FE16 "leaks"

24 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

i have a question, are there any new Fire Emblem chars in the new smash bros game? i mean new chars from the future fe16. because of the smash bros thing i thnik we getting something before e3 starts.

I really hope that fe 16 have really crazy characters in it......3 or 4 is enough^^

I do not think that this is a question that can be answered currently without inside knowledge.  From what I am aware of the answer at this second is no.  Although we should not discredit the potential that FE16s main protag may appear.  We may see them to promote the game and get people excited but I wouldn't count on it until we hear or see something more substantial of either game.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, senior firehood said:

i have a question, are there any new Fire Emblem chars in the new smash bros game? i mean new chars from the future fe16. because of the smash bros thing i thnik we getting something before e3 starts.

I really hope that fe 16 have really crazy characters in it......3 or 4 is enough^^

If there are any new character from the new game then some FE veteran will get cut like Corrin.

IMO December is too late of a release date for Pokemon.  Pokemon will not miss Black Friday sales. That's a really dumb move.

6 hours ago, senior firehood said:

Well we don't know but I'm gonna assume(just a guess) so similar to how they did Roy and Corrin introduced before their game comes out in certain regions Roy(Japan only game), Corrin(overseas after Japan). As to the character/s its either gonna be the obvious new MyUnit MC or the other Lord character in FE Switch we'd be extremely lucky if we got both pairs again like Smash 4.

Also Corrins not a veteran they're still new currently and they definitely wont "cut" a unique character like him.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Well we don't know but I'm gonna assume(just a guess) so similar to how they did Roy and Corrin introduced before their game comes out in certain regions Roy(Japan only game), Corrin(overseas after Japan). As to the character/s its either gonna be the obvious new MyUnit MC or the other Lord character in FE Switch we'd be extremely lucky if we got both pairs again like Smash 4.

Also Corrins not a veteran they're still new currently and they definitely wont "cut" a unique character like him.

I agree with this. Now that we know from the new financial reports that Smash and Fire Emblem Switch seem to still be slated for the same year, it becomes a lot more reasonable to assume that Nintendo will continue the trend of promoting new Fire Emblem games with a Smash character. Additionally, due to the popularity of Fire Emblem Heroes, I wouldn't doubt it if we got an older character that has been recognized as popular in the Heroes polls.

4 hours ago, NPR said:

Additionally, due to the popularity of Fire Emblem Heroes, I wouldn't doubt it if we got an older character that has been recognized as popular in the Heroes polls.

My money would be on Lyn or Hector. 

Lyn seems to be a safe bet, given how she's the most popular female in the franchise and they've put her in Heroes enough times to make a mainline FE game that's just a cast of Lyns. However, I could see them going with Hector, who is up there for the males, and I could see Sakurai or somebody going "Hmm, even with Corrin there was still complaints of too many swordies". This way, you'd get a new FE extreme, instead of the mainstays of "Marth is the fast one" and "Ike is the slow one" which... Don't really fit either character that well. 

That's if we're getting a popular Heroes character on top of the FE16 lord. And if that happens, some axes will really need to be dropped on returning FE characters. I definitely expect the FE16 lord, at least. 

Edited by Slumber

9 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Lyn seems to be a safe bet, given how she's the most popular female in the franchise and they've put her in Heroes enough times to make a mainline FE game that's just a cast of Lyns. However, I could see them going with Hector, who is up there for the males, and I could see Sakurai or somebody going "Hmm, even with Corrin there was still complaints of too many swordies". This way, you'd get a new FE extreme, instead of the mainstays of "Marth is the fast one" and "Ike is the slow one" which... Don't really fit either character that well. 

That's if we're getting a popular Heroes character on top of the FE16 lord. And if that happens, some axes will really need to be dropped on returning FE characters. I definitely expect the FE16 lord, at least. 

At first I misread that last sentence as saying the FE16 Lord would need an axe dropped on them.  I frankly don't think we're going to see another axe-wielding Lord from IS in about a million years.  I feel like they'd give them a freaking Bow before an Axe.

At first I questioned the likelihood of a GBA newcomer making it in, but since Roy seems to have dropped off a bit in popularity and IS sees that people really like Lyn and Hector, it seems a little more plausible.  I'm hoping for Hector, but expect Lyn.

I still have a bad feeling IS has not learned a damned thing from the "too many swords" controversy.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

I just want a mage FE character.  I've seen Tharja tossed around, but we might get lucky with FE16 having someone cooler for Smash. 

I think Lucina's most likely gonna get chopped since she's the cloniest of clones. She's likely going to be a skin for Marth.

Edited by Altrosa

29 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

I just want a mage FE character.  I've seen Tharja tossed around, but we might get lucky with FE16 having someone cooler for Smash. 

I think Lucina's most likely gonna get chopped since she's the cloniest of clones. She's likely going to be a skin for Marth.

I think Robin's the Mage. He/she has a sword, but the emphasis on magic is still there.

And please God no. I can't think of a character less deserving of being on a Smash roster than Tharja. She's not even important to the game she's from. That'd be pure fanservice. Lyn and Hector are at least main characters in the games they're from.

10 hours ago, Slumber said:

I doubt about Lyn. Celica is easier to do as a Robin clone.

35 minutes ago, Arvin said:

I doubt about Lyn. Celica is easier to do as a Robin clone.

The general idea is avoiding clones, here.

7 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Lucina ain't going popular poster girl of modern fire emblem, massively popular especially in japan, makes merch, has her own side storyline in FE Heroes Tempest Trial, obvious many variations, her own secondary prf weapon etc she'll likely be retooled to play more uniquely.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

14 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Lucina ain't going popular poster girl of modern fire emblem, massively popular especially in japan, makes merch, has her own side storyline in FE Heroes Tempest Trial, obvious many variations, her own secondary prf weapon etc she'll likely be retooled to play more uniquely.

She was originally intended to be an alt costume for Marth and retooled at the last minute to be a clone. It makes sense to bring her back to costume status to make room for a different rep. A costume is roughly equivalent to a clone anyway.

Edited by Etheus

17 minutes ago, Etheus said:

She was originally intended to be an alt costume for Marth and retooled at the last minute to be a clone. It makes sense to bring her back to costume status to make room for a different rep. A costume is roughly equivalent to a clone anyway.

It really wouldn't plus that'd be dumb at this point for a rep of the game that saved the franchise and is even more popular and playable to be now a skin for a guy that doesn't even get special treatment nowadays lol. And please STOP bringing up that "make room/slot" nonesense its nonexistent to begin with....

41 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

It really wouldn't plus that'd be dumb at this point for a rep of the game that saved the franchise and is even more popular and playable to be now a skin for a guy that doesn't even get special treatment nowadays lol. And please STOP bringing up that "make room/slot" nonesense its nonexistent to begin with....

We have Robin as a representative of the game that saved the franchise, and he/she does enough to be distinct and justify their placement.

Lucina is such a blatant clone of Marth that she literally steals his identity. If that doesn't say costume, I don't know what does. You could spend the development resources to make her stand out (as you can with literally anyone) but, quite frankly, that is a waste of money and resources when you can just use her properly as originally intended and put the resources into someone who is unique from the start - like Lyn, Hector, Micaiah, Ephraim, or countless other characters from this incredible franchise.

Also, I don't appreciate the dismissive attitude. Roster real estate is a thing, even if only in player perception. Regardless of whether it is an issue of actual mechanics (ie - UI efficiency) or only player perception, it is absolutely a development consideration.

Edited by Etheus

If there is nothing to talk about, then there is no reason to turn this thread into smash discussion. It just means there is nothing to talk about. Personally, I won't mind any of the leaks being true. I enjoy Fire emblem as a whole.

22 hours ago, Slumber said:

I do think Lyn would be the most likely choice. The thing that people don't seem to realize why she was chosen in Warriors instead of Ike was because apparently IS said during I think a Heroes interview that while Ike was more popular in the US and Lucina was more popular in Japan Lyn instead had more worldwide appeal. My only complaint though for if she is in the game would be that I do feel like they are going to take out a FE character and personally I would place my bet on either Roy or Lucina. I'm not entirely certain of Lucina because she comes from Awakening (the game that saved the franchise and brought in new FE fans) but she is a clone of Marth so unless Sakurai decides to just make her a alt of Marth then yeah, then there's Roy who really his moveset isn't anything special either and out of the 4 CYL Brave Heroes he had the least amount of votes. Now I know that people aren't too fond of Corrin but like it or she was among the top 10 characters and actually does have a unique moveset. 

This would be my list for FE reps: Marth (Lucina alt), Ike, Robin, Corrin, Newcomer Lyn and Newcomer FE16 lord/main character.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

If there is nothing to talk about, then there is no reason to turn this thread into smash discussion. It just means there is nothing to talk about. Personally, I won't mind any of the leaks being true. I enjoy Fire emblem as a whole.

Exactly it's pretty much a waste of time and goes nowhere about something completely unrelated. Yeah out of the leaks the "New Moon" Vampire Emblem is my favorite one some cool ideas and that "story" would've been so interesting how it would've played out!

i agree, there is nothing to talk about but.......this waiting is crazy.....

this smash thing....i dont like it cause of the last direct...... i hate it xD

i hope it is the vampire emblem.....but Nintendo can surprise me! anytime! DO YO HEAR ME NINTENDO!!!! ANYTIME!!!!

....winter is coming

I just don't see Lyn getting picked as rep since Smash have always went for the the newest entry. At best it's either Alm/Celica with Celica needing less time and resources by being a clone of Robin. Lyn getting 5th alt is blown out of proportions. Why go for a character that goes back to GBA? There's no point in advertising that. At least Echoes could made a bit of sense.

If they go for FEH rep then it's Veronica. Loki was top 5 right?

Thoughts on when this might come out? I'm thinking August or September since the next Fire Emblem Cipher set is supposed to come out in September and they've normally used the games as cross promotion for the card game. 

4 hours ago, MMXZero said:

Thoughts on when this might come out? I'm thinking August or September since the next Fire Emblem Cipher set is supposed to come out in September and they've normally used the games as cross promotion for the card game. 

I agree I definitely see it coming soon than people think especially to tie in with the tcg plus yeah plus the upcoming totally not secret S14 series.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn