FE16 "leaks"

5 hours ago, Hawkatana said:

image.thumb.png.a7cc090631c8191ae83b2206988d4fe4.png

Okay, Miss Leaker, I'm trying really hard to be optimistic but this sounds too good to be true. There are some awesome ideas here, yet at the end of the day this could only be seen as speculation.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a hyppogriff is a creature with a body of a horse and the head and wings of a eagle. i like this class already if it can use bows

1 hour ago, Aura Of Twilight said:

Honestly, at first I was Team Hopeful, but as we get more information I'm becoming more skeptical. Everything sounds interesting and cool, don't get me wrong, but everything also seems way too good to be true and more like a fire emblem fan's dream of what a game should look like.

I agree. This is the sad things about rumors though, they " become facts. " This sounds nice, but the fact people are getting new info regularly is too good to be true.

16 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I agree. This is the sad things about rumors though, they " become facts. " This sounds nice, but the fact people are getting new info regularly is too good to be true.

yeah, it looks like she's doing something like "ok, two days ago i invented something about the general story and some classes... now i could invent some more classes and say something about online functions and amiibos as well!"

i guess she'll come up in 2 days saying something else, like 2/3 more classes and a little more specific description of the story, or she could "spoil" us some characters, and their respective role

usually, when leakers spoil something which is actually true, then they disappear for a long time, so that they don't get recognized, but this "miss leaker" is showing us something new quite constantly

this makes me skeptical, too

Edited by Yexin

ヒッポグリフナイト (Hippogriff Knight), a Kibaire version of the Pegasus Knight who uses bows (I'm not sure if it's female-exclusive, but the default is female), a Kibaire version of the Cavalier called the ダークライダー (Dark Rider) that can use swords and axes, the マーマン (Merman) that's essentially the pirate from the older games, the ファントム (Phantom) which is an anima mage for the Kibaires and the Kibaire variant of the Cleric: the ヴェスタル (Vestal)"

Sounds pretty standard overall. I'm hoping each class is more than just an opposite for the other side and have differences (which some seem to so far).

"You all know supports were back, but we now know that marriage is returning (but not children)."

We did? When did I miss this that confirmation? As for the rest, I'm okay with marriage returning, but only if their written better than Fates. Children being gone also makes me very happy.

"FE Switch will be getting wireless multiplayer in the form of 3 modes: V.S., Double Duel and Arena. V.S. is self-explanatory, Double Duel returns from Awakening, and Arena is a 4-Player Free-for-all returning from the GBA's era."

I've never been one for the multiplayer of Fire Emblem, so I'm indifferent. Though Double Duel returning from Awakening is...surprising. Maybe it's just me, but Double Duel felt too short and simple to play with my friends (though, that could just be me).

Also, I'm starting to agree with some people's concerns that we're getting a lot of info very quickly. I'm still just as skeptical as I was when we only had one post to work off of, only now I'm more intrigued in the concept.

2 hours ago, Chconroy said:

ヒッポグリフナイト (Hippogriff Knight), a Kibaire version of the Pegasus Knight who uses bows (I'm not sure if it's female-exclusive, but the default is female), a Kibaire version of the Cavalier called the ダークライダー (Dark Rider) that can use swords and axes, the マーマン (Merman) that's essentially the pirate from the older games, the ファントム (Phantom) which is an anima mage for the Kibaires and the Kibaire variant of the Cleric: the ヴェスタル (Vestal)"

Sounds pretty standard overall. I'm hoping each class is more than just an opposite for the other side and have differences (which some seem to so far).

i'm guessing it's got something to do with stat distribution and focus. plus skills (we might get back sacrifice with a similar effect). that and differences in promotion. sage with anima or valkyrie (i know what i meant) with light. unknown class with dark magic and the other i'm not sure of. though i'm sure that witch and vestal along with phantom will share a promotion

Heck there might even be 3 promotion choices to increase replay value

dark rider
                ->dark knight
phantom(anima)
                -> summoner
witch (dark)
               -> ???
vestal (light)

btw, did anyone else think of a certain trap when hippogriff was mentioned?

Edited by silveraura25

23 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

btw, did anyone else think of a certain trap when hippogriff was mentioned?

which trap? i'm curious

31 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

Also, I'm starting to agree with some people's concerns that we're getting a lot of info very quickly. I'm still just as skeptical as I was when we only had one post to work off of, only now I'm more intrigued in the concept.

inb4 she'll stop giving infos for a while

11 hours ago, Yexin said:

"You all know supports were back, but we now know that marriage is returning"

GOD DAMN IT

"(but not children)"

again, thank god

ded

-

I lowkey want this to be Twilight with a meaningful plot. 

I just can't... like not picture the two main protagonists getting together. 

Edited by Aera

Ok, so more and more details are added. A mix of old and new sounds really good. If it really is like Echoes: SoV with two routes, then I'd be happy. If these "leaks" are true, then I am also happy about no children. They made sense in Awakening, but Fates made no sense at all. 

She said that the Weapon Triangle will be Pre-Fates style. So, separate physical and magical triangles, but what happens to daggers and bows (if daggers return). Will bows be on their own again? As a follow up are there any new weapon types?

If IS does make a game that can balance old and new fans, that would be pretty awesome. Still skeptic until Nintendo or IS releases official details. 

3 hours ago, Chconroy said:

"You all know supports were back, but we now know that marriage is returning (but not children)."

We did? When did I miss this that confirmation? As for the rest, I'm okay with marriage returning, but only if their written better than Fates. Children being gone also makes me very happy.

"FE Switch will be getting wireless multiplayer in the form of 3 modes: V.S., Double Duel and Arena. V.S. is self-explanatory, Double Duel returns from Awakening, and Arena is a 4-Player Free-for-all returning from the GBA's era."

I've never been one for the multiplayer of Fire Emblem, so I'm indifferent. Though Double Duel returning from Awakening is...surprising. Maybe it's just me, but Double Duel felt too short and simple to play with my friends (though, that could just be me).

If this is indeed a split path game like fates where classes are split on route, I'd be surprised if they were gender locked. The main reason why all classes were made co-ed in fates was because of the new class sharing mechanics and the fact that not all classes were readily avalible in fates depending on which route you chose. The reason why Pegasus Knights, Troubadours, Fighters, and Barbarians are gender locked are allusions to mythology such as unicorns and actual Valkyries, while Fighters and Barbarians are based off the stereotypes of men who are only rough enough for fights. The point here is that they only make classes gender-locked if there's a trend going on. As for a hippogriff mounted class, it should be neutral, since Hippogriffs show no preference for genders in mythology. In fact, the main reason why Hippogriffs are remembered in popular culture is because of the role in 3rd Harry Potter book, in which Harry rides one.

Assuming the leak is onto something, the source says that it's not sure if PKs are locked to women this time.

Anyway, if the plot is really what we're getting then I'm alarmed by how Dracul is another anti-hero in a dark kingdom. Sure, it might be already a bit of step up over Fates for how the light kingdom apparently isn't as clean as Hoshido but there's still the problem of the plot contorting itself to not have the Avatar be in the wrong. Conquest Corrin is a despicable character who we're supposed to see as some dark hero forced to make hard decisions. I have my doubts IS can avoid this trap short of making Light Kingdom Begnion 2.0 with the dark kingdom as the Laguz.

15 hours ago, Yexin said:

"the マーマン (Merman) that's essentially the pirate from the older games"

is "merman" an actual word in english, or is it just the japanese translation of melman, the giraffe from madagascar?

Yes, it's a word. A "merman" is the male version of a mermaid.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yes, it's a word. A "merman" is the male version of a mermaid.

Because we're getting vampires and shapeshifters, I need a barbaric mermaid with an axe riding an airborne shark. 

Kidding.

I actually why they would choose to name the pirate a "merman." Like Pirate would have been good enough.

-

Or maybe it's a humanoid creature with scales and fins?

Edited by Aera

26 minutes ago, Aera said:

Because we're getting vampires and shapeshifters, I need a barbaric mermaid with an axe riding an airborne shark. 

Kidding.

I actually why they would choose to name the pirate a "merman." Like Pirate would have been good enough.

-

Maybe they're going for something akin to the Ruto from Legend of Zelda.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

This Merman class sort of reminds me of the one in Ghast's Fire Emblem: Bloodlines hack.

What were those like? I haven't seen the hack in action.

2 hours ago, Aera said:

Kidding.

-

I could see it being that. However, I have a feeling, if this info is true, "Merman" may be changed in the localized version to be pirate or "mariner". Unless they have legs, "Merman" would be a weird class if they're only available in water.

Or it could be like how you described, like the fishmen from One Piece.

I'll be honest, at first, I was skeptical about this at the beginning. However as more information came out, I started to find it more believable. But this? It's just gone into the credibility version of the uncanny valley (meaning it seems so ALMOST credible that it just can't be). It's a good and interesting concept, sure. But I'll be amazed at this point if IS actually does something even remotely similar to this.

Edited by Hawkatana

6 hours ago, Chconroy said:

What were those like? I haven't seen the hack in action.

they had the upper half of a scaly man and the bottom half of a fish

i actually expect the merman to only have gills and maybe elf ears

i get the feeling that they'd be a lance unit, but i doubt that cause we already have impaler, so axes. i wonder if there are classes that lose some of their initial abilities when promoted. like the dark mage to dark knight losing access to dark magic in awakening

Edited by silveraura25

On 10/10/2017 at 12:45 AM, Hawkatana said:

I'll be honest, at first, I was skeptical about this at the beginning. However as more information came out, I started to find it more believable. But this? It's just gone into the credibility version of the uncanny valley (meaning it seems so ALMOST credible that it just can't be). It's a good and interesting concept, sure. But I'll be amazed at this point if IS actually does something even remotely similar to this.

I know what you mean. I've become increasingly skeptical yet hopeful of the information given to us. Who knows when Miss Leaker will strike again.

I hope at least some of this is real.

1) The theme sounds very interesting, I just hope it doesn't end up being Fates 2.0 I want this game to be it's own thing while taking the best elements from most if not all the FE games within the series.

2) I'm not happy about the avatar as I think it's being over done and steals the focus away from the protagonist onto the avatar. Also the avatar is an avatar in name only, he/she doesn't make choices that the player chooses but instead what the game chooses. If there's going to be an avatar there should be decision and response options that the player has to choose.

3) No kids is good. In Fates most of the kids in question could have existed in the game without being so-so's child, and like the avatar mechanic I think this idea is being run to the ground