FE16 "leaks"

As of today these very dubious FE16 leaks have been making the rounds through Instagram.

IMG_0192.thumb.PNG.8f0e292dcd39e467726419f9250ee06e.PNG

If this were proven true I'd certainly be up for it, though I have to wonder how the day/night cycle and villainous Avatar would work.

What are your thoughts on this? Is there anything in this that seems particularly interesting?

Edited by Cowboy Karimov

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this doesn't sound particularly believable

i'd be cool with a villain avatar but that really doesn't sound like something they'd do

Edited by unique

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Considering what happened with Conquest Corrin, IS is too averse to making the player the bad guy for this to be true.

So basically, calling it fake.

Hi Glac.

Was the Japanese reception of Corrin similar to how it is here? What they thought can really change the whole equation, since anecdotally I've heard of Japanese game devs not being responsive at all to overseas markets.

As much as I doubt this heavily, goth themes and vampires sounds pretty cool.  As long as it isn't dumbed down mainstream goths and vampires.  I have no desire to play Twilight: the Strategy Game.  I'd much rather get Castlevania meets Fire Emblem.

4 minutes ago, unique said:

this doesn't sound particularly believable

i'd be cool with a villain avatar but that really doesn't sound like something they'd do

Yeah, that's really the only implausible thing here, everything else is a safe assumption. Well, that and the gothic theme that features Vampires. 

Vampire and demon hunting could open up some neat mechanics though. Covering your blades and arrows in salt or garlic. A new class that uses whips. Holy water? But soon enough you'd have me turn Fire Emblem into a Castlevania tactics game.

Just now, Cowboy Karimov said:

Hi Glac.

Was the Japanese reception of Corrin similar to how it is here? What they thought can really change the whole equation, since anecdotally I've heard of Japanese game devs not being responsive at all to overseas markets.

Dunno, though my point more or less is that they tried to make a "villain" avatar with CQ Corrin because Hoshido has to be the good guy, but they didn't go all the way because Corrin also had to be the good guy.

That's more or less my main concern here, I'm worried that a villain avatar would be another CQ Corrin, who tries to be both the good guy and the bad guy and it just doesn't work.

If that makes sense.

Also yo.

This sounds a whole lot like a throwback to the Pokemon Birthright and Pokemon Conquest jokes that happened with Sun and Moon.

I don't find this believable. Mainly because gothic horror stuff would likely not get released out here without an M rating put on the cover. That's just how the US is, at least.

Overall though, it sounds a bit interesting.

Wait, now we have vampires? Damn. This day/night cycle thing sounds interesting though. 

I find it hard to swallow that the avatar plays a villainous role. Awakening had Robin turn into the bad guy in the original timeline, but the new timeline he remained good all the way. Fates lacked a sense of morality, as for all intents and purposes, Hoshido was good and Nohr was evil. Conquest gives Corrin a sort of villainous role, as he's serving under the country that's in the wrong, but all of Corrin's actions are pardoned and he's forgiven with no backlash really. 

So even here, it's hard to accept there being a villainous role since it's likely that he'd turn into a hero in the end by saving the continent/world. 

Some of it seems reasonably believable (the title, day/night cycle), some not believable (magic triangle, non-protagonist avatar), and some...dubious (the rest of it). Most likely fake.

I could see the whole "villainous avatar" being the way it's marketed, but having it end up more like Conquest Corrin.

Team HOPEFUL. (Even though I highly doubt this is real.) I'd KILL for gothic horror and FE. Even if it's kind of toned down. It'd be a nice change of pace from the more cutesy designs. Well and the thing about gothic designs is that you can find a good balance for cutesy AND edgy. Vampires make the child in me squeal. But maybe calling it New Moon isn't a good idea. Most of all, I like the idea of playing a villainous Avatar. I'd hope for more villainy and less, "I made one iffy choice that kind of makes me seem evil."

I guess I'm only disappointed that we'd probably get another sword lord. Just once, I'd really like IS to step out of the box and be creative. Bow Mage Plz.

Probably fake. But I'll be happy if it isn't.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Team HOPEFUL. (Even though I highly doubt this is real.) I'd KILL for gothic horror and FE. Even if it's kind of toned down. It'd be a nice change of pace from the more cutesy designs. Well and the thing about gothic designs is that you can find a good balance for cutesy AND edgy. Vampires make the child in me squeal. But maybe calling it New Moon isn't a good idea. Most of all, I like the idea of playing a villainous Avatar. I'd hope for more villainy and less, "I made one iffy choice that kind of makes me seem evil."

I guess I'm only disappointed that we'd probably get another sword lord. Just once, I'd really like IS to step out of the box and be creative. Bow Mage Plz.

Probably fake. But I'll be happy if it isn't.

Every game will ALWAYS have a lord that has a sword. Blazing Sword might have had axe wielding Hector, but there were two other lords that were sword users. And Hector promotes into a sword user as well. Ephraim might have been a lancer, but Eirika was also a sword user. So all in all, we can have another character that is different weapon user, but I highly doubt there will ever come a time when there isn't a sword user lord in a game. 

4 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Definitely fake, though yes, it sounds really cool. I'd like to see Gothic themes, vampires, and an evil avatar in Fire Emblem... if it is executed well, of course.

And as we well know, good execution of mechanics in Fire Emblem can be something of a toss-up. By the way, I second his verdict.

I'm doubtful. Could be true, but all we really have to go on is the claim.

As for the details of the leak, I don't mind the pitch. The only part that strikes me as really unlikely is having a villainous Avatar. FE avatars are written to have enough character to be there, but not so much as the player cannot imprint themselves onto them (I don't think it works out well, but that's not important). Having a Villain avatar doesn't seem like something that would be easy to create that strikes the balance I mentioned.

Whew! Haven't logged into this site in a while, but this leak made me really want to again.

I kind of hope this is true as long as its executed well...Although that's a bit unlikely. Still, doesn't hurt to dream. 

Edited by Aura Of Twilight

This leak seems really dubious. The whole 'Gothic Horror' thing doesn't really mesh well with FE's typical genre of story-telling and I'm skeptical of the idea of a somewhat 'villainous' avatar.

If it's true though; IntSys, I forgive you for not putting Azura in the base game of Warriors. Take ALL of my fucking money!

Edited by Magus of Flowers

HOPE WILL NEVER DIE. I'd welcome anything new specially gothic (gargoyles yay) and vampiric stuff. What if we get to fight angels and demons like Bayonetta!

If this is true I'll be hyped as hell! Totally seeing female villains like witches or succubus with curves, long legs and big boobs, and dudes being all buffed. 

I mean Fates had something resembling the day and night cycle (but never effected going through story chapters and paralogues) and having it effect over-world encounters sounds awful. Other than that, this sounds super generic. Vampires have been so done to death elsewhere that having more off it doesn't excite me in the slightest.

I just figured out why everybody's bringing up Twilight and saying "Team Fake" or "Team ______" in response to this leak - New Moon was the subtitle of one of those movies. But come on, it's ten years later, and the Legend of Zelda survived having a game with "Twilight" in the subtitle, so this game would too.

Also, a protagonist named Alan has some dark implications.