FE16 "leaks"

> dating sim mechanics with otaku stuff

> mainstream

Pick just one.

FE is really mainstream now? while being a 2 million seller it's a nice growth it doesn't seems too much either (at least for a nintendo first-party title). I'm curious to see if FE Switch can reach 3 million sales or more.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Morian said:

> mainstream

Pick just one.

FE is really mainstream now? while being a 2 million seller it's a nice growth it doesn't seems too much either (at least for a nintendo first-party title). I'm curious to see if FE Switch can reach 3 million sales or more.

I'd argue Persona 5 made its series mainstream, and it's arguably a dating sim with otaku stuff. Granted, it also sold about 2 million, but it also became a huge internet meme and was present at all sorts of GotY awards. It certainly wasn't some hidden thing that only its fanbase knew about.

Difference being, I think Persona 5 handled the dating sim and otaku stuff much, much, much, MUCH better than Fire Emblem has in recent memory.

Fire Emblem, I do think is going to have to evolve or change its style if it wants to have another big jump in sales. I don't think the games being... as "tasteless" as Fates is going to be good for the series if they try to do it again. It's going to either stagnate at 2 million with the same fanbase, or it's going to lose people.

Edited by Slumber

5 hours ago, Morian said:

> mainstream

Pick just one.

>Both are together combine

>I don't think it will at first probably by next year depends on the appeal factor in the game like Awakening/Fates had that's what I meant by mainstream.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

I just learned Nintendos fiscal year ends at march of 31.I'm guessing untill then we might get a direct,so they can show new games for the investors.

Yeah this makes alot of sense especially already beating the WiiU lifetime sales early they have to show how they're gonna reach their next Switch aim this year.

7 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

They're not moving away from s supports or waifus,considering the success of the two previous titles.And I don't mind that really,I just hope that they add more depth on those mechanics.

Yep took the words from my mouth.

53 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Yeah this makes alot of sense especially already beating the WiiU lifetime sales early they have to show how they're gonna reach their next Switch aim this year.

Nintendo said that they have big plans for this year.Well thus far from what we've seen of their plans are expensive ports and cardboards.They need to show their cards eventually,sooner than later would be more preferable.

12 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Nintendo said that they have big plans for this year.Well thus far from what we've seen of their plans are expensive ports and cardboards.They need to show their cards eventually,sooner than later would be more preferable.

Exactly, Nintendo can't expect to sell 20 million (I think) switches with ports and labo. It's time for them to show off or at least tease some games for 2018 to get people excited and buy the console.

24 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Exactly, Nintendo can't expect to sell 20 million (I think) switches with ports and labo. It's time for them to show off or at least tease some games for 2018 to get people excited and buy the console.

Having a direct with FE switch and especially the new Pokemon (also for switch) will definitely make people consider buying the console.Pokemon is a cash cow after all and the game hasn't been properly announced,so having a teaser in the direct with a holiday release date would be a good idea.

23 hours ago, senior firehood said:

If nothing comes from them next week.... then i sit down and drink a coffe.....a hell lot of coffe to calm down...

Same here, omfg.  I'll probably jump up to like 6-7 cup a day like I did mid last year.

9 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'd argue Persona 5 made its series mainstream, and it's arguably a dating sim with otaku stuff. Granted, it also sold about 2 million, but it also became a huge internet meme and was present at all sorts of GotY awards. It certainly wasn't some hidden thing that only its fanbase knew about.

Difference being, I think Persona 5 handled the dating sim and otaku stuff much, much, much, MUCH better than Fire Emblem has in recent memory.

Fire Emblem, I do think is going to have to evolve or change its style if it wants to have another big jump in sales. I don't think the games being... as "tasteless" as Fates is going to be good for the series if they try to do it again. It's going to either stagnate at 2 million with the same fanbase, or it's going to lose people.

I'd say that as a dating sim, awakening and fates are not good, there is no choice in the matter of how you woo your romantic interests, no challenge, in that everyone basically says "k lets get married LOL", like a middle aged school teacher who is constantly between partners and will just take what they can get, the only choice you have in the matter is who you can marry, which is not the least bit interesting in my opinion.

I'd argue that skyrim is a better dating sim because at least you have to do some mundane tack before someone will marry you, sure all the waifus and husbandos look like they made a head on collision with a cheese grater and everyone has the same overall build but at least you can have that feeling of being married (somewhat) as when you go home you always see someone who's name you can't remember in your house all the time (who doesn't work for you) which is more than can be said about fire emblem marriage where the most it amounts to is a dialogue box and a child that isn't yours dying their hair to give the illusion that you are related.

5 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Having a direct with FE switch and especially the new Pokemon (also for switch) will definitely make people consider buying the console.Pokemon is a cash cow after all and the game hasn't been properly announced,so having a teaser in the direct with a holiday release date would be a good idea.

Even more hype is once after the FE Switch reveal the month of release they would have a focus direct on the game like Xenoblade 2 which I hope does happen.

5 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Even more hype is once after the FE Switch reveal the month of release they would have a focus direct on the game like Xenoblade 2 which I hope does happen.

Hopefully it's more interesting of a focused direct because boy did that one drag somewhat I felt.

14 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

It wouldn't surprise me. It's slated for this year and they'll need to get info about it out once the silence breaks. A solo direct is ideal for that.

26 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

As much as I find exciting the prospect of a FE switch direct at the same time I fear that it will contain heavy spoilers for the story.Just like they did with xenoblades 2,they pretty much spoiled the majority of the game as the release date got closer.

9 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

They're not moving away from s supports or waifus,considering the success of the two previous titles.

Really? I was under the impression that Echoes didn't do very well. Oh, and as for the success of Fates, it's no wonder it sold more than Awakening, given that they went the Pokémon route and released two separate versions, with a third version as DLC.

It will be interesting seeing how FE16 compares to the past three games. The two big things I can see coming back are the marriage system and the use of 3D gameplay like Echoes. This will be a pretty big title I think since it will be Fire Emblem's first main series game on a new console. This could bring in new fans like with Xenoblade or it could do as well as the Fire Emblem games on the 3DS. If the rumors are true then we might finally see this game in the next 5 days, but I'm not going to get very excited unless Nintendo announces a Direct is coming.

51 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Really? I was under the impression that Echoes didn't do very well.

Echoes sold through most of its initial shipment and Nintendo themselves said it was popular.  Evidently the game sold as much as it needed to, which is all that matters in the end.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

2 hours ago, Mistik said:

Echoes was a remake so I think they didn't implement the waifu thing because they wanted to stay as close to the original as possible.

I believe that was said in an interview somewhere plus the Avatar thing was originally planned too.

2 hours ago, LaserDuda said:

It will be interesting seeing how FE16 compares to the past three games. The two big things I can see coming back are the marriage system and the use of 3D gameplay like Echoes. This will be a pretty big title I think since it will be Fire Emblem's first main series game on a new console. This could bring in new fans like with Xenoblade or it could do as well as the Fire Emblem games on the 3DS. If the rumors are true then we might finally see this game in the next 5 days, but I'm not going to get very excited unless Nintendo announces a Direct is coming.

Yeah two of those definitely 100% hopefully they do ok in sales just have the popular features (marriage, Avatar, My Castle) with other advanced features like 3D scrolling, improve maps, objectives, world building, new gameplay mechanics and IS will have the first successful Swith FE game!

34 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I believe that was said in an interview somewhere plus the Avatar thing was originally planned too.

There's a fine difference between it being planned and being considered The former implies there was any point in time where they intended to put it in the game. 

57 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Pokemon is hiring for localization editor so it's likely for 2018. Do we have any idea about this regarding FE?

No clue honestly there's obviously nothing talked about of this game especially regarding that.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 hours ago, Arvin said:

Pokemon is hiring for localization editor so it's likely for 2018. Do we have any idea about this regarding FE?

Wouldn't look too much into this. The Pokemon games are often localized by the Pokemon Company's own localization staff.

9 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Really? I was under the impression that Echoes didn't do very well. Oh, and as for the success of Fates, it's no wonder it sold more than Awakening, given that they went the Pokémon route and released two separate versions, with a third version as DLC.

I was refering to Fates and Awakening.I didn't mention Echoes since it's remake.