FE16 "leaks"

1 minute ago, MyBoyHector said:

One hopes they cut back the fan service by a percentage and put it into more character story/depth by the same percentage.

My heart wants this.  My cynicism says otherwise, if Heroes is any indication.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The GIF's frames are lagging behind, but I think I get what you mean.

I doubt FE Switch will have to have as much crap onscreen at a given time as a Warriors game, so I do have higher expectations for that game's character models.

Alternatively, I don't think I would mind them experimenting with more unconventional artstyles, if they're looking for other ways to make the game look "beautiful".

I’d also like to see different art styles, maybe something like Skyward Sword (inspired by impressionist art) or Child of Light (all the graphics are watercolor paintings). Or if they keep doing anime designs, there’s still a lot of different styles they could work with (Studio Ghibli Emblem, anyone?) also I heard they hire manga artists to work on the games; if they hired Hiromu Arakawa that would be the best thing ever!

13 minutes ago, MyBoyHector said:

One hopes they cut back the fan service by a percentage and put it into more character story/depth by the same percentage.

That’s what I hope they mean by “breathe life into the characters”, but I’m worried it could mean the fanservice will be even worse :/

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Something tells me the first FE on the switch will be more of the fates/awakening variety with little deviation from the tried and true money cow that Nintendo is raise.

hopefully they can add some interesting game mechanics so i'm not completely salty with all the waifu/summer dlc crap i know is coming at me

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

I have two ways of looking at it:

1) They see Heroes as a cash cow, and use it to direct the franchise from now on, essentially just confirming our fears and just turning Fire Emblem into a fanservice factory. 

2) They use Heroes as an outlet for all of the fanservice and tone it down with the main series. 

Of course, I also stand on the cynical side, so I fully expect #1. If that happens, then it's a pretty clear sign to me that Fire Emblem will keep being that, and it just won't be the franchise I fell in love with anymore, and I don't know how long I'd keep supporting new entries in the main franchise. 

But I'll end up pleasantly surprised with #2, and have renewed hope in the franchise. 

Edited by Slumber

3 hours ago, MyBoyHector said:

How they handled Echoes makes me hopeful that they'll head in this direction.

I doubt Echoes will change anything that was present and popular in other previous games especially when it didn't do so good and had a bunch of criticisms for it being too original with the absence of alot of things if I recall (not saying bad as in flop but clearly not as good in the overall 3DS trinity). It was just a different take on the art design but that doesn't mean that the concept won't be present and Heroes is a much better indicator that it'll remain and to me and I'm sure many it wasn't a big deal when it wasn't overall extreme heck even the Heroes devs in a interview said it was a positive reaction to them so idk *shrugs*.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I feel like this is asking for too much, but I'd love them to have their own subtle idle animations in supports/conversations, like in Ace Attorney. Like Athena playing with her earring, or Apollo rubbing at his hair nervously.

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I doubt Echoes will change anything that was present and popular in other previous games especially when it didn't do so good and had a bunch of criticisms for it being too original with the absence of alot of things if I recall (not saying bad as in flop but clearly not as good in the overall 3DS trinity). It was just a different take on the art design but that doesn't mean that the concept won't be present and Heroes is a much better indicator that it'll remain and to me and I'm sure many it wasn't a big deal when it wasn't overall extreme heck even the Heroes devs in a interview said it was a positive reaction to them so idk *shrugs*.

Sales met expectations, and it came out in the 3DS' late part of the life cycle, so I don't think it was seen as a failure. I'd say the big factor in what happens is who directs the next game. I don't like to blame Maeda for everything like some people, but I can't deny the fact that all of the recent games where he directs it the tone and fanservice have been a certain way. 

54 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Sales met expectations, and it came out in the 3DS' late part of the life cycle, so I don't think it was seen as a failure. I'd say the big factor in what happens is who directs the next game. I don't like to blame Maeda for everything like some people, but I can't deny the fact that all of the recent games where he directs it the tone and fanservice have been a certain way. 

What was it? Like 80% sold in it's first week. Pretty good. Even Nintendo themselves have said that the game had been popular in it's release period

IS themselves have experience with releasing games on a console at the end of it's lifespan. They knew what they were doing with Echoes. Everyone moved onto Switch so they prepared for less copies and a smaller budget

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, familyplayer said:

Just to clarify I said it didn't "failed" it was passable and had some criticisms for leaving out alot of modern or well known features at the cost of being too faithful to the orignal and the whole DLC debacle but it wasn't high up there to the 2 greats on the 3DS but that wasn't their intent at all they got what they expected as you said but some people think it was suppose to "change" things even for a remake...

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

IS themselves have experience with releasing games on a console at the end of it's lifespan. They knew what they were doing with Echoes

FE1: 20th April 1990

Gaiden: 14th March 1992

SNES: November 21, 1990

Genealogy: 14th May 1996

Nintendo 64: June 23, 1996

Thracia 776: 1st September 1999

Gamecube: September 14, 2001

Sacred Stones: 7th October 2004

DS: November 21, 2004

New Mystery of the Emblem: 15th July 2010

Nintendo 3DS: February 26, 2011

Path of Radiance: 20th April 2005

Wii: November 19, 2006

Yes, SoV has a lot of company in the world of Ninty late FE releases, including its original. The series is more late releases than not.

If you believe Wikipedia, when SoV cane out in the U.S., it actually boosted portable console sales, and it sold 80% of it's initial shipment in Japan, topping that week's release sales chart before the week was even over. 

Anyway....back to whatever shred of life this topic has left. There's only 8 days till the Anniversary I would feel they would announce something 1-2 days before if anything very important happens that day but very unlikely gotta wait around 2 more months for finally news....

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes, SoV has a lot of company in the world of Ninty late FE releases, including its original. The series is more late releases than not.

welp, with this revelation, I have now realised that this game is getting pushed back, see you guys in 2026 when the switch's successor is already out and nintendo is swearing up and down that the switch is good for at least ten more years, before discontinuing it three months later.

Welp... a week until the anniversary. It's either a teaser trailer then or bust til E3 imo.

I agree with whoever said earlier that they can't wait for us to be theorising about ACTUAL fe16 details instead of wild guesses lol. 

6 hours ago, kiaxxl said:

Welp... a week until the anniversary. It's either a teaser trailer then or bust til E3 imo.

I agree with whoever said earlier that they can't wait for us to be theorising about ACTUAL fe16 details instead of wild guesses lol. 

I know right?! I'm tired of these "would you/not want/like" topics.....I can't wait for confirmations and more details!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

i saw this from heroes "Furthermore, the calendar lists two sets of New Heroes, one later this month on the 24th and another starting 10 May. It also gives us the date for the next Legendary Hero banner and other upcoming events and quests. Scroll on below for a full text breakdown."

does that mean that we get fe16 info on anniversary? or is that heroes we already know? and where can i what this finacial report from nintendo?

Guest Dreamyboi
On 4/12/2018 at 10:38 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Christ, no wonder this series has a history of bad sales.

2 hours ago, senior firehood said:

i saw this from heroes "Furthermore, the calendar lists two sets of New Heroes, one later this month on the 24th and another starting 10 May. It also gives us the date for the next Legendary Hero banner and other upcoming events and quests. Scroll on below for a full text breakdown."

does that mean that we get fe16 info on anniversary? or is that heroes we already know? and where can i what this finacial report from nintendo?

I hope that's the case for something substantial. Also search Nintendo IR Info you'll get it there and the updates.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

39 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I hope that's the case for something substantial. Also search Nintendo IR Info you'll get it there and the updates.

I honestly wouldn't count on that. Unless I'm remembering wrong, the calendar doesn't usually give the names of the new heroes banners, just the fact that they have new heroes.

Although if we do get something, I will be pleasantly surprised.

3 minutes ago, Mbgx16 said:

I honestly wouldn't count on that. Unless I'm remembering wrong, the calendar doesn't usually give the names of the new heroes banners, just the fact that they have new heroes.

brings me back to that time when they told us what the grand hero battle was but not who was on the banner, freaking lyon spoiled most of the sacred memories banner with his presence alone. 

3 hours ago, Mbgx16 said:

I'm more referring to the new game coming not heroes stuff lol

Pretty sure we aren't getting anything on the anniversary: April 20th is Labo release day. Nintendo will surely be putting focus on that instead of the Fire Emblem anniversary.

8 hours ago, Ayra said:

Pretty sure we aren't getting anything on the anniversary: April 20th is Labo release day. Nintendo will surely be putting focus on that instead of the Fire Emblem anniversary.

I am ready to riot if that happens. A piece of ?ing cardboard.