Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I honestly don't care whether this is fake or not. At least it gets me hyped for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of giving sword users a long range equivalent to javelins and throwing axes that relies on strength instead of magic. If anything about Garland is true, I have a feeling he's going to be obnoxious as a character.

Edited by Chconroy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

I like the idea of giving sword users a long range equivalent to javelins and throwing axes that relies on strength instead of magic. It's odd to here that Anna will be a prologue character, while other characters sound standard. If anything about Garland is true, I have a feeling he's going to be obnoxious as a character.

Didn't Fates have Kodachi and Wakizashi for this reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. Glad to hear about the characters. It sounds like we have Lena (Eden) and Wolt (Jean). Dorin sounds loyal, which is good because our younger brother doesn't. Also, Poor Adriana.

55 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

I like the idea of giving sword users a long range equivalent to javelins and throwing axes that relies on strength instead of magic. It's odd to here that Anna will be a prologue character, while other characters sound standard. If anything about Garland is true, I have a feeling he's going to be obnoxious as a character.

What do you find odd about it? She's been a paralogue character since Awakening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Serea-chan said:

@Chconroy It said paralogue not prologue. 

At least she isn't DLC hopefully...

 

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

Hmmm. Glad to hear about the characters. It sounds like we have Lena (Eden) and Wolt (Jean). Dorin sounds loyal, which is good because our younger brother doesn't. Also, Poor Adriana.

What do you find odd about it? She's been a paralogue character since Awakening.

*Quickly logs in and edits the post*

I didn't read the info wrong because I'm tired. Nope, not at all.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Didn't Fates have Kodachi and Wakizashi for this reason?

I never used those weapons, so I forgot about them. I was more thinking of the Light Brand in the GBA games. Were they worth using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

I was more thinking of the Light Brand in the GBA games. Were they worth using?

Aside from having a long-range option, not really. Light Brand does a fixed damage of 10. I could be wrong though.

 

Anyway, i'm still thinking this is fake, but i really hope that thing about Pursuit being back is more of it actually being Adept being back. Because if Pursuit is actually back, i'm throwing this game out the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyway, i'm still thinking this is fake, but i really hope that thing about Pursuit being back is more of it actually being Adept being back. Because if Pursuit is actually back, i'm throwing this game out the window.

Considering how it's described, it sounds a lot more like adept then pursuit so I think we're safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more this pulls from Christianity, to more leary I become of it, despite liking most concepts here. Japan likes using a Catholicism expy as a villianous society from it's unfortunate history of rampant corruption, so much so it's a cliché. 

So which one is the Jesus? Alain or Dracul? The god is named Samuel. Will the Humans be against homosexual relationships despite S-ranking in Fates giving the option and Leon in Echoes being openly gay? Is said Samuel church bad or misguided? Who do the Kibaire worship?

If they opt for this kind of direction, we'll see an M rating or a crap ton of censorship. And neither bode well!

Honestly, the only time I've seen this same "the church did it" storyline done well was FFXIV Heavensward, and that was mostly down to the time it took to explore every faction and the aftermath in said factions. Everyone was wrong to an extent, and we had to remove the top brass refusing to change for the sake of peace on both sides. In the end, we saw both societies join together to clean house and right the wrongs of history without discarding their identities to do so.

That's rarely done.

Edited by Altrosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

So which one is the Jesus? Alain or Dracul? The god is named Samuel. Will the Humans be against homosexual relationships despite S-ranking in Fates giving the option and Leon in Echoes being openly gay? Is said Samuel church bad or misguided? Who do the Kibaire worship?

Actually, no.  It's Samael, who is known in Judeo-Christian lore as a demon or an angel of death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Samael (shows his more dragonlike portrayal in the Megami Tensei series; I have a gut feeling that IS would use a similar portrayal if these leaks are real)

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Aside from having a long-range option, not really. Light Brand does a fixed damage of 10. I could be wrong though.

Oh, I should've been clearer, I meant the long-range swords in Fates.

The Light Brand does 10 in Binding Blade, half of strength in Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

47 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Actually, no.  It's Samael, who is known in Judeo-Christian lore as a demon or an angel of death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Samael (shows his more dragonlike portrayal in the Megami Tensei series; I have a gut feeling that IS would use a similar portrayal if these leaks are real)

Good catch, and wow, that changes so much of the narrative possibility, but that almost certainly spoils that Samael is guaranteed to be our big bad final boss. IS is starting to get stuck on that.

 

Edited by Altrosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Actually, no.  It's Samael, who is known in Judeo-Christian lore as a demon or an angel of death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Samael (shows his more dragonlike portrayal in the Megami Tensei series; I have a gut feeling that IS would use a similar portrayal if these leaks are real)

Samael could also be referring to one of the names given to the Demiurge in Gnosticism (also called Yaldaboth): A being who, while he supposedly created the universe, he isn't the most powerful being (despite the best of his knowledge.) He's described at best: An arrogant prick no better than your average Greek god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention, but don't really feel like making its own thread, is that same sex S-Supports are returning and are avaliable on both routes. There are going to be more in this game than in Fates, with some characters having exclusively same-sex supports. Dracul, as an avatar will be able to S-Support any character.

Edited by Mis Leaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mis Leaker said:

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention, but don't really feel like making its own thread, is that same sex S-Supports are returning and are avaliable on both routes. There are going to be more in this game than in Fates, with some characters having exclusively same-sex supports. Dracul, as an avatar will be able to S-Support any character.

boy, they really went there. not that i mind. more yuri for me. you said any character for dracul, does that include the human side as well

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mis Leaker said:

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention, but don't really feel like making its own thread, is that same sex S-Supports are returning and are avaliable on both routes. There are going to be more in this game than in Fates, with some characters having exclusively same-sex supports. Dracul, as an avatar will be able to S-Support any character.

Oh fucking god no please dammit I hate that shit and now they bring it back for what?? Fuck it, I just hope the writing is good enough to not be too yaoi fanservicy. Which they are probably going to do anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Atsushi Giovanna said:

Oh fucking god no please dammit I hate that shit and now they bring it back for what?? Fuck it, I just hope the writing is good enough to not be too yaoi fanservicy. Which they are probably going to do anyway.

The main problem with that was the characters they made available for the gay supports. Niles is a confirmed sadist, criminal and cold-blooded murderer, and Rhajat is a redux of one of the worst characters in FE (Seriously, Soleil is a fucking confirmed lesbian, and she only has male S-Supports, what's up with that?). The "Gay Fates" patch for Fates shows that Same-sex supports can be written well, even in Echoes, Leon was a really good character. All IntSys has to do is make an LGBT character who's personality goes beyond "I'm gay" or "I'm a Yandere stalker", and not go too deep into Yaoi/Yuri territory in the writing. It's so simple, they even got it right the last time.

Edited by Hawkatana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mis Leaker said:

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention, but don't really feel like making its own thread, is that same sex S-Supports are returning and are avaliable on both routes. There are going to be more in this game than in Fates, with some characters having exclusively same-sex supports. Dracul, as an avatar will be able to S-Support any character.

I'm surprised they would go that far. Not saying that as a complaint if it's true; I'm all for same-sex s-supports, but I'm just surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mis Leaker said:

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention, but don't really feel like making its own thread, is that same sex S-Supports are returning and are avaliable on both routes. There are going to be more in this game than in Fates, with some characters having exclusively same-sex supports. Dracul, as an avatar will be able to S-Support any character.

My feelings on this would largely depend on a few things:

1. Which characters?

2. Would there be more to them then just their sexuality? Because personality matters more than orientation.

And 3. How would this effect other characters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hawkatana said:

The main problem with that was the characters they made available for the gay supports. Niles is a confirmed sadist, criminal and cold-blooded murderer, and Rhajat is a redux of one of the worst characters in FE (Seriously, Soleil is a fucking confirmed lesbian, and she only has male S-Supports, what's up with that?).

Soleil's not a homosexual. She was never intended to be so. There's not a doubt for this when it comes to her JP dialogue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_S_(genre)

The developers are not obligated to design their game to account for the English version's rewrites.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mis Leaker said:

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention, but don't really feel like making its own thread, is that same sex S-Supports are returning and are avaliable on both routes. There are going to be more in this game than in Fates, with some characters having exclusively same-sex supports. Dracul, as an avatar will be able to S-Support any character.

This is contradictory. I don't have issue if a few characters are bi, pan, and gay, as a Bi person, I desperately want that, but it feels pretty sketchy to think I can get an exclusively gay unit to marry my female Dracul. UNLESS the second half of the statement is more about us having more instances of units that only marry the avatar, like Priam or Scarlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

This is contradictory. I don't have issue if a few characters are bi, pan, and gay, as a Bi person, I desperately want that, but it feels pretty sketchy to think I can get an exclusively gay unit to marry my female Dracul. UNLESS the second half of the statement is more about us having more instances of units that only marry the avatar, like Priam or Scarlet.

Clearly the avatar can turn any character gay and any character straight using their Mary Sue powers /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Clearly the avatar can turn any character gay and any character straight using their Mary Sue powers /s

The only way this would work is if the sexuality is just never acknowledged. No, "I was gay until I met Dracul." Just, "I love Dracul."

I mean, that's at least a little less of a red flag, but the above kind of dialogue is why Soleil reads as a lesbian to so many people, despite being straight by the fact she only S-supports males. 

Anyway, I do like that we don't need to play the eugenics game here, and can instead support units we actually use or the ones with good dialogues without potentially screwing up another unit's growths. I can ship my hypothetical Odin and Kagero all day long without ruining Ophelia's magic.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, the Avatar S-Support any Character, IF he matches the gender, that Character is attracted too.

Just like in Awakening and Fates with the Exception of Morgan/Kana

 

Godfrey and Garland sound to me like they'll be Major Antagonists who both represent the more evil side of their Kingdom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, the Avatar S-Support any Character, IF he matches the gender, that Character is attracted too.

Just like in Awakening and Fates with the Exception of Morgan/Kana

 

Godfrey and Garland sound to me like they'll be Major Antagonists who both represent the more evil side of their Kingdom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...