FE16 "leaks"

The whole face petting mechanic was just really bizarrely out of place. 

I've said it before but some characters had lines during the skinship minigame that made it abundantly clear Kamui's rubbing on them was not at all consensual. Honestly, just reworking some lines (like they already did plenty of) could've fixed that, but yikes. 

It's far less, "I can decide for myself if I can handle this content," and ranges instead from "Does this content require a higher rating, affecting our range of sales, and need to remain unchanged?" to "What audience does this content appeal to and do we want that association?" which is a far more complex series of decisions.

Kimishima's era, however, has seemingly relaxed some of Nintendo's prudish localization tendencies, so I really don't know what to expect for the new FE. SoV wasn't really fanservicey despite so many opportunities to make it so, but Fates did far better in sales. 7 days, yall.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My stance on the petting mini-game still sits firmly in the camp of "I thought it was dumb, but it was even more dumb they removed it because censorship is never okay,"  but let's not get into that again (I wish more and more every day that America wasn't so Protestant though). 

... Or, no. I will get into that. Tell it to me straight: Would you be talking like this if they'd removed the same sex S supports for Niles and Rahjat with Corrin? If you say that's different than you lose, because it isn't. There are some people who still think that homosexuality isn't appropriate for children so that could be said to be a thing that could affect the game's rating and range of sales too, if this game had come out a few years earlier. If you're okay with someone removing something from a piece of media because it makes you personally uncomfortable, then you have no right to say that other people can't do the same just because their views on what isn't appropriate don't align with yours. This is why censorship is bad, period. 

Edited by Troublesome Knight

The only reason I was against the removal of face-petting was not becuase I wanted it or liked it, but just because I dislike censorship of almost any kind. It feels like babying to remove stuff because we supposedly "can't take it." I understand why some might not be bothered by smaller changes, but I've learned that when it comes to stuff like censorship it usually comes in small steps towards larger things so I always am against it. Adding content or changing something slightly to keep the T rating is justifiable imo and is fine, but otherwise I will always disagree with it. The Soliel controversy was really stupid as it started with a joke taken seriously and went from there as people who probably weren't even into FE or knew what it really was decided to suddenly care about it. I'm more mixed with her character itself as she's such a non-used stereotype from Japan (more common ones including tsundere and the like) that just no one would get here in the US and it would come off as confusing. Though they didn't change the supports (except her S's and M!Corrin's), so it still doesn't really make sense to uninformed players so it's still weird. Though some of the stupidest changes were in the other supports where things changed for no good reason. Some of the S supports for the children characters became "best friends forever" supports (RIP M!Kana) and Saizo and Beruka's C support randomly was changed into a joke support. All in all though, censorship is really annoying and should be avoided. Also, I feel like we had this convo some amount of pages ago and I typed something really similar. All rant aside, it's very likely something will get censored. I didn't really hear anything about Echoes getting censored though, though that was still by 8-4 who are a lot less stringent. Though if we're getting a world wide release, it might be Treehouse which is usually OK, but they fucked up Fates in many ways, which hurt my trust a lot.

6 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

The only reason I was against the removal of face-petting was not becuase I wanted it or liked it, but just because I dislike censorship of almost any kind. It feels like babying to remove stuff because we supposedly "can't take it." I understand why some might not be bothered by smaller changes, but I've learned that when it comes to stuff like censorship it usually comes in small steps towards larger things so I always am against it. Adding content or changing something slightly to keep the T rating is justifiable imo and is fine, but otherwise I will always disagree with it. The Soliel controversy was really stupid as it started with a joke taken seriously and went from there as people who probably weren't even into FE or knew what it really was decided to suddenly care about it. I'm more mixed with her character itself as she's such a non-used stereotype from Japan (more common ones including tsundere and the like) that just no one would get here in the US and it would come off as confusing. Though they didn't change the supports (except her S's and M!Corrin's), so it still doesn't really make sense to uninformed players so it's still weird. Though some of the stupidest changes were in the other supports where things changed for no good reason. Some of the S supports for the children characters became "best friends forever" supports (RIP M!Kana) and Saizo and Beruka's C support randomly was changed into a joke support. All in all though, censorship is really annoying and should be avoided. Also, I feel like we had this convo some amount of pages ago and I typed something really similar. All rant aside, it's very likely something will get censored. I didn't really hear anything about Echoes getting censored though, though that was still by 8-4 who are a lot less stringent. Though if we're getting a world wide release, it might be Treehouse which is usually OK, but they fucked up Fates in many ways, which hurt my trust a lot.

The only thing I can think of with Echoes that came even remotely close to censorship was removing the healing functionality of alcoholic beverages.

Which happened in every version of the game, so I guess it doesn't actually count.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

This tweet lines up with the "leaked" chart, Reawakening is closer to happen.

Plot twist: Reawakening is a retelling of FE4, and Sigurd is Owain this time, Lucina is Deirdre, and Alvis is Robin’s evil twin. 

8 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Plot twist: Reawakening is a retelling of FE4, and Sigurd is Owain this time, Lucina is Deirdre, and Alvis is Robin’s evil twin. 

except its really bad and every major scene holds no weight... wait... Lucina and owain incest? I am indifferent to owain and detest lucina, but I can never pass on the opportunity for cousin lovin's.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

This tweet lines up with the "leaked" chart, Reawakening is closer to happen.

I don't see how this makes Reawakening more likely. Let's Go was already confirmed before we got the chart and having it at E3 isn't surprising.

I don’t know if reawakening is legit or not but even if it was a remade, enhanced and expanded version of it wouldn’t it be kind of disappointing if the game to kick FE’s console return was just a remake. It also wouldn’t set the Switch era of FE apart from the 3DS era and that feels like something a lot of fans are hoping for.

2 hours ago, DotDotDot said:

how did this get to 112 on a topic from 2017 about a fake leak?!?!

they do this on wednesday. maybe we see something this wednesday..i know its just a pokemon leak but i thought they give us pkmn information on e3 ( finacial report said pkmn should come 2019) so i think we maybe hear sthis week

6 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

i want to know from you. which emvlem leak do you like? pirate?gothic? vampire? just say it!

Aren't Gothic and Vampire Emblem the same thing?

I still prefer Vampire Emblem over all of these leaks, and especially over Reawakening.  I just can't help but commend the sheer effort that went into the Vampire Emblem leak compared to all the other leaks that came after.  Day and night cycles are an interesting idea that I could totally see appearing in multiple games.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

27 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

i want to know from you. which emvlem leak do you like? pirate?gothic? vampire? just say it!

None of them.

Pirate emblem didn’t have enough information and was debunked pretty quickly. Vampire/Gothic emblem just sounded like it would be Fates only edgier with way too many ways for it to screw up. That and everytime I thought about it I got this mental image of Corrin in a vampire cape going “bleh bleh I vant to suck your blood.”

28 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Aren't Gothic and Vampire Emblem the same thing?

I still prefer Vampire Emblem over all of these leaks, and especially over Reawakening.  I just can't help but commend the sheer effort that went into the Vampire Emblem leak compared to all the other leaks that came after.  Day and night cycles are an interesting idea that I could totally see appearing in multiple games.

you can have a gothic setting without vampires, and you can most assuredly have vampires outside of a gothic setting (twilight is urban fantasy not gothic)

I really don't care for vamp emblem, I feel it would be too much of a deviation from what fire emblem thematically is.

17 minutes ago, Modamy said:

None of them.

Pirate emblem didn’t have enough information and was debunked pretty quickly. Vampire/Gothic emblem just sounded like it would be Fates only edgier with way too many ways for it to screw up. That and everytime I thought about it I got this mental image of Corrin in a vampire cape going “bleh bleh I vant to suck your blood.”

Gonna have to agree with this as well. Too much dumb crap in all of them for my tastes.

1 hour ago, senior firehood said:

The only thing that I lik was the name "Elegy of the Brave". I prefer to have a multi-word title over a single word title.

Playing Castlevania makes me not against Vampire Emblem, but I wouldn't want to see it right now with the exact direction of the franchise unclear. Plus there a lot of the aspects about it that did not sound good.

Pirate Emblem didn't have much to it and I can't imagine being very interesting.

Memories is a boring title.

Reawakening is odd. Most ports are of Wii U game that may not have sold well due to the console. Awakening was a 3DS game that sold very well (nobody will let you forget that fact) and isn't a rare game; devoting resources to a port feels unnecessary. If it's more of a remake, then I'll be upset that a 3DS got a remake when we have three SNES games and a GBA game that still need to be localized. That's not even considering a Tellius port, since those games are much rarer than Awakening.

3 hours ago, senior firehood said:

I honestly really liked the idea of goth/vampire emblem and depending on how the story is handled it could've made a really strong entry it's almost certainly fake  though

38 minutes ago, Cardinal_Copia said:

I honestly really liked the idea of goth/vampire emblem and depending on how the story is handled it could've made a really strong entry it's almost certainly fake  though

maybe it is a fake but i dont think that IS is give us some crap story. 

I saw that Nieve character and some of you told me she is maybe a dlc character....but i really love her! i want her as a main character xD

she and the other knight from cipher remind me of an anime i watched long ago, akame ga kill! assassins vs hunters! but i think that have nothing to do with fe 16 xD it was just they looking so familiar^^