Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JustLah said:

Now is that good news for FE? You tell me. Seems like Big N believes it can compete with the likes of Pokémon and Smash, which I don't personally believe. 

Except Pokemon and Smash is all they really need to be honest. Pokemon especially moves consoles like crazy and ends up charting multiple times in the top highest games sold for the week/month of every country for a while.

All of that aside I'm hopeful that we will get some new information, but at the same time I'm just going to reel in the hype. I'd rather not be disappointed again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to be that guy but I think it's important we keep things in perspective and don't get ahead of ourselves till we actually get news.  Speculation is fun and all but at this point all it is doing is making people really disappointed.  In Jan we thought we were going to get something because it was one year since its announcement, then we said Feb because there were leaks and things, then March and now April has clocked round and I personally doubt we'll get anything with Labo coming out.  All we're doing is clutching at straws for news.  There'll be some reason May might have news and the cycle will continue.  Will we eventually get news?  Yes.  We can't do much more until then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mox said:

I don't want to be that guy but I think it's important we keep things in perspective and don't get ahead of ourselves till we actually get news.  Speculation is fun and all but at this point all it is doing is making people really disappointed.  In Jan we thought we were going to get something because it was one year since its announcement, then we said Feb because there were leaks and things, then March and now April has clocked round and I personally doubt we'll get anything with Labo coming out.  All we're doing is clutching at straws for news.  There'll be some reason May might have news and the cycle will continue.  Will we eventually get news?  Yes.  We can't do much more until then.  

I've been saying this for months. People will still get stuck in the mindset that "No news RIGHT NOW=No news at all". 

People have called the game vaporware for not having news, and that was back in January/February. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 days left... imo that's it for me E3 is it for 16...I feel that cardboard stuff was the wrong time for a release date as well....As for leaks although likely fake I still like the Vampire one that's still the best one to me imo.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I don't really care what FE Switch is going to be, I just want to know what it is because the anticipation is keeping me awake at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, unless they say something in the next few hours, likely no Anniversary Direct. Not that surprising given they've not done much with it before, but still.

also think this rules out that old gfaqs 'leak' that claimed it was an anniversary teaser. 

Edited by kiaxxl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait. I clearly missed alot. Is there something happening tomorrow that may or may interest me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrimmLow said:

Wait. I clearly missed alot. Is there something happening tomorrow that may or may interest me?

There was a "leak" on GameFaqs claiming we're going to get a trailer for FE Switch on the series's anniversary tomorrow.

I personally don't think it's going to happen, what with Nintendo Labo launching and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt that as well. It would seem too far from the norm if FE suddenly drops a trailer off Direct where a whole lotta people watch. However. This doesn't rule out the possibility of a suprise FE direct, since sometimes, Nintendo tends to announce directs right near said directs broadcasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ElectiveToast said:

It is April 19th. If there was going to be a direct, Nintendo would have told us by now. 

They could always give us a Direct Mini with no warning at all like last the last Direct Mini.  Of course, I don't expect them to, but it's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

They could always give us a Direct Mini with no warning at all like last the last Direct Mini.  Of course, I don't expect them to, but it's possible.

Yeah, I think chances are we’ll have to wait until E3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A teaser trailer could drop at any time, but as for the whole deal with FE possibly sitting next to Smash and Pokémon, that seems like the plan. Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 4, and Bayonetta 3 are also likely going to get some reveals. There's rumor of Waverace returning, as well, and some time will be spent on the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2. None of this includes the inevitable left field reveals, 3rd party, or indie titles.  (Spyro remakes or Octopath Traveler, for example.)

Basically, there was zero chance FE16 was going to be front and center, Nintendo is fully aware, and that's perfectly fine. That's normal for E3, and it comes down to how info continues to come down the pipeline afterwards.

Edited by Altrosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well its obvious the 20th in Japan so again knew nothing was happening E3 is 54 days away I can hold out a bit longer I don't care of other obvious "big" announcements at this point during E3(I'll enjoy what's shown and preorder stuff when/if that's an option and all but) I just care for seeing FE16 there which it very likely will!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping possible E3 reveal (which is the only option if it's still coming out this year). I have a mild theory about it that is most definitely wrong, but saying it anyways. What if the game has the cipher reps in it as maybe not the lord but in the game as units? I think that would be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Hoping possible E3 reveal (which is the only option if it's still coming out this year). I have a mild theory about it that is most definitely wrong, but saying it anyways. What if the game has the cipher reps in it as maybe not the lord but in the game as units? I think that would be interesting.

There was that note from earlier that Cipher has a series hitting this autumn that has zero hints on the game it's based on, which was the same sort of vagueness held over what eventually turned into the Echoes set.

But, I'd like the Cipher units to pop in like they did in Echoes, though, preferably not as DLC exclusives.

 

Actually, DLC is a conversation in itself. Echoes was lambasted for how expensive it's entire slew of DLC is, but, all three 3DS games has a huge amount of DLC, some of which hid lots of unique lore and character development and other packs had classes and skills behind them.  I just hope we don't get a Heir's of Fate sort of series, where an entire ending path is in small DLC chunks sold separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why but I have been concerned about the switch's library in general not just FE 16. Last year was glorious to say the least, the switch selling like cupcakes and having a major release every month. This year is different however, since january there have been few major titles other than kirby, I don't recall anything else now. Even thought games will come such as smash, octopath, spatoon dlc and FE 16 and some games that we are unsure of such as pokemon and metroid (which I doubt will come out this year). Sony on the other hand has a possible GOTY and a many exclusives. I am not dissapointed or anything but I wonder what they will do to give all games equal chances and not get them overshadowed by other games.

Edited by SuperNova125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I don't know why but I have been concerned about the switch's library in general not just FE 16. Last year was glorious to say the least, the switch selling like cupcakes and having a major release every month. This year is different however, since january there have been few major titles other than kirby, I don't recall anything else now. Even thought games will come such as smash, octopath, spatoon dlc and FE 16 and some games that we are unsure of such as pokemon and metroid (which I doubt will come out this year). Sony on the other hand has a possible GOTY and a many exclusives. I am not dissapointed or anything but I wonder what they will do to give all games equal chances and not get them overshadowed by other games.

It's been mostly 3rd party ports and indie games. You forget Labo launched today.

 

Another thing that may factor in to the break is Nintendo's delayed online services. On FE's front, IS may have a new system in place to replace street pass functionality that Ninty's delayed is bugging up. But that's me spitballing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2017 at 5:42 PM, Glennstavos said:

I just figured out why everybody's bringing up Twilight and saying "Team Fake" or "Team ______" in response to this leak - New Moon was the subtitle of one of those movies. But come on, it's ten years later, and the Legend of Zelda survived having a game with "Twilight" in the subtitle, so this game would too.

Also, a protagonist named Alan has some dark implications.

I know this is extremely late, but can we get Jeff Goldblum as a bat person character?

 

In all seriousness, a gothic themed Fire Emblem with vampires sounds like an interesting concept. I’m guessing maybe the vampires themselves could be referred to as “Vahmpyrah” or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

I know this is extremely late, but can we get Jeff Goldblum as a bat person character?

 

In all seriousness, a gothic themed Fire Emblem with vampires sounds like an interesting concept. I’m guessing maybe the vampires themselves could be referred to as “Vahmpyrah” or something.

I still stand by the Vampire Emblem concept as being a pretty good one as long as the religion aspect is done right. Much of it, though, sounded so much like what we expected Fates (particularly Conquest) to be. It's impossible to tell if this was really good fanfic using the theorized concepts players had during Fates Hype, or if IS listened to the critiques and are going hard on the dark kingdom idea after Nohr's (and Rigel's) popularity showed a fanbase for grimmer stuff.

Edited by Altrosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I love the idea of the New Moon leak having my character be like a Camus like anti-hero as a Vampire sounds so badass hopefully something similar or even better comes from the actual game reveal! Plus IS has lately been doing alot of the two nations/kingdoms clashing lately since the big popularity from Fates would've love an aspect like a race of Vampire like beings vs the usual humans.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...