FE16 "leaks"

Glad to see this topic still has some life left I thought it was done in from the disappointment of still nothing for FE16. As for that leak I'm definitely positive its 100% fake no way their delaying the game especially when its slated for 2018 from official financial listings. Yes the game is still silent to many but it doesn't mean nothing its not over Q1 yet patience is definitely hard for this game but it will come soon.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if they made plans to delay FE16 they wouldn't have put it in their financial listings. It just looks so odd to the investors, and I haven't really heard of many video game companies that will lie or mislead their shareholders which is what that would be. There is no way that the heads of Nintendo wouldn't know that FE16 is being delayed by a whole year by that point. Of course nothing is impossible, but that just sounds odd. I am more likely to believe that if it did get delayed it would be moved into Fall or early Winter of 2018. All we can do is just wait and see at this point.

I mean, the delay, if anything would probably make it seem more legit. 

You don't create a leak without going over each details with a fine-comb and create such a glaring contradiction. With how little we've seen of it, I wouldn't be surprised if a delay to 2019 happened. Similarly, the rest of the leak is so underwhelming (at least, for me) that it also gets brownie points for realistically setting up disappointment. 

With that said, I take it with a grain of salt. Only leaks I believe right now are the ones for DMCV.

2 hours ago, Sånıc Bÿm said:

I've got your back, fam.

EDIT: I can't get the image to show up properly in this post.

2022? Yikes.

Here's another 4chan rumor. This is most definitely fake (since it says the Direct is airing today and takes "my uncle works at Nintendo" to a whole new level), but I figured it was worth posting here for completeness...and to give us something to laugh about in this empty period.

The relevant part for us is FE releasing in May and being called Yami no Hikari, which I believe translates to "Darkness of Light"? It fits the Vampire Emblem stuff, if nothing else.

17 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Found it.

As with most leaks, please keep an open mind and a healthy bit of skepticism.

There's a distinct lack of Mario Tennis, as well as 3rd party offerings on the Switch in general.

Also the "delayed until 2019" part doesn't mesh with what PrinceOfIris has claimed, which is that it was set for a Summer release in Japan but then pushed back to Q3 to allow for simultaneous localization. It's definitively one of the safer/more believable Direct "leaks" I've seen, but those two points make me really doubt it.

Edited by The DanMan

30 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

It's the anniversary for the switch today and the only thing that Big N did thus far was to acknowledge it with a single tweet.

Those guys continuously disappoint.

I thought they only acknowlegded BotW's release?

This tweet from Nintendo is a little suspicious. It says "We expect to have more information to share in the near future."

I know what the first half of the tweet is referring to, but instead of saying "We are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.", they say the above. To me it sounds like something big is coming. Either an update with other stuff in it, or it might be hinting at a direct.

Or we are getting desperate for information, that we are over-analyzing everything!

That really seems like stretching it, honestly. But I could see this meaning they intended to implement a better log, which might come with more stuff... We'll see, I suppose.

10 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

It's the anniversary for the switch today and the only thing that Big N did thus far was to acknowledge it with a single tweet.

Those guys continuously disappoint.

Eh, has Nintendo ever done anything for the anniversary of a console or handheld?

6 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Well you'd expect this time around for them to make an exception but nope.

TBH, I never really saw any sign that Nintendo was going to make an exception.

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

2022? Yikes.

Here's another 4chan rumor. This is most definitely fake (since it says the Direct is airing today and takes "my uncle works at Nintendo" to a whole new level), but I figured it was worth posting here for completeness...and to give us something to laugh about in this empty period.

The relevant part for us is FE releasing in May and being called Yami no Hikari, which I believe translates to "Darkness of Light"? It fits the Vampire Emblem stuff, if nothing else.

I was also hesitant bringing this up but now at this given time not anymore. As far as that "leak" goes it was pretty good but TOO safe for Fire Emblem 16 with obvious returning mechanics except the new "stat growth mechanic" now I want it..... :( .I did find it hilarious that the translated name correlates to the Vampire Emblem leak unless it was intentional or not. 

Min Min is my most wanted for the next Smash and their hurting my dreams.....

As for Pokemon Switch THAT was the biggest red flag out of the entire list "Hope and Despair" Danganronpa much?

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

The idea that 1 2 Switch is packed in with the Switch a year after the fact is totally something I'd believe. Classic too little too late move.

24 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I was also hesitant bringing this up but now at this given time not anymore. As far as that "leak" goes it was pretty good but TOO safe for Fire Emblem 16 with obvious returning mechanics except the new "stat growth mechanic" now I want it..... :( .I did find it hilarious that the translated name correlates to the Vampire Emblem leak unless it was intentional or not. 

All it says is a mechanic "involving stat growths". Do you know what those are? And we've had mechanics that affect stat growths before. Those equippable bands in FE9, boons and banes in Fates, reclassing, Afa's drops, growth inheritance, and the aptitude skill.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The idea that 1 2 Switch is packed in with the Switch a year after the fact is totally something I'd believe. Classic too little too late move.

All it says is a mechanic "involving stat growths". Do you know what those are? And we've had mechanics that affect stat growths before. Those equippable bands in FE9, boons and banes in Fates, reclassing, Afa's drops, growth inheritance, and the aptitude skill.

Again it could be a new mechanic or more refined it doesn't have to be exactly similar to what already exists they always love testing the waters of what they have.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

All these are interesting but that 4chan one with the uncle and cousin is obviouly fake because we all day had nothing but a single video with the 'big boss" (if you saw it you will know what I mean). Also there were uncles involved sooo.

The other one with screenshots seemed more legit. What it said was ok. The absense of pokemon intigued me though, we were told we will have to wait to hear about so I do expect an E-3 anouncement but still it puts me into some thoughts.

Btw that Thukasa Fushimi guy mentioned, is he a good writer? Has he worked on anything similar before? If you know him, what do you think of him?

Edited by SuperNova125

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Btw that Thukasa Fushimi guy mentioned, is he a good writer? Has he worked on anything similar before? If you know him, what do you think of him?

According to wikipedia, his most notable works are Oreimo and Ermonaga Sensei, both things I never read, however, from what I know of them, they aren't very Fire Emblem like at all (The former is a comedy while the latter is a romantic comedy). Safe to say, I think the leaker just pulled a rando name.

13 hours ago, Sånıc Bÿm said:

I've got your back, fam.

EDIT: I can't get the image to show up properly in this post.

I didn't expect that, lol. Guess we're going to receive a 100+ chapters game with all that development time.

Edited by Morian