FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let me get out how I feel towards the extended information:

"(I've even seen some people on serenesforest.net call it FE Twilight, heh.)"  Is the leaker reading this thread?

"Intelligent Systems is taking this path as a bit of an experiment to see how both groups of fans will react, they have no idea how it will turn out, however, that's up to you guys." IS isn't really known for taking risks that often, especially nowadays.

"Now, some plot info: the Avatar's name has been drafted up as "ドラキュル" (Dracul) which of course is a reference to the most famous vampire in literature." This has some scary implications, Dracul is Romanian for dragon, as for the Avatar being an illegitimate child... PLEASE DON'T BE CORRIN 2.0.

"players can choose the weapon type when starting out and will get a special unique weapon with a bonus against human units, they get a second proficiency for when they promote" Well this eases the blow a bit for the Sword monopoly the lords have.

"(S)he is a Camus-like anti-hero and the bastard prince(ss) to one of several kingdoms of vampires called the キバイレ (Kibaire) who are at war with the human kingdoms."  Camus doesn't really feel like an anti-hero, but that's just me. I've already addressed the bastard child thing, but it also kinda gives off an FE4 feel, which is fine by me. The Kibaire? It seems to be a portmanteau of vampire and "Kiba" meaning fang, but the Kibaires are spelt in katakana, whereas kiba is spelt in kanji (牙).

"アラン (Alain) is a holy knight and the second protagonist of FE New Moon. His class is ナイトエラント (Knight Errant) a mounted class that uses a sword (although I hear he gains the ability to use lances at promotion)." Wait, Knight Errant? This could have been stolen from TLP, but IS might not know about it, so it seems plausible, also, yay a lord mounted from the get-go. (EDIT: I forgot about Sigurd, but he's a pre-promote, so I'll let that slide.)

"Alain is tasked with uniting the human lands and gathering an army against the Kibaire kingdoms." why just some random knight? Why not a the best they have instead of some blue-haired Level 1? (Unless everyone else is like a stormtrooper in comparison, which I hope they don't do).

"Both sides are also looking for the life-blood of the Kibaire race: the Fire Emblem: an ancient... sundial? (that's the best way it could have been put, apparently that gathers the mystical energies of the sun and the moon that could empower or destroy the Kibaires.)" I've got nothing on this.

"but classes like the Hunter, Monk and Bard classes make a return." yay the bard is back.

"the Witch and the Summoner have been re-purposed," Cool, I guess that makes sense.

"but there are some new ones like the サキュバス (Succubus), a dancer-like class," *screams internally* NO NO NO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO I DON'T WANT ANOTHER THOT (also, if this is in the same game as a bard, does that mean it's one or the other? Or maybe 2 different parties? It's a thought.)

"the 邪鬼 (Imp) which functions like a thief," A monster thief? That's interesting.

"the インパラー (Impaler) a lance-using class," this is cool and all, but why is this the only class to use regular weapons so far other than the Vassal which can supposedly use anything?

"and my personal favorite: the 月桂冠 (Moonshifter), which has 3 "tribes": 狼 (Wolf), 蝙蝠 (Bat) and 竜 (Dragon), all of which being kinda like the Laguz," This is where it falls apart, first of all, the Moonshifter kanji means "Laurel Wreath" (what the F*ck?) so this might end up being fake, secondly, this feels like a nostalgia pander to the veterans and people who like the Tellius games, don't get me wrong, I like the Laguz and all, but this part just feels incredibly fake.

"Skills also make a return in this game, although for some reason, Sol & Luna have swapped effects. Your guess is as good as mine." I get the effects being swapped makes sense on a story standpoint, but that's about it, why would they swap effects just so this one story can have more importance? It just doesn't make sense.

"So, does this new info make the news credible in your eyes? Please let me know." It really doesn't, buddy.

Right now, I'm doubtful this game is going to happen, but I've seen a guy on 4Chan give out more blasphemous things about Pokemon Sun & Moon and they were true. If this game were to happen, it would be very interesting and I hope it sells well. So those are my thoughts on the matter. Any Questions?

Edited by Hawkatana
I dun fucked up

Like a lot of others here, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. I don't think this "addition" of the leak is that outlandish. I'm willing to give it a chance, although the succubus thing makes me kinda cringe. Not sure if I'll be laughing my ass off if it somehow happens or not. 

If this is true I pray to Naga that we get two routes a la Echoes and not two separate games again.

And whether this is real or not, it's much more interesting a premise than a typical FE and I'll definitely be a little upset if it's proven fake. The succubus thing is...upsetting. Expected, but upsetting.

Edited by DefyingFates

Just now, DefyingFates said:

If this is true I pray to Naga that we get two routes a la Echoes and not two separate games again.

Same, I don't think IS is stupid enough to make the same mistake again, though.

2 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

Same, I don't think IS is stupid enough to make the same mistake again, though.

Was there a lot of backlash for that? If so, I hope they rethink their DLC strategies as well. (I'd also like them to stop locking content behind amiibo, but Nintendo loves doing that right now so I doubt they will :/)

Edited by DefyingFates

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wouldn't a scythe be an axe?

Hmmm maybe. The size of a scythe is weird. It would have its own animation in-game. But if it's goes into Heroes, I would have no idea where it would be placed.

11 hours ago, Yexin said:
  Hide contents

2) if succubus are actually a thing, i'm 100% i won't get the game: also, why should they be dancers?

he also says that "Hunter, Monk and Bard classes make a return": now, there's never been a fe game where you could've used 2 refreshers at the same time

unless the bard class this guy is talking about is more like the FE4 version, it doesn't make sense to have two different refreshers with different class names (in FE6 you can't have lalum and elphin at the same time)

A succubus as a dancer makes sense really. A succubus is supposed to be alluring and motivating people to do what they wouldn't normally do, so having people fight on would make sense. My only problem is that they'll make her Tharja 3.0, which is what I'll have a problem with. I'd rather her be a female version of Inigo, tbh.

Now in regards to the bard:

1)you'll have to pick between which to accompany you in battle.

2)They're on different paths. The succubus would obviously be with the Kibaires (unless they decide to put her with the Holy Knights... It'd be interesting for a character development standpoint if she gets kidnapped, but her frivolous ways change when she meets Alain...) and the Bard with the human kingdoms.

3)Special rules- maybe the succubus can only dance for male characters (with the bard being the exception), meanwhile the bard's music only works exclusively on a certain type of race (human/moonshifter).

4)Or it can be like TRS where the bard randomly sings which refreshes people.

5)It's like FE4, where it's a magic class, not a refreshing class.

5 hours ago, Utzu said:

Vampire to me is more blood(dark) magic, especially nosferatu

True, would be nice to have a magic lord. But it could just be an enemy type to use dark magic. Who knows.

EDIT: They also said they saw this thread, so if you're lurking now HELLO!

Edited by Dandy Druid

I just realised, we should probably talk a bit about this game's Fire Emblem. A sundial? That's a pretty interesting concept. But... Why?

7 minutes ago, GreenDragon17 said:

So why are people cringing at the succubus again? At least give good reasons as to why. The sundial probably has something to do with the day and night cycle of the game so it would make sense.

It's because a succubus character will probably be like Tharja or Camilla. i.e.: the obvious fanservice character who only has 2 defining traits: her gazongas.

Just now, Hawkatana said:

It's because a succubus character will probably be like Tharja or Camilla. i.e.: the obvious fanservice character who only has 2 defining traits: her gazongas.

I never had problems with this to be honest. It would be nice to have a sexy character who isn't just obsessed with your character. 

Just now, Hawkatana said:

I am pretty sure the very fact that she's a succubus would mean that she would have to have the fanservice look, since that's generally how succubus choose to look, as they're supposed to seduce men. So really, Camilla and Tharja genuinely have nothing to do with the fact that it would be fanservice. 

1 minute ago, GreenDragon17 said:

I never had problems with this to be honest. It would be nice to have a sexy character who isn't just obsessed with your character. 

That's true. But even Tharja and Camilla held some depth in character, but it just got a little muddled because of how they handled some things. Faye was worse off, lacking any kind of depth to really like her, and she still had that obsession, and not even a busty body to give her some consolation. But nope, she just sucks.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I am pretty sure the very fact that she's a succubus would mean that she would have to have the fanservice look, since that's generally how succubus choose to look, as they're supposed to seduce men. So really, Camilla and Tharja genuinely have nothing to do with the fact that it would be fanservice. 

That's true. But even Tharja and Camilla held some depth in character, but it just got a little muddled because of how they handled some things. Faye was worse off, lacking any kind of depth to really like her, and she still had that obsession, and not even a busty body to give her some consolation. But nope, she just sucks.

Camilla was a bit better than Tharja, infact I've seen some supports that give Camilla more depth than anything. I can see why people make sexy characters, it brings in customers just like the marriage and kids bought in those kinds of customers too.

1 minute ago, goodperson707 said:

I thought it was the whole sex demon (Or whatever) thing. I don't necessarily think that has to be the case but I think that's pretty understandable to cringe at. 

I guess I'm just desensitized to a lot of things, as well as I don't use the word cringe since it pretty much has lost it's meaning in this day and age.

Just now, GreenDragon17 said:

Camilla was a bit better than Tharja, infact I've seen some supports that give Camilla more depth than anything. I can see why people make sexy characters, it brings in customers just like the marriage and kids bought in those kinds of customers too.

Yeah, there was even a Support Science video done about her, which did show us her issues. Though while I understand, Camilla does still have issues in the end, but it isn't like she'll just get better. It's realistic that support conversations cannot fix that. What she would need is years of therapy. And it isn't like Tharja is terrible. We see how she shows some character and how she's nicer, but just chooses to let people think badly on her. Though I do wish Tharja had been given some more background.

I guess I'm just desensitized to a lot of things, as well as I don't use the word cringe since it pretty much has lost it's meaning in this day and age.

Unless it's SAO. I cringe at that every time. 

Back on topic though. I really like the concept of the main character being a villain, I just hope they don't make it really corny like some games do. Like I said they should play it off like the early scenes of Persona 5. I had thought that the main character was actually evil in that game.

I do hope they bring back the dingeon crawling from echoes, it made the game a lot more fresh. Marriage and children units are okay with me as long as they give them more character. 

So I take it the day and night cycles would be like what we saw in fates but would be more important to the gameplay? Especially if the main character is a vampire.

Also I noticed you guys were talking about how the game could have two paths, but why give us an avatar then have us control Alain? Wouldn't it be better to make an avatar for his army as well then?

I do hope they bring back the dingeon crawling from echoes, it made the game a lot more fresh. Marriage and children units are okay with me as long as they give them more character. 

No no, please no. The last thing we need is another hyperbolic time chamber baby. If it exists, it at the very least needs to make sense like Awakening did, with the kids being time travelers.

No no, please no. The last thing we need is another hyperbolic time chamber baby. If it exists, it at the very least needs to make sense like Awakening did, with the kids being time travelers.

That's what I meant but give them more character. Wouldn't you guys love to see another game like genealogy? Were the kids make a lot more sense?

I'm just saying this game has the potential to be one of the best fe games and that marriage and children arent bad systems as long as they just flesh out the characters. If they get better writers this could be an amazing rpg.

That's what I meant but give them more character. Wouldn't you guys love to see another game like genealogy? Were the kids make a lot more sense?

I'm just saying this game has the potential to be one of the best fe games and that marriage and children arent bad systems as long as they just flesh out the characters. If they get better writers this could be an amazing rpg.

Oh, okay. Yeah. Genealogy makes sense since you get rid of old characters for new ones. Awakening at least made sense in how both 1st and 2nd Gen were able to come together. 

Fates also had that potential. Sadly it was lost. 

Oh, okay. Yeah. Genealogy makes sense since you get rid of old characters for new ones. Awakening at least made sense in how both 1st and 2nd Gen were able to come together. 

Fates also had that potential. Sadly it was lost. 

I'm just saying let fates be fates and lets have hope for the new game. I'm sure they learned from past mistakes and will actually make a game with a real story this time and characters that aren't too one dimensional .

I'm sure they learned from past mistakes and will actually make a game with a real story this time and characters that aren't too one dimensional .

I wouldn't get your hopes up, they've screwed up more simple tasks before.

I'm just saying let fates be fates and lets have hope for the new game. I'm sure they learned from past mistakes and will actually make a game with a real story this time and characters that aren't too one dimensional .

I genuinely hope so. So long as they try to make the story be strong and able to stand on its own, and build the world there up as much as possible, and we'll have the makings of a great Fire Emblem game.