FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Watchman said:

Maybe they decided to take a page from Bethesda's playbook and announce it when it's just a couple months before launch, the day before launch or half an hour before launch.

That definitely will go against them especially when its better for fans to know sooner in anticipation with some info tidbits in between months before the launch month than near the last minute "oh yeah here's Fire Emblem Switch".

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I always felt that announcement last year wasn't originally planned and was decided on last minute. The Switch back then barely had any games announced and IS may have been forced to jump the gun early to drum up interest for the Big N's new console.

I mean really, why else would you announce something that you don't have anything to show to the public except for a screen that says: Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch (Working Title)?

Even failed Kickstarter pitches are way more substantial than that announcement.

Edited by Watchman

11 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I always felt that announcement last year wasn't originally planned and was decided on last minute. The Switch back then barely had any games announced and IS may have been forced to jump the gun early to drum up interest for the Big N's new console.

I mean really, why else would you announce something that you don't have anything to show to the public except for a screen that says: Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch (Working Title)?

Even failed Kickstarter pitches are way more substantial than that announcement.

Even if it's very early, it's not a bad idea to reassure fans of a series that a new entry is coming. How many people lost their minds when Metroid Prime and Pokemon were confirmed to be getting Switch games? It may be seen as confirming the obvious, but it's a confirmation nonetheless.

Edited by Chconroy

6 hours ago, Watchman said:

Maybe they decided to take a page from Bethesda's playbook and announce it when it's just a couple months before launch, the day before launch or half an hour before launch.

From a marketing standpoint, that is not a good idea. Nintendo knows better.

They way they advertised Fates was amazing, give a teaser here, let the hype build up before giving a full trailer. I hope IS/Nintendo follows a similar strategy.

Giving us that "It's coming" message helps build hype. We've gotten quite a few "leaks", which is getting excited and ready for an official announcement. They just need to release something soon. Wait too long and you lose a lot of momentum.

8 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

That definitely will go against them especially when its better for fans to know sooner in anticipation with some info tidbits in between months before the launch month than near the last minute "oh yeah here's Fire Emblem Switch".

Says who?

I'm actually getting incredibly discouraged by all the people saying "Man, game's dead. Not coming out this year. Nintendo's said nothing. They don't care about Fire Emblem." and other hyperbolic anti-circle jerk statements, because it's an incredibly pessimistic point of view.

I, for one, have hated the "drip-feed" style of game announcements that have been prevalent for a while, and I'm actually very happy that game developers and publishers have started to go in the route of waiting until they have substantial information to reveal, and the game's close to release. I ended up really not liking Fallout 4, arguably the game that restarted this trend, but I was insanely happy that it came out only a few months after it was revealed. I maintained my hype for a good 5 months before its release, and I never lost excitement over it like I did with so many other games that get revealed 3 years before they come out. Sure as shit was more excited for Fallout 4 after its reveal than I currently am of the Final Fantasy 7 remake, which hasn't had a single real gameplay trailer in the nearly 3 years since its announcement.

And it's REALLY tough to say "It's a bad marketing decision" when Fallout 4 was the one of the best selling game of 2015. The game absolutely eclipsed its predecessors.

On top of this, in an age where game delays are SO prevalent, a game being shown off for the first time when it's 90% done with development is such a reassurance. If a game's release date is a few months after its reveal, development will be nearly be at the golden stage where the game is ready to print. Being able to look forward to a game is one thing, waiting years and years is another. Microsoft has straight up come out and said this is their new unveiling strategy, because people aren't super into this whole "Reveal a game, watch it get delayed 10 times, while people excited for it wonder if it ends up canceled" trend that a lot of developers/publishers have followed throughout the HD era.

Plus, it IS in Nintendo's MO to do this. Fates was revealed only a few months before its release in Japan(Shown in January, came out in June). Echoes(Shown in January, came out in April) was revealed a few months before its release. Oh, and of course Awakening, which was revealed in February and came out in April. Super Mario Odyssey of all things was revealed 9 months before it came out, and that was again, one of the best selling games of last year.

Are you guys kind of seeing why this pessimism is incredibly frustrating? There's 0 foundation for it. You guys are upset that you don't know anything yet and are already assuming the worst, when past trends have nothing to justify it. It's so goddamn frustrating to click on any thread about this game and see "Still no news and the game's supposed to come out this year, Nintendo is trying to kill Fire Emblem again." or "Sigh. I guess there's no way it's coming out this year." every time.

Edited by Slumber

^Major reason my hype for Bannerlord is effectively gone. I'm still looking forward to it but I'm not where near as excited for it as I was almost 5 years ago. It's particularly annoying because a ton of modding projects I used to follow went on indefinite hold because they're all waiting for the game to release.

Edited by Watchman

4 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:

From a marketing standpoint, that is not a good idea. Nintendo knows better.

They way they advertised Fates was amazing, give a teaser here, let the hype build up before giving a full trailer. I hope IS/Nintendo follows a similar strategy.

Giving us that "It's coming" message helps build hype. We've gotten quite a few "leaks", which is getting excited and ready for an official announcement. They just need to release something soon. Wait too long and you lose a lot of momentum.

agreed they definitely should know better last minute "oh yeah we got stuff for you guys" is definitely amateurish and not good marketing which I hope I don't see them do(which I doubt) but the month is young we'll see or the Switch Anniversary which will likely have a event like a direct like last years presentation.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Here's the thing with the whole marketing comparison between Fallout 4 and FE switch.Fallout was released after 6 months of its reveal.FE on the other hand was announced a year ago,now I understand why Big N didn't spoke about it last year,we had alot other FE content to keep us busy.But now there is no reason for them to continue being radio silent.Last year Big N put a focus on its first party games from january,of all things you'd expect them to do the same thing again this year.Either way people are angry because of the lack of info and I don't blame them.

48 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Here's the thing with the whole marketing comparison between Fallout 4 and FE switch.Fallout was released after 6 months of its reveal.FE on the other hand was announced a year ago,now I understand why Big N didn't spoke about it last year,we had alot other FE content to keep us busy.But now there is no reason for them to continue being radio silent.Last year Big N put a focus on its first party games from january,of all things you'd expect them to do the same thing again this year.Either way people are angry because of the lack of info and I don't blame them.

It's only been a month, it feels silly to get upset over a lack of info when 2018 has barely begun. We may have wanted to see an info dump in January, but not getting one doesn't mean that Nintendo has made some kind of misstep to warrant our anger.

47 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

It's only been a month, it feels silly to get upset over a lack of info when 2018 has barely begun. We may have wanted to see an info dump in January, but not getting one doesn't mean that Nintendo has made some kind of misstep to warrant our anger.

I'm mostly angry because thus far Big N desided to put all it's attetion on indies,ports and expensive cardboards.They can't expect to sell 20 mil switch copies based on those.

Edited by The Lazy Tactician

Well, the indie market is very profitable venture to delve into especially since Valve can't be bothered to clean the shovelware in Steam and major ports are games that underperformed because of the system they were in rather than the quality of the games themselves.

As for the Labo, eh, Nintendo never really lost its toy company roots so sure whatever. I'd actually be okay them trying to get back into the toy business. In fact, I'd love to see them collab with Lego and come up with builds that involve the Switch.

Jeez Louis, this all reminds me of that dry spell last year when all the Switch had in terms of big games was BOTW.

19 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

True honestly I feel so down with each day since I keep wondering what this game will look like. I mean some more PR talk or a hint of a name drop would suffice anything to get back some hype.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

9 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

True honestly I feel so down with each day since I keep wondering what this game will look like. I mean some more PR talk or a hint of a name drop would suffice anything to get back some hype.

My biggest fear is that nintendo will make us wait untill E3 to show anything at all.I just hope that by the end of this month we'll have something to talk about.

6 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

My biggest fear is that nintendo will make us wait untill E3 to show anything at all.I just hope that by the end of this month we'll have something to talk about.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think that an E3 reveal for FE Switch, along with other unannounced games, is a small, but distinct possibility, simply because of the fact that Nintendo has their release schedule laid out up until the end of May. The only thing going against this is that a lot of what they have planned doesn't interest specific groups of their audience, namely former Wii U owners, who don't want to pay 60 dollars again (heck Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze launched for 50 on the Wii U, is now 20, and will launch for 60 on the Switch). And for their other announcements, cardboard is for kids and third party games that we know will run worse on Switch than third party counterparts. 

I can't imagine that Nintendo wouldn't be naive enough to do this, but it is Nintendo after all. And to play Devil's Advocate, maybe we're the foolish ones here and they feel confident enough from a business stand point to stay on track to sell 20 mil Switches by the end of the year despite having a port heavy cardboard filled first half of the year.

Most likely we will have a direct this month or the next (March is way more likely imo).

Edited by Dandee Leone

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:03 AM, The Lazy Tactician said:

Here's the thing with the whole marketing comparison between Fallout 4 and FE switch.Fallout was released after 6 months of its reveal.

Yes, full of bugs, just like any other Bethesda game. Games released by Nintendo tend to be a lot more polished and bug-free, which (unfortunately) takes time.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, The Lazy Tactician said:

I'm mostly angry because thus far Big N desided to put all it's attetion on indies,ports and expensive cardboards.They can't expect to sell 20 mil switch copies based on those.

They can't expect to sell 20 million Switch's based solely off of a new Fire Emblem game either.

6 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

^You're not wrong,either way all we can do now is wait.And I agree about the ports,they really are terrible.Just last week I bought Doom and it doesn't even compare to it's PS4 counterpart.Downgraded graphics and sound problems just ruin the experience over all.

Yes, but is the PS4 version portable? Most people I've seen overlook the downgraded graphics for the fact that you can play Doom/Skyrim/whatever on the go.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Yes, but is the PS4 version portable? Most people I've seen overlook the downgraded graphics for the fact that you can play Doom/Skyrim/whatever on the go.

And for what it's worth, the Switch version of Skyrim still puts the PS360 version to shame anyways.

To go back on topic, I really wish we had something at this point. Tease us with some environmental concept art, or a silhouette, or something; grab some attention and drum up a bit of hype before a full reveal.

6 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Yes, full of bugs, just like any other Bethesda game. Games released by Nintendo tend to be a lot more polished and bug-free, which (unfortunately) takes time.

They can't expect to sell 20 million Switch's based solely off of a new Fire Emblem game either.

Don't put words into my mouth,I never said that FE alone will be a console seller or that it will deliver their desired numbers.About Bethesda,bugs or not their marketing campaing for Fallout 4 was succesfull,you can't deny that.And lastly about Doom,I'm not other people,graphics do matter to me but not so much as the game breaking bugs,portable or not it's unexceptable.

Edited by The Lazy Tactician

On 2/4/2018 at 4:18 AM, The Lazy Tactician said:

Never really thought about it, but you made me realize that I have gotten into the habit of "We will hear about it at E3!" kinda of mentality with games I'm excited about but there's not much/no release date for them available. But alas, I still think that is most likely when we will get the next thing about this FE.. I'd love to see something this month, but IF we get anything, I have a feeling it would be similar to Fates first trailer, which literally might have as well just said "Hey a new fire emblem is coming out sometime. And it's.. samurai vs knight?" I don't think I'd rather have another one of those, than just wait for E3.

Now that I think about it...  How long has it been since the last proper, non-single-game-centric Nintendo Direct we've gotten?  September?

If that's the case, I'm going to go nuts if we don't get one between now and E3.  That's way too long of a wait.