FE16 "leaks"

To go through this piece by piece:

• Having two protagonists in the style of Gaiden sounds like a good idea. I'm also fine with the supposed protagonists, though I'm still hoping we don't have an avatar. The angle of the first protagonist sounds kind of neat, but making them an avatar might diminish the story posibilites.
  • Fire Emblem Sundial...does anyone else think of that thing Reyson tried to activate in Path of Radiance? Random comparison, but it just popped into my head.
  • Going off of this setting, I could see monks making sense. I'm curious as to why this leak mentions hunters specifically. Would this game replace archers with hunters?
  • A Succubus class. So long if they don't overdo the design (seems unlikely, but I'll hope regardless) I'm fine with it.
  • Moonshifters that mirror the Laguz. This one seems less likely. We've gotten units that could be considered references to the Laguz (Taguel, Kitsune, Wolfskin), but this seems too similar. Also, the three tribes mentioned are wolf, bat, and dragon. Dragon just sticks out here; the other two seem to belong based on the setting, but a dragon variant seems to only be here because of a Fire Emblem quota to have a dragon at some point and it makes me doubtful of the validity.

Honestly, while some of the information makes the idea seem more interesting, I also feel less inclined to believe it than I already did.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

• Having two protagonists in the style of Gaiden sounds like a good idea. I'm also fine with the supposed protagonists, though I'm still hoping we don't have an avatar. The angle of the first protagonist sounds kind of neat, but making them an avatar might diminish the story posibilites.
  • Fire Emblem Sundial...does anyone else think of that thing Reyson tried to activate in Path of Radiance? Random comparison, but it just popped into my head.
  • Going off of this setting, I could see monks making sense. I'm curious as to why this leak mentions hunters specifically. Would this game replace archers with hunters?
  • A Succubus class. So long if they don't overdo the design (seems unlikely, but I'll hope regardless) I'm fine with it.
  • Moonshifters that mirror the Laguz. This one seems less likely. We've gotten units that could be considered references to the Laguz (Taguel, Kitsune, Wolfskin), but this seems too similar. Also, the three tribes mentioned are wolf, bat, and dragon. Dragon just sticks out here; the other two seem to belong based on the setting, but a dragon variant seems to only be here because of a Fire Emblem quota to have a dragon at some point and it makes me doubtful of the validity.

Honestly, while some of the information makes the idea seem more interesting, I also feel less inclined to believe it than I already did.

1. Sorry, Dracul IS an Avatar

2. Yeah, it's random, but random is fine

3. I just like Light Magic coming back, also, Hunters might be given different proficiencies.

4. *shudders violently*

5. Yeah, plus the Kanji is wrong, too.

4 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

1. Sorry, Dracul IS an Avatar

2. Yeah, it's random, but random is fine

3. I just like Light Magic coming back, also, Hunters might be given different proficiencies.

4. *shudders violently*

5. Yeah, plus the Kanji is wrong, too.

True, but it's possible that some information is accurate and some isn't. I'm aware that is likely a delusion I've created, but I like to believe in the impossible sometimes. Though if the avatar bit is purely for cosmetics while the character personality isn't made as vague as previous avatars I'd be okay with it.

If they were to bring back the GBA magic triangle I'd be happy. It's my preferred magic system (granted, I've only played the prologue of Genealogy of the Holy War, so I don't have experience with that game and it's magic system, though I'm familiar with it). As for Hunters, it makes me wonder if they would be implemented alongside archers like in Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem or just replace them for the sake fitting the theme/setting, much like Samurai in Fates.

1 hour ago, GreenDragon17 said:

Also I noticed you guys were talking about how the game could have two paths, but why give us an avatar then have us control Alain? Wouldn't it be better to make an avatar for his army as well then?

This one seems weird as well. I hope it's not a Fates thing where we have to buy another version of the game to get the other story. And if Dracul is an avatar unit, I hope we can pick a certain personality type that closer corresponds with our own, instead of having a bland pacifist.

About Alain, it would seem weird, but also original if we basically design the villain and we have to take them out as the final boss.

35 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

True, but it's possible that some information is accurate and some isn't. I'm aware that is likely a delusion I've created, but I like to believe in the impossible sometimes. Though if the avatar bit is purely for cosmetics while the character personality isn't made as vague as previous avatars I'd be okay with it.

If they were to bring back the GBA magic triangle I'd be happy. It's my preferred magic system (granted, I've only played the prologue of Genealogy of the Holy War, so I don't have experience with that game and it's magic system, though I'm familiar with it). As for Hunters, it makes me wonder if they would be implemented alongside archers like in Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem or just replace them for the sake fitting the theme/setting, much like Samurai in Fates.

For the Genealogy magic triangle, I believe it was Wind > Thunder > Fire > Wind

However Wind magic was by far the best in the game due to Holsety, and the fact that wind magic was just powerful in general. Fire was the worst- it was slow and didn't have much punch. Thunder is just being how Thunder was in the Tellius games.

4 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

This one seems weird as well. I hope it's not a Fates thing where we have to buy another version of the game to get the other story. And if Dracul is an avatar unit, I hope we can pick a certain personality type that closer corresponds with our own, instead of having a bland pacifist.

About Alain, it would seem weird, but also original if we basically design the villain and we have to take them out as the final boss.

Ah, basically reminds me of my own game idea, if they do this then they really are back to making great fire emblem games. Would love to make the main character, only to have the main character be killed at the end.

I also hope the game can explore some pretty dark themes if they really are going for this gothic horror route.

Just now, GreenDragon17 said:

Ah, basically reminds me of my own game idea, if they do this then they really are back to making great fire emblem games. Would love to make the main character, only to have the main character be killed at the end.

I also hope the game can explore some pretty dark themes if they really are going for this gothic horror route.

Well, Dracul is an illegitimate child, so that could be explored pretty well, maybe they could have been abused by some of the people in their life, like their parents or their siblings (if any). And with Alain being a holy knight, religious zealotry could be expanded upon too.

2 minutes ago, GreenDragon17 said:

It would be nice... We haven't a truly "dark" FE since Thracia 776. It would be nice for a change.

1 hour ago, Chconroy said:

The beast makes sense, in Dracula he can shapeshift into a Wolf and a bat, and the man he is based on Vlad the Impaler (where the Impaler class likely comes from) was also called  Vlad Dracula (as he is the son of Vlad Dracul where the MC's name is from) and Dracul means dragon.

Edit: So while I really doubt its real, they at least know the source material and aren't using more modern vampire things. Also I get Saga of the Noble Dead vibes, which I'm really okay with.

Edited by TheLostWhisperer

6 minutes ago, TheLostWhisperer said:

The beast makes sense, in Dracula he can shapeshift into a Wolf and a bat, and the man he is based on Vlad the Impaler (where the Impaler class likely comes from) was also called  Vlad Dracula (as he is the son of Vald Dracul where the MC's name is from) and Dracul mans dragon.

And Dracula means "Son of the Dragon", but can also mean "Son of the Devil" from the word Drac.

4 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Has this been officially confirmed or is this just rumors?

Just a couple of 4Chan posts so far.

I do not want vampires in FE, sorry. They should draw the line at the Nosferatu spell, which is named after a vampire. Also, siding with the bad guys? No. Conquest ruined that idea for me. If this is a leak, I hope it's false.

4 minutes ago, TheZakkAttack said:

I do not want vampires in FE, sorry. They should draw the line at the Nosferatu spell, which is named after a vampire. Also, siding with the bad guys? No. Conquest ruined that idea for me. If this is a leak, I hope it's false.

I'm alright with the concept, as long as it's done right. Also Nosferatu is called Resire in Japan, so that's not even a line to draw.

Can we not have a self-insert? Like it just feels so awkward trying to be in the story. But I'm feeling this vibe. I actually really liked the Conquest vibe (not the story itself), so I hope it will be somewhat similar to the environment. 

Does I think this is real? No 
Do I think this is cool? Certainly 
Do I want this to be a thing? Not sure, if written well, with more classical dark inspirations this would be amazing or it could end up as cliched and uninteresting  

37 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

I'm alright with the concept, as long as it's done right. Also Nosferatu is called Resire in Japan, so that's not even a line to draw.

True, but I think the tome's connection to life draining (thus the name) remains and I think it's a stronger connection than others. (ie Sol and it's variants) Let's leave the vampireness to the life stealing tome dosen't have the same ring to it though. 

Edited by goodperson707

I'm becoming even more sceptical, some of this seems, so, fanfictiony, anybody have more links to this information

unless this is coming from the guy who leaked the FE Heros schedule, I won't remotly trust this information

I'm a veteren of the net for 12 years now, I've seen this stuff for years now

Edited by Captain Karnage

1 hour ago, Aera said:

Can we not have a self-insert? Like it just feels so awkward trying to be in the story. But I'm feeling this vibe. I actually really liked the Conquest vibe (not the story itself), so I hope it will be somewhat similar to the environment. 

I don't mind one self-insert. However, I am picky about how big their role is. If the Avatar is the main character again, I'm afraid for the story. Instead of creating a well-written, compelling character, they're probably just gonna get their @ss kissed the whole time. I'd rather have my self-insert be on the level of Kris, but with less praise from someone at the end of the chapter. A tactician/officer at the most, but not a character whom the story revolves around. Knowing their track record with Avatars, I'm worried that this Dracul character could've really been a great character, but now I'm not sure since they'll just be a self-insert.

Didn't they originally plan on making the Nohrians vampires? It was stated in the "Making of" book if I remember correctly. 

Everything else about this sounds fake though. Too much of an old fans wet dream to be anything else imo.  

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

Didn't they originally plan on making the Nohrians vampires? It was stated in the "Making of" book if I remember correctly. 

Everything else about this sounds fake though. Too much of an old fans wet dream to be anything else imo.  

It's not like they haven't re-used old drafts in later games, Roy's old name was Ike and was going to be in a title called "Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness" for the N64. So they may have taken inspiration from the Nohrian Vampire thing.

1 hour ago, Hawkatana said:

It's not like they haven't re-used old drafts in later games, Roy's old name was Ike and was going to be in a title called "Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness" for the N64. So they may have taken inspiration from the Nohrian Vampire thing.

I wasn't saying it wasn't possible. I was pointing out the vampire thing as the only thing that sounded semi-plausible. Them reusing this idea is a possibility, everything else either sounds fake or too much like wishful thinking.

The only I would not be happy about is the avatar. Another avatar, by this point I am getting tired of the whole avatar aspect of the FE games. Now if this turns out to be true it is possible that this one could be handled better. But I am getting tired of self insert characters that are only self inserts by name, meaning any choices that the player and by extension the avatar makes have no bearing on the story (e.g sparing Emmeryn's life changes nothing), I don't like it when the avatar is required to make a decision that no player is going to make. If an avatar is going to be in I want extensive customizable options for creating him/her and I want various options for responses and choices in the game.

2 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

The only I would not be happy about is the avatar. Another avatar, by this point I am getting tired of the whole avatar aspect of the FE games. Now if this turns out to be true it is possible that this one could be handled better. But I am getting tired of self insert characters that are only self inserts by name, meaning any choices that the player and by extension the avatar makes have no bearing on the story (e.g sparing Emmeryn's life changes nothing), I don't like it when the avatar is required to make a decision that no player is going to make. If an avatar is going to be in I want extensive customizable options for creating him/her and I want various options for responses and choices in the game.

As much I like Robin, even I am getting tired of avatar characters in Fire Emblem. In other RPGs it's fine, but if the player's actions have no real weight or change to the story, then there should be no reason to have one. Personally, I like the idea of a villain protagonist for game like this, but they have to be written well. Nobody wants another Corrin.

Extensive customization would be greatly welcomed, as would branching dialogue paths. Anything that can improve the game is alright by me.