FE16 "leaks"

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

If they announce the next game is split into multiple versions I will be livid. People will say "hey wait for the games to come out before you judge" and I will tell them that I already waited before casting judgment the first time they did it. Trying to make three games in the time span you set aside for just one will tank the quality of all three. Fates was developed and even marketed around this central choice, but each choice requires more money down? That is incredibly greedy. Only the people that nabbed the special edition of the game actually made any "choice" at that part of the game. It took a beloved thing like route splits from previous games and monetized it.

Yeah i completely agree with this sentiment

I was very skeptical at first with the whole fates multiple copies thing and bought all 3. Conquest was fine (gameplay wise, the story was terrible) Birthright was eh. And revelations

well we won't even talk about that.

I'd rather them tack on a bunch of unnecessary DLC at the end then do this. Wasting the games narrative and overall experience to get some extra bucks outta the customers is pretty rash and scummy. They could of easily done it like they did FE7 or FE8 route differences. And if they were going to charge it shouldn't of been more then $10-15 dollars after you already purchased 1 route.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, kiaxxl said:

I still feel like FE has more negative people than the average fanbase, but perhaps it's a case of a loud minority? lol. I will say I feel like elitism has gone down a lot in past years, which is a good thing.

I wonder - in these 115 pages, did we ever have a correct leak? I'll guess we'll have to wait, but I feel like none of them are right. 

Depends on some fanbases. The bigger and more active the fanbase, the more conflict will erupt. Fire Emblem is strange among videogame fandoms, mainly because it's always been fairly active and has multiple sites/forums dedicated to it. It's one of the only ones that is very present even in the "off season".

9 hours ago, Chconroy said:

The validity of one leak doesn't verify every leak associated. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

True. Even if it's true, that doesn't mean all of the details are right.

6 hours ago, senior firehood said:

we just saw nieve and she hyped us good enouh. i really hope she will be the main character. if she is only dlc then we most really wait longer too see her...that would me make sad :(

Like others have said, I don't think they would make her a main character. She'll most likely be a Cipher DLC character along with Alice and Valjean (and the original quartet).

4 hours ago, Chconroy said:

I'd like to believe that they've learned their lesson from Fates and won't be doing multiple versions ever again.

As for writing, Echoes was an improvement in my opinion (I have some story issues, but I attribute that to their attempts of being faithful to a 1992 story more than probably necessary), so if they match it or do better, I'll be happy.

From what I gathered, and I hope I remember this correctly, Fates' development was rushed(?). The story and such was a lot longer and more detailed (because the writer they hired really got into it), and they had to condense it down. Not to mention that Fates has a huge cast, with nearly everyone having a support with nearly everyone. They probably know by now that something that ambitious in concept was more than they can chew. 

I wish we could get that initial novel that Fates was before so much was chopped off to make the game versions. I feel like the Valla weirdness, especially the royals there, probably took the biggest hit to try to rush the whole act of gathering the families for the final push. 

A handful of Switch titles, included FEWarriors, have a $70 dollar bundle that includes the base game and season pass. I'm betting FE16 will have a similar bundle with a round of DLC in the wings.

I'm expecting a special edition with the usual artbook, Maybe an Amiibo set and Special FE joy-cons obviously Japan will get the better edition as usual.

The DLC will very likely be like Awakening/Fates where it'll have set releases with some grind maps from start.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

24 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

I wish we could get that initial novel that Fates was before so much was chopped off to make the game versions. I feel like the Valla weirdness, especially the royals there, probably took the biggest hit to try to rush the whole act of gathering the families for the final push.

Yeah, I really hope one day we can see that initial draft of the story that Kibayashi wrote. I've been interested in it since I heard about it and I just have to know what was changed from it to make Fates' train wreck of a story.

I wonder if any of it went into that manga adaptation at all? I've heard it's really good and I want to get around to reading it. I remember even hearing a rumor back that Hans and Iago actually were morally grey originally or something, but that got swept aside? Something about them wanting to also take down Garon since he was crazy? Then again, that's just a rumor and I never saw definite proof. Would have been much than what we got when it came to them that's for sure. Garon isn't a very good villian, but Hans and Iago are much worse offenders by far.

35 minutes ago, Modamy said:

Yeah, I really hope one day we can see that initial draft of the story that Kibayashi wrote. I've been interested in it since I heard about it and I just have to know what was changed from it to make Fates' train wreck of a story.

plot twist: the original was an even bigger train wreck.

Though I guess that we don't have much to go off of for the original story's quality apart from second hand information. Would be pretty interesting if it did show up, though it'll won't happen until Kibayashi dies and someone buys it in an auction. 

1 hour ago, Altrosa said:

They are making the Fates artbook, while they won't put the original script in there there's a small chance we'll see some small bits or curiosities about it. If they don't put it there I don't know if we'll ever see it.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

If they announce the next game is split into multiple versions I will be livid. People will say "hey wait for the games to come out before you judge" and I will tell them that I already waited before casting judgment the first time they did it. Trying to make three games in the time span you set aside for just one will tank the quality of all three. Fates was developed and even marketed around this central choice, but each choice requires more money down? That is incredibly greedy. Only the people that nabbed the special edition of the game actually made any "choice" at that part of the game. It took a beloved thing like route splits from previous games and monetized it.

I thought the pricing was very fair. $40 + 20 for each additional campaign is a good deal for the content added (I'd call it greedy if the other campaigns were full priced, because of all the shared assets).

I do 100% agree with you on the matter of the game quality. Fates suffered heavily from development time being split. The story feels like the scaffolding of a proper story that they never actually got around to completing.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I thought the pricing was very fair. $40 + 20 for each additional campaign is a good deal for the content added (I'd call it greedy if the other campaigns were full priced, because of all the shared assets).

I do 100% agree with you on the matter of the game quality. Fates suffered heavily from development time being split. The story feels like the scaffolding of a proper story that they never actually got around to completing.

2 hours ago, familyplayer said:

I wonder if any of it went into that manga adaptation at all? I've heard it's really good and I want to get around to reading it. I remember even hearing a rumor back that Hans and Iago actually were morally grey originally or something, but that got swept aside? Something about them wanting to also take down Garon since he was crazy? Then again, that's just a rumor and I never saw definite proof. Would have been much than what we got when it came to them that's for sure. Garon isn't a very good villian, but Hans and Iago are much worse offenders by far.

The manga is fantastic, would recommend.

I hope there are no bullshit motion controls for Fire Emblem 16. Let's Go just confirmed that motions controls are required and cannot be turned off.

I do not believe anything related to F-Zero. If that Star Fox racing game turns out true then there won't be a need for F-Zero. They can have ExciteTruck if they want a more realistic looking racing or Diddy Kong racing if they want another Mario Kart-ish gane.

8 minutes ago, Arvin said:

I hope there are no bullshit motion controls for Fire Emblem 16. Let's Go just confirmed that motions controls are required and cannot be turned off.

I don't see there being a reason to have motion controls for Fire Emblem..

....unless there's going to be a dating simulator.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

In terms of 2 copies, I really feel like Revelation was the problem. It just undercut both routes completely and was like 'you want a fully happy ending? give us your credit card'. Maybe then they could've spent more time on making Birthright a stronger stand alone... (CQ was great, "father can't be evil!!1" aside)

I'd rather just have one this time, hopefully with a split route. I'd like an Eirika/Ephraim style where they split up in the middle and investigate different things.

I chose Birthright over Conquest for every reason but gameplay. Genuinely, I would choose to stay by my birth family in those circumstances, and I prefer the cast on that side. I still find it a bit surprising just how far in the minority I am in prefering BR, but I get that CQ is just so much more interesting to play.

I guess if we get another "split," I really hope one side isn't so vastly preferred over the other because one has super boring maps. Or just go the Echoes route and make it a back and forth.

Also, if they want another character like Lilith, IS need to go way harder on making them into a cute mascot like they claim they intended Lilith to be. Now that's a character that felt like we missed a huge amount of development.

5 hours ago, thanny said:

I don't see there being a reason to have motion controls for Fire Emblem..

....unless there's going to be a dating simulator.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

My castle face touching with HD rumble.

Maybe this is why we haven't seen FE yet. 

6 hours ago, Arvin said:

I do not believe anything related to F-Zero. If that Star Fox racing game turns out true then there won't be a need for F-Zero. They can have ExciteTruck if they want a more realistic looking racing or Diddy Kong racing if they want another Mario Kart-ish gane.

The only thing I see for a possible motion control aka HD Rumble is for the new "Skinship/Tap" mode which I'm definitely expecting that's gonna be fun for me!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

4 hours ago, Altrosa said:

I chose Birthright over Conquest for every reason but gameplay. Genuinely, I would choose to stay by my birth family in those circumstances, and I prefer the cast on that side. I still find it a bit surprising just how far in the minority I am in prefering BR, but I get that CQ is just so much more interesting to play.

I guess if we get another "split," I really hope one side isn't so vastly preferred over the other because one has super boring maps. Or just go the Echoes route and make it a back and forth.

Also, if they want another character like Lilith, IS need to go way harder on making them into a cute mascot like they claim they intended Lilith to be. Now that's a character that felt like we missed a huge amount of development.

I think a lot of people only like CQ for gameplay and think BR is better otherwise. That and because BR's story, while not absolute trash like CQ, still has a lot of plot convenience and overall nothing happens and is boring. Also, I think most people realistically would choose BR irl because Garon is so obviously evil that returning to Nohr is nearly suicide (as seen in CQ).

22 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

The only thing I see for a possible motion control aka HD Rumble is for the new "Skinship/Tap" mode which I'm definitely expecting that's gonna be fun for me!

maybe u can train ur units with motion control. swordplay to earn weapon skill. shield training. horse riding...fishing (my castle). training magic (dont know how ..maybe moving like the z-moves from pkmn) .

If you dont want do these things with motion control then go 'press buttons mode'.   i dont think theye do the same thing like pkmn. it is horrible that motion control must be always on (battery goes quicker down). 

9 hours ago, Sbuscoz said:

They are making the Fates artbook, while they won't put the original script in there there's a small chance we'll see some small bits or curiosities about it. If they don't put it there I don't know if we'll ever see it.

Are they actually making a Fates artbook? It's the first time I hear about this! I'd happily buy a copy.

On the Pokemon subject, if motion control is required, how is that going to work in handheld mode..? Anyway, I really doubt FE16 will have motion control.

Regarding FE16, I'm honestly feeling pretty pessimistic about its chance to show up at E3. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm bracing for the worst... I'm really optimistic about the game itself, but not about the "when".

27 minutes ago, Ayra said:

Regarding FE16, I'm honestly feeling pretty pessimistic about its chance to show up at E3.

With every leak that became reality lately, I'm pretty sure we are going to see something about the new FE. A teaser at least, but I'm honestly expecting something more. Only thing I hope is it won't be Reawakening, not just because it sounds dumb, but I don't think Awakening needs a remake (if it would be a remake that is). Or, if it's gonna be Reawakening, I really hope we will get full voice acting, like in SoV, or else the whole thing would be pointless imo.

22 hours ago, Chconroy said:

The validity of one leak doesn't verify every leak associated. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

I agree. But, yeah, I was a little surprised to see Paladins coming to the Switch.

Edited by MetalAmethyst