FE16 "leaks"

18 hours ago, Quintessence said:

When I read it would (supposedly) include gothic elements, I thought about the Templars and their obscure setting, plus obscure religious stuff (though I prefer not to mess with that). I don't know a lot of the gothic culture or the medieval art but I could see them pulling something similar to Fates, in which there are different sects that praise a God in different ways, bringing birth to a Holy military order (knights, pegs and whatnot) and a dark cult (dark mages, monsters, gargoyles and vampires?), and probably the Avatar is somewhere in the middle bringing destruction to both sides to restore order or finish off false paradigms. I better stop making stories in my head :P:

Eh, nothing wrong with theorizing. :P:  Makes the waiting for the game worth it, regardless if this leak is somehow true or not.

When I was younger, I was a big vampire and werewolf fan. I need this kind of game in my life. 

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but please let this be a legit leak 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having flat-out vampires is suspicious to me, but mechanically wouldn't they play similarly to Laguz? Assuming there's a short day/night cycle during maps too: vampires would be regular humans for a few turns, then the moon would come out and they would wreak havoc only to turn back in another few turns, rinse and repeat.

Just a shower thought. Anyway; fake or not, what do you think the new classes could/ would be?

(P.S. I'm only on Chapter 17 of PoR and haven't played RD, please don't assume I've played all of Tellius! ...or Fates, for that matter.)

Edited by DefyingFates

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Having flat-out vampires is suspicious to me, but mechanically wouldn't they play similarly to Laguz? Assuming there's a short day/night cycle during maps too: vampires would be regular humans for a few turns, then the moon would come out and they would wreak havoc only to turn back in another few turns, rinse and repeat.

That's not how vampires work. Sunlight is lethal to vampires in pretty much any work of fiction. Vampires aren't "regular humans" during the day.....that's werewolfs.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's not how vampires work. Sunlight is lethal to vampires in pretty much any work of fiction. Vampires aren't "regular humans" during the day.....that's werewolfs.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the whole "sunlight being deadly to vampires" thing is a more modern/recent characteristic about them. In Dracula (where the majority of my knowledge about vampires comes from), the count simply has no supernatural powers in the daytime. IIRC it was a movie that started the deadly sunlight trend.

As for werewolves, I thought that those were human any time there's no full moon? So 13 out of 14 nights they're still human? I know next to nothing about them so if I'm wrong then my b.

As for this topic, like everyone else, I'm pretty sure it's fake, but damn that sounds incredible. I'll be hyped if any semblance of vampires is in the next FE.

Edited by Reloaded

17 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the whole "sunlight being deadly to vampires" thing is a more modern/recent characteristic about them. In Dracula (where the majority of my knowledge about vampires comes from), the count simply has no supernatural powers in the daytime. IIRC it was a movie that started the deadly sunlight trend.

Did some research and yeah, the weakness to sunlight is a more modern thing about them. 

Though, given how defining it is of vampires, IS would probably have that if they ever decide to put vampires in FE.

2 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Fire Emblem: Twilight doesn't sound very likely. The return of an avatar would displease many, and the overall theme wouldn't be very attractive. It's best to stick to LoTR esque fantasy. 

Sound like fun, and a darker take on the fantasy setting of Fire Emblem is always welcomed, well for me anyway. The avatar hate imo is really vocal minority and I think the Avatar feature is here to stay. Even Koei wanted a avatar unit but they benched it for some reason. Marriage it might not be in a every game, but an avatar I say it has like 80% of getting in. Heck even Echoes was going to have one but since they felt the Avatar unit would take up Alm and Celica space up it was benched too. In my opinion they should of went with a avatar anyways since Faye and Conrad don't add anything to the story anyways.

Believe it until "villainous Avatar" I know all of these -Anima and Light (which CAN happen probably) will stay for 16 but how in the world would a villainous Avatar work? Unless its similar to Grima in the Future but I'm on team hopeful this seems very unique a intriguing!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I'm definitely on Team Fake for now, but a Castlevania- or Darkstalkers-esque style would be awesome to see for a Fire Emblem game, assuming it's done right. I'm mostly indifferent toward the rest of the info, but if it does end up being real, I'd certainly be intrigued at the very least.

On 9/25/2017 at 5:56 PM, LucarioGamer812 said:

I don't think this is true whatsoever, mainly due to how different it would be and as said the themes don't exactly mesh with Fire Emblem, I mean neither does Hoshido in a way, since it's literally Japan while every other Fire Emblem country is Europe. But gothic does not seem like something they'd tinker with. Plus it's 4chan, when was the last time anything got right by a 4chan leak? The last thing I can think of is maybe smash 4, but the devs saw that and made it so that person was wrong.

IIRC, 4chan was right about Lyn and Celica being included in Warriors, but were wrong about other things, like the DLC plans. If this "leak" comes from the same source, some of the info may be right, but other details could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Another thing that intrigues me if fake why someone would go to this length to create a fake of a game barely little to no one is talking about and FE VERY RARELY gets leaked stuff.

Some Warriors stuff was leaked (according to Reddit), but it wasn't a huge leak. Just some characters prematurely revealed. You could also consider Echoes a "leak" like how it got datamined and the whole game was on a 3ds engine to be illegally downloaded, just days before it was even released in Japan.

16 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

IIRC, 4chan was right about Lyn and Celica being included in Warriors, but were wrong about other things, like the DLC plans. If this "leak" comes from the same source, some of the info may be right, but other details could be wrong.

Some Warriors stuff was leaked (according to Reddit), but it wasn't a huge leak. Just some characters prematurely revealed. You could also consider Echoes a "leak" like how it got datamined and the whole game was on a 3ds engine to be illegally downloaded, just days before it was even released in Japan.

Yeah at least we know of those games with bunch of info prior, early access and datamining where for this nothing at all and no one talking about it since obviously we have no teasers or anything if this is truly fake somebody SERIOUSLY must've been bored to make this up.

I think it's fake, but only because of the title. I find it kind of hard to believe they already have the title figured out. Gothic FE sounds interesting, overused as that aesthetic is. Maybe they can breathe new life into it. Villainous Avatar sounds kind of counter-inuitive but I'd give it a shot.

3 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Yeah at least we know of those games with bunch of info prior, early access and datamining where for this nothing at all and no one talking about it since obviously we have no teasers or anything if this is truly fake somebody SERIOUSLY must've been bored to make this up.

Yeah I agree that this is most likely made up by a bored fan. Even Reddit hasn't noticed it and those guys are like hawks.

Honestly, I'd be more inclined to believe this than the box art. The box-arts sprites, particularly for Tiki and Lyn, looked so incredibly amateur, I'm surprised even now they're real. With that said, this guys "evidence" is non-existent. The idea of aligning the newer and older generations of Fire Emblem would be nice, and of course gothic horror style I feel is in the realm of possibility since they tried portraying Fates for a more mature audience, this would be a believable alternative. The rest is very basic however.

ok, the concept seems AWESOME, especially because i love castlevania the day Bloodstained comes out it's gonna be like a second christmas for me

somethings make me feel that it could be true, like the Day/Night mechanic, that implies having a world map, with stronger enemies during the night, and also dungeons, which is highly likely, given how appreciated they've been in SoV (i hope this mechanic doesn't affect actual story chapters, that would be unfair)

much more things make me feel that it's fake

-they're for the most part safe assumptions, like the main character wielding a sword (i personally think the next main character won't wield a sword, we already had tons of them in a row: marth, marth again, chrom and then corrin, and since hector, ephraim, micaiah and sothe are a thing...), and a bunch of things fans want to come back, like anima/dark/light, the old WT, skills, supports and avatars

-the fact that the guy openly said that the game will feature a lot of things that will appeal every fan is kinda obvious unless IS has suddenly become stupid

-the avatar playing the role of "a generic villain" makes me very scared, because if the avatar is supposed to reflect your thoughts and feelings, it doesn't make sense to make the avatar a villain, he/she would be bland and boring just like corrin

-how the fuck is that he already knows the main character's localized name? "Alain" in japanese is written "アラン", "Aran", and we already have a character with that japanese name, being him Arran from FE1 (aran from fe10 is called "Brad" in japanese, and alan from fe6 is literally written "Alen"), so unless it's the localized version, how could he possibly know such a specific name? it makes no sense at all

i'm not saying that everything in that comment is bullshit, it's just not credible enough; maybe something is correct

Edited by Yexin

Some of those features sound cool, and would be awesome to have, but I'll join team Skeptic/ Fake.

The gothic/ vampire style sounds a little far out. Pretty much all FE games have been in the same style/ theme. So, hard to believe a sudden change without an official statement.

And we already have the best vampire:

DH8XyeBUMAAaUVi.png

put bluntly I hope this dies in a fire, I'm not to keen on edgy teen emblem personally.

also this just feels like a shitpost to me they got some things down like IS' rhetoric of trying in vain to bridge the gap between the fanbase and all that.

the trinity of magic isn't so far fetched in my opinion but IS hates magic so fake.

and the vampires in a gothic setting sounds like a fangame if you ask me.

so I guess I'm in team #notmyfireemblem.

On 9/28/2017 at 7:58 AM, SlipperySlippy said:

Honestly, I'd be more inclined to believe this than the box art. The box-arts sprites, particularly for Tiki and Lyn, looked so incredibly amateur, I'm surprised even now they're real. With that said, this guys "evidence" is non-existent. The idea of aligning the newer and older generations of Fire Emblem would be nice, and of course gothic horror style I feel is in the realm of possibility since they tried portraying Fates for a more mature audience, this would be a believable alternative. The rest is very basic however.

The new sprites were probably designed by Koei Tecmo. The Rowan and Lianna sprites are even more horrid IMO.

Anyway, regardless of anything, I hope the next FE is really crazy. I miss the days where people were losing their minds at the Laguz.

we live in a reality where Oreo's cereal is on store shelves again, anything is possible at this point

but I can see how vampires would work

they would either be magic units with nosfaratu built in or be sword units who trigger Sol every time they hit something

3 minutes ago, Cat Villager said:

I'm 99,9% sure it's fake but is dark aesthetic for the whole game really out of question? We just had Nohr and Nohrian siblings who looked like anime vampires and they ended up the most popular bunch of characters. 

People would probably dig artwork similar to say Castlevania in the days of like Symphony of the Night too. 

084beef27f323b2ed7860bbdf586c9b8.jpg

Edited by Jedi