FE16 "leaks"

With E3 coming near so does the reveal of the game!!! I am so hyped up right now. Btw I feel like FE and let's go should get their demos on the switch. Fe will now introduce their new audience to home consoles and people might be sceptical about it. Also let's go because it is the first pokemon game on a home console and it inovates with a lot of its choices in gameplay and perhaps playing the game first hand will help improve the image of the game to dissapointed fans. Also E3 doesn't count as not everyone can go there.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That pkmn lets go scared me a lttle. They said u can have pkmn lets go on november ( it is kanto region, no pkmn wild battle and just like pkmn go version...i really hate it) then they said a new pkmn version comes 2019. what if they do the same thing on fire emblem? IS: we give you FE 16 without support, same as fe heroes xD but in dec 2019 u will get a another fe 16!" that would be horrible!

I trust IS and hope they dont do such a thing like they do with pkmn lets go

3 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

That pkmn lets go scared me a lttle. They said u can have pkmn lets go on november ( it is kanto region, no pkmn wild battle and just like pkmn go version...i really hate it) then they said a new pkmn version comes 2019. what if they do the same thing on fire emblem? IS: we give you FE 16 without support, same as fe heroes xD but in dec 2019 u will get a another fe 16!" that would be horrible!

I trust IS and hope they dont do such a thing like they do with pkmn lets go

I don't think Fire Emblem has enough popularity to get spin-off game to fill time before a main release like Pokemon. The only spin-offs we have are TMS, Heroes, and Warriors; all three of those came to be fairly recently when looking at the series history.

The way I see it, the only situation where FE Switch is delayed to late 2019 and we get a game before then is another Echoes remake, which would still be a main game (especially if it isn't a localized game). I want to stress late 2019, because the game is slated for 2018 and considering the time left, a release in early 2019 isn't out of the question.

I am not going to lie IS doing what Pokemon is doing was not something I thought about but I would not be surprised to see happen, ideally it would be another remake of a japan only release but that seems more like wishful thinking, could maybe  be some sort of cross-over with Heroes like the new Pokemon.

As for favorite leak I actually saw another leak that was never discussed here (not really sure why, may debunked too early) that I really liked. From what I remember it was going to be about a rebellion trying to break free from a huge kingdom in a war spanning 3 generation that ends with the rebellion losing. May be off on a few things, saw it around when all of the January Direct leaks were coming out (I believe there was also leaks for other games included) and lost the source (kind of curious if anyone else saw it). Excluding that I liked the whole Elegy of the Brave thing.

Edited by nirvanafan

4 minutes ago, nirvanafan said:

I am not going to lie IS doing what Pokemon is doing was not something I thought about but I would not be surprised to see happen, ideally it would be another remake of a japan only release but that seems more like wishful thinking, could maybe  be some sort of cross-over with Heroes like the new Pokemon.

As for favorite leak I actually saw another leak that was never discussed here (not really sure why, may debunked too early) that I really liked. From what I remember it was going to be about a rebellion trying to break free from a huge kingdom in a war spanning 3 generation that ends with the rebellion losing. May be off on a few things, saw it around when all of the January Direct leaks were coming out (I believe there was also leaks for other games included) and lost the source (kind of curious if anyone else saw it). Excluding that I liked the whole Elegy of the Brave thing.

I never heard of that one. It sounds neat, kind of a call back to Genealogy. I'd be interested to find the leak if it still exists.

38 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

I don't think Fire Emblem has enough popularity to get spin-off game to fill time before a main release like Pokemon. The only spin-offs we have are TMS, Heroes, and Warriors; all three of those came to be fairly recently when looking at the series history.

Hmm, well given Nintendo's history of Spin-Offs, I think there IS one spin-off nobody has considered yet... FIRE EMBLEM MYSTERY DUNGEON!!! (I have no idea how it would work, and honestly when I think about it, I'm not sure I wanna know how it'd work.)

Beyond my absurd thoughts, I am beyond hype for E3, and I pray for some news if any.

1 hour ago, RookofSpades said:

Hmm, well given Nintendo's history of Spin-Offs, I think there IS one spin-off nobody has considered yet... FIRE EMBLEM MYSTERY DUNGEON!!! (I have no idea how it would work, and honestly when I think about it, I'm not sure I wanna know how it'd work.)

Beyond my absurd thoughts, I am beyond hype for E3, and I pray for some news if any.

I don't play Mystery Dungeon games, but that sounds fine on paper.

3 hours ago, RookofSpades said:

depending on the execution, that isn't a horrible idea, could be one of those play as characters from across the series deals, which I would not disprove of, maybe outrealm shenanigans bringing every game together, so we have our excuse, but they would need to find a way to make characters different, again, this seems interesting but maybe would be hard, I think it would be easier than fire emblem warriors.

Elegy for the Brave was the most interesting leak for me so far. I'm still hoping it's somehow true. It really sounded like a return to the epicness of Jugdral and Tellius which would be an amazing debut on Switch. 

Mutiny sounded awful. Gothic Emblem I could get behind but I fear it would be more anime gothic and less classical gothic. 

Reawakening, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a sequel, not port or remake. I'm not against like Chrom's dad's story or a Lucina sequel, but it would be disappointing for them to cling to Awakening with the Switch debut. Let it be for a while. Move on.

I'm both excited and nervous to see wtf this game is. Best case scenario we get a return to form a la BotW; worst case, for me, a tone deaf announcement like Pokemon Let's Go.

Edited by Book Bro

A FE x Mystery Dungeon crossover? Well, SoV kinda pulled that sort of thing with its dungeon crawling. It wouldn't be a bad idea to go by.

I just really don't want a Fates or Awakening sequel/prequel. I enjoyed those games, but they had their time and are still getting plenty of spotlight in spin-offs. In actuality, I want this new game to be completely on a new continent with no cameos or Asugi-esque characters. Amiibo fighters could be the exception but apart from that...

All the Awakening stuff put into Fates did that game no favours at all, and I feel like all of them became worse in their new characters except for Laslow and Rhajat. 

Let's Go is very disappointing Pokemon game. It's barebones. No GTS,Battlespot and WonderTrade. Only 151 Pokemon. No wild battles. LOL it does not innovate. It dumbs it way down for Go players. Thank God the core game is coming in 2019.

It's a very expensive game with lacking features and only upscaled USUM look. Online trading and battling locked behind online paywall. 

Edited by Arvin

3 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Let's Go is very disappointing Pokemon game. It's barebones. No GTS,Battlespot and WonderTrade. Only 151 Pokemon. No wild battles. LOL it does not innovate. It dumbs it way down for Go players. Thank God the core game is coming in 2019.

It's a very expensive game with lacking features and only upscaled USUM look. Online trading and battling locked behind online paywall. 

I would wait for the game to release to say stuff like this.

3 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Oh no need. I don't plan to waste money on that.

So you're judging a game based on 3 minutes of a trailer?

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

So you're judging a game based on 3 minutes of a trailer?

No, I'm basing it on a 3DS Pokemon game that has all those features + all Pokemon at a far lower price. 

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

was it confirmed to only have the original 151?

Masuda was asked about Pokemon Bank compatibility but declined to comment about it. It's a Yellow remake so if is not gonna be compatible with Pokemon Bank, it will only be 151 or at least Gen 1 to Gen 3 with Pokemon Go transfer. Pokemon Go only has up to Gen 3 pokes so still not all of them assuming they make them able to transfer Pokemon past Gen1 to Let's Go.

10 minutes ago, Arvin said:

If it's a remake of an FE game, I hope they go all out and not half-assed like SOV. Update the dreadful maps, add new classes and add weapon triangle.

The lack of a weapon triangle made sense considering the lack of axe users and the game was built around the smaller number of classes, so I won't blame the remake for not editing those.

That said, I'll agree that not having every map being a giant square would've been nice and the Soldier line looses viability in Act 3 and are basically useless Act 4 onwards. At least I feel that the remaining games to be remade are more structurally solid.

12 minutes ago, Arvin said:

If it's a remake of an FE game, I hope they go all out and not half-assed like SOV. Update the dreadful maps, add new classes and add weapon triangle.

you can't just add weapon triangle willy nilly in a remake without some serious changes to the game overall. And new classes were added (dlc though)

Besides part of what made Gaiden so unique was that it didn't have the weapon triangle and it was more RPG-esque.

The maps were pretty dreadful but the addition of Milas Turnwheel helped alleviate a lot of the problems.

To say because they didn't change the things you wanted means it's half assed is pretty weak

14 minutes ago, Arvin said:

that shouldn't be an issue, every game that could be remade now has the triangle, also SoV would have not appreciated the triangle in the least, it was not designed mechanically around it with only one common sword user class per sex, no axe users and everything else being a lance or non applicable, people note that including the triangle in SD did not help it as it was a verl lance heavy game. Gaiden was not a game where you could change that many things without completely removing the point of remaking it in the first place, the maps still needed their original context and that is why you can't just overhaul them. If you think you could do a better job I would be curious to see what you have in mind because as far as the game's mechanics are concerned there is little that can be changed while making the game feel like gaiden.

2 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Masuda was asked about Pokemon Bank compatibility but declined to comment about it. It's a Yellow remake so if is not gonna be compatible with Pokemon Bank, it will only be 151 or at least Gen 1 to Gen 3 with Pokemon Go transfer. Pokemon Go only has up to Gen 3 pokes so still not all of them assuming they make them able to transfer Pokemon past Gen1 to Let's Go.

well that sucks if that's the case I may be more inclined to skip, and after I went through so much trouble to catch a wimpod and riolu (both female) in beast balls they better let me transfer in the 2019 game.

1 hour ago, Arvin said:

Holy shit are you from the future?