FE16 "leaks"

February/March reveal trailer, Fall/Winter simultaneous release with a dedicated direct a few weeks prior to release. I also think this game will pop up at E3 this year. It is definitely too late for a release before Q2.

And another thing, buying a console in anticipation of or to just play an upcoming game is usually not a good idea since people tend to regret spending the money on the console. Buy a console only if there is an existing library of games that interest you. I did that when I purchased both the PS4 and the Switch. Didn't even buy the PS4 until 3.5 years later when Nier, FFXV, and Persona came out and only considered getting the Switch when Zelda, Odyssey, and Splatoon, as well as a set of indie games had already come out.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man do some of y'all have really good jobs or what? 20ish games a year for one console? Damnnnn are you getting deals or what. I wouldn't even have the time to play all of those. I barely have time for the small amount of Switch/PS4 games I have.

1 hour ago, BZL8 said:

February/March reveal trailer, Fall/Winter simultaneous release with a dedicated direct a few weeks prior to release. I also think this game will pop up at E3 this year. It is definitely too late for a release before Q2.

Again I heavily doubt it'll be Winter Fall at the very best. February is where my money it'll be revealed unless Switches Anniversary will be big. E3 for demos I can see.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

32 minutes ago, WolfWind said:

I presume that the vampire leak is debunked because Miss leaker said that more details on the game would be shown off in a Direct in January, but we've seen nothing thus far.  

It may or may not be real. I just want them to reveal the game, regardless of what it is.

34 minutes ago, WolfWind said:

I presume that the vampire leak is debunked because Miss leaker said that more details on the game would be shown off in a Direct in January, but we've seen nothing thus far.  

I honestly just forgot about that leak at this point I'm just waiting till the reveal for anything really now.

4 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I honestly just forgot about that leak at this point I'm just waiting till the reveal for anything really now.

Doubt that leak is real anyways. I've been waiting for so long for even the games title to be revealed. They've had plenty of opportunities to show off the game they just haven't yet.

3 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

I mean, I want the vampire leak to be false so we don't have to stop making our hack.

I want it to be false because it seems like serious shark jumping. 

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

I want it to be false because it seems like serious shark jumping. 

Same here, it just doesn't feel like fire emblem and after edgy emblem (conquest) it seems almost cynical for them to go even further into even edgier emblem with vampires.

10 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Same here, it just doesn't feel like fire emblem and after edgy emblem (conquest) it seems almost cynical for them to go even further into even edgier emblem with vampires.

Even just the focus seems weird. 

Why, after 15 straight games of medieval fantasy, would you go straight to Victorian horror fantasy where you play as a vampire?

I mean, the Souls games kinda did that, but they at least made Bloodborne its own IP instead of making it another Dark Souls, and it was the 4th game made using that template, not the 15th.

People always bring up how Final Fantasy went from medieval fantasy to modern/futuristic dystopia setting with 7, but the focus of the game at least stayed the same comparatively to the preceeding games. You didn't play as vampires or something else that disconnects the series further from the previous games(Shut up. Vincent doesn't count.) You were in a different styled world, but the tone was still Final Fantasy. 

Edited by Slumber

Fire Emblem Heroes' 1 year anniversary is on the second of February... I'd say our chances for a Fire Emblem focused direct are higher this week than any other this month, where they could detail updates to FE Heroes, Shadow Dragon DLC for Warriors, and the FE Switch reveal, plust anything else they may have hidden. If it doesn't happen, then its safe to say that FE Switch will be revealed in a General Nintendo Direct instead. 

Edited by Dandee Leone

I don't understand why everyone keeps insisting that we're gonna get the reveal at E3.Even Nintendo knows thats a dumb move since obviously the game is going to be overshadowed by every other game that gets revealed from different developers or companies.It would be wiser if we get a reveal now and at E3 some additional info. 

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Conquest may have been thematically edgy, but it is by far the most ridiculous, silly game in the series.

It gave us Camilla, Elise, Peri, Arthur, Charlotte, Felicia, and Odin among others. The game is borderline impossible to take seriously because of such a large percentage of the cast being immersion breaking cartoons.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Conquest may have been thematically edgy, but it is by far the most ridiculous, silly game in the series.

It gave us Camilla, Elise, Peri, Arthur, Charlotte, Felicia, and Odin among others. The game is borderline impossible to take seriously because of such a large percentage of the cast being immersion breaking cartoons.

This literally is the last reason why i dont take conquest story seriously....  and if PERI isnt edgy with that spelling introduction what it is? edgy doesnt mean serious its actually means someone trying too hard to be cool, almost to a point where it's cringe worthy... so i guess conquest was really edgy...

Awakening has as many "ridiculous" characters as Fates anyway ...

Edited by Pegasus Knight

On 1/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, Slumber said:

I feel like people are getting pessimistic that a game that was stated to be released this year might be teased two weeks later than expected, which seems a little hyperbolic to me.

And yeah, getting a console at launch generally isn't the best thing to do in the world. Historically, nearly every console has a dry spell in between launch, and a year or so post-launch. It's actually been getting worse in recent years. I can't recall really a single game worth getting a PS4 for until Bloodborne, which was a full year and a half away from the PS4's release. Sony relied heavily on remasters like GTA5 and TLoU to pad out their library until then, which... had absolutely nothing original on it. Instead of Zelda and Mario, you got Killzone: Shadowfall and Knack, which the more I think about those games, sounds like a threat. There was Rezogun, but that'd be more comparable to some of the Swtich's indie collection than a major tent-pole release.

Even 4+ years into the PS4's life, I think I got 2 games last year for it(Nioh and Persona 5). Maybe me being primarily a PC gamer has something to do with it, but I pretty much only get games that I can only get on these systems, and 2017 wasn't a fantastic year for the PS4 in that regard. Even if I liked Ubisoft's design philosophy, I can only think of maybe one more game that I'd get last year for the PS4, and that would have been Horizon(I hate Ubisoft design philosophy, so I didn't get the game everyone said was just an Ubisoft game done better). I might have also gotten one of the Yakuza games, but the releases of that series have been so weird that it feels weird to jump in now. Guess how many original games I got for the Switch? Also 2.

I'm rambling. Point is, just wait until a proper direct before everyone starts getting doom-and-gloom about a system that has been out for less than a year. We know a Fire Emblem is coming. Burning your Switch isn't going to somehow make it come out faster.

I'm a patient guy, so I can only assume you misunderstood me, or I may not have made myself clear, so I'll hopefully clear things up. I am not angry or otherwise upset because the announcement wasn't when we thought it would be. I'm more directly annoyed with Nintendo for only releasing 3 Major titles in the first year. I don't consider ports and remakes, to be major titles. I have a collection of 50+ games on the 3ds, and I'm sure I bought at least 10 the first year it came out. I've only bought 3 thus far for the Switch.

I'm disappointed there hasn't even been much marketing for major titles as of yet either. I'm not a fan of Kirby, but I know that's a major title for most. So that just leaves Yoshi, and Fire Emblem are games that we know about. Nothing is known about the next Metroid, or Pokemon, so I'm a bit irritated I really have zero things to look forward to yet. Imo Nintendo is not capitalizing effectively on the hype they've built around the Switch, and have thus far relied solely on 2 big titles, and a ass load of ports and indie games to drum up their sales. Not what I'd consider a good start to the year.

Oh and, I'd highly recommend getting Horizon. Personally, it doesn't have an Ubisoft feel to it at all, and I've played all the AC games. That game had me absolutely captivated. In its story, its breathtaking views, its challenges. Everything about that game made me appreciate it. And it is absolutely my favorite ps4 game I've ever played.

Edited by TwinBlade

The most fun time its the pre-release time.... From the moment the first trailer drops to the moment the game is released and u get to play... the journey is amazing! I havent done this with FE but i have done it many times with PKMN... the tease u almost 9 months before the release time but they are so consistent with their teasers that u have every month sth new to discuss with the community...  FE should start hyping their game soon!!

25 minutes ago, TwinBlade said:

I'm more directly annoyed with Nintendo for only releasing 3 Major titles in the first year.

It's a lot better than them releasing all of their games early on and then having nothing to follow up with in their second year.

49 minutes ago, TwinBlade said:

I'm a patient guy, so I can only assume you misunderstood me, or I may not have made myself clear, so I'll hopefully clear things up. I am not angry or otherwise upset because the announcement wasn't when we thought it would be. I'm more directly annoyed with Nintendo for only releasing 3 Major titles in the first year. I don't consider ports and remakes, to be major titles. I have a collection of 50+ games on the 3ds, and I'm sure I bought at least 10 the first year it came out. I've only bought 3 thus far for the Switch.

I'm disappointed there hasn't even been much marketing for major titles as of yet either. I'm not a fan of Kirby, but I know that's a major title for most. So that just leaves Yoshi, and Fire Emblem are games that we know about. Nothing is known about the next Metroid, or Pokemon, so I'm a bit irritated I really have zero things to look forward to yet. Imo Nintendo is not capitalizing effectively on the hype they've built around the Switch, and have thus far relied solely on 2 big titles, and a ass load of ports and indie games to drum up their sales. Not what I'd consider a good start to the year.

Oh and, I'd highly recommend getting Horizon. Personally, it doesn't have an Ubisoft feel to it at all, and I've played all the AC games. That game had me absolutely captivated. In its story, its breathtaking views, its challenges. Everything about that game made me appreciate it. And it is absolutely my favorite ps4 game I've ever played.

Console games take much more time and resources to make than handheld games. Better to let games out bit by bit than blow up the entire stack and have nothing for a while (case in point: Wii U).

2 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

This literally is the last reason why i dont take conquest story seriously....  and if PERI isnt edgy with that spelling introduction what it is? edgy doesnt mean serious its actually means someone trying too hard to be cool, almost to a point where it's cringe worthy... so i guess conquest was really edgy...

Awakening has as many "ridiculous" characters as Fates anyway ...

There are much bigger issues than a few joke characters in the Fates story. That's not something that I am even attempting to deny. However, when something is edgy, it's typically the result of a desire to make something dark. If something succeeds at being dark, it is dark. The Dark Knight is dark. If something tries and fails to be dark, it's edgy. Batman vs. Superman is edgy.

Aside from the terrible writing of Fates, the absurdity of so many of Conquests' characters are a huge contributing factor to it falling out of dark territory and into edgy territory. Immersion breakers are a big deal when something is attempting to be taken seriously. That's why someone like Arthur - arguably the most absurd character in the entire series - not only sticks out like a sore thumb, but effectively drains any gravity the story might have had when he's around. For all of its faults, Birthright is actually better about this.... mostly. Characters like Azama provide some level of comedy relief without killing the mood entirely. I think that most of us can take, for example, Hinata seriously despite there being some comic relief to his character, but can the same be said of Peri?

Also, Awakening did have ridiculous characters, and plenty of them. But Awakening wasn't trying to be a "dark" or "evil" story like Conquest was. It had a plotline which could be taken seriously (and I'd argue that it did a much better job of presenting a dark story than Conquest did because Grima is a much better villain than Garon or Anankos), but there was also an inherent joy to the game. Awakening, for all of its faults, was intended to be a last goodbye - a love letter to the fans. It wasn't trying to be super serious or dark for its own sake, but rather to fulfill some of the popular requests that fans had been making throughout franchise history while producing something heartfelt. That's why I can forgive it for a lot. Conquest was trying to be a dark story and completely failed at achieving this right out of the gate. Awakening was trying to be a memorable game and a summary of all of the themes and elements that make this series as great as it is, and I would argue that it succeeded, despite not necessarily being the best written narrative. 

As a longtime fan since Melee, I cringe on the idea of a gothic horror theme. The series needs to stay true to its medieval theme. Do those type of changes in spinoff titles like TMS:#FE.

If the devs really wants to make it a gothic horror theme, at least do it so that it doesn't ruin the feel of the game series.