FE16 "leaks"

23 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

"They learned nothing from Fates"

"F*ck no Yamada"

"Sounds like shitty fanfiction"

"Lol fake"

They're just mad.

They're also downvoting people who want kids to return into oblivion.

What a bunch of babies.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/29/2017 at 12:32 AM, Lord_Grima said:

Hide contents
  • Artist - Kotaro Yamada. Drew Lyn and Narcian in FE:Heroes.

Not to be rude,but I feel that they wouldn't choose that artist for an full fledged fire emblem game, especially of this style. All of their art that I have seen is bright and colorful, and it would totally clash with the style of "gothic horror".

Edited by Tuvy

Never mind the Reddit posts, just take a look at the ones on 4Chan, I know it's 4Chan, but HOLY SHIT this comment is beyond scummy. *WARNING. EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE*

HOLY SHIT.PNG

The funny thing is, it sounds actually like something they would do it's kind of crazy. Of course, we'll have to see if, in the end, it's true or not. If not, well, that sounds actually pretty cool.

Something that I've been thinking about: the leak says you can choose the base weapon for the avatar.  Could it be to better synergize with re-classing... or because re-classing is gone?

SD and NME had very little difference for units when class changed (generally just their hair color); the 3DS games used generic class models and basically just headswapped when a character reclassed. Fates, however, introduced the ability to class change via partner and buddy seals; Warriors took that further by letting anyone learn a character's specific skill as long as they had supported them and you had the right materials.

Could it be that, due to models being much higher quality, they axed re-classing? Just swapping the heads already looks sorta goofy, and it would stand out even more with higher quality models. And one of the biggest allures of class changing is skills. Could characters not be able to class change, instead being able to learn skills from support partners and being able to choose the avatar's weapon type is consolation for not being able to choose re-class options?

27 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Something that I've been thinking about: the leak says you can choose the base weapon for the avatar.  Could it be to better synergize with re-classing... or because re-classing is gone?

SD and NME had very little difference for units when class changed (generally just their hair color); the 3DS games used generic class models and basically just headswapped when a character reclassed. Fates, however, introduced the ability to class change via partner and buddy seals; Warriors took that further by letting anyone learn a character's specific skill as long as they had supported them and you had the right materials.

Could it be that, due to models being much higher quality, they axed re-classing? Just swapping the heads already looks sorta goofy, and it would stand out even more with higher quality models. And one of the biggest allures of class changing is skills. Could characters not be able to class change, instead being able to learn skills from support partners and being able to choose the avatar's weapon type is consolation for not being able to choose re-class options?

That... would be goddamn kickass.

@Captain Karnage Uh... I see you're drastically uninformed, judging by your comment on Mangs' video.

The Kozaki art was from a compilation artbook of his and not directly tied to this. Miss Leaker used it in an OP to draw attention, but specifically said that it wasn't from the game. On top of that, can you name any point where it has "contradicted" itself?

Edited by The DanMan

I'd love for this to be true, mostly because I'm big on vampires and making the story darker and more gothic would at the very least ensure a cutback on the wacky anime nature of the characters. Also a morally dubious main character would be great as long as they have the courage to admit that's what the character is *Cough Conquest Cough*

Ok, after watching Mangs' video, reading comments there and at the reddit post, and going back through all the leaks; I've updated the compilation to give a little more detail or clarify some parts(and add some small details I missed). I've underlined most of my edits. As I've said before, please tell me if I missed anything, or if you want more clarification on something. Enjoy :)

FE16 - Fire Emblem: New Moon

"Leak" Compilation V - 1.2

Story Info:

Spoiler
  • A Gothic Horror theme. Darker and more mature, but not "M" rated. More like the Jugdral games.
  • Two sides - Humans and Kibaire.
  • Avatar plays a more Villainous role. Camus-like anti-hero.
  • The Fire Emblem - An ancient sundial. Gathers mystical energies from the sun and the moon. Can either empower or destroy the Kibaire. Both Sides are seeking it.

Characters:

Spoiler

Humans:

• Alain - Knight Errant class. Protagonist. Uses a Sword. Follows the dominant organized religion and upholds it with his life, as the church sees the Kibaires as threats to all humans. Is tasked with uniting the humans in a war against the Kibaire.
  • Huon - The "Jagen". A laid-back Great Knight. Past his prime. Aids Alain on his mission.
  • Gwendolen - Myrmidon. Self- Proclaimed Kibaire Hunter.
  • Godfrey - Class Unknown. A knight said to resort to extreme measures. 

Kibaire:

·        Dracul (Avatar) - Vassal Class. Camus-like Anti-hero. Bastard Prince(ss) to one of the several kingdoms of the Kibaire. Believes devoutly that the Kibaire should be the ones to lead the world into a “new Era”. Special weapon gives bonuses against humans. Might be able to choose personality.

• Mirela – Wizard Class. “Christmas Cavaliers/Cain & Abel”. Known for their wizard prowess. Optimistic and energetic.
  • Miruna – Wizard Class. “Christmas Cavaliers/Cain & Abel”. Known for their wizard prowess. Quieter and Calmer.
  • Felix – Impaler Class. Recruited from bandits (Navarre).

Classes:

Spoiler

Humans:

• Knight Errant - Alain's Class. Mounted, Sword. Gains Lances on promotion.
  • Hunter
  • Monk
  • Bard

Kibaire:

• Vassal - Avatar's Class. Player chooses weapon type. Second proficiency on promotion.
  • Witch
  • Summoner
  • Succubus – A dancer-like class.
  • Imp - Functions like a thief.
  • Impaler - Lance using class.
  • Moonshifter/ "Laurel Wreath" - 3 "tribes". Wolf, Bat, Dragon. More like the Taguel, Wolfskin, and Kitsune than the Laguz.
  • Hippogriff Rider - Flying, Bows. Might be female exclusive, at least default is.
  • Dark Rider - Mounted, Swords and Axes.
  • Merman - Pirate-like.
  • Phantom - Anima Mage.
  • Vestal - Variation of the cleric.
  • Wizards - New name for dark mages.

Mechanics:

Spoiler
  • Balance of old and new mechanics. Trying to please both sides of the fanbase.
  • Returning Features:
    • Supports - Marriages, no children.
    • Pair-up
    • Weapon Triangle - Pre-Fates.
    • 3 Types of Magic - Dark, Light, Anima.
    • Skills
      • Sol and Luna - effects are swapped.
    • Wireless multiplayer
      • V.S.
      • Double Duel - Similar to Awakening's mode.
      • Arena - 4 player Free-For-All from the GBA era.
  • New Features:
    • Day/ Night Cycle – Plays a role in the types on encounters on the Overworld. Stronger Monsters appear at night.
  • Amiibo - Unlock special maps against enemies themed from the map's origin. When beaten, you unlock an S-rank weapon. Elincia's Gambit, Hinoka, Leo (the chapters), and Marth's Embarks are among them.
  • 3ds style aesthetics. 2D sprites on a 3D environment.
  • Full Voice Acting. Avatar's name is skipped (not said).

Edited by Lord_Grima

2 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

Just when I thought we could catch a break... http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/395525430Capture7.thumb.PNG.3346a21ebaef398fdfb1144a1fa0c7d3.PNG

Capture8.PNG

Okay, more Hawk Talks it seems:

Plot: Eeeeeh... It's alright, but how much do you want to bet Samael is some kind of Dragon?

Mangs fangasm: Okay, if your senpai is a bald Norwegian man who's bad at video games, sure... You do you I guess.

Pronunciation: thought so.

Classes: Yes! The Myrmidon & the Mercenary are in the same game! Also I get the feeling that the thing on the models sorta makes sense.

Day/night cycle expansion:  +30?! That's a bit much.

Cross-party Skirmish: I have no comments.

8 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

MMMMMMM... *Mother of god...*

NITFLUX.PNG

What was the question answered?

But yeah, some specific gameplay details seem fishy. That's what I've been most skeptical of; the basic idea and stuff I find believable, but some of this sounds too outlandish. 

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

What was the question answered?

But yeah, some specific gameplay details seem fishy. That's what I've been most skeptical of; the basic idea and stuff I find believable, but some of this sounds too outlandish. 

Whether or not she's Australian, due to her posts being convenient to the average Australian, turns out she's from New Zealand.

According to the leak, the game is gonna be shown off mid-December to mid-January. It's quite a big time gap however it could be interesting if they have another FE Direct like this year.

Don't know if I'm onboard with characters having the same model for different classes.  It doesn't seem like it would make a lot of sense to have a character with the same model as a Mage that they would have as an Armor Knight.

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

According to the leak, the game is gonna be shown off mid-December to mid-January. It's quite a big time gap however it could be interesting if they have another FE Direct like this year.

I'm gonna have to keep this in my mind.  Hopefully it'll be a good indicator of whether or not the leaks are legitimate when the time comes.

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

That's a super safe window, though. If it does get shown off then, the rumor doesn't get points for it but we'll be able to put it to rest at least.

Well, more leaks == new update on the Compilation (and I just updated it as well...). 

FE16 - Fire Emblem: New Moon

"Leak" Compilation V - 2.2

Story Info:

Spoiler
  • A Gothic Horror theme. Darker and more mature, but not "M" rated. More like the Jugdral games.
  • Back Story:
    • 3000 Years ago - On the continent of Vrancea, 2 races came to inhabit the land: The Humans, and the native Kibaires. They fought for supremacy, but were always in a standstill.
    • 600 Years ago – The Humans were blessed by the god Samael with a bloodline marked by a brand on a worthy scion’s body. The Kibaires retreated into the deep forests where the light could not reach.
    • The victorious humans called themselves “the Children of Light” and formed the Holy Kingdom of Arges, home of the branded’s divine providence. The Kibaires were labeled as “the Children of Darkness” and the forests they live in became the kingdom of Covasna with tall castles to protect them from the humans.
  • Two sides - Humans and Kibaire (pronounced KEY-Buy-Er).
  • Avatar plays a more Villainous role. Camus-like anti-hero.
  • The Fire Emblem - An ancient sundial. Gathers mystical energies from the sun and the moon. Can either empower or destroy the Kibaire. Both Sides are seeking it.

Characters:

Spoiler

Humans:

• Alain - Knight Errant class. Protagonist. Uses a Sword. Follows the dominant organized religion and upholds it with his life, as the church sees the Kibaires as threats to all humans. Is tasked with uniting the humans in a war against the Kibaire.
  • Huon - The "Jagen". A laid-back Great Knight. Past his prime. Aids Alain on his mission.
  • Gwendolen - Myrmidon. Self- Proclaimed Kibaire Hunter.
  • Godfrey - Class Unknown. A knight said to resort to extreme measures. 

Kibaire:

• Dracul (Avatar) - Vassal Class. Camus-like Anti-hero. Bastard Prince(ss) to one of the several kingdoms of the Kibaire. Believes devoutly that the Kibaire should be the ones to lead the world into a “new Era”. Special weapon gives bonuses against humans. Might be able to choose personality.
  • Mirela – Wizard Class. “Christmas Cavaliers/Cain & Abel”. Known for their wizard prowess. Optimistic and energetic.
  • Miruna – Wizard Class. “Christmas Cavaliers/Cain & Abel”. Known for their wizard prowess. Quieter and Calmer.
  • Felix – Impaler Class. Recruited from bandits (Navarre).

Classes:

Spoiler

Humans:

• Knight Errant - Alain's Class. Mounted, Sword. Gains Lances on promotion.
  • Hunter
  • Monk
  • Bard
  • Cavalier
  • Armor Knight
  • Myrmidon
  • Fighter
  • Soldier
  • Archer
  • Mage
  • Cleric
  • Pegasus Knight
  • Mercenary
  • Barbarian

Kibaire:

• Vassal - Avatar's Class. Player chooses weapon type. Second proficiency on promotion.
  • Witch
  • Summoner
  • Succubus – A dancer-like class.
  • Imp - Functions like a thief.
  • Impaler - Lance using class.
  • Moonshifter/ "Laurel Wreath" - 3 "tribes". Wolf, Bat, Dragon. More like the Taguel, Wolfskin, and Kitsune than the Laguz.
  • Hippogriff Rider - Flying, Bows. Might be female exclusive, at least default is.
  • Dark Rider - Mounted, Swords and Axes.
  • Merman - Pirate-like.
  • Phantom - Anima Mage.
  • Vestal - Variation of the cleric.
  • Wizards - New name for dark mages.

Mechanics:

Spoiler
  • Balance of old and new mechanics. Trying to please both sides of the fanbase.
  • Returning Features:
    • Supports - Marriages, no children.
    • Pair-up
    • Weapon Triangle - Pre-Fates.
    • 3 Types of Magic - Dark, Light, Anima.
    • Skills
      • Sol and Luna - effects are swapped.
    • Reclassing & Promoting
      • Only base and promoted models. Quote below.
      • “they only have 2 models: their base class & their promotion, so if Miruna reclasses to a phantom (just an example), she'll still look the same, when she promotes to whatever the wizard promotes to (I don't know yet), she'll look different, but otherwise, if she reclasses to a promoted class, she will have her "promoted" model.”
    • Wireless multiplayer
      • V.S.
      • Double Duel - Similar to Awakening's mode.
      • Arena - 4 player Free-For-All from the GBA era.
    • Weapon Durability returns
  • New Features:
    • Day/ Night Cycle
      • Plays a role in the types on encounters on the Overworld. Stronger Monsters appear at night.
      • Sol & Luna’s activation rates are doubled. (Sol during the day, Luna during the night).
      • Kibaires gain +30 Hit/Avoid during the Night.
      • Humans gain +30 Hit/Avoid during the Day.
  • World Map will be similar to Echoes: SoV, where you control 2 parties simultaneously.
    • They can interact in a skirmish against each other (exactly the way they were left) by having the party you want to control engage the other. The winner can take items from the loser’s convoy and gain Exp.
  • Amiibo - Unlock special maps against enemies themed from the map's origin. When beaten, you unlock an S-rank weapon. Elincia's Gambit, Hinoka, Leo (the chapters), and Marth's Embarks are among them.
  • 3ds style aesthetics. 2D sprites on a 3D environment to be more in line with your playthrough.
  • "Animated" cutscenes use the models of the characters.
  • Full Voice Acting. Avatar's name is skipped (not said).
  • No 3rd tier classes.

Edited by Lord_Grima