FE16 "leaks"

20 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Meh, we had a new world not too long ago with Fates, and that was pretty bad in terms of worldbuilding, so I say the best course of action is either another Elibe or Tellius game, since those are the most lore rich continents besides Archanea. 

EDIT: Gaiden 2 may also be a possibility. 

That was because they didn't use the full script of the writer to its full potential just borrowed ideas. I rather more new worlds (which I'm 100% expecting) then later on future worlds of previous games well the ones that would work besides Archanea.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

That was because they didn't use the full script of the writer to its full potential just borrowed ideas. I rather more new worlds (which I'm 100% expecting) then later on future worlds of previous games well the ones that would work besides Archanea.

So that explains why there’s so many plot holes. Regardless, they’d likely do the same with a new world, so it would really be best just to build off of old worlds first, and then focus on making a new setting once the old worlds have run their course. 

I remember reading an interview with a prominent screenwriter who said, in his own experience, what tends to work on a story and/or character treatment never works on a script. I wonder if Fates was a victim of that, even though that writer was speaking from a film point-of-view.

32 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Besides FE3, have we ever revisted a continent who had a story that felt complete? (I don't count FE10 since I felt it had some obvious sequel bait moments to wrap up.)

Does Jugdral count? 

FE4 wrapped up pretty neatly, yet the following game was a midquel that explained what Leif was up to when he was liberating his homeland. 

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Does Jugdral count? 

FE4 wrapped up pretty neatly, yet the following game was a midquel that explained what Leif was up to when he was liberating his homeland. 

Oh yeah that's true. I kinda forgot to even say it in my initial comment and just forgot and put something similar, but what I actually meant was, with the exception of FE3, has there ever been a game in the series where we return to another continent to finish up plot related stuff after a game in between of some other thing? I guess FE13 did that, but it barely relates to the original lore and continent.

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

So that explains why there’s so many plot holes. Regardless, they’d likely do the same with a new world, so it would really be best just to build off of old worlds first, and then focus on making a new setting once the old worlds have run their course. 

A new world would likely have the benefit of not taking one script and jamming a third game into it alongside all the other changes.

I mean I assume this game will be, you know, a single game and not 2 or 3.

14 hours ago, r_n said:

A new world would likely have the benefit of not taking one script and jamming a third game into it alongside all the other changes.

I mean I assume this game will be, you know, a single game and not 2 or 3.

Pretty much also that's also another good question regarding multiple version exclusives I don't think it'll happen for 16 (well no one knows lol) but in the future for sure definitely.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

so it can be a direct on 7 may? that came from gamefaq? i dont trust them......

if they make the game with new lifeley conversations between characters than i would be happy. i dont want the copything like fates was......owain-> odin thing or so...

I like the characters in awakening...lonqu with fear of woman, tharja, noir because all the conversations was pretty funny^^ and that conversation i missed in fates...it was horrible...i hope they do much more in fe16.

6 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

if they make the game with new lifeley conversations between characters than i would be happy. i dont want the copything like fates was......owain-> odin thing or so...

I like the characters in awakening...lonqu with fear of woman, tharja, noir because all the conversations was pretty funny^^ and that conversation i missed in fates...it was horrible...i hope they do much more in fe16.

Considering that's tomorrow and we haven't heard any news, it's most likely fake.

Meanwhile I'm just here believing it's not coming out anytime soon and I'm expecting an excuse any day now as to why. 

1 hour ago, senior firehood said:

Like @Michelaar said nothing today was announced beforehand so its pretty much fake than it already was from where the source came from. 

I'm DEFINITELY sure we'll get more colorful and tropey characters in FE16 that's why the FE characters are so memorable.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

4 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I'm DEFINITELY sure we'll get more colorful and tropey characters in FE16 that's why the FE characters are so memorable.

The most memorable characters to me are ones with interesting backstories and/or development. I'll take more Jills and Ninos over Peris and Kellams anyday, please.

Fates and SoV were much less tropey with their characters, imo anyway, so I hope FE16 continues that trend and makes believable, well-written characters. One or two "comedic gimmick" guys are ok, I just don't want the majority of the cast to be like that again.

39 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

The most memorable characters to me are ones with interesting backstories and/or development. I'll take more Jills and Ninos over Peris and Kellams anyday, please.

There's a weird correlation people have where memorable=good. I'll probably remember Peri to the end of my days clearer than I'll remember say, Oscar.

But I'd much, much, much rather have a game of Oscars than a game of Peris. Because Peri, like many more modern FE characters, just beat you over the head with their gimmicks until you're blue in the face. They practically scream for you to remember them just by sheer persistence.

12 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

*looks at calender* oh look May 7th! lol seriously were almost at a month left till E3 just ignore the fake leaks till then.

I don't understand why anyone would post a leak about something coming in twoish days just to get attention for such a short period of time. People sure can be selfish sometimes I guess.

2 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

I don't understand why anyone would post a leak about something coming in twoish days just to get attention for such a short period of time. People sure can be selfish sometimes I guess.

Very true lol

unsurprising, the day isn't over yet, but at this point it's safe to assume the leak is dead. I imagine that the people who supply these leaks must get a real kick out of getting someone to post a false leak ruining their reputation.

I wonder which will happen first: This topic hitting 100 pages or us getting to E3

9 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

I wonder which will happen first: This topic hitting 100 pages or us getting to E3

Considering how active the thread will get near E3, I think we'll hit 100 pages before then.

4 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

Considering how active the thread will get near E3, I think we'll hit 100 pages before then.

What happens first, 8 pages filled, or a month passes?

it is a really close bet if you ask me, this thread can be so lively and dead all at once.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

15 hours ago, Slumber said:

There's a weird correlation people have where memorable=good. I'll probably remember Peri to the end of my days clearer than I'll remember say, Oscar.

But I'd much, much, much rather have a game of Oscars than a game of Peris. Because Peri, like many more modern FE characters, just beat you over the head with their gimmicks until you're blue in the face. They practically scream for you to remember them just by sheer persistence.

True, Peri is memorable for being so terrible. Maybe not the best example. I really can't say I find most of Awakening's cast memorable though, since they were just gimmicky without being offensive like Peri. 

As for the possibility of a direct, apparently the original release by Nintendo in Japanese used wording that said the information about the online service would be out "in the first 10 days of May", so it's probably going to be closer to the end of the week if it happens.

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

True, Peri is memorable for being so terrible. Maybe not the best example. I really can't say I find most of Awakening's cast memorable though, since they were just gimmicky without being offensive like Peri. 

As for the possibility of a direct, apparently the original release by Nintendo in Japanese used wording that said the information about the online service would be out "in the first 10 days of May", so it's probably going to be closer to the end of the week if it happens.

And here I am, liking Peri.