all of the other tribespeople Lyn met are dead so Rath is the only person she would ever meet with frequently on the plains and marry.

Edited by Critical Sniper

11 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Lyn herself says she isn't suited for Elibean courts and nobility, if she stays it's because of who she is staying with not because she would like to stay in Elibe.

She's not the only one who "isn't suited for Elibean courts and nobility". And you're forgetting the possibility that she would decide to stay because of someone she not only loves but is also who she feels needs her help; a reason greatly hinted at in Lyn's conversation with Eliwood during the final chapter of Hector's Story, given what it leads up to and allows it to conclude. Said reason is also pretty much spelled out by Hector's paired endings, which one of Lyn's interactions with Hector ties into.

"nowhere near hinted at" is incorrect, in Eliwood's supports with Lyn, Lyn states how she isn't fit for the courts of Elibe and all that

Which has absolutely nothing to do with any chances of her ending up with Rath.

and even her ending where despite having a position of power she leaves it behind to go to the plains where she feels she belongs to, 

Only if she doesn't have an A Support with a lord. By that logic, you might as well argue that Ninian feels like she belongs with Nils because that's what happens if she doesn't have an A Support with Eliwood. Plus, one can argue that Lyn's solo ending doesn't really make sense from an archetypical standpoint, or even from a character standpoint. It's one of the few endings where she doesn't really fulfill the lord archetype, making her something of an odd duck in comparison to other lords in the series, including her co-stars. And her solo ending arguably makes her look selfish; something that she's never shown to be at any point in the game. Same can be said for every other ending that doesn't involve her ending up with Hector.

on top of that, Rath is a nomad living on the plains and all of the other tribespeople Lyn met are dead so Rath is the only person she would ever meet with frequently on the plains and marry.

Name one scene where Lyn and Rath show any sort of romantic interest in one another. And no, the scene where they first meet doesn't count. As Rath literally states that he saved Lyn simply because he thought she was Sacaean. As for their Supports, as well as Rath's re-recruitment conversation, they seem more like good friends than anything. Which can also be said for a whole slew of FE7's ("romantic") Supports. So saying that they would marry is a bit of a stretch.

@Just call me AL Okay, jeez, we get it. We all know how much you adore Lyn and Hector and pretty much hate any other possible pairings they may have and will go to any lengths to defend them. But must you really respond to everyone who mentions anything contrary to your beloved OTP? Some of them don't even seem that invested in the pairings anyways. What's the point in arguing every single damn time they're brought up in a way you don't agree with? This is getting so old now. I may dislike Eliwood and Ninian together, but I'm not going to beat everyone with a stick and go over every subjective detail on why I don't like them as an item. Just let others voice their opinions in peace instead of antagonizing them.

20 minutes ago, Silverly said:

@Just call me AL Okay, jeez, we get it. We all know how much you adore Lyn and Hector and pretty much hate any other possible pairings they may have and will go to any lengths to defend them. But must you really respond to everyone who mentions anything contrary to your beloved OTP? Some of them don't even seem that invested in the pairings anyways. What's the point in arguing every single damn time they're brought up in a way you don't agree with? This is getting so old now. I may dislike Eliwood and Ninian together, but I'm not going to beat everyone with a stick and go over every subjective detail on why I don't like them as an item. Just let others voice their opinions in peace instead of antagonizing them.

I'm just trying to be objective and help prevent the spread of misinformation here. I honestly have no problem with other people liking pairs that I don't like. But I will call out a fallacy or a contradiction when I see one.

33 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

I'm just trying to be objective and help prevent the spread of misinformation here. I honestly have no problem with other people liking pairs that I don't like. But I will call out a fallacy or a contradiction when I see one.

And I yet have to state a fallacy or a contradiction or any lies.

I told you already, throughout supports and the story itself, Lyn states she doesn't feel at place in Elibe. To her, Sacae is her home despite her Elibean nobility blood. The only reason she stays in Elibe with an Eliwood or Hector ending is because she loves them, not because she wants to be in Elibe or feels at place there. 

How is that fake news? How is that a contradiction or a fallacy? 

You also mentioned how she isn't the only noble to feel like they don't belong in the Elibean courts, those obviously being Hector, Pent and Louise; although I don't know how that statement debunks anything I have said.

But I'm done here, don't even bother replying, I won't answer.

EDIT: And to debunk your "According to you Ninian should be with Nils because that's where she goes too with no A support with Eliwood", It's hinted storywise that Ninian and Eliwood like each other, it's never hinted at the Hector x Lyn thing. EVER.

Edited by Critical Sniper

46 minutes ago, Critical Sniper said:

I told you already, throughout supports and the story itself, Lyn states she doesn't feel at place in Elibe. To her, Sacae is her home despite her Elibean nobility blood. The only reason she stays in Elibe with an Eliwood or Hector ending is because she loves them, not because she wants to be in Elibe or feels at place there. 

On the other hand, loving someone can very much make a person want to be someplace and feel at place in said place. And like I said, with an A Support with a lord, no indication of wanting to go back to Sacae even comes up in the story. Making said desire entirely support-dependent, and not a fixed part of her character.

How is that fake news? How is that a contradiction or a fallacy?

Because the fact that Lyn chooses to remain in Lycia when married to a lord shows that Lyn values family  and love over where she lives.

You also mentioned how she isn't the only noble to feel like they don't belong in the Elibean courts, those obviously being Hector, Pent and Louise; although I don't know how that statement debunks anything I have said.

Because they obviously don't let the fact that they have duties to fulfill in the courts to get in the way with who they are. And in Hector's particular case, it's very safe to say that he would abdicate his own rights to Ostia's throne if he could help it. And don't you think it's unfair to give Lyn special treatment in regards to this, but ignore pretty much everyone else that has a similar situation?

But I'm done here, don't even bother replying, I won't answer.

Why?

EDIT: And to debunk your "According to you Ninian should be with Nils because that's where she goes too with no A support with Eliwood", It's hinted storywise that Ninian and Eliwood like each other, it's never hinted at the Hector x Lyn thing. EVER.

Yeah... About that... There's the fact that Hector and Lyn have tons of interaction throughout the story. Among which is how Lyn reacts with confusion when Hector shields her from Limstella's display of power in the Water Temple. And how Hector outright confesses his love to Lyn. And there's even other characters who want Hector and Lyn to end up together. And the aforementioned conversation between Lyn and Eliwood during the Hector's Story final chapter does show that Lyn cares deeply enough about Hector, that one would have to wonder why it never goes anywhere unless if Hector and Lyn have an A Support.

23 hours ago, Silverly said:

It's no use. They do this EVERY SINGLE TIME, and they'll never stop; it's honestly borderline online harrassment with how much they antagonize literally EVERYONE who doesn't ship Lyn and Hector. At least we have solace in knowing that the only misinformation being spread is from AL themselves, no matter how much they claim to be trying to stop that spread.

And when I say they spread misinformation, I mean all the crap about how only one could be canon, only one is ever hinted at, etc.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

For me:

Eliwood x Ninian

Hector x Florina

Lyn x Rath

They are the relationships in the novel and I also prefer EM to HM so I don't normally recruit Farina anyways.

Though I also like pairing the three peg knights with the three lords the occasional times I do play HM.

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's no use. They do this EVERY SINGLE TIME, and they'll never stop; it's honestly borderline online harrassment with how much they antagonize literally EVERYONE who doesn't ship Lyn and Hector.

This is very uncalled for and untrue. At no point have I ever "antagonized" anyone, especially not for simply saying that they like the pairs they like. I only ask simple questions behind the reasoning, and try to correct when something about the reasoning is objectively wrong.

And by the way, I'm a guy. So don't refer to me as "they".

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

At least we have solace in knowing that the only misinformation being spread is from AL themselves, no matter how much they claim to be trying to stop that spread.

How am I "spreading misinformation" when what I'm saying is easily verifiable? And I believe I already said that I'm not antagonizing anyone. I'm sorry if I come across like that, but that's just how I am; blunt. And I'm pretty sure that saying stuff like "Lyn's too attached to the plains to want to remain in Lycia" or "Lyn and Hector are incompatible" would count as misinformation.