FE16 "leaks"

On 12/3/2017 at 2:18 AM, Mis Leaker said:

This is my final leak before the Direct later this month (or in January, one of the 2). Thank you guys for having me. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/398808163

The neutral rouge army originated in Fe4, not warriors you plebeian. Granted, not the same thing, but still.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team HOPEFUL. Because oh my god, this sounds so cool. But it probably isn't true. If anything, we'll probably just get another CQ Corrin with some bland lords and overdone story.

18 minutes ago, Viridianveil said:

Team HOPEFUL. Because oh my god, this sounds so cool. But it probably isn't true. If anything, we'll probably just get another CQ Corrin with some bland lords and overdone story.

As long as they use their own source material and not borrowing some from any manga writers they'll be fine they have to use what works for a character to their best obviously no one is ever pleased so if most like it then good.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

As long as they use their own source material and not borrowing some from any manga writers they'll be fine they have to use what works for a character to their best.

It wasn't the manga writers fault.

IS went against what he wrote. The world he made is cool. IS just didn't know what to do with it.

I've hope, because they seem to at least try to make this Avatar and Lord with morally questionable Personalities. The biggest Problem in Conquest was for me, how they bend over backwards, to have a morally flawless main character, who still performs morally questionable acts and they failed spectacularly. And Vampires are easier to make sympathetic, while having to do questionable Acts, because they MUST drink blood to survive. Yeah, it is still "This Character has to do bad stuff because of magic" like with the blood pact and the curse of valla, but it is easier to buy for me, because Vampires are already established within our culture.

I guess, they'll be a bit like Micaiah in her Base Conversation in Act 3 with Nico.

I hope, that it'll have some Influences from Act 3 of RD. For Excample Characters like Jill and Zihark, who you can recruit from your other army.

An Example would be a Vampire who seeks Redemption and saves Alain. Alain can say "Okay, this Vampire is at least willing to stand against the evil of her race. I take her" or "Vampires can't be trusted" and if he says the letter, the Redemption-seeking-Vampire gives up the Hope of Humans and Vampires living together and helps Dracul.

2 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

It wasn't the manga writers fault.

IS went against what he wrote. The world he made is cool. IS just didn't know what to do with it.

They took half the ideas from them so its still their fault to a degree how it played out since they did use half the script as a basis for Fates if anything they should've just use more original ideas within IS.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

@Mis Leaker Thanks for your time and posting here. Thanks for sharing all that you know. Let's see if you're in the next big Direct!

I really like the purple rival army idea. I hope it's true. I know a lot of people were annoyed with it in RD, but the fact they're neutral is making me wonder all of the conditions that'll occur and the chaos of some battles.

55 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Plus, Samael? He’s a real figure in Jewish lore and Christian lore. Doesn’t seem like someone they’d pull into fire emblem games. 

Micaiah is a name derived from Michael the archangel, so it's not out of the question actually.

2 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Seems faker the more I think on it. 

Plus, Samael? He’s a real figure in Jewish lore and Christian lore. Doesn’t seem like someone they’d pull into fire emblem games. 

The problem is Japan views the mythos of the big three monotheistic religions much the way the Western world sees the mythos surrounding Greek and Roman pantheons.

Evengelion is a prime example of Christian iconography being borrowed for "rule of cool"  (really that show is more about the mental trauma of the cast with the icons just being for swanky backdrop). I said in an earlier post that it's popular to base evil religious orders off of the Catholic church from how beautiful and gilded it appears on the outside, invoking a sense of awe and security.

That very much sounds like the deal with Samael church here.

The problem is that Western markets still have large groups that are deeply farmiliar with the real meaning of the mythos and iconography, so we end up with two audiences with wildly different interpretations. Samael, once I was corrected earlier after reading it as Samuel, is actually pretty clever, as he's not exactly a positive figure despite being of great power, so they can use all the visuals they want without causing great offense. He's also obscure enough that not all players will get the reference immediately, so it may not being a massive spoiler.

But that's on grounds of this being real.

4 hours ago, Altrosa said:

The problem is Japan views the mythos of the big three monotheistic religions much the way the Western world sees the mythos surrounding Greek and Roman pantheons.

Evengelion is a prime example of Christian iconography being borrowed for "rule of cool"  (really that show is more about the mental trauma of the cast with the icons just being for swanky backdrop). I said in an earlier post that it's popular to base evil religious orders off of the Catholic church from how beautiful and gilded it appears on the outside, invoking a sense of awe and security.

That very much sounds like the deal with Samael church here.

The problem is that Western markets still have large groups that are deeply farmiliar with the real meaning of the mythos and iconography, so we end up with two audiences with wildly different interpretations. Samael, once I was corrected earlier after reading it as Samuel, is actually pretty clever, as he's not exactly a positive figure despite being of great power, so they can use all the visuals they want without causing great offense. He's also obscure enough that not all players will get the reference immediately, so it may not being a massive spoiler.

But that's on grounds of this being real.

Another Samael I've seen is one in Gnosticism. Also called "The Demiurge", he's an extremely arrogant (and arguably evil) being who created the universe, but (counter to his knowledge) is NOT the supreme being in his mythos (that honour goes to the Monad).

I call it fake...

Being a pkmn fan all these years i have seen many leaks/leakers and none was acting like that + all the credible ones had some way to convince "heads" of the pkmn community (serebii etc)

I am totally indifferent in the leaks... i am not that huge fan of vampires nor i hate them.... But vampires hardly work as their own .. some of the best vampire media like dracula and Buffy were actually more about other things than vampires themselves and  considering IS past this has the potential to turn into a huge mess...  Boobs and fangs, actually this would easily turn into Rosario+ vampire... Fun trope characters, plot that doenst matter except of few instances and fan service for all....

I dont want an ambiguous moral protagonist because we all know that IS will turn him into corrin...

In the end All i want is for a huge and challenging game...

Edited by Pegasus Knight

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

@Mis Leaker, I know the leaks are over, but did your source say any of the characters filled the Lucina-archetype in this game (i.e. mysterious woman well informed of the plot)?

How do we know that her source isn't deliberately misleading us to keep the actual contents of FE16 a surprise?

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

@Mis Leaker, I know the leaks are over, but did your source say any of the characters filled the Lucina-archetype in this game (i.e. mysterious woman well informed of the plot)?

Since when has there been a Lucina archetype? The only other character I can think of with the mysterious woman well informed of the plot description is Azura and that was just down to Fates's bad writing.

Edited by Hawkatana

15 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

Since when has there been a Lucina archetype? The only other character I can think of with the mysterious woman well informed of the plot description is Azura and that was just down to Fates's bad writing.

While not a lady, Conrad does sort of give off Lucina-esque vibes. In a mask, seems to know important things about one of the lord etc.

2 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

While not a lady, Conrad does sort of give off Lucina-esque vibes. In a mask, seems to know important things about one of the lord etc.

Important things? Like what? He knew about as much as the rest of Celica's party did, arguably less. 

6 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Well, that's still 3 games in a row with a "nysterious, masked, plot important" character, which started with Lucina, so it's a new archetype, but it's there.

Azura isn't masked or very mysterious to me. On the other hand, there's that masked dancer from the opera in Conquest. I still wonder who that is...

23 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

How do we know that her source isn't deliberately misleading us to keep the actual contents of FE16 a surprise?

If you noticed earlier in the thread she couldn't say that she could verify that her sources were real whe asked by me

23 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I' doubt full of anything, she didn't recieve any images from her informant. What were getting was secondhand information from the "leaker"

On 12/3/2017 at 4:25 PM, Mis Leaker said:

That would explain the lack of images.

The only thing I can think of is her "sources" had a script or took image of the info and stuff in it but even that's skeptical to a degree since other right leaks didn't have images with listed info to be later confirm correct with like 1-2 wrong.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

16 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Well, that's still 3 games in a row with a "nysterious, masked, plot important" character, which started with Lucina, so it's a new archetype, but it's there.

Sirius would like a word with you.

On a Sirius note (*facepalm*), wasn't Lucina's mask meant to reference... well, Sirius? After all, Awakening was supposed to be the last Fire Emblem game, and it was made for the series anniversary, so they inserted as many references (some extremely subtle) as they could into the final product. As for Fire Emblem Echoes, I think that was a neat call-forward as too were Zeke got the mask idea from, while still fitting it's own purpose in the story itself. (Haven't played Fates, so I can't comment, but I would be surprised if it was a result of, surprise, bad writing.)

Also, you spelled "mysterious" incorrectly.

As for the leaks themselves, this is the first time I've ever followed a leak for anything, so I'm taking the whole thing with a grain of salt. I won't be surprised if this turns out to be true, but neither will I be shocked if it isn't. The story looks like it could work, even if I don't personally care about the gothic aesthetic, and making the Fire Emblem a Sundial pretty clever for the setting. We've seen the characters done before, but that's not a bad thing, as Fire Emblem thrives on putting twists on otherwise similar characters. I have few complaints or praises about the classes, and many of the mechanics, both new and old, make sense, even if I'm worried about how the promotion models will be handled, and I still have my qualms about S-Supports, but overall, it seems to be adding up to a pretty solid Fire Emblem game.

On 10/17/2017 at 2:37 PM, ElectiveToast said:

Not something Nintendo would do. 

This is Intelligent Systems. Nintendo is just the publisher. (kind of like how people say "because Nintendo" for games like Pokemon or Xenoblade... which are not developed by Nintendo. And look what Nintendo's allowed in all three Xenoblade games? They're more flexible than people think as publishers)