FE16 "leaks"

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I really wonder why people even make these fake leaks. Like, I don't understand their mindsets at all.

these fake leakers want just attention, friends for short time or famous thing....i dont understand it but i dont want to understand them either

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

these fake leakers want just attention, friends for short time or famous thing....i dont understand it but i dont want to understand them either

Lol they have no life.

34 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

Perhaps in part. But ultimately, fake leaks are just part of the fun in a hype cycle. The speculation, anticipation, and outright trolling all make the wait a social experience of sorts. 

Am I the only one that thinks that game developers benefit from leaks to the point where I think they might even be paid? Think about it, what kept both pokemon and FE alive for so long despite no official news (this thread is proof of this)? "LEAKS" . We here for example have been talking about this game since September straight (don't know before this). Or pokemon, look at previous years May has been an important month and reveals and news are expected, because GameFreak never reveals during E3 and shows footage people expect this month a reveal if it is coming now so leaks say this month the announcement and lets go pikachu and eevee. Saw a video that GF claimed them, now whenever tgey announce the game and weather all thus is true or no, people will be hyped and the game will not go unnoticed at first and will get attention. I mean how could a big international company can't catch a random dude that either trully has inside info or pretends? Not saying that all leaks are part of a well thought plan, some are obviously fake but I believe some are as I said. 

P.S. sorry if I made any grammar mistakes I was typing fast

Edited by SuperNova125

I honestly don't mind leaks that much even if a bunch of them are clearly fake it helps pass the time till the actual thing gets officially revealed like for FE16 as example although it doesn't get the luxury that other games are getting with rumors/leaks coming out its still hilarious to see when it occasionally does.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

20 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

the subtitle "memories" fits the modern trend with FE subtitles, being them just one word (awakening and fates)

i think it's plausible, but i'm also shitting my pants if i even dare to think about what that "memories" may refer to

24 minutes ago, Yexin said:

the subtitle "memories" fits the modern trend with FE subtitles, being them just one word (awakening and fates)

i think it's plausible, but i'm also shitting my pants if i even dare to think about what that "memories" may refer to

How do you mean?

Also, the Pokemon leaks are basically confirmed, for those interested:

its interesting to hear that hawaii thing is gone^^ i would buy it.

i heard about heartstone, its a cardgame from blizzard and they said they will bring heartstone to the switch......it is possible that IS bring cipher on the switch ?

was there any leaker in the past who leaked always true storys?not fakes ones? i only know mrs.4chan that leaked vampire emblem or other thigns like a date for next direct but not always true^^

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

How do you mean?

Also, the Pokemon leaks are basically confirmed, for those interested:

The real question is if this confirms simply that part of the leak, or the leak as a whole. Only time will tell I guess. The only leaks I don't think are beneficial are the ones like Echoes where the whole game is spoiled and a free download of it is obtainable.

51 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

its interesting to hear that hawaii thing is gone^^ i would buy it.

i heard about heartstone, its a cardgame from blizzard and they said they will bring heartstone to the switch......it is possible that IS bring cipher on the switch ?

was there any leaker in the past who leaked always true storys?not fakes ones? i only know mrs.4chan that leaked vampire emblem or other thigns like a date for next direct but not always true^^

hearthstone is digital, you could put hearthstone on any device with little effort.

cipher is a physical card game, to bring it to switch that would require new assets to be made.

the answer is probably not, cipher would require more effort and resources than IS may see as worth using.

Pretty much all leakers get it wrong sometimes, they normally get their info from employees who work at the companies and anonymous tips, this makes vetting their leaks tricky because they can't just let some good, possibly true info slide, but they may be wrong from sources being malicious or just misinterpreting what they saw.

6 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Fire Emblem : Memories sounds like we’re gonna get another amnesiac protagonist trying to uncover his past. 

Wouldn't be surprised if as usual its the MU of the game lol

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

7 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Fire Emblem : Memories sounds like we’re gonna get another amnesiac protagonist trying to uncover his past. 

Fire Emblem Memories sounds like another game that will start with another fucking flashback -.-

24 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

I think Memories would actually kinda fit with that fallen soldiers theme that was brought up a while back.

47 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

oh god, I didn't think about that possibility, that feels like a bad thing to emphasize for any story.

I am already concerned about fire emblem 16 but if that is where we are going I can almost say that this is already crap.

15 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

oh god, I didn't think about that possibility, that feels like a bad thing to emphasize for any story.

I am already concerned about fire emblem 16 but if that is where we are going I can almost say that this is already crap.

The amnesiac protags popular in the late 2000s and early 2010s are coming back!

I sure hope that we'll speculating incorrectly. We've had enough amnesiacs in video games in the past decade or so to las a lifetime.

Edited by familyplayer

1 hour ago, Mbgx16 said:

I think Memories would actually kinda fit with that fallen soldiers theme that was brought up a while back.

I am so happy that I am not the only one who thought that. What was it called  again? Elegy of the fallen Heroes or so, wasn‘t it? Maybe instead of amnesia we get some kind of past history like a history book, with a melancholy feeling. Or (a little bit more crazy and mostly just having fun brainstorming)you play as heroes in a present timeline and switch between that present and the past, with the past influencing events in the present.

38 minutes ago, Titania said:

I am so happy that I am not the only one who thought that. What was it called  again? Elegy of the fallen Heroes or so, wasn‘t it? Maybe instead of amnesia we get some kind of past history like a history book, with a melancholy feeling. Or (a little bit more crazy and mostly just having fun brainstorming)you play as heroes in a present timeline and switch between that present and the past, with the past influencing events in the present.

Elegy of the Brave.

And I actually really like the idea of switching between the past and present. Training two armies that will never interact simultaneously would be an interesting challenge for sure. I'd be down for that.

1 hour ago, familyplayer said:

The amnesiac protags popular in the late 2000s and early 2010s are coming back!

I sure hope that we'll speculating incorrectly. We've had enough amnesiacs in video games in the past decade or so to las a lifetime.

Amnesia may be cliche, but it's cliche because it's a powerful writing tool. It can be used to great effect and has given gaming some of its best plot twists. To give an example - SW: KotOR.

Edited by Etheus

2 hours ago, Titania said:

"Elegy of the Brave" although I doubt that's what we're getting pretty interesting idea.

I'm going to prefix this with an apology for any sloppiness or difficult to understand composition, I tend to go from one thing to another and that may make things difficult to follow. 

10 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Amnesia may be cliche, but it's cliche because it's a powerful writing tool. It can be used to great effect and has given gaming some of its best plot twists. To give an example - SW: KotOR.

kotor had a very different setup for its amnesia, given that as far as the player was concerned there was no amnesia and no relevant history that went unknown, the only reason why the twist was shocking was because the amnesia was never mentioned and while the player upon waking for the first time can ask where am I, it is framed as a stupid question from someone who was just awakened by an explosion, you don't recognise Trask (your bunkmate) but that is explained by the fact that you work opposite shifts, besides comparing one of the greatest twists in games to general use of a trope isn't fair to the use in that context, it's like saying esakai is an excellent genre and only giving the greatest example of said genre for reference, just because one got it right doesn't mean it is a good way of doing things.

spoilers for fire emblem awakening and knights of the old republic (though I doubt that by now you have not been spoiled on kotor or don't care and awakening's story is not good enough to not want to bother spoiling)

Spoiler

another reason why amnesia is a horrible idea for a new fire  emblem is because awakening had the same twist as kotor, and when awakening did it is was underwhelming and obvious where they were going, the amnesia was thrown in from the beginning and played a massive role in the story (Robin stayed with chrom not because he believed it was the right thing to do but because there was no other place to go) there was no way that they were going to just let this go unanswered either. Robin's amnesia amounts to nothing robin's tactical skills are never explained with this, neither do we learn why robin knows magic, neither do we learn where robin learned to fight, the amnesia only serves two purposes, 1. To hide robin's lineage (which could have been solved by making his mother relevant to the story but this world commit the cardinal sin of giving Robin a backstory) and 2. to seamlessly insert robin into the shepherds with no issue. Amnesia is only ever used for avatar characters (this is also the sort of the case in kotor) to insert the player into the world with no past, no history, no name, this isn't what I'd call good writing and I would even call it unnecessary.

kotor handles amnesia way better because they don't use amnesia as a plot device, revan helps the republic because it served his goals (whether fabricated by the jedi or not) not because he doesn't know anywhere else to go, but because he (and by extension the player) thinks he is a republic soldier, this in turn means that when the big twist is revealed any there is shock by everyone (player and PC included) this is because we are, from the beginning, left unaware that anything is wrong with our character's head, the twist also makes plenty of sense with an excellent amount of foreshadowing making this not come out of nowhere, the cutscene which follows this revelation is a compilation of various scenes which you may have forgotten about with quotes like "I hear the force can do terrible things to a mind, it can destroy your mind and wipe away your very identity" or "we normally don't train jedi at such an old age, but this is a special case" further hammering home the fact that this is not unreasonable, it also acts as an explanation for why you learn the force in only a few weeks. I guess that my main opinion of how kotor uses amnesia is that they don't use it in its purest form, it is never used to explain the world to the player, it is never used for a big mystery, it is only ever used for the sake of the twist.

Amnesia is generally used as an info dump to tell the player where they are and how the world works or to make the PC stupid enough to be open to anything, it also ends up being really difficult to resolve as you either make it obviously spectacular or lame and undeserving of even existing, we can't just let the answer be you are just some guy from just some place it would render the twist really unintresting.

again, sorry if this seems a bit hard to follow, I think I got it to a decent point, but I can never be certain.

Hmm, that KotOR use of amnesia reminds me of SRW A. It's a bit of a similar case. Similar, though not exactly. If amnesia is involved again for a FE protagonist, I wouldn't mind them going the Axel Almer route, in that case. Actually, it would totally be funny if they do end up acting similar to Axel... lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

How do you mean?

well, it's just that i have a bad feeling about it

2 hours ago, Corrobin said:

I want the game noooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

we all feel that way now......

pls calm down. maybe we hear something around 26th or e3. its just a couple of weeks away.

if nothing happens......then we must wait more til the end of the year or we all riot!