FE16 "leaks"

Much of the supposed leaker's claims when it comes to game design are just educated guesses.

No 2nd Gen: The Fates Children had a worse reception than Awakening's. And since I doubt Switch Fiah Emblem would have less VAing, it'd make writing dialogue more of a pain to have to account for the presence of a wide bunch of optional who don't even take part in the plot characters.

No Fates Triangle: Since it's doubtful that Switch would do Fates' dual kingdoms with different units, weapons, etc. shtick again, it wouldn't need to include classes like the knife users without revamping them or their weapons.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Didn’t they write the leak, then later update it to take out the parts we criticized? 

Wouldnt be surprised. The latest post seems to be a counter to everyone saying that it seems like its hitting too many high notes, appealing everything that has been asked.

I personally throw my BS card on the leak. I would absolutely love to see Castlevania Emblem happen, but I dont think this leak is true.

Except for Corocoro Pokémon leaks, I hardly believe in this sort of things. However, if those are true; then it might become another potential franchise killer. Pissing on the Castlevania franchise, continuing of being influenced by SMT games and learning nothing from Fates. *shivers*

I'm sorry but I have so much trouble believing this "leak" 

for one, I haven't seen any information about the gameplay that's been remotely upsetting to the community at large as we've seen with many past games

I have trouble believing that they would go back to the old weapon triangle after the effort they put in it for fates, I know many people didn't like it but having all weapons included made combat much more tense. Not to mention I doubt they would also drop their new weapon type, daggers, as well

overall from what I've read it sounds too perfect and too much like a fangame

______

if our "leaker" is making it up, she's doing a damn good job at it

her being presistant makes her more convincing, if she had left it where it was at a few months ago we would have all forgotten about the leaks, but since she keeps bringing up information she stays relevant and becomes more convincing. If you keep telling people over and over something they become more and more likely to believ the speaker even if what they say isn't true. Keep this in mind everyone.

The way things are going right now, I highly doubt we could be getting these games, but due to some of what has been mentioned sounding  genuinely good, I think someone should probably make it a real fangame, and I'll be that person. Here's the link if you're interested: 

I will of course need help with the sound & graphics (and maybe the writing), but other than that, I can just pester @Lord Wolfram for help.

Edited by Hawkatana

15 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm sorry but I have so much trouble believing this "leak" 

for one, I haven't seen any information about the gameplay that's been remotely upsetting to the community at large as we've seen with many past games

I have trouble believing that they would go back to the old weapon triangle after the effort they put in it for fates, I know many people didn't like it but having all weapons included made combat much more tense. Not to mention I doubt they would also drop their new weapon type, daggers, as well

overall from what I've read it sounds too perfect and too much like a fangame

______

if our "leaker" is making it up, she's doing a damn good job at it

her being presistant makes her more convincing, if she had left it where it was at a few months ago we would have all forgotten about the leaks, but since she keeps bringing up information she stays relevant and becomes more convincing. If you keep telling people over and over something they become more and more likely to believ the speaker even if what they say isn't true. Keep this in mind everyone.

Daggers/HW were introduced in FE9, a full weapon type of their own in FE10, and gone in 11, 12 and 13. They weren't new for Fates. 

Plus, IS has gotten rid of weapon types before. Remember Light and Dark magic? Both have been around since FE4, though Dark wasn't usable until FE5. Then FE9 got rid of Dark magic entirely, brought it back in FE10, was absent in FE11 and 12, was sort of back in FE13, while Light magic was completely gone, and both were absent in Fates. 

Hell, axes aren't usable in Gaiden and they KEPT this for SoV. 

Not that I am trying to support these "leaks", but basing the validity on whether or not a niche weapon type exists is dubious. 

Unless they say "We're getting rid of swords!", that is. 

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Daggers/HW were introduced in FE9, a full weapon type of their own in FE10, and gone in 11, 12 and 13. They weren't new for Fates. 

Plus, IS has gotten rid of weapon types before. Remember Light and Dark magic? Both have been around since FE4, though Dark wasn't usable until FE5. Then FE9 got rid of Dark magic entirely, brought it back in FE10, was absent in FE11 and 12, was sort of back in FE13, while Light magic was completely gone, and both were absent in Fates. 

Hell, axes aren't usable in Gaiden and they KEPT this for SoV. 

Not that I am trying to support these "leaks", but basing the validity on whether or not a niche weapon type exists is dubious. 

Unless they say "We're getting rid of swords!", that is. 

I felt that daggers in Fates were different enough to make them feel like a brandnew weapon type.

I feel like what were being told is really far reaching and sounds way to good to be true. 

I do have a hard time believing that they would just drop the new weapon triangle,  I feel like changing a series staple like the way they did in Fates would be a longtime change for the serues. I can see them making thieves dagger units from now on as it makes them better at combat because they don' have to engage directly.

Overall I think if this leak is fake, most leaks we've seen in the past just put all the information on the table in one big info dump.

And I'm not factoring in SoV because I see that as a special case seeing as how it was a remake and I think they wanted to update the game, and maybe test the waters with some of what we saw in SoV.

On 15/11/2017 at 5:35 AM, Captain Karnage said:

her being presistant makes her more convincing

it's the opposite

usually leakers releasing true informations disappear for quite a long time

also, her source would stop providing her informations, if they're true

the fact that she'a being quite constant with her "leaks" makes her even mkre suspicious, to me

On 11/13/2017 at 3:40 PM, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Honestly this is getting me more confused with these "sudden updated leaks" from this "leaker" as cool as some of these ideas are can't help but feel this is total bsting for a minute of attention....but I'll give it a chance until a teaser hits probably in a January direct since new FE games commonly get revealed then.

Love the idea of bat-units and Monks XD. 

Its just that it makes no sense. 

Whenever we combat a point she releases more infk she randomly gets 

someone keeps giving her random updates on things, but who knows why 

plus with separation of powers or whatever you’d call it for games, her source may not know as much as she’s pretending they would.  

On 11/14/2017 at 11:35 PM, Captain Karnage said:

I have trouble believing that they would go back to the old weapon triangle after the effort they put in it for fates, I know many people didn't like it but having all weapons included made combat much more tense

Both Heroes and Warriors used the old one; honestly, it's probably one of the more believable parts of all this.

35 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Both Heroes and Warriors used the old one; honestly, it's probably one of the more believable parts of all this.

Well I leave warriors as a special case, as it was made by TK and not by IS, daggers don't exists in the game, and there's really only 1 lance user and 1 bow user as they're just clones of one another.

And FE Heroes is more about color advantage green magic is still effective against a Lance user and a lance is still effective against a red tome

For them to alter the 20 year old weapon triangle was a pretty risky move on their behalf, and I don't think they're just going to abandon it. I think it's good game design ensuing that every weapon has a weakness and a strength.

I think that people in general don't like change, I think that people are resistant to the idea that something that they'e known for years now could change drastically. 

Edited by Captain Karnage

5 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Well I leave warriors as a special case, as it was made by TK and not by IS, daggers don't exists in the game, and there's really only 1 lance user and 1 bow user as they're just clones of one another.

And FE Heroes is more about color advantage green magic is still effective against a Lance user and a lance is still effective against a red tome

For them to alter the 20 year old weapon triangle was a pretty risky move on their behalf, and I don't think they're just going to abandon it. I think it's good game design ensuing that every weapon has a weakness and a strength.

I think that people in general don't like change, I think that people are resistant to the idea that something that they'e known for years now could change drastically. 

They didn’t really change the weapon triangle. They just added on to it. If you want to get technical, the weapon triangle is altered with almost every game, as in the exact bonuses/penalties are always changing. Just because they changed a “series convention” doesn’t mean it’s here to stay.

The leaks are still fake though.

On 11/16/2017 at 5:02 PM, The DanMan said:

Warriors didn't.

Warriors used the Fates triangle, minus the daggers.

59 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Warriors didn't.

Warriors used the Fates triangle, minus the daggers.

No not really. You see, on the map, if an enemy has a double up or down arrow, that means you have a weapon triangle disadvantage/advantage. When you activate your awakening, you always have the advantage. However, if you have a tactical advantage over an enemy, or they have one on you, then it shows a single arrow. For example, if your using a very strong character, than enemies with the same weapon have the one down arrow. Or, if your a magic user attacking a low res enemy, then they have the one down arrow. Also, all melee attackers have a minor advantage over archers, while archers are usually neutral to magic users, hence, no fates triangle. So no, you’re wrong. The map just shows if you’ll have an advantage over the enemy at all, which is helpful for ordering the computers around, as they’ll usually win if they have an advantage. It’s not always the weapon triangle though.

29 minutes ago, Mis Leaker said:

Got a pretty big info-dump today! http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/397447132

More potential world building? Awesome. 

Balancing the Day/Night bonus is good I guess, but it comes too soon I can't help but suspect that....never mind. 

About the new avatar Dracul, I think it is a good thing they scraped the decision of giving optional personality. It would have make the writing a mess because characterization matters a lot when it comes to story and character development, especially for a protagonist. Not gonna lie, I think they should do it the way they did for Corrin: a set-in-stone characterization(hopefully more well defined this time). Hopefully, it is a step up this time.

Edit: by the way, who "told" you about these Infos? It's fine to not answer, I'm just curious.

Edited by Atsushi Giovanna

Here's the info in a post for those who don't want to go to 4chan, are too lazy, etc.

We'll start off with some of the countries in the game. First up is Arges (アルジェシュ): The main Human superpower in Vrancea. From what I've been told, it's based on the Holy Roman Empire, with its capital being based on Vatican City. Covasna (コヴァスナ) on the other hand is the main Kibaire stronghold a deeply-forested kingdom so vast, light can't even penetrate the canopy. I've been told that there will be more in the game, but I don't know what they are yet.
There are a handful of characters I learned about, including some NPC's.
Human Characters:
>Eden (エデン) - A cleric in service to Samael and a kind & generous soul.
>Jean (ジャン) - A proud & ambitious archer who is childhood friends with Alain and aids him on his mission.
>Godfrey (ゴッドフリー) *NPC* - I talked about this guy in a previous post, I now know him to be an NPC of some kind (just my opinion, but I think he may have his own class).
>Anna - No introduction necessary. Paralogue chapter character.
Kibaires
>Dorin (ドリン) - A Dark Rider and the personal bodyuard to Dracul.
>Adriana (アドリアーナ) - A mentally scarred Hipogriff Rider who makes a living as a sellsword.
>Garland (ガーランド) *NPC* - Dracul's younger half-brother and the first in line for Covasna's throne, arrogant and self-centered with a hatred for Dracul. (Probably also an exclusive class).
As you know, Skills are returning, with some caveats like Sol & Luna swapping effects, but there's some more stuff to go over. Skills are learned similarly to Fates/Awakening, with a couple of old skills returning:
>Pursuit *Renamed Typhoon (台風)* Chance for a Brave Attack. Class Skill of the Falcon Knight.
>Canto Same as previous games. Class Skill of the Cavalier & Dark Rider.
>Nihil Again, the same.

There are also some new weapons available the only weapon proficiencies in this game are swords, lances, axes, bows, light, dark & anima magic and healing staves. But there are a few new types. Daggers are (sorta) back as the sword equivalent to javelins, similar to Crossbows (which are 1-2 range, in case you're wondering). There are now "Blood Weapons" for the Kibaires, which have an inbuilt Nosferatu effect. Apparently, Intelligent Systems have dialed back the Day/Night bonuses to +15 Hit/Avo (they still don't know about this somehow, what?) and have decided against giving Dracul a choice of personality (This doesn't bode well). That should be it for now. You guys let me know what you think!

"Daggers are (sorta) back as the sword equivalent to javelins"

Knowing a little about game development and looking at javelins and hand axes, I'm wondering why we aren't just using throwing swords. I mean, it's far less work animation-wise as you only have to create the throw animation for long-range combat and recycle all melee animations for close-range. Using a dagger like a sword meanwhile...doesn't really work, creating more work for needless realism.

Alternatively, given that we're working in a not-realistic high-fantasy setting and weapons like the Wind Edge and Siegfried exist, we could always have short swords that cast not-magic which is still a lazier option than creating multiple dagger animations for various classes. Can you even begin to imagine how they're supposed to work for cavalry?

Also lol Canto returning. This day/night thing also reminds me a bit of biorhythm, which I feel was dropped for a pretty good reason (See: My Edward at low rhythm getting axed by an enemy at high rhythm.)

New info dump == New Update for the compilation.

The 600 years after the 3000 years ago (or just 2400 years ago) makes a little more sense. Anna being obtained in a Paralogue is normal. I would have liked to choose a personality for Dracul, but with full VA, I understand how hard that would be.

FE16 - Fire Emblem: New Moon

"Leak" Compilation V - 2.3

Story Info:

Spoiler
  • A Gothic Horror theme. Darker and more mature, but not "M" rated. More like the Jugdral games.
  • Back Story:
    • 3000 Years ago - On the continent of Vrancea, 2 races came to inhabit the land: The Humans, and the native Kibaires. They fought for supremacy, but were always in a standstill.
    • 600 Years after (2400 years before current age) – The Humans were blessed by the god Samael with a bloodline marked by a brand on a worthy scion’s body. The Kibaires retreated into the deep forests where the light could not reach.
    • The victorious humans called themselves “the Children of Light” and formed the Holy Kingdom of Arges, home of the branded’s divine providence. The Kibaires were labeled as “the Children of Darkness” and the forests they live in became the kingdom of Covasna with tall castles to protect them from the humans.
  • Two sides - Humans and Kibaire (pronounced KEY-Buy-Er).
  • Avatar plays a more Villainous role. Camus-like anti-hero.
  • The Fire Emblem - An ancient sundial. Gathers mystical energies from the sun and the moon. Can either empower or destroy the Kibaire. Both Sides are seeking it.

World/ Continent Info:

Spoiler
  • Continent of Vrancea

• Humans and the Kingdom of Arges:
    • Main human superpower in Vrancea.
    • Based on the Holy Roman Empire, with capital based of Vatican City.
  • Kibaire and the Kingdom of Covasna:
    • Main Kibaire Stronghold in a deeply-forested kingdom so dense, light can’t even penetrate the canopy.
  • More Kingdoms/countries revealed in game.

Characters:

Spoiler

Humans:

• Playable:
    • Alain - Knight Errant class. Protagonist. Uses a Sword. Follows the dominant organized religion and upholds it with his life, as the church sees the Kibaires as threats to all humans. Is tasked with uniting the humans in a war against the Kibaire.
    • Huon - The "Jagen". A laid-back Great Knight. Past his prime. Aids Alain on his mission.
    • Gwendolen - Myrmidon. Self- Proclaimed Kibaire Hunter.
    • Eden – Cleric Class. A cleric in service to Samael and a kind & generous soul.
    • Jean – Archer Class. A proud & ambitious archer who is childhood friends with Alain and aids him on his mission
    • Anna – “No Introduction necessary. Paralogue chapter character.”
  • NPC’s:
    • Godfrey - Class Unknown, but might be unique. A knight said to resort to extreme measures. 

Kibaire:

• Playable:
    • Dracul (Avatar) - Vassal Class. Camus-like Anti-hero. Bastard Prince(ss) to one of the several kingdoms of the Kibaire. Believes devoutly that the Kibaire should be the ones to lead the world into a “new Era”. Special weapon gives bonuses against humans. Might be able to choose personality.
    • Mirela – Wizard Class. “Christmas Cavaliers/Cain & Abel”. Known for their wizard prowess. Optimistic and energetic.
    • Miruna – Wizard Class. “Christmas Cavaliers/Cain & Abel”. Known for their wizard prowess. Quieter and Calmer.
    • Felix – Impaler Class. Recruited from bandits (Navarre).
    • Dorin – Dark Rider Class. Personal bodyguard to Dracul.
    • Adriana – Hippogriff Rider Class. A mentally scarred Hippogriff Rider who makes a living as a sellsword.
  • NPC’s:
    • Garland – Class Unknown, probably exclusive. Dracul’s younger Half-Brother and the first in line for Covasna’s throne. Arrogant and self-centered around a hatred for Dracul.

Classes:

Spoiler

Humans:

• Knight Errant - Alain's Class. Mounted, Sword. Gains Lances on promotion.
  • Hunter
  • Monk
  • Bard
  • Cavalier
  • Armor Knight
  • Myrmidon
  • Fighter
  • Soldier
  • Archer
  • Mage
  • Cleric
  • Pegasus Knight
  • Mercenary
  • Barbarian

Kibaire:

• Vassal - Avatar's Class. Player chooses weapon type. Second proficiency on promotion.
  • Witch
  • Summoner
  • Succubus – A dancer-like class.
  • Imp - Functions like a thief.
  • Impaler - Lance using class.
  • Moonshifter/ "Laurel Wreath" - 3 "tribes". Wolf, Bat, Dragon. More like the Taguel, Wolfskin, and Kitsune than the Laguz.
  • Hippogriff Rider - Flying, Bows. Might be female exclusive, at least default is.
  • Dark Rider - Mounted, Swords and Axes.
  • Merman - Pirate-like.
  • Phantom - Anima Mage.
  • Vestal - Variation of the cleric.
  • Wizards - New name for dark mages.

Mechanics:

Spoiler
  • Balance of old and new mechanics. Trying to please both sides of the fanbase.
  • Returning Features:
    • Supports - Marriages, no children.
      • Some same sex S-Rank marriages. Dracul can S-Rank anyone. More same sex S-Ranks than Fates. Some characters will exclusively have same sex S-Ranks.
    • Pair-up
    • Weapon Triangle - Pre-Fates.
      • Weapon Proficiencies:
        • Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Light Magic, Dark Magic, Anima Magic, and Healing Staves.
      • Daggers return as the sword equivalent to javelins. (1-2 range like crossbows).
    • 3 Types of Magic - Dark, Light, Anima.
    • Skills – learned similar to Fates/Awakening.
      • Sol and Luna - effects are swapped.
      • Typhoon – Renamed Pursuit. Chance for a Brave Attack. Class Skill of the Falcon Knight.
      • Canto – Same as previous games. Class skill of the Cavalier & Dark Rider. (Allows Cavaliers to finish their movement after certain actions)
      • Nihil – Same as previous games. (Prevents enemy from using skills in combat)
    • Reclassing & Promoting
      • Only base and promoted models.
      • “they only have 2 models: their base class & their promotion, so if Miruna reclasses to a phantom (just an example), she'll still look the same, when she promotes to whatever the wizard promotes to (I don't know yet), she'll look different, but otherwise, if she reclasses to a promoted class, she will have her "promoted" model.”
    • Wireless multiplayer
      • V.S.
      • Double Duel - Similar to Awakening's mode.
      • Arena - 4 player Free-For-All from the GBA era.
    • Weapon Durability
  • New Features:
    • Blood Weapons for the Kibaires, have an inbuilt “Nosferatu” effect.
    • Day/ Night Cycle
      • Plays a role in the types on encounters on the Overworld. Stronger Monsters appear at night.
      • Sol & Luna’s activation rates are doubled. (Sol during the day, Luna during the night).
      • Kibaires gain +30 Hit/Avoid during the Night. Dialed back to +15 Hit/Avoid.
      • Humans gain +30 Hit/Avoid during the Day. Dialed back to +15 Hit/Avoid
  • World Map will be similar to Echoes: SoV, where you control 2 parties simultaneously.
    • They can interact in a skirmish against each other (exactly the way they were left) by having the party you want to control engage the other. The winner can take items from the loser’s convoy and gain Exp.
  • Amiibo - unlock special maps against enemies themed from the map's origin. When beaten, you unlock an S-rank weapon. Elincia's Gambit, Hinoka, Leo (the chapters), and Marth's Embarks are among them.
  • Art/ Graphics:
    • Artist - Kotaro Yamada. Drew Lyn and Narcian in FE:Heroes.
    • 3ds style aesthetics. 2D sprites on a 3D environment.
    • “Animated” cutscenes use the models of the characters.
  • Full Voice Acting. Avatar's name is skipped (not said).
  • No 3rd tier classes.

Edited by Lord_Grima