FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

It's this Saturday right? So hopefully there will be something tomorrow or Friday. I'm not getting my hopes up for something today.

If not this week then maybe next week. Either way, I'm hoping for anything.

44 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Well its March 1st now let's see for now if not something's definitely wrong here...

Thing is they rarely broadcast on Friday, and never really do Sat or Sun. 

So...next week st best. 

I don't think it's appropriate to start doomsaying just because we haven't gotten news. We aren't even a quarter into the year yet, lol.

^Problem is that if the game is 2018 they should slowly push it before E3 where people will actually remember its existence but by then Heroes completely took over many players than it already has. If it shows next week due to them rarely doing directs on weekends then that's perfectly fine.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Has Nintendo ever hosted a direct on an anniversary of a console or handheld? Not expecting anything today, but if something is announced, then color me surprised.

inb4 this thread becomes the "Nintendoomed" or "Fire Emblem Is Doomed" thread if nothing is announced today.

Edited by BZL8

1 hour ago, BZL8 said:

Has Nintendo ever hosted a direct on an anniversary of a console or handheld? Not expecting anything today, but if something is announced, then color me surprised.

inb4 this thread becomes the "Nintendoomed" or "Fire Emblem Is Doomed" thread if nothing is announced today.

I see a bunch say this sadly well the Nintendoomed part... since no one remembers FE Switch as for the question I'm not sure I don't remember Nintendo doing so I could be wrong but Nintendo is acting strange this year with their announcement plannings as of late so its up in the air their unpredictable now...

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

3 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Well they always announce  at least 1 day before anything major. 

But never have on Friday or Saturday or even Sunday 

so next week at earliest is when we see stuff 

2 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Well they always announce  at least 1 day before anything major. 

But never have on Friday or Saturday or even Sunday 

so next week at earliest is when we see stuff 

Technically, they did it at least once in 2012 or something.

Can I ask why so many people are so convinced we'll see anything about the Switch's anniversary? It's nigh impossible to predict directs. I'm seeing a lot of people building their hopes on a direct that may or may not happen.

Not proud to admit this but I tend to stalk POI's twitter and he said the game got delayed into Fall 2018 to get it ready for a simultaneous world wide release. If I had to give an educated guess as to when the next direct would be it'd be mid-March to mid-May time window. 

Shouldn't we get hyped over directs that we know are going to happen? Not probable direct dates?

24 minutes ago, Serea-chan said:

Can I ask why so many people are so convinced we'll see anything about the Switch's anniversary? It's nigh impossible to predict directs. I'm seeing a lot of people building their hopes on a direct that may or may not happen.

Not proud to admit this but I tend to stalk POI's twitter and he said the game got delayed into Fall 2018 to get it ready for a simultaneous world wide release. If I had to give an educated guess as to when the next direct would be it'd be mid-March to mid-May time window. 

Shouldn't we get hyped over directs that we know are going to happen? Not probable direct dates?

Well, there are six months between the Direct Mini that was in January and E3 in June.  To me at least, mid-late March seems like the most logical middle ground to evenly distribute reveals, assumptions that Nintendo will want to have a big celebration for the anniversary of such a successful console launch notwithstanding.

^Agreed since E3s in June there's 3 months to go before then and I'm 100% certain at least Fire Emblem Switch will get some info before E3. March-April is the max when a direct should happen before then since May is very unlikely since June will obviously be the "Direct" for E3. I'm still going with March as mentioned MANY times already the Switch's 1st year anniversary is definitely a huge deal for Nintendo and would want to celebrate it appropriately with announcing games further in this year while E3 is a follow-up to this year while showing more new games in the future. 

I found some new "leak" for a direct supposed to be next monday. It's coming for a guy who "leaked" the production of a new Metroid and Bayonetta port, but also was wrong about some things.

He claims that the fire emblem trailer will be at the end of the direct, like a "surprise", and it will be like the first trailer for FE If/Fates, that he didn't understand it at all, and that the game will release in 2019 (so delayed).

For the very first time I hope it's wrong XD If they annonce a direct for this monday I'll start getting nervous

(As for the source it's from somewhone who posted some screenshots on twitter i don't know how to repost that)

22 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

(As for the source it's from somewhone who posted some screenshots on twitter i don't know how to repost that)

Spoiler

Found it.

As with most leaks, please keep an open mind and a healthy bit of skepticism.

Edited by Lord_Grima

19 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I found some new "leak" for a direct supposed to be next monday. It's coming for a guy who "leaked" the production of a new Metroid and Bayonetta port, but also was wrong about some things.

He claims that the fire emblem trailer will be at the end of the direct, like a "surprise", and it will be like the first trailer for FE If/Fates, that he didn't understand it at all, and that the game will release in 2019 (so delayed).

For the very first time I hope it's wrong XD If they annonce a direct for this monday I'll start getting nervous

I think it's fake,in the latest financial earnings FE switch was listed for 2018 and that was posted last month or back in january.

5 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

I think it's fake,in the latest financial earnings FE switch was listed for 2018 and that was posted last month or back in january.

Agreed. I guess it's possible something changed at the last minute, but this is still a black mark against the rumour. I'm also suspicious of the 3DS Zelda game, since that was also rumoured for a reveal in January, but who knows: maybe that was pushed back too.

Hearing about FE16 for the first time in over a year only to also hear that it's delayed would be bittersweet, but at least we'd get SOMETHING out of it!

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed. I guess it's possible something changed at the last minute, but this is still a black mark against the rumour. I'm also suspicious of the 3DS Zelda game, since that was also rumoured for a reveal in January, but who knows: maybe that was pushed back too.

Hearing about FE16 for the first time in over a year only to also hear that it's delayed would be bittersweet, but at least we'd get SOMETHING out of it!

Man I started having Red Dead Redemption 2 flashbacks after reading this "leak",with all the constant delays and silence from Rockstars part.

I do hope it's fake but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm going to assume fake just because of the financial earnings report setting it for 2018, though I could see a 2019 delay happening.

I'm very curious about the possible GBA games on 3DS, including the ambassador games. If this is true, then Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones could be on 3DS and that terrifies me because if it happens I will buy both of those games again.

Regardless of whether or not this leak is legitimate, I have this fear that they're going to show the Direct this week while I'm out of state to see my Dad for Spring Break, and that I won't be able to watch it live because of the large amount of time we're going to spend on the road traveling to New Orleans and Pensacola.