FE16 "leaks"

On 2/4/2018 at 7:18 AM, The Lazy Tactician said:

My biggest fear is that nintendo will make us wait untill E3 to show anything at all.I just hope that by the end of this month we'll have something to talk about.

I believe Oscar PoI had a mention regarding this where someone ask about it and said they are VERY cold so its very safe to assume we'll see something way before then.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I believe Oscar PoI had a mention regarding this where someone ask about it and said they are VERY cold so its very safe to assume we'll see something way before then.

Yea I remember this tweet but what he said was actual information or just an educated guess told in a confidence?I do hope he's right because I'm tired of waiting for news every day.

I seriously feel like by the time they announce something I'm not going to be excited anymore ... like I'll have a "meh" reaction or something.  I feel a bit sad that I feel totally unenthused now. :/  I just come and check this thread from time to time to see what people are saying rather than because I expect to get anything.

23 minutes ago, Mox said:

I seriously feel like by the time they announce something I'm not going to be excited anymore ... like I'll have a "meh" reaction or something.  I feel a bit sad that I feel totally unenthused now. :/  I just come and check this thread from time to time to see what people are saying rather than because I expect to get anything.

Well, unless IS' first update on it is announcing the game is going to be delayed, it beats the hell of out waiting for a game 5 years since its 1st announcement. Detailed dev updates can only get you so far...

12 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

An idea that just occurred to me; how would everyone feel if FE 16 had to be delayed, but a smaller team released another remake of a Japan-only title?

Well, the immediate effect will definitely be a very salty western fanbase because of the "Japan-only" part, that's for sure.

Edited by Watchman

We know that the game will come out this year but probably during the fall.And I agree about losing excitment about the game,I was more excited about it last month than I am now.I'm tired of speculating,I want actual info to digest.

And btw we have more rumors about a bigger direct coming out this month: https://gamerant.com/nintendo-direct-february-2018-rumor/

15 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

We know that the game will come out this year but probably during the fall.And I agree about losing excitment about the game,I was more excited about it last month than I am now.I'm tired of speculating,I want actual info to digest.

And btw we have more rumors about a bigger direct coming out this month: https://gamerant.com/nintendo-direct-february-2018-rumor/

Hasn't everyone been thinking that there would be a direct before the release of Bayonetta 1+2 on Switch? The supposed date is in-between February 12th and 15th and Bayonetta 1+2 comes out on the 16th, the timing would match up if this is true.

45 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Well, the immediate effect will definitely be a very salty western fanbase because of the "Japan-only" part, that's for sure.

Well Oscar said a while ago on his twitter that Big N delayed the game to localize it so they can release it worldwide at the same time.But honestly as long as the game comes out this year that's all I care.

Edited by The Lazy Tactician

If that rumor is true we could potentially get a FE16 reveal next week. I really hope it is. After all, surely even IS (if not Nintendo themselves) realise announcing a game over a year before revealing it is a...strange idea, right?

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

If that rumor is true we could potentially get a FE16 reveal next week. I really hope it is. After all, surely even IS (if not Nintendo themselves) realise announcing a game over a year before revealing it is a...strange idea, right?

Atlus didn't when they announced Tokyo Mirage Sessions.  We had to wait over two years after the initial Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem announcement to hear more about it.

So at this point one year is nothing to me.

Im very, very confident that we'll get a Direct this month. Like the Gamerant article said, we have very little info on what Nintendo's plans for the Switch are in 2018 and people are getting antsy, and I think Nintendo knows Switch owners will be upset if we dont get information soon, especially considering the large amounts of units sold. People are gonna start returning or selling their Switch's soon if no big titles are showcased, and a Direct is the perfect place to do just that.

Another reason I feel like a Direct will happen this month is because of the Jan. Mini Direct. If Nintendo knows the public is waiting for some big Switch titles for 2018, then they'd definitely want to use a Mini to get any remasters or ports out of the way. That way they can give new games such as Pokemon Switch, FE Switch, Bayonetta 3,  SMTV, Yoshi Switch, and Project Octopath Traveler (not saying these would all be in the Direct, but just some potential titles that could) time slots to be shown off in a full Direct.

Edited by Talcinel

11 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Some random twitter user said something random and claims it was randomly verified by two sources?

... we should just dismiss this as the Internet going crazy over anything Nintendo.

And speaking of there being a direct before the release of Bayonetta 1+2, I doubt that Bayo even needs to be shown off in a direct at all at this point. Game Press sites have already uploaded a ton of gameplay footage, and there have been new trailers and such to cover amiibo functionality. 

Kirby Star Allies which launches in March is way more likely to be shown off again in a direct, especially since its a first party original game (not a port).

Edited by Dandee Leone

13 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Yup this makes sense to me and its VERY close till then next week to be precise so we'll see then if not the Switch's 1 year anniversary in very early March is the next safer bet but I'm still banking for this month.

3 minutes ago, LaserDuda said:

A placeholder is up for FE16 on the Nintendo UK website. https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Fire-Emblem-for-Nintendo-Switch-working-title--1175482.html

Better than nothing, but the description is just what was said in the Fire Emblem Direct last year.

I think we addressed that a page or so back

24 minutes ago, LaserDuda said:

My bad, I should've checked before posting. Either way I hope this means we might see something soon.

I sure hope so...

It's hilarious that the description is word for word Marth's narration from the FE Direct :P

When the top post on the "Fire Emblem" Reddit page is the link to the placeholder, people are definitely thirsty for information. :P:

1 hour ago, BZL8 said:

When the top post on the "Fire Emblem" Reddit page is the link to the placeholder, people are definitely thirsty for information. :P:

Not to mention that post also cause people to start topics regarding that placeholder's contents. :huh:

This reminds me of the time when everyone plus their grandma had leaked info regarding the NX.

The info drought we're experiencing is seriously depressing. 

I'm only being overdramatic because the bookstore didn't give me all my textbooks and I was a dumbass and didn't check right away so I'm just being pissy.