FE16 "leaks"

33 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

As I said earlier RDR 2 will dominate the last 3 months of the year,it would be wiser in Nindis part to not release big titles then.Unless they want their titles to sell terribly.

Not if it is Pokemon game or a 2D Mario game.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man.....its been a while that I was on this board not that I felt depress or anything(although still no info pushed me away a bit) was doing other things. I do think FE Switch will obviously come out before November as already mentioned November is around big holiday titles especially if Pokemon Switch comes this year as much as I love FE its definitely not in that range for release I'm expecting earlier.

20 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

As I said earlier RDR 2 will dominate the last 3 months of the year,it would be wiser in Nindis part to not release big titles then.Unless they want their titles to sell terribly.

It being the wiser decision doesn't really matter when it comes to Nintendo. You are absolutely right, but I can see a November or December release anyway. Nintendo isn't up to date on what all the other game companies are doing, and since RDR2 isn't even coming out on the Switch they probably don't care at all. I doubt that the game will bomb though. It will not do as good it would if they released it earlier, but it will not bomb.

The two crowds aren't so interconnected that one will majorly affect the other, RDR2 comes out late October so the majority will get it then and leave late Nov and Dec for other titles, and then there is Fire Emblem Heroes and the inevitable Smash rep. FEH will keep the hype for the game up, and you should never underestimate the impact Smash has on a series. I don't think we are going to see a PoR and RD situation here too much because of all of that.

Still initial sales are going to get hit, and Nintendo better hope this game has long legs to get the best from it.

3 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

FEH will keep the hype for the game up, and you should never underestimate the impact Smash has on a series. I don't think we are going to see a PoR and RD situation here too much because of all of that.

FE7 and FE8 wasn't hot sellers. FE9, FE10 and FE11 bombed. People were already saying Awakening was a succes and the saviour of the franchise before Smash 4 releases. Do we really were going to have 6 FE characters in Smash 4 if it wasn't for FE13 own merits?

Pikmin 3 bombed.

Metroid Other M and Federation Forces bombed (also no one is talking about Samus Returns, but I dunno if the game is considered a failure).

Star Fox Assault, Command and Zero bombed.

F-Zero GX bombed.

If I'm not mistaken Bayonetta 1 and 2 aren't million sellers (I'm counting those games separately).

So yeah, I understimate Smash's power to drive niche games sales. But I agree FEH can effectively have an effect on FE16, that game introduces actual gameplay and mechanics of FE to a broader audience.

^Then again even with FEH effect right now it's not guaranteed look at SoV even with the Heroes promo it obviously didn't do as good as the other big 2 in the 3DS trilogy mind you there was alot of reasons why it did average at best but point is outside support can do wonders to games (depending on the series) but at the same time it might have little effect.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Well at this point if FE doesn't get its own Direct again around the few couple months E3 is pretty much do or die for FE16.

Exactly either a direct before E3 or it's an E3 reveal,they can't continue being silent any more.....I mean of course they can but for us fans it won't be good.

I admit, I have thought about the likelihood of nintendo wanting to kill the series, maybe after all the fates controversy, they want to get rid of the series, so holding it off for E3 they intend for fe16 to get overshadowed by everything at E3, then the game can bomb and IS can focus exclusively on heroes, then nintendo can dump the unprofitable main series.

It's a win/win nintendo still gets heroes money without controversy and IS gets to focus exclusively on fanservice.

Nintendo could also be vastly overestimating fire emblem's popularity, but I prefer to imagine that it is an uphill battle where everyone is an enemy and no one is to be trusted.

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I admit, I have thought about the likelihood of nintendo wanting to kill the series, maybe after all the fates controversy, they want to get rid of the series, so holding it off for E3 they intend for fe16 to get overshadowed by everything at E3, then the game can bomb and IS can focus exclusively on heroes, then nintendo can dump the unprofitable main series.

It's a win/win nintendo still gets heroes money without controversy and IS gets to focus exclusively on fanservice.

Nintendo could also be vastly overestimating fire emblem's popularity, but I prefer to imagine that it is an uphill battle where everyone is an enemy and no one is to be trusted.

Unlikely at the moment. The series is currently enjoying record highs in its popularity.

Also, the Fates controversy is meaningless to Nintendo. A few people whining on a forum don't compare to the money made on that title. The evidence for this is clear. In spinoffs like Heroes and Warriors, Fates gets preferential treatment. This wouldn't happen if they were attempting to wash their hands of it. They are consistently doing the exact opposite in putting it front and center constantly.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't think it's gonna bomb. I thought Xenoblade 2 was gonna bomb but it didn't. That game went full-on fanservice/anime-ish with the recent iteration.

Edited by Arvin

On 09.03.2018 at 11:33 PM, ElectiveToast said:

What would you guys think about an FE game set in Tamriel? 

Doubt that's a good idea. FE, while definitely not a bad series, is generic sword-and-dragon fantasy. TES is a mixture of Gnosticism and Buddhism made while being high masked as generic sword-and-dragon fantasy. And that's even before starting with anything related to hists or dwemers.

To me, it sounds like a crossover between Warhammer 40K and My Little Pony.

1 hour ago, Linorn said:

Doubt that's a good idea. FE, while definitely not a bad series, is generic sword-and-dragon fantasy. TES is a mixture of Gnosticism and Buddhism made while being high masked as generic sword-and-dragon fantasy. And that's even before starting with anything related to hists or dwemers.

I wasn't thinking so much a crossover as an FE game set in the lore of TES. 

2 hours ago, Linorn said:

For the record, that's actually a thing. There are even fanfictions, too.

god_empress_celestia_by_johnjoseco-d4dgxjv.thumb.png.d19d7de70052d014b6aa66408dc88b9f.png

1 hour ago, MetalAmethyst said:

For the record, that's actually a thing. There are even fanfictions, too.

Yeah, I know. But it's not a serious thing.

2 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

I wasn't thinking so much a crossover as an FE game set in the lore of TES. 

Then I do not know if there's a TES event that might fit into how Fire Emblem games are shaped. Alessia's rebellion seems to be the closest one.

21 minutes ago, kisooni said:

Any chance we get an acknowledgement of FE16 with the release of Cipher series 12 on March 22nd? Literally trying to find a connection anywhere.

Probably not. They wouldn't really do that... unless they got permission, but I highly doubt that.

1 hour ago, kisooni said:

Any chance we get an acknowledgement of FE16 with the release of Cipher series 12 on March 22nd? Literally trying to find a connection anywhere.

I doubt it. The only time I'm gonna get my hopes up (though I'd recommend being patient rather than hoping for news any time soon) is April 20th, but I don't expect it to happen. Realistically, E3 is most likely reveal.

On 3/15/2018 at 1:28 AM, Morian said:

FE7 and FE8 wasn't hot sellers. FE9, FE10 and FE11 bombed. People were already saying Awakening was a succes and the saviour of the franchise before Smash 4 releases. Do we really were going to have 6 FE characters in Smash 4 if it wasn't for FE13 own merits?

Pikmin 3 bombed.

Metroid Other M and Federation Forces bombed (also no one is talking about Samus Returns, but I dunno if the game is considered a failure).

Star Fox Assault, Command and Zero bombed.

F-Zero GX bombed.

If I'm not mistaken Bayonetta 1 and 2 aren't million sellers (I'm counting those games separately).

So yeah, I understimate Smash's power to drive niche games sales. But I agree FEH can effectively have an effect on FE16, that game introduces actual gameplay and mechanics of FE to a broader audience.

The problem with this is that Fire Emblem can no longer be called niche, and that is what all of those games are. As much as people talk about loving Metroid and wanting a new F-Zero game the numbers don't lie. All of those game series are niche and have always been so. That is why it can take longer for a new title to show up as opposed to their much better selling franchises...of which FE is one of them and that is the reason they had 3 games practically back to back. Fire Emblem will sell well and the Smash rep will keep it in the minds of people who use that character or who see it on the roster. Will it sell as well as it could have if they had released it earlier? No. I said this before as well that by doing this Nintendo is going to have to hope that the game has long legs, and it just might but they are gambling without knowing they are gambling. One of the worst and best things about Nintendo is that they don't pay attention to the competition. It means they don't pull some of the stunts that the others do, but it also leads to scenarios like this one where they are ignoring big name games that can affect the profit of their other games.

Then again what big name games are coming out around November and December? I feel like everyone is doom saying because the only two big games coming out so far are Call of Duty and RDR2. Both of which come out in October so a Nov and Dec release date for FE isn't going to be too badly affected. In my experience the majority of people who want these games will buy them on release or around there. Some parents will be buying CoD for there kids during Christmas and of course others will be gifting them as well, but the majority of sales will be in the release week. That is when most video games make the majority of their sales.

1 hour ago, YingofDarkness said:

Then again what big name games are coming out around November and December? I feel like everyone is doom saying because the only two big games coming out so far are Call of Duty and RDR2. Both of which come out in October so a Nov and Dec release date for FE isn't going to be too badly affected. In my experience the majority of people who want these games will buy them on release or around there. Some parents will be buying CoD for there kids during Christmas and of course others will be gifting them as well, but the majority of sales will be in the release week. That is when most video games make the majority of their sales.

...I keep forgetting that people still play Call of Duty.  Then again, I often forget for long periods of time that Sonic exists, so make of that what you will.

4 hours ago, senior firehood said:

What happens if the e3 dont showing us any fire emblem? is it dead?

FE Switch was already listed on Nintendo's website (or somewhere like that), so it's safe to assume it's not dead, even if we don't get any information in the near future. That being said, I start to lose patience as well, and the latest Direct wasn't a good experience neither...

All right, this is more to keep the conversation going but, there is a nindie showcase on nintendo's youtube channel and I was wondering if we could at least get something of interest to us FE fans like a tease that it hasn't been forgotten (don't have high expectations, I posted just to keep the converstaion going).