FE16 "leaks"

41 minutes ago, Azz said:

According to wikipedia, his most notable works are Oreimo and Ermonaga Sensei, both things I never read, however, from what I know of them, they aren't very Fire Emblem like at all (The former is a comedy while the latter is a romantic comedy). Safe to say, I think the leaker just pulled a rando name.

He's someone I would want far far away from FE that's for sure. Choosing him, assuming it's fake, is probably a joke on the "leaker's" part since both of the series involve incest of some kind(actual and step-sibling). And I think we all know how much of a meme the incest trope is at this point in the FE community.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Azz said:

According to wikipedia, his most notable works are Oreimo and Ermonaga Sensei, both things I never read, however, from what I know of them, they aren't very Fire Emblem like at all (The former is a comedy while the latter is a romantic comedy). Safe to say, I think the leaker just pulled a rando name.

All you need to know about Eromanga Sensei can be learned by watching a youtube video by a guy named Gigguk called "Eromanga Sensei: A Modern Masterpiece". Just saying if that is true then be prepared for obvious incest between the main lord and his 12 year old sister. Also, every female is going to look like a twelve year old including the female tactician and I don't think any guys will exist besides the main lord and side characters. I haven't watched these shows but that is how they usually handle male characters outside the main protagonist.

2 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

All you need to know about Eromanga Sensei can be learned by watching a youtube video by a guy named Gigguk called "Eromanga Sensei: A Modern Masterpiece". Just saying if that is true then be prepared for obvious incest between the main lord and his 12 year old sister. Also, every female is going to look like a twelve year old including the female tactician and I don't think any guys will exist besides the main lord and side characters. I haven't watched these shows but that is how they usually handle male characters outside the main protagonist.

Why is it that I would not be surprised if that were the case? 

Though I can say that I would like for the lord to have only one sibling and their relationship could be focused on more heavily throughout the story, rather than the typical little sister who is just along for the ride, the only time that I recall fire emblem doing the younger sibling right, was mist who was not just there for no good reason aside from just wanting to be there, it was a significant part of her character with her guilt for not being there when greil died and not wanting the same to happen with Ike, then they threw it away by not even allowing Ike and Mist support each other or even having their relationship looked into baring their father being dead, I wouldn't blame anyone for not even realising they're siblings.

I think that the rumor is wrong and that person won’t be the art director. 

Anyway~ I’d like a female lord. 

Women got:

eirika who is sharing a game with the lore popular ephiraim (not by votes by all women get higher votes because “Waifu” which is another problem of not looking at us past marriage potential/sexual potential giving rise to things like Tharja and Camilla’s outfits) 

celica. Shared a game with Alm. 

Lyn. Main character for tutorial then an important character. 

Corrin if you choose. 

Thats it for female leads. 

There are other female important characters but no female leading roles. 

For men: 

marth, Sigurd-Julius, Leif, Roy, Ike, Chrom. 

So yeah. Maybe a female solo lord? Also, avatar units aren’t written well and the only time Robin and Corrin are likeable is outside their main games. So take them out! 

Robin wasn’t main character but his role was too large for a blank nothing character. Ugh! 

Anyway point is, I think we will get a female lord this time 

I don't want avert the topic than it already is but I'm not sure of another NEW primary female lord yet (not counting the recent remake since Celica isn't new) outside being an Avatar again. I can see a female main character like Azura again to bring more waifu money but it would be nice for a reverse of ie Chrom and Robin but the Female being primary while Avatar secondary I doubt this'll happen again but we'll see.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

3 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

but the Female being primary while Avatar secondary I doubt this'll happen again but we'll see.

So, Lyn's arc but extended to a full game? I'd like that!

...but sadly I think IS is still too sexist to allow a female lead as opposed to having a female avatar or fanservice material :/

5 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

I think that the rumor is wrong and that person won’t be the art director. 

Women got:

eirika who is sharing a game with the lore popular ephiraim (not by votes by all women get higher votes because “Waifu” which is another problem of not looking at us past marriage potential/sexual potential giving rise to things like Tharja and Camilla’s outfits) 

Corrin if you choose. 

For men: 

So yeah. Maybe a female solo lord? Also, avatar units aren’t written well and the only time Robin and Corrin are likeable is outside their main games. So take them out! 

Robin wasn’t main character but his role was too large for a blank nothing character. Ugh! 

You know Robin can be female, right?

5 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I don't want avert the topic than it already is but I'm not sure of another NEW primary female lord yet (not counting the recent remake since Celica isn't new) outside being an Avatar again. I can see a female main character like Azura again to bring more waifu money but it would be nice for a reverse of ie Chrom and Robin but the Female being primary while Avatar secondary I doubt this'll happen again but we'll see.

Yeah unfortunately that isn't happening unless they have a change of staff for the Switch game. IS does seem to hold some sexist ideals when it comes to the role women and men can play in these conflicts. It is odd because they have had a good female lead in Lyn but then they shove her to the background. They can also make some pretty strong female side characters so their problem isn't with writing female characters in general, but with writing them in a leading role and not having them overshadowed by their male counterparts. The current waifu culture they seem to be trying to pander too is making this worse, and might outright block them from doing it in the future.

Just look at how the Fates sisters were treated. None get them sacred weapons their brothers (even the younger ones) get, one is obsessed with you to the point that any other trait is buried, the two younger ones are all over you, and the last one is ignored...and all over you. These were our female leads in Fates. Awakening had a similar problem although not as pronounced. Lucina is a strong female lead, but I'd argue her situation is very similar to Lyn's. She has many important scenes, and does a lot of things in the main story but she never really takes the lead. The first part is about Chrom with the battle with Walhart also including him primarily. Then we cut straight to Robin taking up the main lead slot. Lucina doesn't really take the lead in the story, and although you could argue that FRobin does I don't count the Avatars as being good examples of strong female/male leads because they can be either or. Even in Echoes and Heroes you get this a bit with Celica's emotional outburst and having a character specifically made to save her (Conrad) as well as how Sharena and Alfonse are handled in terms of character development.

Edited by YingofDarkness
spoiler tagged the rant portion of my post ^^'

8 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Women got:

Corrin if you choose. 

For men: 

Well even though it is a nice idea. I don't trust I.S. with female leads. I don't count robin and corrin since they are avatars. But all the other female leads have been overshadowed by the male lords. Alm killed Duma and celica stood there. Lyn after her story she just became an important character. Ephraim got the most "heroic" path and even in heroes he is regarded to have took down the demon king. Michaia just was yune's vessel.

And now I.S. is oversexualizing females sometimes and I'm not so sute how it would work. 

3 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Robin isn’t the main character 

Yes he/she is.

Chrom's focus is with the Plegia arc, Robin and Chrom share spotlight at about the midway point going into the Valm arc, and Robin takes focus in the final arc where it's revealed that literally everything that happened in the game is because of him/her. 

You can argue that Robin shares the spotlight with Chrom as far as the total runtime of the game is concerned, but narratively, Robin is absolutely the main character. Chrom couldn't be shelved any harder by the end of the game. 

Walhart's support even takes away Chrom's accomplishment of beating him as is implied and pushed in the main story, and he attributes his loss entirely to Robin. 

Edited by Slumber

I am not against the idea of a female or gay or attack helicopter leading role, but really guys, don't any of you find that there are bigger sharks in the ocean to worry about?  We know nothing of the game or its characters, and with FE's recent track record of shaky writing quality, our biggest question right now should be "Is this game going to be like Echoes with a entertaining storyline and memorable characters, or like Fates with its bland storyline and lazily written cast?" And correct me if I'm wrong, but over half the time, all I see is people raving over muh empowered female LGBT. It not only seems like nitpicking, but it actually does seem like (at least to me) that you're demanding Nintendo shove your social tastes in everyone else's faces. At least wait until we have details on the game to start asking questions like this. I thank you guys in advance for the consideration, and hope we can move towards more meaningful discussion. 

Edited by ElectiveToast

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

I am not against the idea of a female or gay or attack helicopter leading role, but really guys, don't any of you find that there are bigger sharks in the ocean to worry about?  We know nothing of the game or its characters, and with FE's recent track record of shaky writing quality, our biggest question right now should be "Is this game going to be like Echoes with a entertaining storyline and memorable characters, or like Fates with its bland storyline and lazily written cast?" And correct me if I'm wrong, but over half the time, all I see is people raving over muh empowered female LGBT. It not only seems like nitpicking, but it actually does seem like (at least to me) that you're demanding Nintendo shove your social tastes in everyone else's faces. At least wait until we have details on the game to start asking questions like this. I thank you guys in advance for the consideration, and hope we can move towards more meaningful discussion. 

This

I'll just say, these are medieval fantasy games. How many females were well known in the middle ages for being warriors...? I can only think of Joan of Arc. How many of those female warriors were leaders of an army even? Much less a kingdom, I don't know of any at all of the top of my head (if there is one, please link me to where I can read about it, I'd love to read about her.)

Now this is a fantasy game of course, so I absolutely have no issue with a female getting a leading role through the entirety of the game. Lyn's spotlight arc at the beginning of FE7 was really well done. The biggest problem is.. Getting IS to write a really amazing and fleshed out female character and not going the fanservice route. That would be a nightmare for IS, to finally give a female complete leadership in a game, and turning it into a Camilla, Tharja, Charlotte.

My point being, it's seeming IS wants to stick fairly close to societal rankings of the medieval times, while still giving female representation in combat. It's hard to find a balance of historical accuracy (which historical accuracy alone does not make a company sexist/racist like KC Deliverance got accused of for not having any african americans in bohemia. That's not to say they're exempt from it but that alone does not make it racist or sexist IMO) and appeasing the consumer.

Edited by TwinBlade

12 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

This

But isn't wishing for a good story and cast a given? I assume that's why people are focusing on well written females here (at least that's why I'm taking part).

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

But isn't wishing for a good story and cast a given? I assume that's why people are focusing on well written females here (at least that's why I'm taking part).

Yeah, it's weird to get people going "Priorities!" when bringing up a female lord. 

How hard can it be to get writers who aren't the Awakening/Fates writers? Just get people who aren't writing for the lowest common denominator/appealing to lonely nerds, and it seems like the idea of a well written lord shouldn't be too farfetched of an idea. And with that, a well written female lord shouldn't be a big leap. It just comes down to committing to it and not giving up in the last stretch, like with Celica, Micaiah Lyn and Eirika. 

So yeah. Fire the team that came up with Tharja, Camilla, Nina and Peri, and I think a solid female lord shouldn't be some pipe dream. 

Just randomly throwing in my two cents but I personally don't want a female lord to have all the spotlight. IS can and has written amazing female characters but every time they were given a chance to put a female in the spotlight they somehow messed up.  I'm not going to trust them just yet to handle such a character especially because it'll be so easy to mess up and enrage the wrong crowd. 

If they can write a strong and likable main female lord  who doesn't have to share the spotlight then I'm all for it but as of now I don't trust them to write such a character.

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Apparently, it's not. Awakening and Fates were a pile of dirt in terms of writing. Echoes was good and I hope they can replicate that level of quality writing for Fe16. 

10 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, it's weird to get people going "Priorities!" when bringing up a female lord. 

How hard can it be to get writers who aren't the Awakening/Fates writers? Just get people who aren't writing for the lowest common denominator/appealing to lonely nerds, and it seems like the idea of a well written lord shouldn't be too farfetched of an idea. And with that, a well written female lord shouldn't be a big leap. It just comes down to committing to it and not giving up in the last stretch, like with Celica, Micaiah Lyn and Eirika. 

So yeah. Fire the team that came up with Tharja, Camilla, Nina and Peri, and I think a solid female lord shouldn't be some pipe dream. 

A solid female lord has been done before, and I wouldn't care if they did it again. However, I fear that a lead female character in 2018 won't be fleshed out too much beyond "I'm a woman, so that makes me the hero and always in the right. F-ck men!" and then her arrogance backed by the fact that she's a Mary Sue. Think of Rey from the Disney Star Wars series. She hardly received in any training of any kind in Episode 7 or 8, but could rival a sith lord in combat, and magically flies the millenium as if she had for years. Do we want this type of character to be the core focus of an FE plot? Maybe the arrogant empowered femme fighter could fit for a more minor role, but not the lead role. 

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

Yes he/she is.

Chrom's focus is with the Plegia arc, Robin and Chrom share spotlight at about the midway point going into the Valm arc, and Robin takes focus in the final arc where it's revealed that literally everything that happened in the game is because of him/her. 

You can argue that Robin shares the spotlight with Chrom as far as the total runtime of the game is concerned, but narratively, Robin is absolutely the main character. Chrom couldn't be shelved any harder by the end of the game. 

Walhart's support even takes away Chrom's accomplishment of beating him as is implied and pushed in the main story, and he attributes his loss entirely to Robin. 

W-wha?? 

Chrom has the most lines outside of supports, the story focuses on Chrom. 

The beginning sets up their relationship but Walhart  was clearly set up as an Anti-Chrom. 

Then is Validar arc. During which, the main situation is about Chrom teaming up with Naga to perform the Awakening thus becoming the most powerful character. 

Plus Chrom kills Validar (implied to be him since Robin is behind him not attacking) 

chrom dies. In one timeline the world falls into despair in this one they planned it and he lives. Anyway!

chrom endings up being the powerful one who you basically need to use to beat Grima. 

Then Robin gets to KS. Yeah it is mostly about Chrom... but that seems off topic 

39 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

W-wha?? 

Chrom has the most lines outside of supports, the story focuses on Chrom. 

The beginning sets up their relationship but Walhart  was clearly set up as an Anti-Chrom.

Then is Validar arc. During which, the main situation is about Chrom teaming up with Naga to perform the Awakening thus becoming the most powerful character. 

Plus Chrom kills Validar (implied to be him since Robin is behind him not attacking) 

chrom dies. In one timeline the world falls into despair in this one they planned it and he lives. Anyway!

chrom endings up being the powerful one who you basically need to use to beat Grima. 

Then Robin gets to KS. Yeah it is mostly about Chrom... but that seems off topic 

It doesn't matter who has the most lines, but whom the story is revolving around. Towards the end the story is focusing on Robin regardless of Chrom still having lines. You can argue that Robin doesn't count though because, as an Avatar, they can be a male lead or a female. It just depends on what the player chooses at the beginning.

A solid female lord has been done before, and I wouldn't care if they did it again. However, I fear that a lead female character in 2018 won't be fleshed out too much beyond "I'm a woman, so that makes me the hero and always in the right. F-ck men!" and then her arrogance backed by the fact that she's a Mary Sue. Think of Rey from the Disney Star Wars series. She hardly received in any training of any kind in Episode 7 or 8, but could rival a sith lord in combat, and magically flies the millenium as if she had for years. Do we want this type of character to be the core focus of an FE plot? Maybe the arrogant empowered femme fighter could fit for a more minor role, but not the lead role. 

They haven't done a solid female main lord yet though. They all get shoved to the back so that their male counterpoints get the spotlight, and that is kind of annoying. Personally, I just want a well written main character regardless of whether they are male or female, but I lean more towards wanting them to be female. Also, that example is purely a Western stereotype from what I've seen. I have yet to see a Japanese dev pull this particular move with a main female character and I doubt IS would either. In fact, I doubt IS will do a main female lord at all because of reasons I stated previously. Maybe calling them sexist is too strong a word to use, but in that interview some of the main developers had in Nintendo Dream they did show some very old school type of thinking in regards to gender. To paraphrase Alm and Celica are partly meant to represent their ideas of what masculinity and femininity are. That is why Alm chooses the path of power while Celica chooses the path of love and ends up being sacrificed to Duma. If you look back at their male lords and female lords you'll find a good portion of them fit this sort of mold. Obviously there are exceptions, but it makes it difficult to ever see a female main lord actually became a reality without being shoved aside by a male one at some point.

Back on topic though it seems like that leak was wrong. If a direct was meant to occur tomorrow then they would have announced it by now. Maybe we will get a surprise one tomorrow but it definitely won't include everything that they listed. So we are back to nothing unfortunately.

9 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Lol this is gold

Who cares who the lead is? as long as it's well written
I can agree with this sentiment

10 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Well said,I agree with everything.....Well expect the part were you said that Echoes had an entertaining storyline which I disagree but that's another topic.

All I want for FE switch is a good writen story and a cast of characters that I can care about.