FE16 "leaks"

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I suppose you're right. Such memory loss on my part certainly is a downside of a decade-old game.

Though perhaps there is still a question to be made. It was blessed by order - Ashera. Does order exist in a pure state when balanced by chaos in the same being?

And does Ashera/Ashunera (as the most powerful being in the FE universe in your words) really fall to such limitations as not being able to reach across dimensions when we see beings like Anankos do the same (provided that Awakening and Fates are in fact seperate dimensions)?

Ashunera is the balance of order and chaos. Functionally not much different than Yune and Ashera apart, just now a single, united entity. So I'd imagine Ashera's power of order still held once she became part of Ashunera.

And... look. There's no way around it. Anankos is poorly written. His powers make no sense. He can manipulate space and time at some points, but he struggles to do a lot of things we see weaker villains do in previous games. Ashera was able to effectively wipe out humanity aside from a handful of powerful individuals in an instant, which isn't warping space and time, but as a demonstration of power, is way more than Anankos does.

Edited by Slumber

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Honestly this timeline/dimensional talk should be its own topic than here.

Perhaps, but I think a bit of friendly discussion on it is relevant to the topic. Knowing what the series is helps us know where it might go. Aside from the likelihood of great new settings, there also exists a great many opportunities for IS to fill in gaps. 

This exact discussion has, to me, highlighted the potential for a Tellius sequel - to show us how Ike went from one continent to another continent or entire world and how his name became legend there as well.

8 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Perhaps, but I think a bit of friendly discussion on it is relevant to the topic. Knowing what the series is helps us know where it might go. Aside from the likelihood of great new settings, there also exists a great many opportunities for IS to fill in gaps. 

This exact discussion has, to me, highlighted the potential for a Tellius sequel - to show us how Ike went from one continent to another continent or entire world and how his name became legend there as well.

Still nothing to do with the title if discussing about what you'd like to see just make a new topic or bump an existing one to it. I still like to see if any new updates come up regarding FE16.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

On 1/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, Prince of Iris said:

Within the context of the video, Feh presents Eavesdropping Owl as a special skill she has, one for gathering information. If you see it that way, then its effect suggests she'll provide more information about FE Heroes through another Feh Channel when the cooldown drops from 100 to 0. If we assume it's going down by 1 per day starting from the date of the latest Feh Channel, then it would indeed land on February 22.

However, there appears to be some mixed interpretation as to what Feh meant when she literally said she'd work hard on reducing the countdown. Some people choose to believe Feh meant her Eavesdropping Owl cooldown would get reduced just as the other special skills were (meaning Eavesdropping Owl could trigger sooner than 100 days), but it's also possible she is simply referring to her daily efforts to reduce the countdown number starting from 100.

Personally, I think it's probably a significant fact that Feh specifically said she'd reduce the countdown as opposed to the cooldown, and the next Feh Channel will likely air on the 22nd. Either way, there likely will be some big news for FE Heroes next month, given that's the first year anniversary.

As for the relationship between this and FE Switch, it's hard to say they could be in any way related, but at this point I don't think it's impossible either. There's always a chance FE Heroes could have some sort of tie-in with FE Switch long before release. I really don't believe they would actually reveal FE Switch in a Feh Channel though. It just doesn't seem appropriate to me.

Looks like the big news will be announcing the winners. 

Chrom!!

On 1/17/2018 at 11:07 AM, Corrobin said:

"On the distant horizon, a full-scale war is mounting in a brand new Fire Emblem game coming to Nintendo Switch."

Doesn't tell us much, but it's something.

Wait where’s this quote? 

But it does say distant horizon. I don’t think it’s an Archanea game but it’s more just referencing the original stuff

2 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Wait where’s this quote? 

But it does say distant horizon. I don’t think it’s an Archanea game but it’s more just referencing the original stuff

They said this in the original Fire Emblem Direct where it was revealed they were working on FE Switch.

I figured by distant horizon they just meant we could expect to hear more info about the game in the distant future.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That statement doesn't really give any helpful hints about the game's story.

12 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Looks like the big news will be announcing the winners. 

Chrom!!

Maybe, though I'm not so sure about that. With the original Choose Your Legends event from last year, they announced the final results only one week after the poll closed. I find it hard to believe they would wait a month later to announce the results of this new poll, but I guess they could if they really wanted to.

Either way, I do think something will eventually come of Eavesdropping Owl next month and we'll learn even more about interesting things soon. Hopefully FE Switch can be among that as well.

12 minutes ago, Prince of Iris said:

Maybe, though I'm not so sure about that. With the original Choose Your Legends event from last year, they announced the final results only one week after the poll closed. I find it hard to believe they would wait a month later to announce the results of this new poll, but I guess they could if they really wanted to.

Either way, I do think something will eventually come of Eavesdropping Owl next month and we'll learn even more about interesting things soon. Hopefully FE Switch can be among that as well.

Maybe...it’s easvedropping because she’s observing another game?

Just now, IEatLasers said:

Maybe...it’s easvedropping because she’s observing another game?

Nah, I think that just means how Feh is able to deliver news about FE Heroes through Feh Channel in the first place. She always refers to it as having gathered sensitive information from the developers, which should be where the name Eavesdropping Owl comes from.

Like I said before, I really don't think they will have a surprise reveal of FE Switch through Feh Channel, but I do think it may be possible that they could potentially announce FE Heroes news which could also pertain to FE Switch through a future Feh Channel, like some kind of pre-release promotion. The actual reveal of FE Switch being its own thing outside of FE Heroes is what I believe will turn out to be the case.

2 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

Yeah seriously but yeah I doubt anything FE16 related will be on the feh channel but some promotion before release later FE16 will have its own thing.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I don't really see FE16 being announced on something like Feh's Channel.

Whenever Nintendo/IS are ready to talk about FE16 it will probably be during the rumored February direct which I think could be a short FE-centric direct that I can see starting off with more Heroes stuff maybe even Feh's Channel thrown in there even though we never had a direct with Feh's Channel before, then showing off SD's and potentially Awakening's DLC pack for Warriors and then ending with FE16's reveal. Also, they will officially announce FE Cipher to be released worldwide.

That or I see the February direct showing whatever big name games that Nintendo will release this year with FE16 being among them. I'm honestly not too impatient with the lack of FE16 info since Heroes and Warriors has been enough to keep me occupied concerning FE stuff but I will be happy to hear about the official title for it because I feel it's pretty redundant at this point to keep referring to it as FE16 or FE Switch.

7 hours ago, Etheus said:

Actually, Fates could very well be the first FE chronologically in the Archanea world. Note that Chrom refers to Hoshido and Nohr as the mythical kingdoms.

Similar potential even exists in Tellius, which is connected to Awakening via Priam.

Is there a theory that Fates takes place in the same world as Tellius? Because the bottom right of the Fates map is desert and and the upper right on Tellius' is desert. They're the only continents that feature wolf laguz/wolfskin as well, although Nailah and Volug could come from a different tribe than Keaton and Velouria. Who knows?

11 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Is there a theory that Fates takes place in the same world as Tellius? Because the bottom right of the Fates map is desert and and the upper right on Tellius' is desert. They're the only continents that feature wolf laguz/wolfskin as well, although Nailah and Volug could come from a different tribe than Keaton and Velouria. Who knows?

If there wasn't a theory before there is one now. It's certainly valid as a theory. Not a bad one either I might add.

28 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Please oh please oh please oh please do not contaminate Tellius with the filthy world of Fates!

That. Is. It! Caineghis, summon the your nephew at once! Elincia send Geoffrey to lead the vanguard NOW! Micaiah, start predicting!  Tibarn rain down upon the Nohrians! Naesala, work your way into Hoshido and destroy it with treachery! The Begnion Central Army will follow all of you led by Zelgius! Ike and the GMs will bring me Corrin's ugly head! Ashunera- neutralize Anankos and make statues out of everyone else! 

Ahistorical people and places have no true right to the world of living! They shall all be annihilated and their remnants left to the historical and real!

*Cough, cough, cough* Sorry, the idea of the poorly built world of Fates, and quite possibly the very best built world coexisting in the same, is a little irksome to me. I in no way cast judgement upon the people of Nohr or Hoshido.

Whatever the next FE is, I'm probably going to skip watching any trailer and just buy the game when it releases, no hype is better for me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whatever the next FE is, I'm probably going to skip watching any trailer and just buy the game when it releases, no hype is better for me.

I kinda want to do this as well, but at the same time, I'm not really sure how clean I'm going to be able to keep myself clean/blind (without just keeping my internet off for a couple months). I'll probably just watch and try to keep myself in check as to make sure I don't set myself up for a fall like I did with Fates.

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

same here new setting, new lore, new experience for me!

For me, either a brand new setting or one that has a large time gap from other games in the setting. I might be the only one, but I'd like to see an FE game cover The Scouring of Elibe.

1 hour ago, TwinBlade said:

If there wasn't a theory before there is one now. It's certainly valid as a theory. Not a bad one either I might add.

Woot Woot- maybe I should work on a write-up soon.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Please oh please oh please oh please do not contaminate Tellius with the filthy world of Fates!

That. Is. It! Caineghis, summon the your nephew at once! Elincia send Geoffrey to lead the vanguard NOW! Micaiah, start predicting!  Tibarn rain down upon the Nohrians! Naesala, work your way into Hoshido and destroy it with treachery! The Begnion Central Army will follow all of you led by Zelgius! Ike and the GMs will bring me Corrin's ugly head! Ashunera- neutralize Anankos and make statues out of everyone else! 

Ahistorical people and places have no true right to the world of living! They shall all be annihilated and their remnants left to the historical and real!

*Cough, cough, cough* Sorry, the idea of the poorly built world of Fates, and quite possibly the very best built world coexisting in the same, is a little irksome to me. I in no way cast judgement upon the people of Nohr or Hoshido.

Micaiah, start predicting! made me chuckle.

Yeah, the best built world and the most poorly done. No wonder Ashera doesn't bother with them. If it they are in the same world, maybe the devs thought "well, let's hope those 2 games did enough work".

I'm thinking of skipping trailers, but I know I won't be able to. I admire your patience.

36 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Since there is that leaked February direct I'm gonna assume its gonna be early in the month which ties into how mini directs work so soon VERY soon...

If we were going by the "within 20 days" thing, that would place the next Direct on January 31 at the latest.  But if the Direct is truly going to be in February, i'd expect it to be around February 1st-3rd.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

If we were going by the "within 20 days" thing, that would place the next Direct on January 31 at the latest.  But if the Direct is truly going to be in February, i'd expect it to be around February 1st-3rd.

Yeah somewhere there