Should I continue my iron man run after being game over'd?

Synjid

What to do after an ironman game over?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should I delete my save?

• Ironman is ironman, you gotta delete
    • You don't have to restart from the beginning, you can have another chance
    • I don't really care

So... Ephraim died of overexposition on ch 15, from an unlucky javelin (he had around 15~20% chance of death on the whole turn). Well, bad RNG is no excuse, and moments like this happen in every run I guess. But what should I do with my save now?

When starting my run, I planned to do no resets at all (which I didnt do), and to delete my save should a game over occur. Now the thing is... I really dont wanna delete my save and start all over.

On the one hand, the point of my run was to do something a little more realistic and dramatic than your everyday "reset-whenever-someone-dies" run, and to spare myself the task of restarting some maps because of silly mistakes.

On the other, resetting from the beginning would be exactly that : doing the same maps all over again, just because of one blunder (and bad luck) . To be honest, I'd keep playing without Ephraim if I could, but you gotta respect plot armor, amirite?

So there it is. What would you do in my situation? What do you guys think I should do? Its my first time getting a game over in ironman, so i'd be interested to know what's your opinion on this.

EDIT : after careful consideration, I decided to delete my save and restart completely. I didnt want to restart ch 15 just to bench Ephraim.After all, its only 14 chapters to redo, and it fits better the spirit of ironman imo ; thats what "game over" means originally, right?

Edited by Synjid

15 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Finish the playthrough, but dont use Ephraim at all except to seize

That's a nice idea. He would still take a mandatory slot in my army though. Besides, can't Eirika seize instead of him?

31 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Finish the playthrough, but dont use Ephraim at all except to seize

She's right, just focus on your other units and leave Ephraim behind, it's pretty simple.

Obs: Naoto is best girl ;)

I'm on Eirika's route, so I should be fine anyway

Besides, I think the story could even still make sense if we imagine that Eirika took her brother's bracelet after he died. I don't remember Ephraim himself being absolutely necessary to the story apart for inheriting the throne... But well, it's my first time doing Eirika's route, so I might be wrong