FE16 "leaks"

5 hours ago, Etheus said:

That's why someone like Arthur - arguably the most absurd character in the entire series - not only sticks out like a sore thumb, but effectively drains any gravity the story might have had when he's around.

Yaaaaas. Exactly my thoughts on this joke of a character. I mean, this dude like literally came right out of a Codename STEAM fanfiction written by a main character in a superhero TV show.

EDIT: I just realized I double-posted. I'm sorry guys.

Edited by miiworld2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a problem that I personally want a "Cosmic Horror Story" Fire Emblem? If IntSys is going to introduce Outrealms, dimensional-hopping, time-traveling, etc., one could wonder if there something out there far more terrifying than just a berserk dragon or a mad goddess. Though such a genre might be troubling for the series.

7 hours ago, TwinBlade said:

I'm a patient guy, so I can only assume you misunderstood me, or I may not have made myself clear, so I'll hopefully clear things up. I am not angry or otherwise upset because the announcement wasn't when we thought it would be. I'm more directly annoyed with Nintendo for only releasing 3 Major titles in the first year. I don't consider ports and remakes, to be major titles. I have a collection of 50+ games on the 3ds, and I'm sure I bought at least 10 the first year it came out. I've only bought 3 thus far for the Switch.

Are you positive about this? I bought a 3DS at launch, but I remember the first year being so incredibly bare bones it wasn't even funny. Now, I believe you when you say you got 10 games, since I got 9 myself, but more than half of them were ports. On Switch I own a lot more and there's even stuff I want to get but can't due to lack of time and money.

As someone who went through both, Switch Year 1 just annihilates 3DS Year 1. There's no comparison.

Unless there's a direct in the next two days... looks like Miss Leaker's information is most likely false and built upon guesses. She did show doubt in her source, so the likelihood she was fed false information or she just a marketing tactic to build up hype are higher now.

13 hours ago, Corrobin said:

I mean, I want the vampire leak to be false so we don't have to stop making our hack.

How far are you guys in the development cycle %-wise? Or do all of y'all have some sort of NDA?

2 hours ago, miiworld2 said:

As a longtime fan since Melee, I cringe on the idea of a gothic horror theme. The series needs to stay true to its medieval theme. Do those type of changes in spinoff titles like TMS:#FE.

If the devs really wants to make it a gothic horror theme, at least do it so that it doesn't ruin the feel of the game series.

Maybe a separate IP with the Victorian Gothic setting can be made. It won't a Fire Emblem, but a sister series instead.

1 hour ago, BZL8 said:

Is it a problem that I personally want a "Cosmic Horror Story" Fire Emblem? If IntSys is going to introduce Outrealms, dimensional-hopping, time-traveling, etc., one could wonder if there something out there far more terrifying than just a berserk dragon or a mad goddess. Though such a genre might be troubling for the series.

Like I said above, could be a cool thing for a separate IP.

3 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Maybe a separate IP with the Victorian Gothic setting can be made. It won't a Fire Emblem, but a sister series instead.

Like I said above, could be a cool thing for a separate IP.

Like how Street Fighter and Darkstalkers are similar fighting game series, but have radically different aesthetics that separates them from each other.

1 minute ago, Chconroy said:

Like how Street Fighter and Darkstalkers are similar fighting game series, but have radically different aesthetics that separates them from each other.

Exactly! They could use the word Medallion instead of Emblem as well. Or Trinket, or Artifact. IS should be big enough now to have a smaller and separate team to work on it as well.

Feh channel confirmed for FE Heroes anniversary? Yeah, that means there is no chance that a Fire Emblem focused direct will happen this month. Crossing my fingers for a general direct this month or the next.

Edited by Dandee Leone

^I doubt that means no focus direct because of the Feh channel since their 2 separate focuses(even FE Warriors DLC w/characters gets revealed on Koei Techmo's channel) and the Feh channel isn't a direct at its core but I'm more in line that a big main general is coming though.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

15 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Fire Emblem Switch has been reaffirmed for a 2018 release in Nintendo's latest financial earnings report. 

On Page 7 of this official document: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf

It's not much, but it's good to know that this game is still on track for 2018 as far as we know.

19 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Fire Emblem Switch has been reaffirmed for a 2018 release in Nintendo's latest financial earnings report. 

On Page 7 of this official document: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf

Obviously expected 

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

4 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

Interesting.  It has to be revealed soon if it's going to come out this December at the latest.

13 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

Obviously gonna happen on a mini off topic note Pokemon is slated 2018 "or later" which is interesting but yeah just look out for the big direct announcement which can happen any day now.

The only thing I care about now is a sign that the game is coming. Poster, teaser, etc., those will do.

By the way, should the topic title be changed now since this has become the de facto general discussion page?

On 29/01/2018 at 9:00 AM, WolfWind said:

I presume that the vampire leak is debunked because Miss leaker said that more details on the game would be shown off in a Direct in January, but we've seen nothing thus far.  

To be fair to @Mis Leaker, a lot of leakers were thrown off by the Mini Direct (e.g. Laura Kate Dale) and thought it was a full one until the day before it came out.

I think mid/late-Feb is a safe bet for a reveal, since Nintendo probably wants FE16 out in the open before E3.

On 1/31/2018 at 4:27 PM, BZL8 said:

The only thing I care about now is a sign that the game is coming. Poster, teaser, etc., those will do.

We just got that.

Nintendo reaffirmed in their earnings report that Fire Emblem was still scheduled for this year.

I was expecting that there would be a direct before the release of Bayonetta 1+2, since it hasn't been shown off in a direct yet, but then I remembered that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was never shown off in a direct before its release.

I think March is way more likely, especially since that is the month of the Switch's 1 year release.

Edited by Dandee Leone