FE16 "leaks"

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

(...)If it was, I hate the idea of guns in FE.

Well, since pirates go hand-in-hand with guns, it would be safe to say that a FE Pirates would have guns...Maybe instead of bows? I don't recall seeing pirates depicted with bows (but I like the idea - archers FTW). Actually, I start to like more the idea of a pirate themed FE the longer I read these posts.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, coldhand25 said:

Well, since pirates go hand-in-hand with guns, it would be safe to say that a FE Pirates would have guns...Maybe instead of bows? I don't recall seeing pirates depicted with bows (but I like the idea - archers FTW). Actually, I start to like more the idea of a pirate themed FE the longer I read these posts.

The pirate lord I mentioned earlier from TRS uses bows.

Plus, pirates DID exist before guns were invented and widely available.

2 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

Hahahaha.

Sure, sure. I guess I was thinking more of the Western ideal of pirates. You know, the grittiness, swearing, etc.

However, if they wanna do a One Piece-styled FE they could. Just wouldn't be my cup of tea.

I am pretty sure pirates of the Caribbean are pretty popular....

and as someone already said One piece is like a religion there

why people always say that pirates arent popular ....

its not like any ninja movie was ever popular....

Edited by Pegasus Knight

5 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Pirates exist since ancients times...

Yeah, I know pirates existed before guns, I will try to rephrase, what I wanted to say is when someone talks about pirates the general idea is the guy with beard, guns in hand, yelling and drinking rum - all that while ravaging a village, attacking another ship... Well, at least that's what comes to my mind (kinda) when talking about pirates. That's the reason why I said they go hand-in-hand with guns. I should've been more specific tho.

11 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The pirate lord I mentioned earlier from TRS uses bows.

I will have to look it up, it seems I've missed this one.

1 minute ago, coldhand25 said:

I will have to look it up, it seems I've missed this one.

To make it a bit easier, his name is Holmes.

31 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Pirates were known for flintlock pistols, not muskets.

Regardless, I am 110% sure that this isn't real. If it was, I hate the idea of guns in FE.

I know that, but where there's pirates, there's royal soldiers, and royal soldiers definitely use muskets. 

Plus, I actually like the idea of older guns being in FE. 

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Actually, The Legend of Shanty Pete does sound pretty awesome.

Spoiler

'twould be the story of a fearsome pirate who singlehandedly defeated a Dagon after it bit off his leg, had his hand replaced with the sharpest and pointiest hook hand ever crafted after loosing it in a duel, who's mighty parrot could turn into a pheonix and destroy entire fleets, and who's briny beard alone could strike fear into the most hardened of sailors and soldiers alike!

He was not only a terror among the seas, but across entire worlds (okay, only Archenia, Tellius, and whatever continent Fates was set on, but still), and his name is still told even thousands of years after his demise! And some say that he's still out their, with his ghostly

On the lighter side of things, he DID start an orphanage and had some skill on dancing on barrels of rum.

And as a historical in-joke, his real name would be Edward.

I searched up two topics just to recall all the information on Shanty Pete, looked through this site to remember what a Dagon was called, and found out whether or not 'twould is an actual word. All that, just to make this joke.

Thank you.

Seriously though, Shanty Pete needs to appear as hard-to-reach, tough-as-nails bonus level, where you have to fight his ghostly crew on his giant pirate ship, while Shanty Pete himself would have a unique class and maxed out stats. The reward would be unlimited gold, or something along those lines, as the level should be THAT hard to justify such a reward.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Pirates were known for flintlock pistols, not muskets.

Regardless, I am 110% sure that this isn't real. If it was, I hate the idea of guns in FE.

Isn't there a hack with guns in it? I mean it wouldn't make sense but like maybe muskets or something would be okay. Two range weapons or something, like the ones with swords on them. 

39 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

echoes had plenty of pirates in celica's route.... i dont get why its so hard for some people to see pirates with no guns....

That wasn’t a game based around pirates though. This will be if it is real. 

11 hours ago, DragonLord said:

The leak looks fake to me just from considering that FFXV could not make it to Switch that quickly, no way, no how. It was running horribly when they tested the Luminous Engine on Switch, so they said they were looking into a UE4 port. Rebuilding a game of that size in a different engine would take quite some time, no possible way they could finish it in under a year.

But SE is already doing that for FFXV. SE is making a mobile (as in Android and iOS) friendly port that's coming out this year. It's basically a de-make that, somewhat, throws back to FFVII graphics. It's in pre-registration now.

THAT could easily run on the Switch, and that version is nearly finished!

Edited by Altrosa

7 hours ago, Kazuya said:

Honestly, just do another FE 1 remake. Like reuse all the old sprites and just recompose the music. Do the same changes as 11 and Book 1 and then baam, perfect game. 

Shadow Dragon is far, far away from being perfect.

Anyway, assuming this Pirate FE is real (not that I believe it is), will we be seeing proper pirates and not the FE "Pirates" (which are called "Water Bandits" in Japan).

If Pirate Emblem is a thing, it's just gonna go in my binder of games of stifled popular games? What do you do in a creative slouch? PIRATES! See Zelda and Assassin's Creed for reference.

Y'all it would be Ch.2 SoV for almost the whole game.

I am quite late to the party, but after skimming the thread I noticed something was not mentioned:

Owain/Odin will reference the names of previous Fire Emblem games in his theatrics. Odin's C-support conversation with Hinata contains, "Odin Dark prepares his next spell! LUNAR INVERSION!"
Until Mis Leaker began posting on 4chan, this line had no significance beyond Odin being Odin. However, one tidbit of information Mis Leaker has given us is that the effects of the Sol and Luna skills will be swapped in the next game. If Intelligent Systems decided to make Owain reference previous games, it would not be implausible for them to make Odin tease the concept of a future game.
If this were the case, the idea of playing around with night and day, light and dark would have existed at the time Fates was being written; a solidified humans vs vampires idea wouldn't be necessary to tease that bit. One could make the argument that Intelligent Systems does not have a history of teasing the future of the series within a game, but there was also no history of making references to previous games (barring a definite narrative link) until we were introduced to Owain.

I think the leak is fake for reasons discussed in previous pages:
-Much of the information seems tailored to be appealing to as many fans as possible; it makes you want to believe this is real by incorporating concepts fans have wanted to see returned as well as ideas fans liked from the recent games, but tweaked to sound like a better execution of that idea (the cherry on top of this delicious confection would be vampires).
-The leaker played back-and-forth with the audience, adjusting, clarifying, or adding information as people commented.

The Odin line is what makes me no longer certain in my disbelief. While I do think everything Mis Leaker posted has been a well thought-out attempt to troll the fanbase, I highly doubt either of the following are true:
-Mis Leaker took note of this particular line in first Odin-Hinata support conversation and decided to craft a game concept around it.
-This line, executed in the same way Owain would reference previous games, miraculously happens to sound very similar to what Mis Leaker has posted.

I am left confused. Almost everything has been screaming "fake" to me, but I suspect this is not merely an amusing coincidence. I want to see all of this proven wrong in the impending Nintendo Direct, I want to laugh at myself for getting worked up over something silly, but this nagging doubt will not leave me until then.

I did a brief search for the japanese text of Odin/Hinata's C-support, but could not find it. If the original support does not contain something similar to the aforementioned line, then I suppose Treehouse created a line that coincidentally sounds similar to Mis Leaker's information years later. Trying to claim "Treehouse decided to tease Intelligent System's next project" would be the least believable idea posted in the thread thus far.

Edited by Phazon Archon

4 hours ago, Phazon Archon said:

I am quite late to the party, but after skimming the thread I noticed something was not mentioned:

Owain/Odin will reference the names of previous Fire Emblem games in his theatrics. Odin's C-support conversation with Hinata contains, "Odin Dark prepares his next spell! LUNAR INVERSION!"
Until Mis Leaker began posting on 4chan, this line had no significance beyond Odin being Odin. However, one tidbit of information Mis Leaker has given us is that the effects of the Sol and Luna skills will be swapped in the next game. If Intelligent Systems decided to make Owain reference previous games, it would not be implausible for them to make Odin tease the concept of a future game.
If this were the case, the idea of playing around with night and day, light and dark would have existed at the time Fates was being written; a solidified humans vs vampires idea wouldn't be necessary to tease that bit. One could make the argument that Intelligent Systems does not have a history of teasing the future of the series within a game, but there was also no history of making references to previous games (barring a definite narrative link) until we were introduced to Owain.

I think the leak is fake for reasons discussed in previous pages:
-Much of the information seems tailored to be appealing to as many fans as possible; it makes you want to believe this is real by incorporating concepts fans have wanted to see returned as well as ideas fans liked from the recent games, but tweaked to sound like a better execution of that idea (the cherry on top of this delicious confection would be vampires).
-The leaker played back-and-forth with the audience, adjusting, clarifying, or adding information as people commented.

The Odin line is what makes me no longer certain in my disbelief. While I do think everything Mis Leaker posted has been a well thought-out attempt to troll the fanbase, I highly doubt either of the following are true:
-Mis Leaker took note of this particular line in first Odin-Hinata support conversation and decided to craft a game concept around it.
-This line, executed in the same way Owain would reference previous games, miraculously happens to sound very similar to what Mis Leaker has posted.

I am left confused. Almost everything has been screaming "fake" to me, but I suspect this is not merely an amusing coincidence. I want to see all of this proven wrong in the impending Nintendo Direct, I want to laugh at myself for getting worked up over something silly, but this nagging doubt will not leave me until then.

I did a brief search for the japanese text of Odin/Hinata's C-support, but could not find it. If the original support does not contain something similar to the aforementioned line, then I suppose Treehouse created a line that coincidentally sounds similar to Mis Leaker's information years later. Trying to claim "Treehouse decided to tease Intelligent System's next project" would be the least believable idea posted in the thread thus far.

this assumes quite a few things, and the greatest of these is that it relies on the thought that intelligent systems knew what the next game would be, teasing a game that was very likely not in development yet seems unlikely, odin's names are just a gag that has just been played up for laughs, lunar inversion is also a pretty generic name to begin with.

I just want to not that they would have had to know what they were going to do with the next non remake fire emblem, so after shadows of valentia, after heroes and after warriors they had an entire game concept thought out and ready to be referenced in a throwaway line in a support conversation between odin and hinata of all characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they at best were still trying to decide for or against waifu emblem for the third time in a row.

can't wait for pro wrestler emblem, eldritch smackdown!!

27 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

this assumes quite a few things, and the greatest of these is that it relies on the thought that intelligent systems knew what the next game would be, teasing a game that was very likely not in development yet seems unlikely, odin's names are just a gag that has just been played up for laughs, lunar inversion is also a pretty generic name to begin with.

I just want to not that they would have had to know what they were going to do with the next non remake fire emblem, so after shadows of valentia, after heroes and after warriors they had an entire game concept thought out and ready to be referenced in a throwaway line in a support conversation between odin and hinata of all characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they at best were still trying to decide for or against waifu emblem for the third time in a row.

can't wait for pro wrestler emblem, eldritch smackdown!!

It's not like development can only start once a prior game is finished; the conceptual phase and stuff likely began as Fates was winding down.

That said, I do agree that the post puts way too much focus on a single line from a support.

13 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

That wasn’t a game based around pirates though. This will be if it is real. 

i still dont see the problem of a pirate FE game with no guns...

FE wont bring guns... the played with the idea when FE was on its deathbed and dropped it immediately... there is no way they are going to change that now that FE is popular...

13 hours ago, Altrosa said:

But SE is already doing that for FFXV. SE is making a mobile (as in Android and iOS) friendly port that's coming out this year. It's basically a de-make that, somewhat, throws back to FFVII graphics. It's in pre-registration now.

THAT could easily run on the Switch, and that version is nearly finished!

Yeah but SE also said that they probably wouldn't bring Pocket Edition to the Switch mainly cause of the touchscreen only nature of the game. Also that's not FFXV, that's FFXV PE. The leak claims its vanilla FFXV just from the name alone. I recall the backlash of the prospect of Pocket Edition coming to Switch made Tabata do a 180 when asked again about it.

Edited by DragonLord

5 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

when is the january direct exactly?

Thursday, the 11th. I think.