FE16 "leaks"

So there's this thing I've been wondering for a while, reading this thread and expecting news from the game. I'm not sure if it's a possibility because I have no clue how marketing works and how it's related to leaks and such, but here is my thought; Is it possible that IS decided to reveal FE Switch later than they first intended to due to the leaks that happened with SoV's Japanese version? 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, JustLah said:

So there's this thing I've been wondering for a while, reading this thread and expecting news from the game. I'm not sure if it's a possibility because I have no clue how marketing works and how it's related to leaks and such, but here is my thought; Is it possible that IS decided to reveal FE Switch later than they first intended to due to the leaks that happened with SoV's Japanese version? 

I doubt IS cares if their games get leaked because it comes early compare to other places if anything they want to have an appropriate reveal which the direct mini clearly isn't since that's for smaller games. FE Switch is a very big anticipated title that their definitely focused on.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Since we're all talking about when the next direct is coming out, I guess I'll throw in my two cents on the matter:

What I hope we get: A half-hour direct that'll show that IS has learned from their previous writing mistakes and will provide us an overall great story. They'll go fairly in-depth with the new mechanics, as well as how they improved the old ones. Some characters will be shown, and they'll reveal that each nation/faction in the game will have different armor designs from each other, instead of being universally the same as it has been in previous games, and that more effort has been put into personalizing allies and enemies alike. They may also add unit customizability and new game+. What I hope for the most, however, is that they put more attention on showing off the combat animations, as my hype for Shadows of Valentia doubled when I saw how dynamic the combat would be visually, and I'm very excited to see how they'll improve them. I also expect them to give some news about Heroes and Warriors, and maybe Echoes if they plan on adding more DLC and the like.

What I actually expect: A small yet reliable story synopses that should tell us what to expect, some character introductions and designs (I wouldn't be surprised if a few elements are exaggerated or simplified, since it does take time to get used to a new system and engine. Just compare the SNES, GBA, and even the 3DS games together and you'll see that the later games are more polished and less rough around the edges) a new class or two, a short description of a new mechanic, and 1-3 example fights to show off the new combat animations. Again, we'd get news about Heroes and Warriors

On a more serious note, I'm wouldn't be surprised if the direct is pushed into February due to the sheer size of the game and the length of the direct. I do find it strange that they haven't revealed anything, since I'd expect a one-minute trailer or title or something at this point, but I think they're going to reveal most of the information at once. After all, nearly half the direct last year was dedicated to Heroes, and that game had a very short time between when it was announced and when it was released.

I doubt we're getting another dedicated Fire Emblem direct just for one game, so I imagine it'll be a general Direct with Fire Emblem Switch shown off alongside other potential juggernauts for 2018.

After giving it some more thought, I don't think we're going to see Vampire Emblem, but maybe, just maybe, we might get something even crazier.

Also, fanservice.  (But if we have to go this way, my fingers are crossed for a hot Axe-wielding female Lord.)

9 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

This is not the case with pkmn tho... of courseFE isnt pkmn... i am just saying

I don't pay much attention to Pokemon since I'm not personally interested in it, but the marketing for that game is done by Game Freak not Nintendo if I remember correctly. Besides Pokemon is the exception to basically everything in gaming. I think we are getting a little off topic with this discussion though.

Back on topic (kind of), I wouldn't be surprised if they might be pushing FE's release date further back until translation is either almost done or completely done because of the whole Fates fiasco. I wouldn't call the translation of the Fates dialogue and the Echoes dialogue leaks, but it might have made them realize that if they don't push for as close to a release date as possible in most regions any changes made in the localization will have a massive spotlight put on them. Long term this is good, but short term it does lead to massive information droughts like this because of the way they market FE. (Still preferable though)

10 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I don't pay much attention to Pokemon since I'm not personally interested in it, but the marketing for that game is done by Game Freak not Nintendo if I remember correctly. Besides Pokemon is the exception to basically everything in gaming. I think we are getting a little off topic with this discussion though.

Back on topic (kind of), I wouldn't be surprised if they might be pushing FE's release date further back until translation is either almost done or completely done because of the whole Fates fiasco. I wouldn't call the translation of the Fates dialogue and the Echoes dialogue leaks, but it might have made them realize that if they don't push for as close to a release date as possible in most regions any changes made in the localization will have a massive spotlight put on them. Long term this is good, but short term it does lead to massive information droughts like this because of the way they market FE. (Still preferable though)

That isn't what I am talking about when I say leaks. A few days or weeks before release, the Japanese version of SoV was completely leaked, and a bunch of people with hacked 3DS or emulators played it. Anyway I don't think it's necessarily a big deal.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I doubt we're getting another dedicated Fire Emblem direct just for one game, so I imagine it'll be a general Direct with Fire Emblem Switch shown off alongside other potential juggernauts for 2018.

After giving it some more thought, I don't think we're going to see Vampire Emblem, but maybe, just maybe, we might get something even crazier.

Also, fanservice.  (But if we have to go this way, my fingers are crossed for a hot Axe-wielding female Lord.)

I agree as well for a Bae Axe female Lord!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

5 hours ago, JustLah said:

That isn't what I am talking about when I say leaks. A few days or weeks before release, the Japanese version of SoV was completely leaked, and a bunch of people with hacked 3DS or emulators played it. Anyway I don't think it's necessarily a big deal.

But have people hacked switch as they did with 3ds? i dont think they were able yet....

people didnt play it on emulators but on hombrew 3ds...

Isn't there a guy who said that another direct is coming on February about 3 games?  2 of those are Fire Emblem and DQ XI. Can't remember the 3rd one. The guy hasn't been wrong with his leaks like the mini Direct happening and Labo.

26 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Isn't there a guy who said that another direct is coming on February about 3 games?  2 of those are Fire Emblem and DQ XI. Can't remember the 3rd one. The guy hasn't been wrong with his leaks like the mini Direct happening and Labo.

Muh?  Two Fire Emblem games?

Please tell me they're not chopping it in half again.

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

I worded that wrong. The leaker said the direct will be about 3 games. 2 of those are the FE SWITCH and DQ XI port. I cannot remember the 3rd game.

2 minutes ago, Arvin said:

I worded that wrong. The leaker said the direct will be about 3 games. 2 of those are the FE SWITCH and DQ XI port. I cannot remember the 3rd game.

*sigh*  Maybe there's a bit of hope.

I don't know how they could get away with going the Pokemon route on a home console where the games are more expensive.

Didn't they discount the 2nd game if you bought it digitally for Fates? I can't remember but I thought that was the case. But yeah, spending $60 for two at once would suck.

10 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I think we could get another Fire Emblem direct, as they could reveal news about Warriors and Heroes (and maybe Echoes if they're interested in adding another wave of DLC) while the lion's share of the direct be information about the switch game. Considering that nearly half of the direct last year was dedicated to Heroes, this wouldn't be unusual.

57 minutes ago, Arvin said:

It's possible we're getting that Binding Blade remake that IS has expressed interested in doing, or at the very least we're getting some news about it.

That, or they're going to try their hand at yet another Fire Emblem spin-off game.

14 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I think we could get another Fire Emblem direct, as they could reveal news about Warriors and Heroes (and maybe Echoes if they're interested in adding another wave of DLC) while the lion's share of the direct be information about the switch game. Considering that nearly half of the direct last year was dedicated to Heroes, this wouldn't be unusual.

It's possible we're getting that Binding Blade remake that IS has expressed interested in doing, or at the very least we're getting some news about it.

That, or they're going to try their hand at yet another Fire Emblem spin-off game.

I doubt were getting another remake anytime soon the next new big main game is gonna be next after likely another new game and after a remake.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

54 minutes ago, TwinBlade said:

Didn't they discount the 2nd game if you bought it digitally for Fates? I can't remember but I thought that was the case. But yeah, spending $60 for two at once would suck.

well if the new game is going to serve birthright or revelations then they better split it again and give me my conquest... At least in FE case it makes sense unlike pkmn where its a complete scum...

Honestly I wouldn't mind another split game better than how Pokemon does it (oh boy the Pokemon Switch game is gonna be interesting in the price...) as long as the "Revelation" path is more thought out.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

10 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind another split game better than how Pokemon does it (oh boy the Pokemon Switch game is gonna be interesting in the price...) as long as the "Revelation" path is more thought out.

Fates would have been better without the Revelation path entirely.

The problem with IS's most controversial outings is a failure to reign in their ambition. If Fates had just been the morally grey conflict between two families and two nations of which the player could pick, the games would have been better for it. Revelation, however, causes irreparable plot damage to itself and BR/CQ by introducing tertiary plot elements that IS simply couldn't manage. With Awakening, that's the entire Valm arch. With Jugdral, it was overly ambitious map design that was too epic in scale for its own good. Etc.

The phrase "keep it simple, stupid" probably applies well to Fire Emblem at this point. A great author can handle a complicated, sprawling plot, but IS seems to be better suited for honing in on singular themes to create something great. 

Edited by Etheus

27 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Fates would have been better without the Revelation path entirely.

The problem with IS's most controversial outings is a failure to reign in their ambition. If Fates had just been the morally grey conflict between two families and two nations of which the player could pick, the games would have been better for it. Revelation, however, causes irreparable plot damage to itself and BR/CQ by introducing tertiary plot elements that IS simply couldn't manage. With Awakening, that's the entire Valm arch. With Jugdral, it was overly ambitious map design that was too epic in scale for its own good. Etc.

The phrase "keep it simple, stupid" probably applies well to Fire Emblem at this point. A great author can handle a complicated, sprawling plot, but IS seems to be better suited for honing in on singular themes to create something great. 

I don't mind revelations since it makes sense that some of the opposing playable characters have to survive or fan of said character/s wouldn't be happy most games with scenarios mostly have golden true paths so this is fine.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

we dont need a revelations path... we just need 2 games, one for veterans and one for noobs... it doesnt have to be a different story just different gameplay....

Just now, Pegasus Knight said:

we dont need a revelations path... we just need 2 games, one for veterans and one for noobs... it doesnt have to be a different story just different gameplay....

Alot of people like revelations path and I already explained why.

4 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Alot of people like revelations path and I already explained why.

yes but splitting a game to 3 paths which cost 90 dollars its not sth that will sit well if it becomes a tradition.... Now making 2 exact versions with only difference in gameplay difficulty its something people are ok and actually want.....

Edited by Pegasus Knight

Just now, Pegasus Knight said:

yes but splitting a game to 3 paths which cost 80 dollars its not sth that will sit well if it becomes a tradition.... Now making 2 exact versions with only difference in gameplay difficulty its something people are ok and actually want.....

Again their making money they know people will eat it up and that what matters to them.