FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dreamyboi

I've taken a look around and so far that Twitter account is the only source that mentions this apparent Nintendo Direct at all, so I'm assuming it's bull.

Edited by Dreamyboi

Guest Dreamyboi
1 minute ago, ElectiveToast said:

Sh*t, I almost got hyped. 

It happens. At this point I'm convinced we're getting info at E3, which makes no sense to me. You'd think they'd want to build hype and not suspense.

1 minute ago, Dreamyboi said:

It happens. At this point I'm convinced we're getting info at E3, which makes no sense to me. You'd think they'd want to build hype and not suspense.

Maybe they're convinced more suspense = more hype. 

There are still 3 months until E3. Let's not start shooting ourselves in the feet just yet. If May rolls around and we've heard nothing about it then worry about it being shown in E3. Nintendo is a business and I'm certain they know what they're doing when it comes to announcements. Even if tomorrow there was a "surprise Direct!" and they give FE an announcement and release date, what happens if that release date is right next to something huge like Pokemon, for instance? You'll have an almost identical scenario with what happened with FE Warriors. Remember, good things come to those who wait. 

Guest Dreamyboi
1 minute ago, ElectiveToast said:

Maybe they're convinced more suspense = more hype. 

That's an odd way to go about it, if I were in charge of this I'd release small bits of info periodically to keep people invested. Release the title, maybe a bit of gameplay detail here, some story details there, then close to it's release date announcement show off some actual footage of the game to really get them excited and give them a "I can't fucking wait to try this out" feeling.

Seems like a better way of going about things than Youtube-esque radio silence for months until announcement.

Guest Dreamyboi
3 minutes ago, Serea-chan said:

There are still 3 months until E3. Let's not start shooting ourselves in the feet just yet. If May rolls around and we've heard nothing about it then worry about it being shown in E3. Nintendo is a business and I'm certain they know what they're doing when it comes to announcements. Even if tomorrow there was a "surprise Direct!" and they give FE an announcement and release date, what happens if that release date is right next to something huge like Pokemon, for instance? You'll have an almost identical scenario with what happened with FE Warriors. Remember, good things come to those who wait. 

It's not like I think they'll choose a dumb release date or anything, it's just that it's been over a year and we've heard NOTHING. I hope whatever kind of tactic this is that it works out well for them in the end.

17 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

That's an odd way to go about it, if I were in charge of this I'd release small bits of info periodically to keep people invested. Release the title, maybe a bit of gameplay detail here, some story details there, then close to it's release date announcement show off some actual footage of the game to really get them excited and give them a "I can't fucking wait to try this out" feeling.

Seems like a better way of going about things than Youtube-esque radio silence for months until announcement.

Yeah, this method is just making the game a case of vaporware. 

Bruh, I know, the FE for Nintendo Switch was the thing I was most hyped over in the entire FE Direct. 

FE Switch isn't going to be like a 3DS Fire Emblem it's probably going to be a lot bigger, given it's jump from handhelds to a home console. I think they're trying to time it so we know of it but we don't know everything about it, because let's be real, almost nothing about Fates was a surprise before America got it. If POI was right about FE16 releasing in Autumn due to localization, right now might be a little too early to release anything. I think we might even get the official FE Switch trailer in English for the first time whenever they announce it. 

I think hounding Nintendo and believing every "leak" from every source will only disappoint fans in the long run. I don't know if anyone cares for anything I say but, I'd trust Nintendo and Nintendo alone for information, let's just try and ride spring out until we hear something trustworthy. 

Guest Dreamyboi
9 minutes ago, Serea-chan said:

FE Switch isn't going to be like a 3DS Fire Emblem it's probably going to be a lot bigger, given it's jump from handhelds to a home console. I think they're trying to time it so we know of it but we don't know everything about it, because let's be real, almost nothing about Fates was a surprise before America got it. If POI was right about FE16 releasing in Autumn due to localization, right now might be a little too early to release anything. I think we might even get the official FE Switch trailer in English for the first time whenever they announce it. 

Makes sense. Plus they probably don't want the actual games to be leaked anymore. I remember people somehow getting access to the full Japanese version of Echoes before even it's Japanese release and Fates' japanese version being leaked lead to people translating bits of the game and posting them online and if I remember correctly that's how the petting minigame outrage and """conversion therapy""" misunderstanding with Soleil happened.

IntSys and Nintendo are probably sick to death of game details being leaked before they intent them to be.

Edited by Dreamyboi

A POTENTIAL international release sounds promising for certain reasons but at the same time I remain overly cautious at the same time with my eyes peeled on the localized version when shown off before I get that version or the JP version if anything. 

I do feel we might only get 1 or 2 Famitsu scans of the game before release which sucks since I love the Fates days where to me were like the "Pic of the day" with some little neat things to learn about. BUT they can do a focus direct on the game in the release month kinda like Xenoblade 2 then I'd be ok with that anything to make me analyze and talk about this god damn game!

I am thinking that we might get something on the next cipher stream-oscar mentioned something along those lines too,going as far as tslking about echoes,which did reveal new characters etc.;i think he mentioned that the next realistic possibility would be on the 16(?)or something,though i am not sure^^-otherwise i would think early april/late march would make most sense for a direct,but ehh...

Edit:fixed some typos

Edited by Aurora

Goddammit I almost had a heart attack when I saw the "announcement".

Any way the possibility of getting actual info on E3 is starting to get real with each passing day,as much as I hate to admit it.

And it doesn't make any sense,the game is going to be overshadowed with all the other blockbuster games being revealed at E3.Revealing the game before that and then having additional info on E3 would be alot better,in my opinion.

Guest Dreamyboi
1 minute ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Goddammit I almost had a heart attack when I saw the "announcement".

Any way the possibility of getting actual info on E3 is starting to get real with each passing day,as much as I hate to admit it.

And it doesn't make any sense,the game is going to be overshadowed with all the other blockbuster games being revealed at E3.Revealing the game before that and then having additional info on E3 would be alot better,in my opinion.

Yeah see that's what I was thinking but apparently Nintendo has other plans, whatever the fuck those plans are.

2 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

Yeah see that's what I was thinking but apparently Nintendo has other plans, whatever the fuck those plans are.

People are right when they say that Nintendo operates on a different plane of existance.Trying to understand their broken logic makes my brain hurt.

8 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

I'm probably going to get mob-lynched for saying this, but making an occasional 18+ game isn't going to kill Nintendo's profits, especially with Fire Emblem and its already mature themes (human on human war, death, politics, social friction, etc) as well as the fact that its target audience is already quite grown up in comparison to other Nintendo fandoms. And then when you look at the sales history of the FE series, you'll find that fanservice actually reels in quite a lot of money. Game of Waifu Emblems isn't that far fetched when you think about it. Not to mention, parents are a lot more lax on what their children view than they were a generation ago; just look at all the squeakers on GTAO and TF2. 

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't like this to be the fate of FE either, but Nintendo notices that blatant fanservice is a lot more profitable than a solid story or good gameplay. And Nintendo, being a business, will go for whichever path prints the most money. Nintendo also notices the rift that Awakening created, and knows that the veteran gamers make up a large portion of the community, but have conflicting tastes with the general audience. Hence, the proposition to return FE to its pre-Awakening years would detract the general audience, while doing Game of Waifu Emblems would detract the hardcore base. Nintendo would have to do a bit of both unless they want to lose out on some huge profit. 

On a third note, I don't think we'll see 18+ FE fanservice anytime soon, even if the scenario you describe was completely true. This means that fans of the series (who are mostly young teenagers) would be old enough to see some raunchy things by the time Game of Waifu Emblems comes rolling around. So again, no huge loss there.

Blood and gore would already be a huge departure from what Fire Emblem has always been, let alone actual nudity and potentially sex. Not that we know for a fact that it wouldn't work better for them in the end, but that is a pretty good example of probably not being worth the risk. Changing an established game series that much generally doesn't work, unless you're niche enough that you don't have all that much to lose. As for a bigger focus on fanservice, as I said, it feels like it's typically not worth it in the long run. It gets people talking for a while, and then an astounding majority moves on to something else. Not to mention it turning off a lot of players.

Aknowledging that rift with Fates, and acting upon it brought nothing good. Did they do it wrong? Who knows. But making two games for two halves of your audience is a huge waste of resources, and keeps the series on this narrow path that leads nowhere. What if the general fanbase ends up divided on the version catering to them at some point? Do you make a third version, then a fourth? Or should they just stop at two because it's "enough"? Well, arguably one game is enough for reasons very close to the ones you were probably thinking of. Besides, from a business standpoint Fates was more of an attempt to cash-in than to fix things, since you were very much encouraged to buy all three versions. Maybe they'll do that again, who knows, but my point is... I'm pretty sure they don't really care. Not enough to go that route anyway. What we saw as a problem, they treated as an opportunity. That's pretty telling.

You're giving too litte thought to things in the long run here though. Yes teenagers grow up, but others take their place, whom you can get to buy your games relatively easily with advertising without changing the formula. Very rarely does a series age along with its audience.

By the way, we're acting like things could get worse for this community, but really, could they? Sometimes it feels like the next step would be us physically harming one another, and whatever they do would likely kill the series long before we even get close to that happening. Plus I like to think that most are slowly getting very tired of the conflict, to the point where more and more people will move on from annoyed silence to speaking up in order to make it stop. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Edited by Cysx

Guest Dreamyboi
13 minutes ago, Cysx said:

By the way, we're acting like things could get worse for this community, but really, could they? Sometimes it feels like the next step would be us physically harming one another, and whatever they do would likely kill the series long before we even get close to that happening. Plus I like to think that most are slowly getting very tired of the conflict, to the point where more and more people will move on from annoyed silence to speaking up in order to make it stop. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

I don't think it'd get any worse, there was already one incident where a Camilla fan was doxxed for choosing her over Ike so I think the fanbase conflict has gotten as bad as it's going to get. I'm just worried it might remain that way if FE Switch is given the Fates treatment, which honestly has no good reason to happen save for IntSys deciding to go the easy money route. As for people getting sick of the conflict, yeah I'm thinking people are speaking up, though even if they aren't it shouldn't be hard to see the problem already with internet tough guys throwing around epithets like "Nostalgia Blind Elitist" and "Lonely Pervert Weeaboo".