FE16 "leaks"

The r/Nintendo subreddit is even predicting that these fire related images are meaning there will be Fire Emblem news in the direct (we obviously all expect that anyway) and I don't see those guys talk about Fire Emblem a lot, seeing them getting hyped is encouraging !

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I simply can't wait to see the foundations of this new game. I'm enjoying the Switch tremendously and I can't wait to have a main series FE to play on it. This direct can't happen soon enough. 24 years old and I always get that giddy kid feeling when I know a new FE game is imminent. No other franchise of games does this to me.

10 minutes ago, TwinBlade said:

Man I simply can't wait to see the foundations of this new game. I'm enjoying the Switch tremendously and I can't wait to have a main series FE to play on it. This direct can't happen soon enough. 24 years old and I always get that giddy kid feeling when I know a new FE game is imminent. No other franchise of games does this to me.

same here TBH, I don't know what it is about fire emblem but I anticipate new games a ridiculous amount for this one series, most others I am excited, but not to the extent as fire emblem. I have yet to feel fatigue from fire emblem even though I have been into the series since 2011, and been burned multiple times as a fan of the older entries I have yet to give up on the series.

19 minutes ago, TwinBlade said:

I know the feeling. Once Fire Emblem Switch comes out, I'm dropping everything to play it.

27 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

same here TBH, I don't know what it is about fire emblem but I anticipate new games a ridiculous amount for this one series, most others I am excited, but not to the extent as fire emblem. I have yet to feel fatigue from fire emblem even though I have been into the series since 2011, and been burned multiple times as a fan of the older entries I have yet to give up on the series.

I've been burnt out on many popular series before. Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Zelda (though BotW has gotten me interested again), Pokemon, Halo, Metal Gear, and more. But I've never once been tempted to drop Fire Emblem. And I've been playing since about a year after FE1 came out as a kid.

Edited by TwinBlade

GameXplain has a video discussing possibilities of this Direct, and of course Fire Emblem is discussed. 

FE talk is around 13:00 haven't watched the rest so they may discuss it later on in the video too. They do mention the FE Mutiny "leak" a tiny bit. edit: it is mentioned throughout the video repeatedly here and there.

Edited by TwinBlade

20 hours ago, Slumber said:

I think the creators have expressed the want to port FFXIV to the Switch. A fully fleshed out MMO on the go would be something quite unique for the Switch.

However, they just broke the PS3 shackles that had been holding back aspects of XIV's development, so I doubt they'd immediately pick up a version that would eventually hamstring them in a similar way that the PS3 did up to Stormblood. I mean, the Switch is still way more powerful than the PS3, but it could still be a bottleneck when it comes to development decisions down the line.

Yep, that was precisely the argument put against Switch FFXIV.... though, dammit I would have no issue swapping to the hand-held if I could!

There was a notable quality jump from a gameplay standpoint for Stormblood, as the minimum requirements are higher, like with Kugane being one open zone. I think Yoshi-P's whole stance has shifted, though, since he's already talking about adding stuff when we hit PS5 in the New Years Q&As! 

15 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Yep, that was precisely the argument put against Switch FFXIV.... though, dammit I would have no issue swapping to the hand-held if I could!

There was a notable quality jump from a gameplay standpoint for Stormblood, as the minimum requirements are higher, like with Kugane being one open zone. I think Yoshi-P's whole stance has shifted, though, since he's already talking about adding stuff when we hit PS5 in the New Years Q&As! 

Yoshi-P's mentality has always been "You'll have to pry my dead hands off of FFXIV", so I wouldn't be surprised if his PS5 comment was a joke.

5 hours ago, TwinBlade said:

GameXplain has a video discussing possibilities of this Direct, and of course Fire Emblem is discussed. 

FE talk is around 13:00 haven't watched the rest so they may discuss it later on in the video too. They do mention the FE Mutiny "leak" a tiny bit. edit: it is mentioned throughout the video repeatedly here and there.

At least they acknowledge it was debunked if Vampire FE is real I would lose my mind even more for being entirely new!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

29 minutes ago, LaserDuda said:

Not sure how credible this is, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Fire Emblem Direct covering FEW DLC Pack 2, the 1st year anniversary for FEH, and information on FE16.

Huh, that’s a shame. I wanted to see if Ms. Leaker was telling the truth.

I'd love to see another Fire Emblem Direct, though I couldn't say if there will be or not. I personally don't feel it's necessarily imperative, but I suppose I can see it working out for them. We'll see.

For now, though...yeah. You can choose to be disappointed either now or later today.

Edited by Prince of Iris

Oh, so you're guessing. That certainly inspires confidence. I'm a patient man, so I won't be disappointed regardless, but I also won't just take your guess as concrete evidence. It certainly would make more sense to put it in the Direct unless they wanted FE to have its own standalone segment, which would make it likely to be a bit of a longer teaser than we normally get. So it's a win-win either way.

I think I should clarify a little. Most others are anticipating FE Switch to be revealed today, and understandably so, but the truth is that isn't happening. So if that is your expectation, you will be disappointed, and maybe also confused.

FE Switch will be revealed at a later date, and it is my understanding that later date will still be this month. How exactly that will play out, I don't know the full details at the moment, but in response to the hypothetical idea of it being through another FE Direct, I offer my opinion that it'd be neat, but I also don't know if that'll happen or not. What I do know is that there is a regular Nintendo Direct today, but FE Switch won't be covered in it.

And that's all well and good, but my point was more of a.. Why should I take you at your word? How are you a credible source? And no, I didn't mean a full Direct specifically for FE. I meant a standalone announcement trailer type scenario. Where they can give more info and focus to FE Switch rather than taking up a timeslot in the Direct.

Edited by TwinBlade

Pretty disappointing for all of it, in my opinion, Fe does look cute though. Any rumors of a Fire Emblem direct?

Edit: Wow, I'm blind, I didn't see the tweet. That's makes things better by a small margin. 

Edited by TheLostWhisperer