FE16 "leaks"

1 hour ago, TwinBlade said:

If you do know anything, you're likely under NDA. So understandable. I have no problem with people making claims. Anything unsourced is met with skepticism by default, and always will be.

She did say outright she wasn't going to post any new info. Make of that what you will. 

Yeah because she know people are on to her, she was in self doubt about her "sources" and/or she know we weren't gonna see what she said was gonna show as her "last leak before the direct(which she never knew which month it would be btw)" better dip before the waters hot. Anyway I do see something for FE Switch later this month regardless though.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As little as 1 and as much as 20. So before the end of January. My bet is around the 18th-25th

@bladelordlyn Yeah, I'm not saying I believe anything she's said. I'm not making it a secret that I'm a skeptical man :P Just saying I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything else from her.

Edited by TwinBlade

My guess is that all this stuff with the indies and third parties was being planned alongside all the first party stuff from Nintendo. However, they realized (or somebody from one of the indies/third party companies mentioned) that if they showcase their first party stuff along with their stuff that there is a good chance that the news about anything not first party would be drowned out. So they planned this mini Direct to be shown first, and then a regular length one will be held next week or the one after to give them their time in the sun. It would be a smart move since even now I see a lot of hype for Mario Tennis and not much else except Dark Souls. Mind you, Mario Tennis isn't even as big as FE (at this point), and some of their other bigger franchises are and yet this is still happening.

^Yep. The main focus of these minis is usually to get the small announcements that clutter up timeslots out of the way, with there being one reveal that's the main thing they want attention drawn to. For this one, it's Dark Souls Remastered. 

Well I'm excited for The World Ends With You Remastered!

Do you know what I'm not excited for? FE, because tHeRe WaSn'T aNy AnNoUnCeMeNt FoR iT.

But the full direct is coming soon and I'm curious as to how truthful Miss Leaker was.

The Nintendo Switch subreddit are saying that the space on Nintendo's direct page is still there, and that they've removed the FE direct despite still having directs from 2016 like Monster Hunter.

Grain of salt, people. Grain of salt.

I agree that the 2017 FE Direct being missing on the page may or may not mean anything. It could very well be just a mistake, but I also don't feel its significance can be ruled out for sure either. At the very least I think it's worth keeping in mind for now.

Edited by Prince of Iris

It's VERY possible it could mean something outside KoI's tweet especially knowing Fire Emblem Heroes 1st year anniversary is coming up, Warriors remaining DLC packs perfect lead up to the biggest course which is FE16. Again not saying this is the case yet but just food for thought.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

seeing as how I joined two days before Fates was announced and I said I would love to see Gaiden remade a few weeks before the FE direct

I think we'll see it late February to early March

13 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Well I'm excited for The World Ends With You Remastered!

Do you know what I'm not excited for? FE, because tHeRe WaSn'T aNy AnNoUnCeMeNt FoR iT.

But the full direct is coming soon and I'm curious as to how truthful Miss Leaker was.

Even if most isn't true I can see a bit from that list such as:

-Avatar(in the leaks case called "Dracul")(Without a doubt I hope the "pick any weapon type" is true at least since that was one of the advancements I wanted to see for the new Avatar after Fates).

-Marriage(Without a doubt as well the no children part of it definitely sketchy to me. I get still getting to S-Rank your chosen waifu and lovey dovey stuff in Naga knows what new Skinship mode those IS rascals are making but what other benefit besides pair-up boosts, Marriage sealing and slice of life vanilla stuff? there has to be some new gameplay mechanic to compensate if this part is true).

-New Shapshifters: that's a given nothing else to say here.

-Skills: No brainer

-New Classes: again a given

Maybe/Maybe not

-Day/Night cycle: I can see them exploring a new gimmick especially when Dragon Veins are very likely Fates Exclusive plus what I read seems very cool.

-Sol/Luna reversed: from the leak would make sense from the 2 sides.

-Blood Weapons: could happen given the side using it.

-Pre Fates WT: this ones 50/50 

The Artist, certain multiplayer features, the world map style, Rival Units and the Amiibo functions definetly not sure about the most.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

6 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Even if most isn't true I can see a bit from that list such as:

-Avatar(in the leaks case called "Dracul")(Without a doubt I hope the "pick any weapon type" is true at least since that was one of the advancements I wanted to see for the new Avatar after Fates).

-Marriage(Without a doubt as well the no children part of it definitely sketchy to me. I get still getting to S-Rank your chosen waifu and lovey dovey stuff in Naga knows what new Skinship mode those IS rascals are making but what other benefit besides pair-up boosts, Marriage sealing and slice of life vanilla stuff? there has to be some new gameplay mechanic to compensate if this part is true).

-New Shapshifters: that's a given nothing else to say here.

-Skills: No brainer

-New Classes: again a given

Maybe/Maybe not

-Day/Night cycle: I can see them exploring a new gimmick especially when Dragon Veins are very likely Fates Exclusive plus what I read seems very cool.

-Sol/Luna reversed: from the leak would make sense from the 2 sides.

-Blood Weapons: could happen given the side using it.

-Pre Fates WT: this ones 50/50 

The Artist, certain multiplayer features, the world map style, Rival Units and the Amiibo functions definetly not sure about the most.

Yeah. A lot of the "leaks" you mentioned were no-brainers/educated guesses, so I'm expecting a lot of the small things to be true of mostly true.

The concept and characters I'm more interested in- I wonder how truthful it is. Because it's either all right (with the possible exception of one or two characters being replaced) or all wrong.

Some of my information has recently been updated, so I thought it would be important to share that here. Feel free to relay this to other topics.

In particular, what I'd like to provide a tip about is that, despite what I've been suggesting before, the next Nintendo Direct happening in a few days will not feature FE Switch either. It'll be for other things and is meant to be another small one. However, I did manage to find out that the next big Direct is due for February, and as an educated guess, I'd wager that's when they'll probably reveal FE Switch after all. It would mean that the trend of Fire Emblem games getting shown off in January would break, but oh well.

Hopefully this information will be considered if or when any new rumors pop up soon.

36 minutes ago, Prince of Iris said:

Some of my information has recently been updated, so I thought it would be important to share that here. Feel free to relay this to other topics.

In particular, what I'd like to provide a tip about is that, despite what I've been suggesting before, the next Nintendo Direct happening in a few days will not feature FE Switch either. It'll be for other things and is meant to be another small one. However, I did manage to find out that the next big Direct is due for February, and as an educated guess, I'd wager that's when they'll probably reveal FE Switch after all. It would mean that the trend of Fire Emblem games getting shown off in January would break, but oh well.

Hopefully this information will be considered if or when any new rumors pop up soon.

Well, dang.  So is that going to be two Direct Minis in one month?  That's strange and disappointing.

2 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

Hmm, that's strange. I wonder why they wouldn't just reveal everything in one Direct instead of two Direct Mini's.

I hope they announce things ahead of time for the next direct. Not that the craziness wasn't interesting, but I don't have it in me to do that again 2 more times if there's another direct this week (as some are speculating) and then FE news later this month. If they could even drop a trailer for FE with no direct that would be better than continuing the last year of silence. Give me a title or something, Nintendo!

11 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

If this is to be believed then that definitely sucks for the January record broken....on the otherhand February would make sense for it. Considering Heroes 1st Anniversary (not to say that has any indication for it showing then at all) but it could be the new month for FE content. The consistent hiatus better make this game feel like a BotW effect for it (not literally) but the work put into it to make it feel massive as a game similar to Awakening/Fates x10. I do wish they talk more on the progress though like XB2 than pure silence for over a year.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

It'd be interesting to see them go over an entire year without providing a real update about FE Switch. I feel that alone sends the message that they're working really hard on it and know fans have high expectations. After all, it's the first Fire Emblem on home consoles in a decade. A lot has changed since then, so the jump is sure to be huge. The day they'll be ready to talk about it is going to be a very important one.

Just now, Prince of Iris said:

It'd be interesting to see them go over an entire year without providing a real update about FE Switch. I feel that alone sends the message that they're working really hard on it and know fans have high expectations. After all, it's the first Fire Emblem on home consoles in a decade. A lot has changed since then, so the jump is sure to be huge. The day they'll be ready to talk about it is going to be a very important one.

Sheesh.  I had forgotten just how long it's been since we first heard it was in development.

1 hour ago, Prince of Iris said:

To me that can go both ways on how fans see that alot at least want to know more subtle details(only thing ever mentioned was better animations, beautiful graphics and "breathing life into characters like never before"(hehe...I can predict a bunch of things regarding THAT)but really? besides the last part the other 2 is VERY obvious stuff) since many fans rather see/hear something about this game than Heroes stuff which so far right now is barren until it's anniversary but then again not everyone plays gacha games especially when saving for this game.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Well I think Nintendo made a mistake when they announced the game last january.Since then a year went by and all we heard were some vague comments.It would have been better if they announced it this year so the wait would have been alot shorter.If there is any truth to Prince of Iris words hopefully we'll get a proper reveal next month and I hope that's the case because the wait is killing me.