Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

This is Intelligent Systems. Nintendo is just the publisher. (kind of like how people say "because Nintendo" for games like Pokemon or Xenoblade... which are not developed by Nintendo. And look what Nintendo's allowed in all three Xenoblade games? They're more flexible than people think as publishers)

Are we just going to overlook Bayonetta 2 in all of this? Platinum Games tried to make it more SFW to fit what they thought Nintendo's standards were, only to be met by a "make it more sexy/violent!". Because that did happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawkatana said:

Are we just going to overlook Bayonetta 2 in all of this? Platinum Games tried to make it more SFW to fit what they thought Nintendo's standards were, only to be met by a "make it more sexy/violent!". Because that did happen.

Exactly! They even put her INTO SMASH BROS without altering her design and style much, if at all. And how NIntendo encouraged Koei-Tecmo to go their own way with Hyrule Warriors (and that game gave us Cia, among other characters/costumes)

(I just didn't think about Bayonetta bc I've never played her games)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawkatana said:

Are we just going to overlook Bayonetta 2 in all of this? Platinum Games tried to make it more SFW to fit what they thought Nintendo's standards were, only to be met by a "make it more sexy/violent!". Because that did happen.

Exactly! They even put her INTO SMASH BROS without altering her design and style much, if at all. And how NIntendo encouraged Koei-Tecmo to go their own way with Hyrule Warriors (and that game gave us Cia, among other characters/costumes)

(I just didn't think about Bayonetta bc I've never played her games)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

Exactly! They even put her INTO SMASH BROS without altering her design and style much, if at all. And how NIntendo encouraged Koei-Tecmo to go their own way with Hyrule Warriors (and that game gave us Cia, among other characters/costumes)

(I just didn't think about Bayonetta bc I've never played her games)

The only thing they changed was the removal of the F-Word (which is totally understandable, considering Sm4sh is a "for-all-ages" game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

The only thing I can think of is her "sources" had a script or took image of the info and stuff in it but even that's skeptical to a degree since other right leaks didn't have images with listed info to be later confirm correct with like 1-2 wrong.

Still most of the time when someone leaks a game thet just have 1 big info dump, not this slower drip feed. Whoch is why I've been skeptical, especiallyseeing as how the final bits came out after a January Nintendo direct was leaked.

Remember the TMS leaks, it was just a one and done deal with the information on what was censored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Still most of the time when someone leaks a game thet just have 1 big info dump, not this slower drip feed. Whoch is why I've been skeptical, especiallyseeing as how the final bits came out after a January Nintendo direct was leaked.

Remember the TMS leaks, it was just a one and done deal with the information on what was censored.

I forgotten about that game so I don't know nothing about it or follow it(hope that gets a port to Switch and uncensored then maybe I'd try it but I digress). I'm not confirming or denying anything until January.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Galgun 2 and Doom.

Nintendo doesn't seem too concerned with adult themes and content as much anymore, which is likely them trying to get back most of the core of the gaming after the Wii's novelty, and the WiiU desperately trying and failing to get children on board (kids want the system with the big adult games, all kids want to get into more grown-up stuff, so if you cater to mostly kids, adults and kids are gonna be less interested)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 6:13 PM, TadpoleSuperHero said:

This is Intelligent Systems. Nintendo is just the publisher. (kind of like how people say "because Nintendo" for games like Pokemon or Xenoblade... which are not developed by Nintendo. And look what Nintendo's allowed in all three Xenoblade games? They're more flexible than people think as publishers)

Clue me in on what Xenoblade has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Clue me in on what Xenoblade has. 

In Xenoblade there was quite a large amount of "meat" on many of the females, especially the party members. X's JP version allowed you to change the bust size of your avatar. Xenoblade 2 had massive assets and camera focus on said assets during cutscenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

In Xenoblade there was quite a large amount of "meat" on many of the females, especially the party members. X's JP version allowed you to change the bust size of your avatar. Xenoblade 2 had massive assets and camera focus on said assets during cutscenes.

Xenoblade 2 is truly glorious in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xenoblade 2 goes way too far it becomes cringe worthy. The game is basically a manual on what not to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Xenoblade 2 goes way too far it becomes cringe worthy. The game is basically a manual on what not to do. 

Nah.

 

It's a manual of how to succeed at life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Nah.

 

It's a manual of how to succeed at life.

I mean its the highest sold in the first 3 days in Japan compare to the other 2 so there's an indicator there I enjoy the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm home sick so if I'm a little more incoherent than normal, I'm sorry, but Xeno 2 just feels like a huge step backwards from X quality wise. The cutscenes are out of wack,  the mediocre voice-acting is just all over the place, and the character's animation (particularly the faces) is really off putting.

Although, I am in the boat that the fanservice pushes into disservice because of how far it goes in Xeno 2. It feels a bit like a clap-back to the censorship X had. Some of it was pointless, like the bust slider cut, but other choices like making it impossible for Lin, a 14 year old girl, to wear the same overtly sexy and slinky gear options is perfectly justifiable.

 

On the subject though, I'm.curious how localization will be handled for FESwitch. I assume 8.4 is behind it again after Treehouse took so much flack for Fates, but Echoes didn't really have anything too questionable, and Nintendo isn't totally adverse to M rated titles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 5:13 PM, TadpoleSuperHero said:

This is Intelligent Systems. Nintendo is just the publisher. (kind of like how people say "because Nintendo" for games like Pokemon or Xenoblade... which are not developed by Nintendo. And look what Nintendo's allowed in all three Xenoblade games? They're more flexible than people think as publishers)

Just going to point out that Intelligent Systems is a Nintendo development studio. Not just a subsidiary like Monolith, an independent partner like GameFreak, or a third party who gets funding like Platinum. Nintendo owns ALL of their stock, meaning Nintendo ultimately gets the last word when it comes to IS decisions. They used to be IN Nintendo's main offices until about 4 years ago, and their "big" move put them right next to another one of Nintendo's main studios.

When IS isn't making Fire Emblem, they're typically making Paper Mario and Wario games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love how all the leaks suddenly stop after the whole January direct "leak"(I put in quotes because its expected to happen anyway not really a surprise at all but I digress) if this turns out true or at the very least some/half of it happens I can see what IS means of a very different FE game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Altrosa said:

I'm home sick so if I'm a little more incoherent than normal, I'm sorry, but Xeno 2 just feels like a huge step backwards from X quality wise. The cutscenes are out of wack,  the mediocre voice-acting is just all over the place, and the character's animation (particularly the faces) is really off putting.

Although, I am in the boat that the fanservice pushes into disservice because of how far it goes in Xeno 2. It feels a bit like a clap-back to the censorship X had. Some of it was pointless, like the bust slider cut, but other choices like making it impossible for Lin, a 14 year old girl, to wear the same overtly sexy and slinky gear options is perfectly justifiable.

 

On the subject though, I'm.curious how localization will be handled for FESwitch. I assume 8.4 is behind it again after Treehouse took so much flack for Fates, but Echoes didn't really have anything too questionable, and Nintendo isn't totally adverse to M rated titles.

I didn't think the voice-acting was that bad. Rex's VA is meh when he has to scream, but I found the other characters to be done well.

Nevermind, Rex's yelling, "DON'T FORGET ME" and the fact that the lip syncing is off at times can make it mediocre. Nevermind. At least Zeke and Nia are done well.

As for the fanservice- have to agree with you there. I know it's supposed to be lighthearted, but there's a couple of scenes that I just roll my eyes at because they take away some of the drama from the game.

But back to the subject- I don't think they'll go M for Fire Emblem. I don't think they'll do anything past a T rating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost half of December down Switch making a massive milestone January will be here soon for reveals. Anyways they'll always go for T rating despite sexual innuendos and other elements. As for localization not sure probably 8-4 or even someone new but I can say they definitely learned their lesson from Fates with the BS they did as far as I can see with every new game Nintendo made or gotten to the Switch this year and coming next so all will be good but if they haven't for some dumb reason thank Naga for region free.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Almost half of December down Switch making a massive milestone January will be here soon for reveals. Anyways they'll always go for T rating despite sexual innuendos and other elements. As for localization not sure probably 8-4 or even someone new but I can say they definitely learned their lesson from Fates with the BS they did as far as I can see with every new game Nintendo made or gotten to the Switch this year and coming next so all will be good but if they haven't for some dumb reason thank Naga for region free.

even with region free they refuse to let us use english anything sadly, so regardless the damage is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I don't expect her to say anything else until after the Direct.

expecting, 'I told ya so' or, 'Well the source was kinda dubious'

Either way we may not hear anything at all, who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

expecting, 'I told ya so' or, 'Well the source was kinda dubious'

Either way we may not hear anything at all, who knows.

The sheer amount of negative attention she might attract should FE16 be revealed during the Direct not to line up with the leaks would lead me to believe she wouldn't say anything even after the Direct.

I know if I was her and this happened I wouldn't want to show my face around here ever again.

(On another note, I recall seeing her join and noting her username of 'Mis Leaker' was a typo.  I can only imagine how apt such a moniker would be if the leaks aren't true.)

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The sheer amount of negative attention she might attract should FE16 be revealed during the Direct not to line up with the leaks would lead me to believe she wouldn't say anything even after the Direct.

I know if I was her and this happened I wouldn't want to show my face around here ever again.

(On another note, I recall seeing her join and noting her username of 'Mis Leaker' was a typo.  I can only imagine how apt such a moniker would be if the leaks aren't true.)

I don't know if she was even lying, you can spread misinformation without knowing, I recall someone saying that she may have gotten a bad source which even mis leaker seemed to have some level of doubt after considering that possibility, I wouldn't hold it against her if it turned out false.

course, if you want to be cynical you could say she is just covering her ass by playing innocent, but that would require you to be a bit of a jerk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't know if she was even lying, you can spread misinformation without knowing, I recall someone saying that she may have gotten a bad source which even mis leaker seemed to have some level of doubt after considering that possibility, I wouldn't hold it against her if it turned out false.

course, if you want to be cynical you could say she is just covering her ass by playing innocent, but that would require you to be a bit of a jerk.

Personally, I like to assume the best of people when possible, so I say we should at least take her at her word that she believes it's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...