FE16 "leaks"

I love Robin, but I agree. Can we take a break from avatars?

If we must have one, give us customisation to the extent of Kris'. Give us the option to change eye colour and skin tone, Pokemon did it, so why can't FE?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

As much I like Robin, even I am getting tired of avatar characters in Fire Emblem. In other RPGs it's fine, but if the player's actions have no real weight or change to the story, then there should be no reason to have one. Personally, I like the idea of a villain protagonist for game like this, but they have to be written well. Nobody wants another Corrin.

Extensive customization would be greatly welcomed, as would branching dialogue paths. Anything that can improve the game is alright by me.

If it is going to be an Avatar, it should be more like Robin. Apart from the issue on Robin where choices don't matter until the last one, Robin's actions do hold weight in the story, but he doesn't go to the point that the world completely revolves around him like it does Corrin, or that every character must just love Robin or they are bad guys or ignorant people. 

But on the case of Corrin, Corrin's choices DID matter as the choices made impact on the story, being three whole games. But rather than make multiple games, make the choices allow for the story to be altered, and leave it to the players to decide which path was better in the end. Sort of like... Thracia, where the choice in which route Leif takes alters certain things and who you recruit.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

If it is going to be an Avatar, it should be more like Robin. Apart from the issue on Robin where choices don't matter until the last one, Robin's actions do hold weight in the story, but he doesn't go to the point that the world completely revolves around him like it does Corrin, or that every character must just love Robin or they are bad guys or ignorant people. 

But on the case of Corrin, Corrin's choices DID matter as the choices made impact on the story, being three whole games. But rather than make multiple games, make the choices allow for the story to be altered, and leave it to the players to decide which path was better in the end. Sort of like... Thracia, where the choice in which route Leif takes alters certain things and who you recruit.

That is true, Robin's actions do have weight. Especially towards the end where you choose their fate.

I know that Corrin's choices mattered as they impacted the story, but it doesn't seem like they change much, story-wise. 

Just now, MetalAmethyst said:

That is true, Robin's actions do have weight. Especially towards the end where you choose their fate.

I know that Corrin's choices mattered as they impacted the story, but it doesn't seem like they change much, story-wise. 

Mhm. Each Avatar from the games have done something unique. Mark is the first Avatar ever and is talked to. Kris is the first playable Avatar. Robin is the first Avatar that's playable and has a more defined personality and impact to the story. Corrin is the Avatar that allows the choices you make to have a much more significant change to the story.

It does change story-wise. the choice actually changes the entire story that's happening. Choose Hoshido, Xander and Elise does, Gunter remains missing, and Nohr lost the war. Choose Nohr, Ryoma and Takumi dies, Hoshido is now a war torn nation, and no info on this place called Valla is done. Choosing neither allows you to unite both kingdoms and defeat the true enemy. 

But unless you mean after those initial choices, then yes, there aren't much choices left. Only thing that was like that was when you have the choice to kill or recruit Shura in Conquest. 

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

But unless you mean after those initial choices, then yes, there aren't much choices left. Only thing that was like that was when you have the choice to kill or recruit Shura in Conquest. 

I did. And I also meant that Corrin's "character" doesn't change much.

47 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I did. And I also meant that Corrin's "character" doesn't change much.

Why do you think Corrin is one of the most hated characters in FE? (Well only the male version, for some reason.)

3 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

As much I like Robin, even I am getting tired of avatar characters in Fire Emblem. In other RPGs it's fine, but if the player's actions have no real weight or change to the story, then there should be no reason to have one. Personally, I like the idea of a villain protagonist for game like this, but they have to be written well. Nobody wants another Corrin.

Extensive customization would be greatly welcomed, as would branching dialogue paths. Anything that can improve the game is alright by me.

MetalAmethyst, agreed. I also like Robin, and yes a villain protagonist DOES sound interesting for this game. Especially as according to the leak he/she would be a Camus archetype which if done well could be very interesting. By the way I like your member profile image, Scarlet is probably my favorite Wyvern lord from Fates she also was my first Corrin Pairing when I did Birthright.

2 hours ago, Hawkatana said:

Why do you think Corrin is one of the most hated characters in FE? (Well only the male version, for some reason.)

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, SavageVolug said:

MetalAmethyst, agreed. I also like Robin, and yes a villain protagonist DOES sound interesting for this game. Especially as according to the leak he/she would be a Camus archetype which if done well could be very interesting. By the way I like your member profile image, Scarlet is probably my favorite Wyvern lord from Fates she also was my first Corrin Pairing when I did Birthright.

I looked up the 4chan post not long ago, and I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about it. I want to believe it's real, but I can't get my hopes up too soon.

*GASP* You too?! Thank you! Yes! I love this character, though I wished she had more screen time or supports.

Edited by MetalAmethyst

2 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Exactly. 

I looked up the 4chan post not long ago, and I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about it. I want to believe it's real, but I can't get my hopes up too soon.

*GASP* You too?! Thank you! Yes! I love this character, though I wished she had more screen time or supports.

I wish Scarlet/Ryoma was possible. 

You know what? I'm ending this now. I'm going to ask Nintendo, Intelligent Systems, anyone that would be involved, whether or not Fire Emblem: New Moon is the real deal, or Pepe being a troll as per usual.

17 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I wish Scarlet/Ryoma was possible. 

Same.

10 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

You know what? I'm ending this now. I'm going to ask Nintendo, Intelligent Systems, anyone that would be involved, whether or not Fire Emblem: New Moon is the real deal, or Pepe being a troll as per usual.

Anything to clear this whole thing up.

1 hour ago, Hawkatana said:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH Which one is it?!

AAAHHH.PNG

The whole premise sounded way too odd until I remembered Nohr's atmosphere would probably be the basis for this new game. Didn't change my opinion on it being fake though. I just don't think IS can make a good villainous protagonist without making Corrin 2.0. They just don't have a good track record with making villain characters, and if they are meant to be a Camus character then I have a feeling we are going to be choosing between Hosido 2.0 (the good humans who use the power of light to wipe out the obvious bad guy kingdom) and Nohr 2.0 (the literally monstrous kingdom with a obvious bad guy we are going to eventually have to fight because they are EVOL). Maybe I should have a little more faith in IS though...

20 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

The whole premise sounded way too odd until I remembered Nohr's atmosphere would probably be the basis for this new game. Didn't change my opinion on it being fake though. I just don't think IS can make a good villainous protagonist without making Corrin 2.0. They just don't have a good track record with making villain characters, and if they are meant to be a Camus character then I have a feeling we are going to be choosing between Hosido 2.0 (the good humans who use the power of light to wipe out the obvious bad guy kingdom) and Nohr 2.0 (the literally monstrous kingdom with a obvious bad guy we are going to eventually have to fight because they are EVOL). Maybe I should have a little more faith in IS though...

I think it will be more like Echoes, where you control the 2 groups simultaneously, I mean if Dracul is an "Anti-Hero" like they were described as, why would they side with the Humans instead of the Kibaires?

2 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Exactly. 

Yes, me too. What's not to love? She's an awesome Wyvern lord unit, with a chipper personality and she has a design that makes sense for her sort of class. #CamillatakepointersfromScarlet And yeah she definitely should have had more supports and additional screen time. Her death is one of the things I hate about Revelations especially as it seemed like the only reason why she died was it would give players too many units to work with. At least that's the only reason I could come up with, you don't give players a unit especially of an awesome class like wyvern lord and then kill off that unit a couple chapters later.

5 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

I think it will be more like Echoes, where you control the 2 groups simultaneously, I mean if Dracul is an "Anti-Hero" like they were described as, why would they side with the Humans instead of the Kibaires?

Technically Corrin is also an anti-hero during the Conquest route, or at least that is what IS wanted them to be. You are probably right about not choosing sides, but I still don't see IS doing this well as the settings seem to similar to Hoshido and Nohr from the small amount we know, and FE lore. In FE was there ever a time where monsters where anything other then evil? I don't know much about anything pre-GBA era so I sincerely don't know.

5 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Technically Corrin is also an anti-hero during the Conquest route, or at least that is what IS wanted them to be. You are probably right about not choosing sides, but I still don't see IS doing this well as the settings seem to similar to Hoshido and Nohr from the small amount we know, and FE lore. In FE was there ever a time where monsters where anything other then evil? I don't know much about anything pre-GBA era so I sincerely don't know.

This will be the first time Monsters will be playing a role in the game that isn't "grind fodder" or "servants of the demon king" (Unless you count the Manaketes as monsters, which you hopefully don't).

29 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

This will be the first time Monsters will be playing a role in the game that isn't "grind fodder" or "servants of the demon king" (Unless you count the Manaketes as monsters, which you hopefully don't).

Wasn't "halfway between man and monster" a description for Manaketes in Sacred Stones?

40 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Why can't they just make him a jerk with a heart of gold instead of a nice guy in a bad place?

Cause that's how most Fire Emblem protags are? They're all meant to be good people. Not one ever goes so far deep into a villainous role. Corrin in Conquest pretty much was the closest we've ever gotten. 

2 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Any luck so far?

No... I just can't find anything definitive to prove or disprove this.It's incredibly annoying.

9 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

No... I just can't find anything definitive to prove or disprove this.It's incredibly annoying.

Welp. Looks like we're gonna have to wait for Nintendo to make an announcement... whenever that will be.

I like the idea of a Gothic nation going against a Religious one. The shapeshifters sound pretty slick too. (Bats would be so wicked) The other classes mentioned sound really fun. I wonder what monsters would they choose for this game, and if they'd be controllable. (If the leak is real)