FE16 "leaks"

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Holy shit are you from the future?

No but the Q & As are there on every site for you to read. Don't tell me you'll just eat up every shit that GameFreak throws at you? 

People have been badmouthing Gamefreak for being lazy but this one takes it up a notch.

Edited by Arvin

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Arvin said:

No but the Q & As are there on every site for you to read. Don't tell me you'll just eat up every shit that GameFreak throws at you? 

People have been badmouthing Gamefreak for being lazy but this one takes it up a notch.

The point is that you're judging the game based on very little. You're even talking about it like you've already played it. We've got a trailer and some interviews. Get over yourself.

I certainly do not "just eat up every shit that GameFreak throws" at me, but Let's Go looks like something I'll like. I like Kanto, I like Eevee. I don't care about GTS, Battle Spot, or Wonder Trade, and the traditional catching method has become annoying for me, leaving me to just use repels all the time.

5 hours ago, Arvin said:

If it's a remake of an FE game, I hope they go all out and not half-assed like SOV. Update the dreadful maps, add new classes and add weapon triangle.

As Nintendo has stated before, it's not a remake. FE16/FE Switch is an original main series game. Whether that means it's related to past games in any way is still up in the air though. Also, I think someone is allowed to dislike something even if they haven't played it or at least say they're disinterested. I don't need to watch The Room to know how bad it is for example. It could be amazing, but having these first impressions be so bad is a big mistake on Game Freak/Nintendo's part. 

Wow...I was just resting a while from this board and this happens....and as @familyplayersaid it's obviously not a remake they stated its a brand new game it could be a spiritual follow-up or completely new world (my personal guess new world) but in 6 days we'll get the reveal.

Look at how much they keep saying that the 2019 will be a traditional game.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

The point is that you're judging the game based on very little. You're even talking about it like you've already played it. We've got a trailer and some interviews. Get over yourself.

I certainly do not "just eat up every shit that GameFreak throws" at me, but Let's Go looks like something I'll like. I like Kanto, I like Eevee. I don't care about GTS, Battle Spot, or Wonder Trade, and the traditional catching method has become annoying for me, leaving me to just use repels all the time.

So dump the whole mechanic just cause you find it annoying? You can completely ignore that mechanic if you don't like it. Any added content means they made it their way to satisfy the customer. So you're one of those so called Genwunners?

There's no need for me to waste money on a barebones product especially at that price. Heck at least Pokemon Go is free unlike this one. Look at how much they have to confirm that the game for 2019 is Gen 8 and is a core game.

43 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Wow...I was just resting a while from this board and this happens....and as @familyplayersaid it's obviously not a remake they stated its a brand new game it could be a spiritual follow-up or completely new world (my personal guess new world) but in 6 days we'll get the reveal.

Keep in mind that the game may not be showcased during the E3 direct on June 12. It may be revealed during the subsequent 3 day Nintendo treehouse.

26 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Keep in mind that the game may not be showcased during the E3 direct on June 12. It may be revealed during the subsequent 3 day Nintendo treehouse.

Pretty sure the 3 day treehouse is just gameplay stuff though. I don't remember them ever revealing stuff there. Also, since FE is a big IP now, I highly doubt they would just let it get revealed so unceremoniously. 

1 minute ago, Arvin said:

Well Fire Emblem 16 better not look as horrible as that game.

If their little insistence that the game will look "beautiful" and that the character models will use more realistic proportions a la Shadows of Valentia is true, then it shouldn't.

If anything, I hope they don't fall into the trap they did with Shadows of Valentia and put more effort into making the game look and sound pretty than into making an actual fun game.

3 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

I hope it is better than Fire Emblem Warriors^^

I love Fire Emblem Warriors though. Yes, it has room for improvement, but for someone who plays Warriors games, FE Warriors is in so many ways a step up in polish and quality than the standard for that genre. 

8 hours ago, kiaxxl said:

I just really don't want a Fates or Awakening sequel/prequel. I enjoyed those games, but they had their time and are still getting plenty of spotlight in spin-offs. In actuality, I want this new game to be completely on a new continent with no cameos or Asugi-esque characters. Amiibo fighters could be the exception but apart from that...

I think Awakening has an additional weakness that makes a sequel a particularly bad idea. The story just hasn't given Awakening any room for a sequel. All threats have been dealt with and all loose ends have been tied up. The lack of world building also makes it much harder to create any new threat. 

With Tellius it was easy since the Senate was obviously up to no good in POR and the race relations had to result to war eventually. Binding blade had characters who's past the prequel could go to explore and I'd say Fates has those characters too in the form of (real) Garon and Sumaragi. Ylisse doesn't have any of that. There's no threat left to fight and nothing found in Ylisse, Plegia or Valm suggest any world spamming threat will emerge any time soon. 

16 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

If their little insistence that the game will look "beautiful" and that the character models will use more realistic proportions a la Shadows of Valentia is true, then it shouldn't.

If anything, I hope they don't fall into the trap they did with Shadows of Valentia and put more effort into making the game look and sound pretty than into making an actual fun game.

Wait, where did they ever state that?

1 minute ago, Ryo said:

Wait, where did they ever state that?

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-echoes-devs-realistic-proportions-will-carry-over-into-the-switch-game-why-alm-is-left-handed-more/

Under "On realistic proportions..."

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

25 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm not sure that an actual fun game was even possible. Gaiden's maps were quite frankly so barebones and poorly designed that to make an actual fun Fire Emblem game out of the experience would require completely scrapping the original game in everything but characters and story. Would it even be a remake at that point?

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I'm not sure that an actual fun game was even possible. Gaiden's maps were quite frankly so barebones and poorly designed that to make an actual fun Fire Emblem game out of the experience would require completely scrapping the original game in everything but characters and story. Would it even be a remake at that point?

Probably not.  But maybe it would be worth it.

12 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Probably not.  But maybe it would be worth it.

I agree. But I would then question it: why remake Gaiden at all? The gameplay is broken and basic to a degree that, as stated, requires a complete redesign to be at all compelling. They kept the story and characters in name, but even this was fleshed out and changed enough to essentially be a brand new setting. Why not just make a new setting with new maps at this point? I'd certainly have been happier if they had.

Just now, Etheus said:

I agree. But I would then question it: why remake Gaiden at all? The gameplay is broken and basic to a degree that, as stated, requires a complete redesign to be at all compelling. They kept the story and characters in name, but even this was fleshed out and changed enough to essentially be a brand new setting. Why not just make a new setting with new maps at this point? I'd certainly have been happier if they had.

Me too.  Remaking Gaiden always did strike me as an odd choice.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

I doubt that it needs a big boom reveal at the direct since we heard NOTHING in over 500 days it needs an impact and the direct will/can do it not subjected to that.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

i hope that direct hit us with a train when fire emblem trailer starts! 

BUT when they show us some fire with a splatooncharacter again then im really anoyed!

If they show us gameplay then i really want moving bosses+fog of war back^^ but when they have new ideas, they welcome to show it xD

As excited as I am, I know the same negative members of the fanbase are going to instantly crap on the new characters/plot/whatever even with only like a minute of footage or something. :/