FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really come on we are hungry for a reveal already IS might push it back to 2019 or 2020. God I hope not FE hype might be gone if they wait that long, Heroes aside if they waited 2 more years FE Switch hype probably would be dead. Well it already dead in the mainstream adiuence for now. No body but us core fandom talking about it.

On 2/18/2018 at 9:14 PM, Chconroy said:

It's not very far along to my knowledge, though I don't know for certain as I'm not an actual developer of the hack.

On 2/18/2018 at 11:18 PM, ElectiveToast said:

Greetings. I’m the writer for this hack’s storyboard. I must say with disappointment that we’ve made not much progress, and we are currently on hiatus until summer. 

Until then, look forward to another hack I’m working on with Kenjigoomba (Don’t know if that’s his SF name). Details on this hack will be released when we’ve actually developed something. 

A reply for both of you, since Chconroy was right- Aww darn, but I totally understand. I've been very busy as of late too, I totally understand that the project being moved back. And oooh a hack announcement. Hope you make it for FE E3 later this year.

13 hours ago, Slumber said:

So again, to reiterate, I really don't think there's any reason to think Nintendo's giving Fire Emblem the shaft, that it's being delayed, or that FE's "vaporware" or anything dumb like that. Fire Emblem probably isn't the reason that it's taking so long for Fire Emblem to get revealed. 

I pretty much agree with ol' Slumber here. There's probably other games they want to talk about that aren't ready yet.

7 hours ago, Arvin said:

Those starter pokemon leak imo looks legit. I would love a Water/Poison starter.

While I agree they look pretty good if they are fake, I don't really see how they link to the discussion. Unless you think that it means we might get a more legit seeming leak for FE16

10 hours ago, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

Really come on we are hungry for a reveal already IS might push it back to 2019 or 2020. God I hope not FE hype might be gone if they wait that long, Heroes aside if they waited 2 more years FE Switch hype probably would be dead. Well it already dead in the mainstream adiuence for now. No body but us core fandom talking about it.

Im 100% positive they won't push it back just be a little more patient till March to get info.

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Im 100% positive they won't push it back just be a little more patient till March to get info.

Considering it was on the company's financial summary of the year (or whatever that was called), I think it's safe to say it's coming out this year. Or at least the Japanese version. I have no idea how long it will be for the English release.

7 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Considering it was on the company's financial summary of the year (or whatever that was called), I think it's safe to say it's coming out this year. Or at least the Japanese version. I have no idea how long it will be for the English release.

That's a good point seeing how good the release gaps are nowadays I can see a month or 2 difference from the initial release in JP.

15 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

The game is slated for a worldwide release,if you look at the report.At least it will come out in the USA and Europe this year.

3 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

That's a good point seeing how good the release gaps are nowadays I can see a month or 2 difference from the initial release in JP.

I'm gonna remain optimistic and say that FE Switch will get a world-wide release day. If Xenoblade 2 can do it, I think Fire Emblem can.

5 minutes ago, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

Hopefully march will say August release date or sonner.

I doubt that'll be the case.  Shadows of Valentia was announced in January and released in April in Japan and May internationally, so that's about 3-4 months between announcement and release.

FE Switch will likely be a bigger, more ambitious project, so I think a release around October sounds more realistic at the moment.

2 hours ago, Chconroy said:

I'm gonna remain optimistic and say that FE Switch will get a world-wide release day. If Xenoblade 2 can do it, I think Fire Emblem can.

It also depends on the localization which we obviously heard nothing about and it worries me(but that's a topic for another day) and if its happening a bit after JPs script is done which the listing did slated its all for this year.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Is there any reason people think the next direct will be in March other than the anniversary? Like has anyone come out and said they heard anything about it happening in March? Honestly, I'm not even sure who to believe anymore. The person saying we were supposed to have a direct last week said they still stand by that date and that Nintendo just pushed it back last minute or something. Not sure if we should believe that or if they're just trying to cover their back.

44 minutes ago, kisooni said:

Is there any reason people think the next direct will be in March other than the anniversary? Like has anyone come out and said they heard anything about it happening in March? Honestly, I'm not even sure who to believe anymore. The person saying we were supposed to have a direct last week said they still stand by that date and that Nintendo just pushed it back last minute or something. Not sure if we should believe that or if they're just trying to cover their back.

There's also the end of Japan's fiscal years which tends have a direct before it happens(ends March 31st) to encourage investors to keep their stock into the next fiscal year so at best we'll find out something mid March or lower.

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I doubt that'll be the case.  Shadows of Valentia was announced in January and released in April in Japan and May internationally, so that's about 3-4 months between announcement and release.

FE Switch will likely be a bigger, more ambitious project, so I think a release around October sounds more realistic at the moment.

Keep in mind, 3-4 months is also roughly the amount of time in between Awakening and Fates' announcements and their initial releases. 

Fire Emblem tends to get revealed pretty close to its release, at least in Japan.

A summer release is possible, and actually not unlikely. As much as FE is a big Nintendo franchise, it seems to thrive in the early/mid-year release slot. I don't think Nintendo wants a fall release, when it's SUPER competitive and at least one, huge AAA title comes out nearly every week. 

Edited by Slumber

28 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Keep in mind, 3-4 months is also roughly the amount of time in between Awakening and Fates' announcements and their initial releases. 

Fire Emblem tends to get revealed pretty close to its release, at least in Japan.

A summer release is possible, and actually not unlikely. As much as FE is a big Nintendo franchise, it seems to thrive in the early/mid-year release slot. I don't think Nintendo wants a fall release, when it's SUPER competitive and at least one, huge AAA title comes out nearly every week. 

I had forgotten the size of Fates's announcement-release gap.  Maybe an August release is more realistic than I thought.

Yeah I agree FE definitely shines in the early/mid year the best especially if "certain games" do end up coming this year no chance of being overshadowed in the extra potential sales and staying on radar especially early.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

On 2/20/2018 at 6:52 PM, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I do hope the S14 of cipher is a hint at something FINALLY for FE16 the phrase/wording of "Infinity" could lead to many possibilities if it actually is connected with the new game! I did remember in Echoes one of the cipher characters mentioned "boundless chaos" and forget they mentioned it so that's definitely food for thought.

That was just a reference to Cipher: it's their explanation for all the different games (and different versions of their OCs) interacting in the game.

On 2/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, Slumber said:

I have 2 assumptions about this next Direct. The first thing being a kind of gut feeling about Directs in general, and the second is about the general content about the next Direct and why it's taking a while to hear anything about it. 

1) I kind of get the impression that Directs are put together relatively quickly. While I believe that the contents of each Direct are likely planned well in advance, I think how it's all presented and when the Directs actually happen is put together on the fly. Case and point: A Way Out was part of the leaked January presentation slideshow when EA's portion got leaked back in December. Yet EA's sole representation in that Direct was Fe. Which leads me to believe that something happened with A Way Out when Nintendo was putting the presentation together. Whether it be that A Way Out wasn't ready to be shown and Nintendo didn't want to wait for it or if Nintendo simply decided it wasn't a good fit. Either way, the planned content within the Direct changed within the span of a couple weeks, and something minor got left out. 

2) This next Direct isn't going to be just FE. I don't think IS has nearly enough projects to reveal to get their own Direct like last year. Rather, this next Direct is going to be a BIG one that focuses on Nintendo's major titles for the year. The January Direct was a lot of small titles probably to get those out of the way so that Nintendo can put together a presentation that's solely their big projects for the year. 

And I guess putting these two things together, I'm relatively certain that the reason that this is taking so long is that Nintendo's still waiting on something big to be shown off(My money is on the Switch version of DQXI, which will likely also be when the western release for that game is revealed. Nintendo and Square have been promising Switch DQXI for a long time now, and it's been a year since its release on the PS4. It could also be Pokemon Switch if Nintendo's report from a few weeks ago is to be believed.)

To compare to the last Direct, if the last one was the Direct for big, AAA projects, I can guarantee that they would have waited until A Way Out was ready to be shown, if it was to be one of Nintendo's tent pole releases for the year, rather than just ignore it like they did. They can't let those slide, and they can't ignore big releases like that. So once they have everything they need for this Direct, it will probably come out pretty quick. And then we'll see FE Switch. 

So again, to reiterate, I really don't think there's any reason to think Nintendo's giving Fire Emblem the shaft, that it's being delayed, or that FE's "vaporware" or anything dumb like that. Fire Emblem probably isn't the reason that it's taking so long for Fire Emblem to get revealed. 

I completely forgot about A Way Out being dropped from the direct (I don't know how, since it also had the infamous quote about the creative director being a loose cannon)! This makes a lot of sense now, especially if the game they're waiting on is something from Square (looks at FF7 and KH3).

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That was just a reference to Cipher: it's their explanation for all the different games (and different versions of their OCs) interacting in the game.

No one knows for sure if its just a reference yet this kinda thing has been done before with Echoes besides they likely have plans for promo cards for the upcoming game by the time its out.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I would gladly take a summer release. Come the next fall I'll be busy reading a lot for my Comprehensive Exam, the capstone of my Master's Degree. I think it took me probably no more than two weeks to clear CQ and SoV on my first runs, so with this in mind, I should be able to finish FE Switch and discuss it here in a similar timeframe.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would gladly take a summer release. Come the next fall I'll be busy reading a lot for my Comprehensive Exam, the capstone of my Master's Degree. I think it took me probably no more than two weeks to clear CQ and SoV on my first runs, so with this in mind, I should be able to finish FE Switch and discuss it here in a similar timeframe.

That'd be great I'll have many new JRPGs around then!

so

52 pages, and we're still talking about "nothing", hilarious

anyway, i keep my expectations below 0

i don't expect any trailer/confirmation of any kind until e3

i'm living this situation very peacefully, without any need to know anything

i know it's coming out, that's more than enough for me