FE16 "leaks"

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Again their making money they know people will eat it up and that what matters to them.

will they? FE isnt pkmn.....  They did it one time and it was quite controversial in the end.... they can make it again sure but its not guarantee that sales will go up or down...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well seeing as how I missed most of the last few days disscussion

I think Feb 22 will be the day of a Nintendo direct that will announce FE 16, I'll bet my revised Badlands on it

I think after Echoes they probably put more effort in the writing 

I think it's going to be just one version, I believe it was a one time thing

25 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I hate the idea of one version being casual and the other being hardcore.  I would much rather be able to choose whether I want grinding available alongside difficulty level and presence of permadeath.

But the glory of conquest wasnt due to lack of grinding it was due to the amazing map design.... and i doubt they will make different map designs changing with difficulty

I hope they don't split the story in two games, they don't need to make two versions to have good map design, but I don't want to pay more to have a game that answers it's own questions, or to be able to use all the characters, at least not now that the game will be on the switch, and therefore more expensive.

Also the switch is more powerful than the 3ds, if they want to do the "separate pathes depending on your choices" thing, they should be able to do it on one version on switch. It would make a nice replayability. Anyway I doubt they will sell the game in two versions again.

I'm more worried that some classes would disappear, like the Hoshido classes. I reallly liked the Onmyoji class for exemple with its levitating scrolls/zodiac summoning, but if they don't have an "asian lore" it wouldn't make a lot of sense.

47 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

Also the switch is more powerful than the 3ds, if they want to do the "separate pathes depending on your choices" thing, they should be able to do it on one version on switch. It would make a nice replayability. Anyway I doubt they will sell the game in two versions again.

I'm more worried that some classes would disappear, like the Hoshido classes. I reallly liked the Onmyoji class for exemple with its levitating scrolls/zodiac summoning, but if they don't have an "asian lore" it wouldn't make a lot of sense.

But Onmyoji is just the Sage class renamed. All magic classes could use scrolls, they were just exclusive to the Hoshidan side. 

The majority of Hoshidan classes are just the same classes renamed for a Japanese-esq society. For example: Sky Knight = Pegasus Knight, Ninja = Thief, Mymidon=Samurai, Diviner=Mage. 

I just hope classes remain unisex. I really don’t see the point of gender locking classes aside from making it too easy for broken skills to be obtained. ( Looking at you Galeforce. ) 

7 hours ago, Arvin said:

I worded that wrong. The leaker said the direct will be about 3 games. 2 of those are the FE SWITCH and DQ XI port. I cannot remember the 3rd game.

The wait would be worth it if the US release of DQXI was mentioned in the Direct.

54 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

But Onmyoji is just the Sage class renamed. All magic classes could use scrolls, they were just exclusive to the Hoshidan side. 

The majority of Hoshidan classes are just the same classes renamed for a Japanese-esq society. For example: Sky Knight = Pegasus Knight, Ninja = Thief, Mymidon=Samurai, Diviner=Mage. 

I just hope classes remain unisex. I really don’t see the point of gender locking classes aside from making it too easy for broken skills to be obtained. ( Looking at you Galeforce. ) 

Whats the point of it when My castle exists?

Edited by Pegasus Knight

17 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-mini-january-11th-early-2018-games.15661/page-102#post-3717826

Oscar/theprinceofiris has provided some clarification on his hearings of a supposed February direct on ResetEra two days back. Thought about sharing it here.

Damn it... yeah, I ain't really expecting a direct in February no more. Oscar/theprinceofiris confidence has sharply declined, and I think that coupled with the fact that we already have the first half of 2018 filled out with overpriced anti consumer ports and freaking' cardboard, a direct anytime soon is unlikely. 

Why did I even bother to get a Switch so early on...

2 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Damn it... yeah, I ain't really expecting a direct in February no more. Oscar/theprinceofiris confidence has sharply declined, and I think that coupled with the fact that we already have the first half of 2018 filled out with overpriced anti consumer ports and freaking' cardboard, a direct anytime soon is unlikely. 

Why did I even bother to get a Switch so early on...

That's way too much negativity for what has been said. A direct in February or even in the next few days is still extremely likely due to the mini direct > direct habit that Nintendo has, and how the direct page still has its blank space. It isn't certain, but you can't be that negative while having almost no information.

3 minutes ago, JustLah said:

That's way too much negativity for what has been said. A direct in February or even in the next few days is still extremely likely due to the mini direct > direct habit that Nintendo has, and how the direct page still has its blank space. It isn't certain, but you can't be that negative while having almost no information.

Huh, I suppose you're right. That pattern and the blank space on the JP direct page does restore some of my hopes. thanks lol

I've been a bit too negative with Nintendo right now with how much I feel like they are screwing Wii U owners over with their overpriced ports.Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze launched at 50 dollars for the Wii U, is currently 20 dollars as part of the Nintendo Selects line, and is now being charged for 60 dollars on Switch. 

Edited by Dandee Leone

From what I am getting at from the post, @Prince of Iris made the assumption that a February direct is supposedly coming based on several things.

1. Oscar learned that something would be unveiled on the 18th of January, which we now know as the Labo, and that Nintendo is allegedly providing a more detailed showing of the Labo later. (Whether that detailed showing is a Direct or not, we should ask him if he knows)

2.  Oscar also learned that we would learn more about the Yoshi game later.

3. Dragon Quest XI was allegedly supposed to be showed in the Mini, but it appears to have been moved to a different broadcast.

4.  The appearance of a blank Direct spot on Nintendo's page, which historically means a direct is coming soon.

5. Not a rumor, but Oscar believes that Nintendo wouldn't release Bayonetta 1 + 2 without showing it first, but admits that the date of the direct can be anytime.

2 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

Whats the point of it when My castle exists?

What if the new game doesn’t have a my castle feature? Also, if they were gender-locked, my castle wouldn’t have helped because you can only inherit skills from the same unit. 

49 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

What if the new game doesn’t have a my castle feature? Also, if they were gender-locked, my castle wouldn’t have helped because you can only inherit skills from the same unit. 

they will figure another way... i doubt mycastle is leaving entirely.... My castle units ahd all sorts of illegal skills so thats not a problem.... i mean i have found 1st gen units with aptitude etc

46 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

they will figure another way... i doubt mycastle is leaving entirely.... My castle units ahd all sorts of illegal skills so thats not a problem.... i mean i have found 1st gen units with aptitude etc

You say that, but we also thought Echoes was going to be modernized to be like Awakening/Fates so I think anything is possible. Especially since we don't seem to be having Maeda as director anymore.

2 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

I doubt My Castle will go away ^as for Echoes they did originally were gonna add more modern FE elements but they wanted to stay as original to Gaiden as possible since its a remake plus My Castle couldn't really work for that game because 1. You control 2 different lords at the same time (until endgame). 2. How Gaidens map is structured your always on the World map after battles (except dungeons) you don't end up back to your base which would be confusing into the game. 3. Opposing armies can't support with the other once merged so it wouldn't be any point.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

31 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I doubt My Castle will go away ^as for Echoes they did originally were gonna add more modern FE elements but they wanted to stay as original to Gaiden as possible since its a remake plus My Castle couldn't really work for that game because 1. You control 2 different lords at the same time (until endgame). 2. How Gaidens map is structured your always on the World map after battles (except dungeons) you don't end up back to your base which would be confusing into the game. 3. Opposing armies can't support with the other once merged so it wouldn't be any point.

Well shit. There went that hope. I don't really like my castle in the slightest, but this makes me think it might come back after all. Oh well. Not everything can be perfect.

7 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Well shit. There went that hope. I don't really like my castle in the slightest, but this makes me think it might come back after all. Oh well. Not everything can be perfect.

If they have to bring back My Castle, I'd like it to be kept out of the single player and relegated to the online aspect of the game. I don't mind the concept (even if I'm not interested in it), but I don't like how they implemented My Castle into the story.

Oscar needs to start putting more clarification into his wording,so we can know when he's speculating and when he's sharing actual information.

At this point I got burned too many times,I'm tired of getting excited so I will be disappointed again in the near future.There are hints and evidence that another direct is coming soon but I'm afraid of getting too excited this time.

7 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Oscar needs to start putting more clarification into his wording,so we can know when he's speculating and when he's sharing actual information.

At this point I got burned too many times,I'm tired of getting excited so I will be disappointed again in the near future.There are hints and evidence that another direct is coming soon but I'm afraid of getting too excited this time.

I'm in the same boat I hope he's more accurate with what he discovers. So at any rate the potential bigger direct can come at any time I'm still banking on February since the months almost over.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn