FE16 "leaks"

4 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Yeah, but that's Fates. We don't even have gameplay, screenshots, a teaser, or anything really at this point.

IIRC, that’s how a LOT of other FE games handle their releases.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2017 at 3:05 PM, familyplayer said:

Yeah, but that's Fates. We don't even have gameplay, screenshots, a teaser, or anything really at this point.

And SoV...and Awakening... It's just IS' style. We probably won't hear anything until a few months before release.

3 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

THE ONE TIME I DECIDE TO GO ON 4CHAN http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/394409203

Capture6.PNG

Capture5.PNG

I just need to get these out of the way:

Kotaro Yamada as the artist? He has worked on the series before, but him as the MAIN ARTIST? Unlikely.

The game following the previous aesthetics? Okay, we would have guessed that.

Full Voice acting? Well, Echoes had it, so I guess that makes sense.

The characters? I'll go in order.

Huon: PLEASE NO MY NAME IS HUON I DON'T WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH A JAGEN

Gwendolen: Don't we already have a character with that name?

Godfrey: Calling it now, he's a bad guy.

Mirela & Miruna: Okay, we now have an official Cain & Abel. Pretty standard.

Felix: *sigh* not another Navarre. (P.S., I bet he gets a Killer Lance.)

This REALLY hasn't helped her case for this. I now believe this even less than before.

Always happens when you least expect it.

"...the game's artist is Kotaro Yamada, he did the Hasha no Tsurugi manga, Ephraim's Awakening DLC portrait and Lyn & Narcian in Heroes."

Feels like an odd choice. A quick search doesn't yield much in regards to his previous works. Outside of FE stuff, I think he made some kind of manga adaption of SAO. Nothing really points to him being chosen as the main artist. I suppose it's possible.

"The game will follow the 3DS game's map aesthetic, where the 2D sprites are placed over a 3D environment, surprisingly, we're also getting full voice acting in the game (the avatar's name is just skipped)..."

All of this possible.

"...the game's Jagen is called Huon (ヒューオン): he's a laid-back great knight past his prime who aids Alain on his mission to eradicate the Kibaires. Then we have the wandering myrmidon Gwendolen (グウェンドレン): a self-proclaimed "Kibaire Hunter", and finally, we have Godfrey (ゴッドフリー), a knight said to resort to more extreme measures (It doesn't have his class). For the Kibaires, we have the twins Mirela (ミレラ) and Miruna (ミルナ), a pair of red & green wizards (the new name for dark mages) respectively who are well known for their magical prowess. Mirela is optimistic & energetic, while Miruna is more quiet and calm. We also have an Impaler recruited from bandits (a la Navarre) called Felix (フェリックス)."

Let's go character by character:

• Huon sounds pretty standard, though him being laidback sounds off to me. Don't Jagens tend to be strict or at least professional in their role?
  • Gwendolen made me raise an eyebrow at first, since we have Gwendolyn in Binding Blade. But I think it's possible since Gwendolyn is called Wendy in the Japanese version, so that name is still open in Japan (I also think it's funny that this Gwendolen is supposedly a Myrmidon, which meant that they'd be more useful in Binding Blade compared to Gwendolyn/Wendy, due to the axe users in the Western Isles).
  • Godfrey sounds like someone who has a high opinion of themselves (maybe it's the name).
  • Mirela and Miruna sounds like a possible red/green pair.
  • Felix is a thing.

Some of sounds possible. Some of it is less believable. Still not convinced until we have something beyond the claim of one person.

Edited by Chconroy

Hmm.... Interesting...

Characters:

• Huon - (Jagen) Sounds like a mix of Gunter and Mycen (maybe Jagen as well, I just don't know Jagen well). An old Jagen-esque unit is common.
  • Gwendolen - Nothing much to say about her. 
  • Godfrey - Sounds evil, could be cool. Probably because there is a King Godfrey in Dragon Quest 9.   latest?cb=20160124022028
  • Mirela & Miruna - The Cain & Abel archetypes are now mages? Fates had them as Ninjas, so why not?
  • Felix - Not much to say.

2D sprites on a 3d map - This makes sense. Keep similar aspects from the 3ds games, but improve them. Stat screens will most likely work like the GBA games, or FEHeroes (giving a small bit at the top of the screen, then you can inspect to see the full screen)).

Avatar's name is skipped in VA - This is how most major games with VA do it. I'll use Dragon Quest 8 as my prime example. They keep the name in the subtitles, but don't say it or just use a pronoun/nickname/title instead. 

Kotaro Yamada - interesting choice. Don't know much about him, but Narcian and Lyn have decent arts, so he might do well. Otherwise no opinion.

Overall, A lot of this seems like safe guesses. An old Jagen-esque unit, the "Christmas knights" but mages, similar battle map to the 3ds games, and full VA(minus avatar name). The only thing surprising is the Artist. Still skeptic until full Nintendo/IS statement.

31 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

But . . . I liked Ephraim's Awakening art. Thought it was the best along with Alm's.

Still not gonna pass judgement, though. Stranger things have happened in gaming.

I think that's a popular opinion, not mine though, not with that face and color/ilumination/something that I can't identify.

Personally, I found Roy's much better.

Yay, more leaks!

Interesting stuff. How well known was the Fates/Awakening artist before those games?

As for the earlier stuff - and this is something I've been meaning to get off my chest for a while - I think the pre-Fates weapon triangle and three magic types are plausible because of Heroes, which took bows and daggers back out of the weapon triangle and added three colours of magic instead of just one. Granted, the latter may have just been to diversify the mage lineup, but I think the former is something to keep in mind at the very least.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yay, more leaks!

Interesting stuff. How well known was the Fates/Awakening artist before those games?

As for the earlier stuff - and this is something I've been meaning to get off my chest for a while - I think the pre-Fates weapon triangle and three magic types are plausible because of Heroes, which took bows and daggers back out of the weapon triangle and added three colours of magic instead of just one. Granted, the latter may have just been to diversify the mage lineup, but I think the former is something to keep in mind at the very least.

Kozaki was mostly known for doing the No More Heroes' designs.

28 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Mirela & Miruna: Are they both guys? Both girls? A guy and a girl? I can't tell.

miruna sounds like a guy's name

Characters are what I expect from a game due to FE frequently reusing character archetypes. 2D sprites on a 3D map  indicates that they are likely using an upgraded version of the in-house Fates engine. Given I personally do not enjoy Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn's 3D models, this is fine. Kotaro Yamada seems to be a generic choice IMO, but character art (if Yamada is indeed doing it)  might change my opinion. Fully-voiced sequences are also a plus thanks to Warriors and Echoes.

Until something official comes, I am on the fence about the leaks. Secondhand sources tend to be hit-or-miss at best and completely wrong at worst.

The only idea I really want to be real is the amiibo implementation. The updated maps would be a treat to see. Old enemies and villains in hd!

The weapon reward is neat, but I would prefer it to just be regalia in general from the respective amiibo's game. Hopefully the maps are challenging. (Unlike the amiibo maps in Echoes) (Accessories would be a welcome prize as well...)

I just had an epiphany. The Jagen who (unfortunately) shares my name may have been named that for a couple of reasons:

1. Huon of Bordeaux: A nephew of Charlemagne and a knight in the Crusades, supposedly met with the fairy king Oberon and married a Saracen princess. This gives us why he's a Great Knight and the overall religious motives to the humans of this game.

2. The Huon Pine: A tree that grows in Tasmania, Australia and is the world's slowest growing trees. That explains his old age and (probably) low growths.

Meaning that whether or not Miss Leaker is faking it, she's Australian. Which would explain the fact how her "leaks" usually come out at a convenient time on an Australian timezone.

3 hours ago, Hawkatana said:

I just had an epiphany. The Jagen who (unfortunately) shares my name may have been named that for a couple of reasons:

1. Huon of Bordeaux: A nephew of Charlemagne and a knight in the Crusades, supposedly met with the fairy king Oberon and married a Saracen princess. This gives us why he's a Great Knight and the overall religious motives to the humans of this game.

2. The Huon Pine: A tree that grows in Tasmania, Australia and is the world's slowest growing trees. That explains his old age and (probably) low growths.

Meaning that whether or not Miss Leaker is faking it, she's Australian. Which would explain the fact how her "leaks" usually come out at a convenient time on an Australian timezone.

inb4 she'll confirm what you just said

Ya know, last time people were writing off stuff as fake I ended up on the side of team "maybe" only for it to turn out to be accurate.

So here? I'm "maybe" on it. There's absolutely nothing to confirm or deny it, so either extreme is too much.
Though I kinda want it to be real just for the reactions from all the people writing it off as fake.

On 10/23/2017 at 4:49 PM, Hawkatana said:

Kotaro Yamada as the artist? He has worked on the series before, but him as the MAIN ARTIST? Unlikely.

Here's something interesting I dug up: Heroes has had two sets of trial maps themed after a specific artist. The first was Kozaki. The second? Yamada. He's only drawn two characters for Heroes (Lyn and her variants + Narcian)-- though he also did the art for the FE6 manga. 4 out of 5 of Kozaki's maps had characters he designed featured in them-- Yamada's instead focused on FE6, with Narcian and Lyn sprinkled in other maps (and on odd Hoshidan sibling one).

This definitely raises eyebrows-- you'd think instead they'd have gone with Senri Kata, who had drawn three characters (and is currently tied with him at 4 total) by the time of the Yamada event and is also far more closely tied to the series (being the artist for the Radiant games, I believe).

If this is fake, it's definitely pretty clever.
EDIT: I just found out that the maps are based on characters used by the actual artists-- so things have definitely become less eyebrow raising/intriguing. Though the fact that Senri Kata also plays does leave things open.

Edited by The DanMan

Only one thing this is missing, and if it isnt revealed sooner or later I have my doubts. Half joking half serious here.

If you are going to do vampires and monsters, you need a vampire/monster hunter. Im talking like Van Helsing or Bloodborne here. Long coat, crossbow, etc. If this is what the game is going to be, vampires and humans, then that needs to be there. It just has to, you cant do this type of thing without it.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Only one thing this is missing, and if it isnt revealed sooner or later I have my doubts. Half joking half serious here.

If you are going to do vampires and monsters, you need a vampire/monster hunter. Im talking like Van Helsing or Bloodborne here. Long coat, crossbow, etc. If this is what the game is going to be, vampires and humans, then that needs to be there. It just has to, you cant do this type of thing without it.

there was a hunter class mentioned so maybe the return of crossbows