FE16 "leaks"

ahhh. i see now. this was a different person who posted it on reddit around 20 hours ago. he simply found a image on 2ch and assumed it was FE16 due to it being claimed to have been drawn by kozaki

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really hope fe16's artist won't be kozaki one more time

i'm tired of him, i need another artist senri kita

Edited by Yexin

2 hours ago, Yexin said:

i really hope fe16's artist won't be kozaki one more time

i'm tired of him, i need another artist senri kita

I second this motion/notion/whatever.

I miss Senri Kita.

11 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I second this motion/notion/whatever.

I miss Senri Kita.

I really like the "aged" look that Senri Kita gives to the characters.

If the vampire concept is really true, I kind of want toi8 to come back, but for the environment concept artwork. 

On 10/6/2017 at 2:00 AM, Hawkatana said:

This will be the first time Monsters will be playing a role in the game that isn't "grind fodder" or "servants of the demon king" (Unless you count the Manaketes as monsters, which you hopefully don't).

Took me a little while to think about how to word this, but the main lord is supposed to be with the religious kingdom right? A kingdom that will no doubt use light magic and be portrayed as the good guys fighting against the monsters. While the Avatar is supposed to be an illegitimate child from a kingdom of monsters right? The key to how good this will work out is how the Kibaire's kingdom is portrayed. However, looking at how they did the bad kingdom in Echoes makes me believe they will just pull a Hoshido 2.0 kingdom with the religious kingdom, and a Nohr 2.0 with the avatar's kingdom. They don't have a good track record so far with the 3DS games, and having a kingdom of literal monsters makes it just that much easier to fall into the same type of bad writing. You could say that it was because of the main writer in Fates that it came out that bad, but I remember reading an interview where the guy said he wrote 300 pages for each route, and then the people at IS were tasked with shortening that for the games (and they butchered it).

I'm also having a hard time wrapping my head around how this could work like Echoes with its two protagonists. It is probably because we don't have enough information, but I don't see a common enemy between these two kingdoms except each other. Unless another dragon appears at the end that threatens both their kingdoms so they have no choice but to work together this could only end up with us having to choose a side (a la Birthright and Conquest) to defeat the other. I guess it would help flesh out the opposing sides if we see both of them at the same time, but I'm getting some flashbacks to Fates here with this concept so I'd prefer to believe this is all fake until proven otherwise.

I find it interesting that one side has an avatar and the other a fixed protagonist - as if each side represents new and old fans respectively. If this is intentional I wonder if it's a coincidence that the new fans are vampires and the old fans are a religious/ knight order :P

Edited by DefyingFates

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

I find it interesting that one side has an avatar and the other a fixed protagonist - as if each side represents new and old fans respectively. If this is intentional I wonder if it's a coincidence that the new fans are vampires and the old fans are a religious/knight order :P

Wouldn't that make the older fans the "good guys" if the light kingdom really is Hoshido 2.0?  If each kingdom represents a side of the fanbase, then I would think IS would want to make the side representing the newer fans the "good guys".  But perhaps that's just the cynic in me talking.

9 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

When/ where did the leaker post those pictures? I didn't see it happen in any of the 4chan threads.

it was in reddit. it wasn't the leaker who posted those pics. somebody else thought it was art for the new FE16 game. the pics game from 2ch (japanese), not 4ch (english)proof.thumb.png.deeac854fc14193fc6c4d2619d7de2c5.png

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Took me a little while to think about how to word this, but the main lord is supposed to be with the religious kingdom right? A kingdom that will no doubt use light magic and be portrayed as the good guys fighting against the monsters. While the Avatar is supposed to be an illegitimate child from a kingdom of monsters right? The key to how good this will work out is how the Kibaire's kingdom is portrayed. However, looking at how they did the bad kingdom in Echoes makes me believe they will just pull a Hoshido 2.0 kingdom with the religious kingdom, and a Nohr 2.0 with the avatar's kingdom. They don't have a good track record so far with the 3DS games, and having a kingdom of literal monsters makes it just that much easier to fall into the same type of bad writing. You could say that it was because of the main writer in Fates that it came out that bad, but I remember reading an interview where the guy said he wrote 300 pages for each route, and then the people at IS were tasked with shortening that for the games (and they butchered it).

I'm also having a hard time wrapping my head around how this could work like Echoes with its two protagonists. It is probably because we don't have enough information, but I don't see a common enemy between these two kingdoms except each other. Unless another dragon appears at the end that threatens both their kingdoms so they have no choice but to work together this could only end up with us having to choose a side (a la Birthright and Conquest) to defeat the other. I guess it would help flesh out the opposing sides if we see both of them at the same time, but I'm getting some flashbacks to Fates here with this concept so I'd prefer to believe this is all fake until proven otherwise.

My hope is that they'll handle it similarly to Zofia and Rigel in SoV. Neither country was perfect in that game, so if they take that approach to these nations, then I'll be happy with the result. 

Maybe instead of good vs. evil theme, the two sides could be used to represent order and chaos.

15 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

So, not sure if this matters, but I noticed the first post on 4chan isn't showing up anymore. I tried to going there and I get a 404 page.

don't worry, we have it screenshot on the first page. I've already taken the liberty of doing it for the other posts

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

1 hour ago, Chconroy said:

My hope is that they'll handle it similarly to Zofia and Rigel in SoV. Neither country was perfect in that game, so if they take that approach to these nations, then I'll be happy with the result. 

Maybe instead of good vs. evil theme, the two sides could be used to represent order and chaos.

Echoes still had Duma and his Faithful come off far worse than Mila and her Church. Mila is so sweet that she unseals Falchion and nothing says her church took a significant part in King Lima IV's or Desaix's actions (with Desaix himself speaking of Mila with contempt). Meanwhile Duma is a walking corpse and his worshippers besides token Halcyon (Tatiana calls on Mila too much to say she worships Duma even if she's Rigelian) are all repulsive in looks alongside character. This does not help make Rudolf's plan any less ridiculous.

Edited by Kalken

20 minutes ago, Kalken said:

Echoes still had Duma and his Faithful come off far worse than Mila and her Church. Mila is so sweet that she unseals Falchion and nothing says her church took a significant part in King Lima IV's or Desaix's actions (with Desaix himself speaking of Mila with contempt). Meanwhile Duma is a walking corpse and his worshippers besides token Halcyon (Tatiana calls on Mila too much to say she worships Duma even if she's Rigelian) are all repulsive in looks alongside character. This does not help make Rudolf's plan any less ridiculous.

Rigel's big flaw was the Duma Faithful supporting Duma during his degeneration, leading them to gain a great influence and rival the influence of the royal family. Zofia's flaw is that the government was hopelessly corrupt, with both Rima and Desaix being selfish in their positions, allowing Grieth and other brigands/pirates to cause chaos while common citizens suffered.

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Basically Rigel was a country with it's flaw being religion and Zofia's was the greed of men.

That WAS the point brought up in the first trailer.

11 hours ago, Aera said:

I really like the "aged" look that Senri Kita gives to the characters.

If the vampire concept is really true, I kind of want toi8 to come back, but for the environment concept artwork. 

I agree. I really like toi8's environments. As for their character style, I think it may work for an Echoes games. toi8 has a lot of muted colors that I think will fit in with Echoes.

58 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

Man, hearing that the GBA arena may potentially be back REALLY makes me wish this is true. I hope it's true. Still, the source is unclear, so I'm choosing to remain skeptical. But man, Miss Leaker making me wish some details be true.

Also, this explains the "new classes" talked about in the OP of this thread.

"the picture in this post is NOT part of the game"

thank god

"the ヒッポグリフナイト (Hippogriff Knight), a Kibaire version of the Pegasus Knight who uses bows (I'm not sure if it's female-exclusive, but the default is female)"

so basically a mixture of the griffon rider and the kinshi knight

"a Kibaire version of the Cavalier called the ダークライダー (Dark Rider) that can use swords and axes"

if they're just normal cavaliers that apparently can use axes too, why aren't they called "cavaliers"? kieran is a thing, and he's still a cavalier

also, why are they "dark" if the kibarians are holy knights?

"the マーマン (Merman) that's essentially the pirate from the older games"

is "merman" an actual word in english, or is it just the japanese translation of melman, the giraffe from madagascar?

"the ファントム (Phantom) which is an anima mage for the Kibaires"

sounds cool

"the Kibaire variant of the Cleric: the ヴェスタル (Vestal)"

bravely default confirmed

"You all know supports were back, but we now know that marriage is returning"

GOD DAMN IT

"(but not children)"

again, thank god

"I've learnt a bit that FE Switch will be getting wireless multiplayer in the form of 3 modes: V.S., Double Duel and Arena. V.S. is self-explanatory, Double Duel returns from Awakening, and Arena is a 4-Player Free-for-all returning from the GBA's era."

cool

"I found out what the amiibo do too. They unlock special maps from previous games where you fight against enemies themed from the map in question, and when you beat that map, you gain an S-Rank weapon, such as Beloved Zofia, the Binding Blade and 4 Versions of the Falchino. I know that Elincia's Gamble, Hinoka, Leo (the chapters) and Marth Embarks are among them."

ok, even though everyone could've figured that out cries for not being able to recruit Ike in HD

"I don't have any news on the story or who's working on the game unfortunately."

who. would. have. guessed.

also, my prediction about her not showing actual images has been confirmed

i'm more credible than miss leaker herself! X'D

i'm still skeptic, btw

Edited by Yexin

2 hours ago, Hawkatana said:

You're Miss Leaker, obviously. (Thanks for finding these!)

I must say each post moved me closer to TeamReal. Hopefully we get official confirmation soon enough.

Also @Yexin, the Kibaire are the vampires, hence the "Dark" monikers.

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

"a Kibaire version of the Cavalier called the ダークライダー (Dark Rider) that can use swords and axes"

if they're just normal cavaliers that apparently can use axes too, why aren't they called "cavaliers"? kieran is a thing, and he's still a cavalier

also, why are they "dark" if the kibarians are holy knights?

kibarians are the vampires

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

@Yexin, the Kibaire are the vampires, hence the "Dark" monikers.

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

kibarians are the vampires

oh, ok then, my mistake

the rest of my post is still valid, though

"Marriage is returning (but not children)"

This also sounds way too good to be true.  I like the sound of the new Kibairean classes, though.

I wanna try something.  Hey, Miss Leaker, which side is getting Brigands/Barbarians?

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

All I'm going to say is that we had BETTER have the following classes. 1) Mercenaries 2) Warriors 3) Berserkers 4) Wyvern lords 5) Bow knights. The thought of reworking classes and bringing new classes in this game makes me wary that one of my favorite classes might get cut out of the game, such as one of the aforementioned classes. Already I don't care for the Hippogriff class, but this is mainly because I REALLY did not like the Phoenix thing class. Appearance wise this sounds pretty cool but I am not a fan of flying units using bows, I probably would have given them swords or something instead, hopefully they will have a lance or some other direct attacking weapon. 

However, Dark Rider sounds absolutely awesome, so I am hoping that at least some of this turns out to be true but for the time will remain skeptical until an official trailer or release of the game is shown. 

Edited by SavageVolug

Honestly, at first I was Team Hopeful, but as we get more information I'm becoming more skeptical. Everything sounds interesting and cool, don't get me wrong, but everything also seems way too good to be true and more like a fire emblem fan's dream of what a game should look like.