FE16 "leaks"

1 minute ago, ElectiveToast said:

Does anyone have any idea of a Nintendo Direct happening this month? Since we’re approaching holiday season, now would be a good time for Nintendo to show us if 4chan can be trusted after all. 

Only a Xenoblade 2 Direct this week, as far as I know, and it's highly unlikely Nintendo would do two directs in the same month. So I'd say we have either next month or January at least before a proper announcement of FE16, and any idea of these leaks' authenticity.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, LukeMCFC141 said:

Only a Xenoblade 2 Direct this week, as far as I know, and it's highly unlikely Nintendo would do two directs in the same month. So I'd say we have either next month or January at least before a proper announcement of FE16, and any idea of these leaks' authenticity.

Since it’s very early November, one could happen at the very end. We’ll wait and see I suppose. 

But yeah, the most likely bull. Anything but full paragon hero is simply something that Nintendo would never do. 

12 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Does anyone have any idea of a Nintendo Direct happening this month? Since we’re approaching holiday season, now would be a good time for Nintendo to show us if 4chan can be trusted after all. 

I'm really hoping next month, but it'll be a big kind of direct. Probably similar to the one back in January. We'll probably get an initial trailer that spans 3 minutes at most. I don't think what we'll see is a teaser since the game comes out next year.

Edited by Captain Vulgar

10 minutes ago, Captain Vulgar said:

I'm really hoping next month, but it'll be a big kind of direct. Probably similar to the one back in January. We'll probably get an initial trailer that spans 3 minutes at most. I don't think what we'll see is a teaser since the game comes out next year.

A fifteen second teaser would be enough for me. We just need a look at the aesthetics, and if it doesn’t look like something out of a Halloween show, it likely isn’t vampires. 

A fifteen second teaser would be enough for me. We just need a look at the aesthetics, and if it doesn’t look like something out of a Halloween show, it likely isn’t vampires. 

Oh so just something sufficient to deny or confirm the leaks. 15 seconds is too short though, yeah? At least a minute or 45 seconds. Hell, both SMT V teasers are about 1 min 30 sec and odds are that game is further away than this one.

29 minutes ago, Captain Vulgar said:

Oh so just something sufficient to deny or confirm the leaks. 15 seconds is too short though, yeah? At least a minute or 45 seconds. Hell, both SMT V teasers are about 1 min 30 sec and odds are that game is further away than this one.

How come 15 seconds is too short? A sneak peek at the world and a title would be a perfect teaser. Tells you just enough that you wanna know more.

How come 15 seconds is too short? A sneak peek at the world and a title would be a perfect teaser. Tells you just enough that you wanna know more.

I guess I'm just used to teasers being a bit longer. I suppose a good example of what you mean is like how they revealed Xenoblade 2 earlier this year. Minimal, short, but enough to make it's impact. 15 secs will do, but I really REALLY want just a little more. Like a glimpse of gameplay or something. Cause for all we know, the graphic fidelity of the teaser could just be for cinematics.

1 hour ago, Captain Vulgar said:

The funny thing about SMT5 is that it has a further away release (according to the devs) and yet it had a teaser before FE16 despite being announced at the same time. 

11 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

The funny thing about SMT5 is that it has a further away release (according to the devs) and yet it had a teaser before FE16 despite being announced at the same time. 

I didn't even think about that. Maybe it's because they already had high quality models to work with. I imagine that would expedite the process along with UR4's engine.

I wonder what engine FE16 will have. I'm sure it'll be something new for the system's releases.

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

In my case teasers don't really get my hyped, so I'd prefer them taking the fates route and release a trailer directly. I mean, seriously, how much can they show in 15 seconds? A landscape? A single battle? It would give me more irritation than curiosity.

2 hours ago, Sbuscoz said:

In my case teasers don't really get my hyped, so I'd prefer them taking the fates route and release a trailer directly. I mean, seriously, how much can they show in 15 seconds? A landscape? A single battle? It would give me more irritation than curiosity.

Fair point, I suppose, but many love to be given slight peeks at a game and left to figure out the rest for themselves. Myself included. 

8 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

I can see this working for Echoes or a game where we're returning to a certain continent, but if it's in a new world, it'll probably be too vague.

12 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I could definitely see a late December/Early January Direct happening, to give us a more solid idea of what games/amiibo's we'll be getting for 2018.

Made me wonder how many amiibo this game to going to get. I think 2 is a safe bet.

1 hour ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I could definitely see a late December/Early January Direct happening, to give us a more solid idea of what games/amiibo's we'll be getting for 2018.

I figure early January is the safest bet, but I hope we get a big direct late December.  I just want to know a bit about the world and the art style of FE 16 any other info would be great too.  As to amiibo I just hope they only do 2 or at most 3 since I would go broke if they have more then that.

1 hour ago, Mis Leaker said:

It's nothing huge, but I got some more dirt on the game. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/396567629

Weapon durability returning seems like a good idea but also a bad idea at the same time. While player learn to manage their resource, some might be reluctant to even use the good unique weapons, like back in Awakening. Why did they do this though? (Not complaining btw, I'm pretty neutral).

Story cutscene that uses game models is pretty understandable. I'm not sure about this, but hopefully it isn't a step down from Fates/Awakening's cutscene quality.

I can't say I'm happy about durability returning, but at least choosing what weapons to use will be simpler.

@Mis Leaker, do you know if durability will be more generous this time around, or if some weapons will be exempt from it (like the Falchion in FEA)? Also, I hope you don't read the comments no these 4chan threads - why does 4chan have to be so toxic?

4 hours ago, Atsushi Giovanna said:

I'm not sure about this, but hopefully it isn't a step down from Fates/Awakening's cutscene quality

It wouldn't take much to step down in some of those cutscenes if they're going to use in-game models again. I think that's why I have a hard time taking those games seriously at times. The models look almost goofy walking around and if you put any accessories on the mcs, you're in for some hilarity.

I'm sooo happy about durability returning, but I'm kinda sad there isn't any 3rd tier promotions. That's understandable with reclassing returning, but it would've been nice.

As for the cutscenes, I hope they'll be good. This explains why characters only have 2 models now. (Atleast it does for me) I really enjoyed the model cutscenes in Echoes, so I'm satisfied by this.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:14 PM, Lord_Grima said:

FE16 - Fire Emblem: New Moon

"Leak" Compilation V - 2.2

Story Info:

Reveal hidden contents
  • A Gothic Horror theme. Darker and more mature, but not "M" rated. More like the Jugdral games.
  • Back Story:
    • 3000 Years ago - On the continent of Vrancea, 2 races came to inhabit the land: The Humans, and the native Kibaires. They fought for supremacy, but were always in a standstill.
    • 600 Years ago – The Humans were blessed by the god Samael with a bloodline marked by a brand on a worthy scion’s body. The Kibaires retreated into the deep forests where the light could not reach.
    • The victorious humans called themselves “the Children of Light” and formed the Holy Kingdom of Arges, home of the branded’s divine providence. The Kibaires were labeled as “the Children of Darkness” and the forests they live in became the kingdom of Covasna with tall castles to protect them from the humans.
  • Two sides - Humans and Kibaire (pronounced KEY-Buy-Er).
  • Avatar plays a more Villainous role. Camus-like anti-hero.
  • The Fire Emblem - An ancient sundial. Gathers mystical energies from the sun and the moon. Can either empower or destroy the Kibaire. Both Sides are seeking it.

Characters:

Reveal hidden contents

Humans:

• Alain - Knight Errant class. Protagonist. Uses a Sword. Follows the dominant organized religion and upholds it with his life, as the church sees the Kibaires as threats to all humans. Is tasked with uniting the humans in a war against the Kibaire.
  • Huon - The "Jagen". A laid-back Great Knight. Past his prime. Aids Alain on his mission.
  • Gwendolen - Myrmidon. Self- Proclaimed Kibaire Hunter.
  • Godfrey - Class Unknown. A knight said to resort to extreme measures. 

Kibaire:

• Dracul (Avatar) - Vassal Class. Camus-like Anti-hero. Bastard Prince(ss) to one of the several kingdoms of the Kibaire. Believes devoutly that the Kibaire should be the ones to lead the world into a “new Era”. Special weapon gives bonuses against humans. Might be able to choose personality.
  • Mirela – Wizard Class. “Christmas Cavaliers/Cain & Abel”. Known for their wizard prowess. Optimistic and energetic.
  • Miruna – Wizard Class. “Christmas Cavaliers/Cain & Abel”. Known for their wizard prowess. Quieter and Calmer.
  • Felix – Impaler Class. Recruited from bandits (Navarre).

Classes:

Reveal hidden contents

Humans:

• Knight Errant - Alain's Class. Mounted, Sword. Gains Lances on promotion.
  • Hunter
  • Monk
  • Bard
  • Cavalier
  • Armor Knight
  • Myrmidon
  • Fighter
  • Soldier
  • Archer
  • Mage
  • Cleric
  • Pegasus Knight
  • Mercenary
  • Barbarian

Kibaire:

• Vassal - Avatar's Class. Player chooses weapon type. Second proficiency on promotion.
  • Witch
  • Summoner
  • Succubus – A dancer-like class.
  • Imp - Functions like a thief.
  • Impaler - Lance using class.
  • Moonshifter/ "Laurel Wreath" - 3 "tribes". Wolf, Bat, Dragon. More like the Taguel, Wolfskin, and Kitsune than the Laguz.
  • Hippogriff Rider - Flying, Bows. Might be female exclusive, at least default is.
  • Dark Rider - Mounted, Swords and Axes.
  • Merman - Pirate-like.
  • Phantom - Anima Mage.
  • Vestal - Variation of the cleric.
  • Wizards - New name for dark mages.

Mechanics:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Balance of old and new mechanics. Trying to please both sides of the fanbase.
  • Returning Features:
    • Supports - Marriages, no children.
    • Pair-up
    • Weapon Triangle - Pre-Fates.
    • 3 Types of Magic - Dark, Light, Anima.
    • Skills
      • Sol and Luna - effects are swapped.
    • Reclassing & Promoting
      • Only base and promoted models. Quote below.
      • “they only have 2 models: their base class & their promotion, so if Miruna reclasses to a phantom (just an example), she'll still look the same, when she promotes to whatever the wizard promotes to (I don't know yet), she'll look different, but otherwise, if she reclasses to a promoted class, she will have her "promoted" model.”
    • Wireless multiplayer
      • V.S.
      • Double Duel - Similar to Awakening's mode.
      • Arena - 4 player Free-For-All from the GBA era.
    • Weapon Durability returns
  • New Features:
    • Day/ Night Cycle
      • Plays a role in the types on encounters on the Overworld. Stronger Monsters appear at night.
      • Sol & Luna’s activation rates are doubled. (Sol during the day, Luna during the night).
      • Kibaires gain +30 Hit/Avoid during the Night.
      • Humans gain +30 Hit/Avoid during the Day.
  • World Map will be similar to Echoes: SoV, where you control 2 parties simultaneously.
    • They can interact in a skirmish against each other (exactly the way they were left) by having the party you want to control engage the other. The winner can take items from the loser’s convoy and gain Exp.
  • Amiibo - Unlock special maps against enemies themed from the map's origin. When beaten, you unlock an S-rank weapon. Elincia's Gambit, Hinoka, Leo (the chapters), and Marth's Embarks are among them.
  • Artist - Kotaro Yamada. Drew Lyn and Narcian in FE:Heroes.
  • 3ds style aesthetics. 2D sprites on a 3D environment to be more in line with your playthrough.
  • "Animated" cutscenes use the models of the characters.
  • Full Voice Acting. Avatar's name is skipped (not said).
  • No 3rd tier classes.

Updated. New stuff is in the Mechanics section.

Weapon Durability returning is nice, Part of the strategy to Fire Emblem is figuring out what weapons to use and when to buy new ones. The "Animated" model cutscenes sound cool, I like Echoes: SoV did it, so nice to see that coming back.

Although, I will stay skeptic for now, until IS/ Nintendo release something official. Hopefully soon!

Edited by Lord_Grima

Durability returning isn't a surprise and I did miss it in Fates (not in Echoes, but that's more because of how different that game is on the whole). It could've been neat to see third-tiers return, but they only seem to work if the game designs itself around having them, namely in Radiant Dawn and (to a lesser extent) Echoes.

I liked the cutscenes in Echoes, so here's hoping they're good.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:20 AM, Mis Leaker said:

It's nothing huge, but I got some more dirt on the game. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/396567629

Hey, something I made an entire thread about on here saying that I hoped would be the case.

Really, really aren't helping your case. Why the jump from detailed, multi-paragraph info dumps to only a couple of sentences with less detail?

Edited by The DanMan

Honestly this is getting me more confused with these "sudden updated leaks" from this "leaker" as cool as some of these ideas are can't help but feel this is total bsting for a minute of attention....but I'll give it a chance until a teaser hits probably in a January direct since new FE games commonly get revealed then.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn