FE16 "leaks"

I just hope FE16 gets a simultaneous world-wide release. There's literally no reason why it can't.

Also, that is an interesting title. Especially after recent games have just one title (Awakening, Fates, Echoes). Granted, Echoes also has SoV but i'm sure it's because it was a remake.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Ah, I've been ninja'd twice on vandal_leaks it seems.

Anyway, it seems very promising but also seems that we're only getting a CG trailer? What do you make of the "fallen soldiers" theme, more Risen or a cross-generational story like FE4?

(Now that I type this, I realise Fire Emblem has never done a proper zombie apocalypse story. A game where any character who dies returns as an undead miniboss would be both interesting and harrowing...)

After all this. No gameplay??heh well it’s still like 9 months from release but ar least we will see the main characters and even get to hope for more info from famitsu and stuff 

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ah, I've been ninja'd twice on vandal_leaks it seems.

Anyway, it seems very promising but also seems that we're only getting a CG trailer? What do you make of the "fallen soldiers" theme, more Risen or a cross-generational story like FE4? Or do you think this fits the Vampire Emblem leak?

(Now that I type this, I realise Fire Emblem has never done a proper zombie apocalypse story. A game where any character who dies returns as an undead miniboss would be both interesting and harrowing...)

The theme being fallen soldiers gets my hopes up about a more mature story about war that will focus on the soldiers and how war affects them instead of some pure fantasy tale about felling dragons and evil gods.

But, I'll try not to get my hopes up

23 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I hope it’s not called that because it sounds “final game-y”. What comes after your elegy? 

Also UGH I totally had a fan storyline in my head and this sort of would make mine a repeat 

It might not be accurate

16 minutes ago, Modamy said:

The theme being fallen soldiers gets my hopes up about a more mature story about war that will focus on the soldiers and how war affects them instead of some pure fantasy tale about felling dragons and evil gods.

But I like my evil dragons and gods.

As for that leak if true it sounds like nothing new for a medival war fantasy series. It could possibly be something around past crusaders of legend to the present characters or something similar to the Deadlords.

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

As for that leak if true it sounds like nothing new for a medival war fantasy series. It could possibly be something around past crusaders of legend to the present characters or something similar to the Deadlords.

I'd actually be cool with more lore for the deadlords

Ideal game: FE sacred stones like 500 years on or something.

In all seriousness though, I'm excited to see what FE16 will be, and if it really is focusing on death then that sounds wild

13 minutes ago, Modamy said:

I'd actually be cool with more lore for the deadlords

Deadlords are one of the biggest mysteries in FE. Would appreciate a game centered around this

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

It might not be accurate

No, it probably won't be accurate since the theme doesn't match Fire Emblem themes, for my point, you kill enemy soldiers and it doesn't revolve around the leaked theme. If we need more accurate details, we will need to wait until the next E3 event.

Guest Dreamyboi
1 hour ago, Modamy said:

As if. Not getting those hopes up is probably wise.

As much as I'd love a story like that it doesn't seem like the route Fire Emblem would take, we're definitely going to see something like "HE WAS POSSESED THE WHOOOLE TIME GUYS!!!!1!!!!111". It's just too overdone for them to NOT do at this point.

Not trying to be a party pooper, just saying we should cool the hype so we don't end up with more disappointment.

25 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

FE16 is actually just a sequel to Awakening

I actually wouldn't be surprised if FE16 took place in that timeline sometime after the events of Awakening.

Anyways, this is going to be interest. If we don't see FE16 here, then I think we will at E3. Either way I'm looking forward to this Direct.

Guest Dreamyboi

Then again we DID get that moment with Mustafa in Awakening, which was THE BEST PART of the game in my opinion.

So maybe we could get something great, who knows.

If what Vandal_Leaks is saying is true, and the theme of the game is soldiers passing away, then along with Elegy being part of the title my hope is something along the lines of this.

A 3 generational FE game. And when I say generational, I don't mean children or child units. I mean something along the lines of if Binding Blade and Blazing Sword were one game.

Since full scale wars often span over many decades, Id love to see something along the lines of a 100 Years war. You start the game with the first set of units, but as they die/age you get newer units and Lords enlisting or being drafted into the war. The elegy and legacy of the fallen and how they affect and connect to the newer soldiers each generation, as well as the advancement and change(both technologically and culturally/territory-wise) from generation to generation would be really cool to see.

Of course, this is just wishful thinking and purely based on the leaks of both the potential theme and name. I doubt Nintendo would go so hard lol. But one day I d like something like that.

I don't see this game or FE in general going THAT DEEP/DARK regarding fallen soldiers it could be a plot point regarding Heroes of old to the current present Heroes new like certain characters are descendants of the past heroes to be able to wield legendary weapons. Or the characters learn from the past of their ancestry or something throughout the course of the main story.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn