FE16 "leaks"

40 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

One thing i've noticed about the leak info, if true, is that it describes a lot of classes that are genetic on the dark side. So if a lot of the dark side's classes are genetic, and the dark side units are playable...

...Doesn't that imply that this game might not allow for much class-changing? I mean I like class changing but it would be interesting to see a modern fire emblem game go back to the old fixed class system.

Do you mean that the classes are only exclusive to one side? Like someone from the light could never change into a class from the dark?

Buuuuut I can see how generic classes for both sides would keep things from being one-sided. I feel that a lot of folks would get frustrated if cavs and mages were exclusive to different sides.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Captain Vulgar said:

Do you mean that the classes are only exclusive to one side? Like someone from the light could never change into a class from the dark?

Buuuuut I can see how generic classes for both sides would keep things from being one-sided. I feel that a lot of folks would get frustrated if cavs and mages were exclusive to different sides.

No I mean how exactly is one supposed to class change from a mermaid to a succubus? So many of the dark side’s classes are just monster races and not professions you could conceivably switch to.

43 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

Guys, calm the fuck down, pointing a finger & shouting "FAAAAAAKE!" isn't going to solve anything. I personally find it hard to believe, but at least give her a chance to explain herself.

I’m not trying to solve anything by saying I think it’s fake. What would I be trying to solve anyways? I’m simply starting my opinion. I think this is fake and mis leaker is a troll. I’d be happy to be proven wrong, but that’s not really possible at the moment.

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

No I mean how exactly is one supposed to class change from a mermaid to a succubus? So many of the dark side’s classes are just monster races and not professions you could conceivably switch to.

Maybe it's just a name. Like the oni fighters in Fates weren't really oni.

2 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

I’m not trying to solve anything by saying I think it’s fake. What would I be trying to solve anyways? I’m simply starting my opinion. I think this is fake and mis leaker is a troll. I’d be happy to be proven wrong, but that’s not really possible at the moment.

I think it's likely that it's fake, but does that mean she's a troll? The ideas have sparked a discussion and shown interesting ideas. Personally, the characters and story don't sound all too interesting to me intially, but I really adore some aspects of this idea.

50 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

Guys, calm the fuck down, pointing a finger & shouting "FAAAAAAKE!" isn't going to solve anything. I personally find it hard to believe, but at least give her a chance to explain herself.

We have the very right to flame the leaker, because she can be a troll and still pretend to be calm and continue to promote her fantasies by faking it as leak. Plus, she hasn't proven herself worthy of our trusts, so why should we? I'm staying on the side of negative against her until proven otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Atsushi Giovanna said:

We have the very right to flame the leaker, because she can be a troll and still pretend to be calm and continue to promote her fantasies by faking it as leak. Plus, she hasn't proven herself worthy of our trusts, so why should we? I'm staying on the side of negative against her until proven otherwise.

That's not how that works, that's just extremely childish.

3 minutes ago, Atsushi Giovanna said:

Okay, maybe we should calm down a bit. We're just talking about video games here, we don't need to go into issues of trust or "flaming" someone over these leaks.

3 minutes ago, Captain Vulgar said:

Maybe it's just a name. Like the oni fighters in Fates weren't really oni.

I think it's likely that it's fake, but does that mean she's a troll? The ideas have sparked a discussion and shown interesting ideas. Personally, the characters and story don't sound all too interesting to me intially, but I really adore some aspects of this idea.

Yes it would mean she’s a troll. If this is fake, than she clearly just wants attention. Why else would she post more info the day mangs a video on the leak? She wouldn’t be trying to start a conversation.

I would really love for this to be real but I'm still on the fence of course. However to the people who say fighting your own party doesn't make sense, Tactics ogre TKoL did the same thing and it was fine.

The whole 30% avoid thing though... Ehhh. At best it could just be an idea that IS would scrap. Obviously at worst this is fake.

3 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Yes it would mean she’s a troll. If this is fake, than she clearly just wants attention. Why else would she post more info the day mangs a video on the leak? She wouldn’t be trying to start a conversation.

See, now that sort of thing is super suspicious, but that doesn't mean we now need to hound her for evidence. (Some proof would be nice though) We could afford to be a bit more civil.

9 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

Okay, maybe we should calm down a bit. We're just talking about video games here, we don't need to go into issues of trust or "flaming" someone over these leaks.

Guys, get over it. Even in the case that this fake, what does it matter? We at least got some interesting shit out of it. There should be NO REASON to crucify someone on the internet for making a fake leak. You're being as bad as the guys on Reddit.

4 minutes ago, Captain Vulgar said:

See, now that sort of thing is super suspicious, but that doesn't mean we now need to hound her for evidence. (Some proof would be nice though) We could afford to be a bit more civil.

I wasn’t really asking for evidence.  That isn’t really possible at the moment. Someone would loose their job for that. I’m just saying that it seems highly unlikely, partly because a lot of these mechanics sound pretty bad, like the 30% avoid and the skirmishing you’re other party.

1 minute ago, Jonahtron said:

I wasn’t really asking for evidence.  That isn’t really possible at the moment. Someone would loose their job for that. I’m just saying that it seems highly unlikely, partly because a lot of these mechanics sound pretty bad, like the 30% avoid and the skirmishing you’re other party.

That's true, but is she the employee, or is the "info" from another source? People have leaked bigger things before.

And

I really could do without the +30% avoid in any situation. The skirmishing is an on the fence thing for me. Like, what if I grind one team too hard, encounter them, and get utterly destroyed with my current party? I see that mechanic failing in that aspect.

The only way i can see 30% avoid being a thing is if Magic will once again ignore evasion rates.

17 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

Guys, get over it. Even in the case that this fake, what does it matter? We at least got some interesting shit out of it. There should be NO REASON to crucify someone on the internet for making a fake leak. You're being as bad as the guys on Reddit.

All of this. I don't believe the leak myself (as cool as some of the ideas sound) but just because it's fake doesn't mean we should attack the "leaker." 

1 hour ago, Hawkatana said:

Did I come on to her too hard? Yes. But such is the whiplash brought on by the most recent "update" from her; I, one of the people who was the most on board with it, heavily doubt it now.

Yeah, I felt sorta mislead. But really, all we can do know is wait and see if she digs the grave further or actually climbs back out.

Whether you believe her or not, there's no excuse to attack or insult her.

As for the recent news, most of it is believable. 30% avoid/ hit is extreme - and I agree it may be nerfed later - but it does encourage you to use the day/ night cycle effectively. As for the skirmishes, I was wondering if you'd trade items between the two teams and this is a logical way to do it. Also, since EXP gain drop-off is a thing, you can't use skirmishes as an infinite source of grinding.

As for the re-classing @Mis Leaker, what happens if someone gets/ loses a mount? While everyone having the same two models is a fair compromise between high quality models and resource management, I have to wonder if there's a set of generic mounts that a unit gets assigned if they need one.

P.S. As an aside, do you have any knowledge about FEH? If not, do you have any idea how the last leak happened (and possibly why we haven't had one since)?

Thanks again!

Edit: Is the Mila's Turnwheel mechanic returning?

Edited by DefyingFates

I'm personally holding judgement until we get more information, but I do have some doubts.

The idea itself sounds pretty interesting, but I'm worried about how it will be executed. One of the reasons that villain protagonists are uncommon is because it's hard to make a villain protagonist that people can relate to and potentially root for. So a villain avatar might be difficult for people to get behind. Also, the idea of characters bound by species rather than classes is something that might be a bit restraining gameplay-wise. Species shouldn't make character classes, unless we get one ability connected solely to species and the rest are from class.

If it does turn out to be true, great. If not, well, I'm still hoping for my Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War remake.

2 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

If it does turn out to be true, great. If not, well, I'm still hoping for my Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War remake.

I'm hoping for my FE4 to be reborn in glorious HD too.

14 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

I'm not sure... But a part of me thinks that it'll just be ignored and that they'll just do it.

Or the item used to be class changed stated it would alter their race/skill or whatever.

Also, I don't think a mermaid to a succubus would be possible, bc if IIRC, the leak stated the succubus would be the Kibaire's version of a dancer

These leaks feel kind of believable in that they go in-line with what IS would do, but I have my doubts about the leaker's credibility. 

Actual thoughts:

-The main character and avatar having separate paths like Alm and Celica is actually pretty cool and something I never thought of. Its even cooler that they are fighting on opposing sides and can actually battle one another on the world map. My only hope is that they eventually join parties in some chapter / ark before the final battle, though that has a huge chance of being poorly executed.

-Mechanics seem p. good. Weapon triangle in Fates wasn't terrible, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the previous system better, so I'm glad its back. Pair up is a mechanic I really like and allows for some intricate strategy, but I hope its effects are nerfed a bit, mainly dual attack.

-Amiibo functions seem like a nice balance between getting cool rewards and immersion. Fates had cool reward characters, but sort of ruined the immersion of the game and it was the opposite in echoes.

-I'm fine with a darker theme, but I am really hoping that the developers don't completely drain the game of color in the process. One element of Fire emblem that has always been consistent is the memorable and colorful designs of the characters and I'm scared it will be lost in this game.

-Story seems like it could be interesting, but their's a lot of potential to mess it up. The "protagonist" clearly seem like the bad guys in this game.

39 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

-The main character and avatar having separate paths like Alm and Celica is actually pretty cool and something I never thought of. Its even cooler that they are fighting on opposing sides and can actually battle one another on the world map. My only hope is that they eventually join parties in some chapter / ark before the final battle, though that has a huge chance of being poorly executed.

-Story seems like it could be interesting, but their's a lot of potential to mess it up. The "protagonist" clearly seem like the bad guys in this game.

That first point is something that has been done before in Fire Emblem 10. It was definitely interesting, but I hope that things could be improved upon. I had a lot of trouble with the Dawn Brigade VS Greil Mercenary portions when I was playing as Dawn Brigade. Especially since I kept accidentally stealing units when I played as the Greil Mercenaries.

There is definitely potential for messing up with a protagonist on the "evil" side. It's one of the main things I'm concerned about.

One thing I'm interested in knowing assuming all the leaks are 100% on point is what is the relations of all 3 Moonshifter tribes? And is there any tension between the Moonshifters and the Vampires especially those of the Wolf tribe? I always like the Werewolf vs Vampire dilemma in things like Underworld for instance as I think it adds some interesting friction and rivalry plus just because Monster A and Monster B are both monsters does not mean they would be friends or teamed up with each other.

One thing I'm interested in knowing assuming all the leaks are 100% on point is what is the relations of all 3 Moonshifter tribes? And is there any tension between the Moonshifters and the Vampires especially those of the Wolf tribe? I always like the Werewolf vs Vampire dilemma in things like Underworld for instance as I think it adds some interesting friction and rivalry plus just because Monster A and Monster B are both monsters does not mean they would be friends or teamed up with each other.