FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, okay: Miss Leaker fangirled over Mangs due to him putting out a video today.

They also addressed reclassing by saying that characters would keep their design/model even when re-classed... and I'd made a post in this thread about how I thought re-classing could be cut due to it looking awkward with higher-quality models. Also today.

This makes things suspicious.

Edited by The DanMan

11 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

So, okay: Miss Leaker fangirled over Mangs due to him putting out a video today.

They also addressed reclassing by saying that characters would keep their design/model even when re-classed... and I'd made a post in this thread about how I thought re-classing could be cut due to it looking awkward with higher-quality models. Also today.

This makes things suspicious.

Yes, that is suspicious, but not overtly so. Could possibly be a coincidence. 

Current running theory: The broad strokes are correct, but Miss Leaker is fudging the details, changing, adding or removing things to address questions.

If you're reading this (which I know you are): Do you know how skills are learned? Are they character-specific like the Jugdral games? Can they be assigned with items like Thracia and the Tellius games? Are they learned by leveling, like Awakening and Fates?

7 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Yes, that is suspicious, but not overtly so. Could possibly be a coincidence. 

Current running theory: The broad strokes are correct, but Miss Leaker is fudging the details, changing, adding or removing things to address questions.

If you're reading this (which I know you are): Do you know how skills are learned? Are they character-specific like the Jugdral games? Can they be assigned with items like Thracia and the Tellius games? Are they learned by leveling, like Awakening and Fates?

I've really almost done a 180. Not 3 hours ago I was "key stuff is correct but some of the tidbits are fishy"; now I'm "a couple safe guess with mostly BS".

Miss Leaker, why not come join us over at this thread and cut out the middle man?

Also the idea of models being kept regardless of class really excites me! Sure it may not work for all characters, but maybe this grants an opportunity for IS to create multiple portraits only based on those 2 classes making scenes more dynamic!

A Mangs video on the same day as an update. Interesting...

Plot: Sounds par for the course.

Classes: Again, standard, with two key points. One, what's up with the Barbarian class? I can't think of a reason to have them and Fighters both be playable. Maybe they're filling in for Pirates. Two, I hope Hunters aren't just slightly different archers. I don't need two bow users who have few differences.

Reclassing: I wouldn't be surprised to this come back, considering the uses of the system in the 3DS games.

Day/Effects: I don't know how I feel about +30 hit/avoid. Echoes only got away with it because magic ignored terrain, I'm worried this would force players to use each party when the cycle is in their favor, which kind of nullifies the ability to use both them at once.

Party Skirmish: I'm not sure what pros and cons this might bring, but for some reason the idea is funny to me.

3 hours ago, Captain Vulgar said:

Miss Leaker, why not come join us over at this thread and cut out the middle man?

Also the idea of models being kept regardless of class really excites me! Sure it may not work for all characters, but maybe this grants an opportunity for IS to create multiple portraits only based on those 2 classes making scenes more dynamic!

Eh... Fuck it.

Yeah the whole skirmishing against your own party thing seems super unlikely. That, plus the fact that I highly doubt anyone privy to this information would be familiar with mangs, makes me doubt the legitimacy of this post. Also the whole + 30% avoid seems far to extreme. This is fake. Calling it now.

2 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Yeah the whole skirmishing against your own party thing seems super unlikely. That, plus the fact that I highly doubt anyone privy to this information would be familiar with mangs, makes me doubt the legitimacy of this post. Also the whole + 30% avoid seems far to extreme. This is fake. Calling it now.

You'd be surprised how effective asking nicely is.

21 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

The +30% avoid justifies being called extreme, but IS kept worse conditions when they released echoes.

26 minutes ago, Mis Leaker said:

I started writing that before you made your post here, so I didn’t know you’d see it, but even still, I just don’t believe you. This whole leak just seems highly unlikely the more I think about it. Why would some girl in new Zeland know this information? How did you convinently get more information the day mangs made a video about your leaks? 30% avoid is just way to high a bonus. I can’t imagine the game would feel very fair at that point. It also seems unlikely that you could just fight your other party and it not being some plot important event. The whole thing sounds iffy. To top things off, why should I even believe you’re the real leaker? You just as easily could be a troll. If you were an employee of Nintendo who just leaked a game, it would seem like a bad idea to put yourself out there this much. You could be fired. Of course you could also not work at Nintendo, I guess. What do I know?

Edited by Jonahtron

Honestly, anyone can make a post saying that they have information about the game and write a bunch of fan fiction. Without any actual evidence, this should just be considered an elaborate troll. 

39 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Honestly, anyone can make a post saying that they have information about the game and write a bunch of fan fiction. Without any actual evidence, this should just be considered an elaborate troll. 

This, lol. It's just a cry for attention.

5 hours ago, Mis Leaker said:

Welcome to Serenes Forest! I've loved reading your 4chan posts until now so it's great to finally meet you in person (or as close to "in person" as you can get on the internet :P)

Do you know anything about weapon durability? (Also, why was "Miss Leaker" taken? O_o)

51 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Welcome to Serenes Forest! I've loved reading your 4chan posts until now so it's great to finally meet you in person (or as close to "in person" as you can get on the internet :P)

Do you know anything about weapon durability? (Also, why was "Miss Leaker" taken? O_o)

It's great to be here! I won't be able to be here to often though. Sorry... I'm not sure about weapon durability, I think it might be back, but don't quote me on that. As for the name, that was just a typo I don't know how to fix.

3 minutes ago, Mis Leaker said:

It's great to be here! I won't be able to be here to often though. Sorry... I'm not sure about weapon durability, I think it might be back, but don't quote me on that. As for the name, that was just a typo I don't know how to fix.

Ah, that explains it :P

1 hour ago, Mis Leaker said:

Lurker, and got tired of this shit.

Hey leaker. Why not just stop pretending to make up stuff and for the sake of trolling? Unless you have some footage, you should save your fanfiction time and do something actually productive. I'm trying to help you here.

@Miss Leaker Hooh boy. I'm someone who went from mostly on board with this stuff to... mostly not on board with this stuff.

Your most recent post kinda damned you. Too many unbelievable gameplay aspects (hit/avoid +30 during the day and night? Being able to skirmish with the party you aren't controlling at the time?), as well as very suspicious timing (surfacing hours after Mang's video... in which you initially fangirl over in your post; pretty much directly addressing my theory about re-classing being cut the same day I posted it).

Either post something substantial/visual, or realize you've "lost" and are just wasting everyone's' time with your little publicity stunt.

12 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Hey, guys, chill out.

I agree. I would like proof, but we could dial things back a bit. Even if it's fake, it's been nice speculating.

I personally like what's been said mechanics-wise. (not the +30% avoid though, that can die in rng hell for all I care)

Guys, calm the fuck down, pointing a finger & shouting "FAAAAAAKE!" isn't going to solve anything. I personally find it hard to believe, but at least give her a chance to explain herself.

One thing i've noticed about the leak info, if true, is that it describes a lot of classes that are genetic on the dark side. So if a lot of the dark side's classes are genetic, and the dark side units are playable...

...Doesn't that imply that this game might not allow for much class-changing? I mean I like class changing but it would be interesting to see a modern fire emblem game go back to the old fixed class system.