FE16 "leaks"

12 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Oh really? I heard people complaining about the censorship and such and assumed it was Treehouse.

It's probably just the people who care way too much about the original Japanese version and want the localization to be a literal translation. Most of the people who've actually played the game agree that the localization did a good job, since most of the changes were just some name changes but there's always gotta be those people who complain about everything.

15 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I don't think they would want localizers from outside the company to see things that are still in development especially with all of the leaks that have been going on.

If FE16 is indeed getting a simultaneous worldwide release, then it's probably Treehouse who's localizing it (assuming Nintendo doesn't trust 8-4 to keep things secret while they localize) and i know some people are gonna scream and yell about that but Treehouse fucking up one time doesn't mean that they are objectively terrible now.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

They can go either way, but FEW's release schedule gives me doubts that they would do a worldwide release. Really, really hoping I'm wrong though.

That does bring up an interesting question; why was there a gap in localization for FEW? I can't expect a Warriors game to be very hard to localize when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 can manage to get a simultaneous release.

1 hour ago, Chconroy said:

That does bring up an interesting question; why was there a gap in localization for FEW?

Honestly, i feel like Nintendo kinda just didn't give a shit about FEW. Aside from the fact that it was the only first-party Switch game with no worldwide simultaneous release, i don't know why Nintendo thought it would be a good idea to release the game literally a week before Super Mario Odyssey. You know, the game that would go on to become the platform's best selling game? Literally the worst timing for Fire Emblem release since the Japanese version of TMS, which released the day after Christmas. It kinda shows too, in it's sales. FEW didn't sell horribly (i hope it didn't) but despite it being a game in one of Nintendo's A-tier franchises (even if it was a spin-off) and having like three months, it failed to land on Nintendo's official list of million sellers as of Dec 31st, 2017.

That's probably not the actual reason why there was a gap in localization for FEW but until we know what it is, i'm sticking with my reason.

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Hopefully that Kirby Star Allies demo ad is truly real since that could possibly be a good indicator of something on the way.

Ooh, I like this. Every Direct deserves a good shadow drop demo. 

You can download a demo of Kirby Star Allies for Nintendo Switch right now on the eshop.

14 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I wonder if anyone would still like IF the Vampire leak was partially real? Its likely fake but I don't know what they can do with the Infinity/Unlimited theme for it though. Its probably based on the games overall theme, Plot summary, Gimmick or "Fire Emblem".

I like some components of it. The Fire Emblem as a sundial makes a lot of sense to me. The character ideas sound neat, and the idea that there's no children sort of relieves me (I stress myself too much because of it sometimes. I like to plan pairings for multiple playthroughs so I don't have repeaters).

I don't mind Gothic Horror fashion, but a country full of demons can take away some of the essence that's apart of this series. I know they can go for a Princess Mononoke (spelling?) type of theme, but part of the reason that I liked Fire Emblem is because for the most part, the conflict is human in nature. Yes, there's a great evil baddie at the end, but there's still countries with culture and circumstances. A part of the reason I didn't like the worldbuilding of Fates is that it made Nohr seem so much evil than the other countries. Meanwhile in other games, the "enemy country" wasn't characterized to be evil as much as Nohr was, which is depicted as dark, stormy, etc. It took away a sense of realism in a series that was already high medieval fantasy. I'm not completely against the idea if it's tastefully done. But I worry about the character design specifically, and I'm wondering how many of the demon character will look, since they're supposed to be soldiers.

More than likely, I’m thinking FE16 and Metroid Prime 4 are gonna be revealed in the same direct, complete with some cutscenes and company monologue discussing their future plans for the series. 

And then we’ll get to see actual gameplay for these games in the next E3 after they discuss Mario Odyssey DLC and maybe a bit on Zelda. 

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I have a gut feeling somethings gonna happen this week for the Switch's Anniversary *crosses fingers*

Well it seems the guy that does the Pokemon art retweeted that fake Pokemon direct by accident. That could mean that he could have gotten word that some sort of event is coming up soon, and just assumed that was it. At this point I can only imagine them revealing a teaser (like pics of the legendary's and a name) so it wouldn't have its own direct, but instead be part of a general one. Hopefully this is the case.

49 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Well it seems the guy that does the Pokemon art retweeted that fake Pokemon direct by accident. That could mean that he could have gotten word that some sort of event is coming up soon, and just assumed that was it. At this point I can only imagine them revealing a teaser (like pics of the legendary's and a name) so it wouldn't have its own direct, but instead be part of a general one. Hopefully this is the case.

Yeah same here lets hope!!! 

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

If we don't get something around the switch's anniversary then all the hype will die ( I've even been rewatching all awakening/fates/echoes trailer for some reason while waiting ). Hey, if not now then when we'll get something? I have overhyped myself but everything this time around will be more than perfect, no news will disappoint me.

Edited by SuperNova125

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

If we don't get something around the switch's anniversary then all the hype will die ( I've even been rewatching all awakening/fates/echoes trailer for some reason while waiting ). Hey, if not now then when we'll get something? I have overhyped myself but everything this time around will be more than perfect, no news will disappoint me.

Yeah seriously...this is like the final nail in the coffin for anything to bring in the hype and relevancy to FE16 at this given point.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

24 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Yeah seriously...this is like the final nail in the coffin for anything to bring in the hype and relevancy to FE16 at this given point.

If they don't release any info next month and when they finally decide to do so I will be more angry than relieved.I don't care if I'm complaining too much,the secrecy is starting to get frustating.

As I said before in the past many times,a title with a synopsis for the game and official artwork is enough for the time being.I can live without actual footage for now.

22 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

If they don't release any info next month and when they finally decide to do so I will be more angry than relieved.I don't care if I'm complaining too much,the secrecy is starting to get frustating.

As I said before in the past many times,a title with a synopsis for the game and official artwork is enough for the time being.I can live without actual footage for now.

I agree! I take those too at least its SOMETHING to go by and finally speculate about!

3 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

I come check this thread everyday to see if something juicy or at least fun has been leaked, but I find some relief in the frustration. It leads me to think that the reason they are taking this long, is because they are waiting to have the best version of the game possible to finally show the fans.

6 minutes ago, Captain Vulgar said:

I come check this thread everyday to see if something juicy or at least fun has been leaked, but I find some relief in the frustration. It leads me to think that the reason they are taking this long, is because they are waiting to have the best version of the game possible to finally show the fans.

or they are embarrassed, can't rule out incompetence.

IS: Dammit, this weeb bait's boobs are too small, they need to be at least the size of someone's head, now we need to delay the game!

also IS: I will have the head of the asshole who thought it was a good idea to depict the lolita as older than 6 years, how can this game succeed if we can't get the lolicons on board?

once again IS: Fuck! We forgot to about the DLC, we need at least a month more to remake a map from an old game!

3 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

It definitely wouldn't be enough for me, if after all this wait they only show a title, my levels of saltiness wouldn't be measurable.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

IS: Dammit, this weeb bait's boobs are too small, they need to be at least the size of someone's head, now we need to delay the game!

also IS: I will have the head of the asshole who thought it was a good idea to depict the lolita as older than 6 years, how can this game succeed if we can't get the lolicons on board?

once again IS: Fuck! We forgot to about the DLC, we need at least a month more to remake a map from an old game!

Ugh, I wouldn't like characters like that, but I definitely expect some of their tropes. I just have a bit more faith in their development of this game. I got a good feeling, and I can't explain it.

I'm iffy about dlc. If it's things like fleshing out the world some more (Only justifiable if the world is satisfying in the base), the Cipher characters, or some bonus classes and skills, I'd be okay with it.

2 hours ago, Captain Vulgar said:

I doubt it has anything to do with that since lots of games shown before release aren't final in terms of what's shown its more to IS/Nintendo scheduling announcement drops they have plan.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I think it is more Nintendo then IS at this point. They seem to want to create a lot of hype around their new games for the Switch and so are waiting for the appropriate time to showcase all of the ones for 2018. This is making everybody else whose games are ready to be shown (if not released) wait until the others are done. They might also be waiting for Square Enix's go ahead on the DQXI game. I think they can tell everybody is getting tired of waiting at this point though so hopefully there will be something soon.

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Why are you trying to give me nightmares?