FE16 "leaks"

35 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I'm in the same boat I hope he's more accurate with what he discovers. So at any rate the potential bigger direct can come at any time I'm still banking on February since the months almost over.

Me too.  I'm still confident we should get something soon.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Me too.  I'm still confident we should get something soon.

Well, February is just around the corner, as is Heroes' Anniversary. Maybe we'll hear something within or sometime after that time frame.

The more I think about it, the more I think that a Feb. direct is unlikely. The Mini direct this month unfortunately did fill out Nintendo's release schedule up until May, with overpriced ports and third party games that will more than likely run much worse than their Sony/Microsoft counterparts. From that point of view, it was the "least mini" of all the Mini Directs. Combine this with the following week where literal 80 dollar cardboard was confirmed for April, and yeah, I don't see Nintendo seeing the need to unleash their big guns, including Fire Emblem, anytime soon.

^I don't see why not? Makes sense to reveal most/few big things planned for the year even for a trailer plus the whole Mini direct-Big direct pattern. Fire Emblem always mostly get tease very early in the year (FE Switch is definitely a big deal since nothing for January as of now breaking the January streak) a trailer would be perfect for February since lots of cool things for Fire Emblem is happening next month.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

52 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that a Feb. direct is unlikely. The Mini direct this month unfortunately did fill out Nintendo's release schedule up until May, with overpriced ports and third party games that will more than likely run much worse than their Sony/Microsoft counterparts. From that point of view, it was the "least mini" of all the Mini Directs. Combine this with the following week where literal 80 dollar cardboard was confirmed for April, and yeah, I don't see Nintendo seeing the need to unleash their big guns, including Fire Emblem, anytime soon.

Nitendo wants to sell more than 20 mil switch this year... it wont happen unless they release a big title....

On 1/26/2018 at 5:58 PM, BZL8 said:

From what I am getting at from the post, @Prince of Iris made the assumption that a February direct is supposedly coming based on several things.

1. Oscar learned that something would be unveiled on the 18th of January, which we now know as the Labo, and that Nintendo is allegedly providing a more detailed showing of the Labo later. (Whether that detailed showing is a Direct or not, we should ask him if he knows)

2.  Oscar also learned that we would learn more about the Yoshi game later.

3. Dragon Quest XI was allegedly supposed to be showed in the Mini, but it appears to have been moved to a different broadcast.

4.  The appearance of a blank Direct spot on Nintendo's page, which historically means a direct is coming soon.

5. Not a rumor, but Oscar believes that Nintendo wouldn't release Bayonetta 1 + 2 without showing it first, but admits that the date of the direct can be anytime.

To answer the question, my initial understanding of what the showing is supposed to be was a Nintendo Direct, but at this time I don't have anything conclusive enough to determine how exactly that will play out. It may or may not, I don't know right now. If you happen to come across any older claims from me indicating otherwise, I would suggest not relying on them so much. But yes, multiple sources have told me that Nintendo will deliver additional news about Nintendo Labo next month. I continue to stand by this.

The last three points in no way influenced how I was left to believe there's supposed to be a Nintendo Direct in February though, because they only occurred to me after the fact. I think there's decent reason to have hope for another one soon, but at the moment I don't have enough to say for sure either way.

15 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Oscar needs to start putting more clarification into his wording,so we can know when he's speculating and when he's sharing actual information.

At this point I got burned too many times,I'm tired of getting excited so I will be disappointed again in the near future.There are hints and evidence that another direct is coming soon but I'm afraid of getting too excited this time.

I already have been, but it's easier said than done. Unfortunately, even with that, many other people (mainly on Twitter, not specifically anyone here) are inclined to infer their own conclusions from the simplest things I say under the impression that I'm constantly trying to tease things, when the reality is that I'm not and have only made two or so posts where I explicitly made it clear I was sharing my findings. I've more or less exhausted what I can say about it all at this time, so I don't plan on saying much more for a while, until next time. That said, I will continue in my efforts to be careful about what I say and how.

Just as I was able to say previously that FE Switch wouldn't be at one event or another, I think I should eventually be able to detail which one it will be at when the time comes, and hopefully more if I'm permitted. As far as I know, the game's always been under heavy lock and key, so as I said before, do take great caution with any supposed leaks that come about, especially those that share a lot of information about its contents.

Edited by Prince of Iris

1 hour ago, Pegasus Knight said:

Nitendo wants to sell more than 20 mil switch this year... it wont happen unless they release a big title....

Like Pokémon Switch, right? Or maybe even Super Smash Bros. Switch? After all, Fire Emblem isn't the kind of game that will send people rushing to the stores to buy a Switch.

34 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Like Pokémon Switch, right? Or maybe even Super Smash Bros. Switch? After all, Fire Emblem isn't the kind of game that will send people rushing to the stores to buy a Switch.

Fire Emblem's not a system seller to most, but the Switch is at that point where people really want something more than just Zelda and Mario to push them over the edge and buy a Switch.

Nintendo IPs sell Nintendo systems. Fire Emblem's become one of Nintendo's bigger IPs, and it'd absolutely push a fair number of people over the edge into getting one. Obviously Pokemon and Smash would be total system sellers, but those are two of the best selling gaming IPs of all time. Of course they'd be a bigger draw to millions more people than Fire Emblem. But Smash didn't save the Wii U. The Wii U also showed that there needs to be a bit more than just the UBER BIG hits like Mario Kart and Smash to make a successful console. There need to be some lower profile games to round out a system's library.

Edited by Slumber

I still believe FE16 will get a trailer in February the question is WHEN? of course alot would say the FE Heroes Anniversary is possible which imo would be absolutely perfect setting for the occasion. It could be later in the month. I say the sooner the definite better need to bring discussion and analysis.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

25 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

FE isnt pkmn but pkmn wont come till 2019... zelda and mario have already released... Nintendo knows that they wont meet their expectations just by releasing the mini direct games.... FE is definitely coming in the first half of 2018!

Nitendo needs to show people that is worth it to buy switch since they have big exclusive titles on the SHELVES not waiting them to come ...

Edited by Pegasus Knight

FE isnt pkmn but pkmn wont come till 2019... zelda and mario have already released... Nintendo knows that they wont meet their expectations just by releasing the mini direct games.... FE is definitely coming in the first half of 2018!

Nitendo needs to show people that is worth it to buy switch since they have big exclusive titles on the SHELVES not waiting them to come ...

Fire Emblem could very well be one of Nintendo's big holiday titles.

Yeah, I don't see it happening in the first half of the year. Instead it would release around August to November. I think they are still trying to push Pokemon to come out 2018, and if it does it would get the holiday slot.

2 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

You're deluding yourself if you think that FE is going to change that.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

On 1/25/2018 at 5:03 PM, JustLah said:

So there's this thing I've been wondering for a while, reading this thread and expecting news from the game. I'm not sure if it's a possibility because I have no clue how marketing works and how it's related to leaks and such, but here is my thought; Is it possible that IS decided to reveal FE Switch later than they first intended to due to the leaks that happened with SoV's Japanese version? 

With marketing and leaking, sometimes companies have a "leak" to get people talking and speculating before the announcement, as a way to build up hype. Of course we don't know which companies practice this per se, with Internet anonymity and such, but it's a good tactic to grab attention before you even show off what deserves it. Miss Leaker may be one such employee.

Now if you're talking about datamining leaks like SoV, this really doesn't help the company. It spoils some of the secrets of the game and you may lose some sales numbers, which is why they try to shut down/take down YouTube videos showing it off. It does get attention though.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:06 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

I doubt we're getting another dedicated Fire Emblem direct just for one game, so I imagine it'll be a general Direct with Fire Emblem Switch shown off alongside other potential juggernauts for 2018.

After giving it some more thought, I don't think we're going to see Vampire Emblem, but maybe, just maybe, we might get something even crazier.

Also, fanservice.  (But if we have to go this way, my fingers are crossed for a hot Axe-wielding female Lord.)

FE is one of their bigger IPs, so I do think it may get a lot of screen time in the next direct. Xenoblade got one and they're not even one of the big IPs. They have FE Switch to show off, FE Heroes anniversary next month, and the Archanea DLC for Warriors (Navarre, Minerva, and Linde hype), so they have quite a bit to show off.

15 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I doubt it'll be a holiday title likely fall or even summer if possible

I also agree with this. FE has never been a Holiday release title, and I think it'll stay that way. If it's revealed in February, I highly doubt the release date would be the Holidays. FE reveals happens just a few months before release (usually).

I don't see pokemon being released this year but if it does I expect it to be a holiday title.FE may not be a system seller but it'll be one of nintendos biggest 1st party games that'll come out this year.So I expect Big N will put atleast some focus on it.And finally I don't see how nintendo will sell 20 mil concoles just by focusing on overpriced ports,they have to show their big guns eventually,rather sooner than later.

FE will be released in the Fall at the latest. Very late Spring or Summer at the earliest.It has never been a holiday title IIRC. I am dying for news. Nintendo is really making me regret buying a Switch at launch, I still only have 3 games on it to date, FE Warriors, Zelda, and Odyssey. Haven't seen a single other title worth getting and it's really annoying me I've had the console for a year in March and have nothing to play on it.

Actually starting to regret purchasing so soon, and that's not a good thing for the Switch. Ps4 gets me to buy 20ish games a year, and if Nintendo can't even manage to make me buy even a 4th of that... Not a good sign. They need to step it up this year. Switch is a fun console, great design, and satisfying to play, but we have very limited options. Not interested in ports, I've already played all those damn things, Nintendo can't expect to rely on ports to generate their console sales that they're expecting.

Edited by TwinBlade

1 hour ago, TwinBlade said:

FE will be released in the Fall at the latest. Very late Spring or Summer at the earliest.It has never been a holiday title IIRC. I am denying for news. Nintendo is really making me regret buying a Switch at launch, I still only have 3 games on it to date, FE Warriors, Zelda, and Odyssey. Haven't seen a single other title worth getting and it's really annoying me I've had the console for a year in March and have nothing to play on it.

Actually starting to regret purchasing so soon, and that's not a good thing for the Switch. Ps4 gets me to buy 20ish games a year, and if Nintendo can't even manage to make me buy even a 4th of that... Not a good sign. They need to step it up this year. Switch is a fun console, great design, and satisfying to play, but we have very limited options. Not interested in ports, I've already played all those damn things, Nintendo can't expect to rely on ports to generate their console sales that they're expecting.

Agreed,I'm also starting to regret buying the concole early,not to mention the primary reason I bought it was for FE switch and a year later we still don't know jack about it.Instead the Big N puts all it's focus on overpriced boxes and ports.

4 hours ago, TwinBlade said:

FE will be released in the Fall at the latest. Very late Spring or Summer at the earliest.It has never been a holiday title IIRC. I am dying for news. Nintendo is really making me regret buying a Switch at launch, I still only have 3 games on it to date, FE Warriors, Zelda, and Odyssey. Haven't seen a single other title worth getting and it's really annoying me I've had the console for a year in March and have nothing to play on it.

3 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Agreed,I'm also starting to regret buying the concole early,not to mention the primary reason I bought it was for FE switch and a year later we still don't know jack about it.Instead the Big N puts all it's focus on overpriced boxes and ports.

lets hope for both of u that Nitendo wont pull a 3ds on teh switch with all the new versions of it....

9 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

lets hope for both of u that Nitendo wont pull a 3ds on teh switch with all the new versions of it....

There may be multiple versions, but it doesn't stop anyone from playing all the games, so it's ok.

Just now, familyplayer said:

There may be multiple versions, but it doesn't stop anyone from playing all the games, so it's ok.

Try to play USUM on the old 3DS...

and i actually hate that Nintendo tactic... i dont want to spend 300 euros on the switch only for a fancier improved version to come up later

7 hours ago, TwinBlade said:

I feel like people are getting pessimistic that a game that was stated to be released this year might be teased two weeks later than expected, which seems a little hyperbolic to me.

And yeah, getting a console at launch generally isn't the best thing to do in the world. Historically, nearly every console has a dry spell in between launch, and a year or so post-launch. It's actually been getting worse in recent years. I can't recall really a single game worth getting a PS4 for until Bloodborne, which was a full year and a half away from the PS4's release. Sony relied heavily on remasters like GTA5 and TLoU to pad out their library until then, which... had absolutely nothing original on it. Instead of Zelda and Mario, you got Killzone: Shadowfall and Knack, which the more I think about those games, sounds like a threat. There was Rezogun, but that'd be more comparable to some of the Swtich's indie collection than a major tent-pole release.

Even 4+ years into the PS4's life, I think I got 2 games last year for it(Nioh and Persona 5). Maybe me being primarily a PC gamer has something to do with it, but I pretty much only get games that I can only get on these systems, and 2017 wasn't a fantastic year for the PS4 in that regard. Even if I liked Ubisoft's design philosophy, I can only think of maybe one more game that I'd get last year for the PS4, and that would have been Horizon(I hate Ubisoft design philosophy, so I didn't get the game everyone said was just an Ubisoft game done better). I might have also gotten one of the Yakuza games, but the releases of that series have been so weird that it feels weird to jump in now. Guess how many original games I got for the Switch? Also 2.

I'm rambling. Point is, just wait until a proper direct before everyone starts getting doom-and-gloom about a system that has been out for less than a year. We know a Fire Emblem is coming. Burning your Switch isn't going to somehow make it come out faster.

Edited by Slumber

I'm not going to lie when I say I don't play games nearly as much as I used to,

but with the switch last year I ended up buying 8 or 9 games on it, which is them most I've bought since starting college back in 2014, so I'd say it was a good year for me

overall I still think we'll see something about the game in February or April, but not March, I think they'll show it off on the 20th of April if they don't at all in February

I’d say a trailer in Feb is likely. If it doesn’t show up then, maybe April-May? Either way I think we can remove early this year as a possibility. If it was coming out by May of this year it would have been announced already. 

Im just glad to see several of those leaks from the Jan Direct be false. FE Mutiny especially.

Edited by Tolvir

I'm guessing February too with a release in Summer or Fall. If it isn't revealed in February then I'm not gonna get my hopes up until E3, even though I think it's unlikely that it'll be revealed there. If anything we'll probably see a teaser sometime before and then a good bit of info for it at E3.